PDA

View Full Version : Morten Hyldgaard

Iain G
10-03-2010, 03:23 AM
No, he hasn't been arrested for duffing someone up in Denmark (well not that I know of anyway!!?!?) but the discussion about Oli the Goalie jogged my memory about this dude, the "new Peter Schmeichel" as he was hailed when we signed him and then played, IIRC, no games for us whatsoever (probably due to one Daniel Anderson)...so what happened then consdiering the fanfare he got on arrival??? :confused:

MontrealHibs
10-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Despite having a 10 year+ career he managed a little over 50 appearances, retiring at the end of last season aged 31.

So no loss there then!

Iain G
10-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Despite having a 10 year+ career he managed a little over 50 appearances, retiring at the end of last season aged 31.

So no loss there then!

Yeah it's odd considering the fanfare there was when we signed him, I seem to recall we actually paid money for the guy too? :confused:

seanraff07
10-03-2010, 09:34 AM
He was signed expected to be our number 1 and i don't even think he got a sub appearance.

Speedway
10-03-2010, 09:37 AM
He was signed expected to be our number 1 and i don't even think he got a sub appearance.

As I recall, we played against Preston NE and that boy from Celtic put one past him (Simon something).

He got a decent reception at the Hibs end and looked solid enough. Broonie got ours after wing trickery from one Andy McLaren.

SquashedFrogg
10-03-2010, 09:41 AM

I'm sure he played in the festival cup match when we got beat 1 nil?

Andy Maclaren also made an appearance that day IIRC.

Speedway
10-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm sure he played in the festival cup match when we got beat 1 nil?

Andy Maclaren also made an appearance that day IIRC.

That match was longer than a list of things not to like about Lilly Allen.

SquashedFrogg
10-03-2010, 09:59 AM
That match was longer than a list of things not to like about Lilly Allen.

Nothing can be longer than a list of things not to like about Lilly Allen!

Speedway
10-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Nothing can be longer than a list of things not to like about Lilly Allen!

It's hard to believe I know, but if you were at that game, you'd understand.

SquashedFrogg
10-03-2010, 10:26 AM
It's hard to believe I know, but if you were at that game, you'd understand.

I was at that game. It was the one and only time I've enjoyed the hospitality section in the west. Maybe Carlsberg and comfy seats dulled the pain!

Funnily enough I actually walked past Andy Webster on the stair case after the match. I still regret not flinging him down them!

Speedway
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I was at that game. It was the one and only time I've enjoyed the hospitality section in the west. Maybe Carlsberg and comfy seats dulled the pain!

Funnily enough I actually walked past Andy Webster on the stair case after the match. I still regret not flinging him down them!

Webster scored in the first 20 minutes as I recall and we spent the rest of the game huffing and puffing before Nid blasted wide near the end.

Our line up that day.

1 Morten Hyldgaard
2 Gary Smith
3 Yannick Zambernardi
4 Matthias Doumbe
5 Alen Orman
6 Jarkko Wiss (Brebner 64)
7 Ian Murray
8 Stephen Glass (McManus 64)
9 Andy McLaren
10 Scott Brown (O'Connor 45)
11 Stephen Dobbie (Riordan 45)

Bayern Bru
10-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Aye. Don't think he made any 'real' appearances for Hibs but I definitely remember him playing in the Festival Cup.

Clearly wasn't Hibs class.
:cool2:

KWJ
10-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Andy McLaren never actually signed for us did he, just a trialist?

Bayern Bru
10-03-2010, 11:01 AM

Just a trialist, yeah.
I think there were some rumours about Petrie not shelling out for his wages. Hard to believe, eh?
:greengrin

KWJ
10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
IIRC Mort was sold by Coventry because if they played him in 1 more game they were entitled to give his previous club a appearances bonus they couldn't afford.

The fans liked him.

Frogga
10-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Did he not make a mistake for the Jambos' goal in the Festival Cup match? I seem to remember him misjudging a cross or something along those lines?

Still would've liked to see him get a better chance though.

Future17
10-03-2010, 01:59 PM
As I recall, we played against Preston NE and that boy from Celtic put one past him (Simon something).

Lynch?

Bayern Bru
10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Lynch?

Donnelly?
:confused:

AgentDaleCooper
10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
he was an absolute machine on champ man 03/04

magnificent_seven
10-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Talking of keepers, why did we ever sell Daniel Andersson? Considering after he was sold we played Simon Brown, Zibi Malkowski, Andy McNeil and Yves Ma-Kalambay, surely he would still be number one! Might have sealed us a Champions League spot in 2004/2005 season?! :wink:

TRC
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
He wanted to go and I think if memory serves me right we would only offer a year contract and he wanted 2 or 3 like killen.

seanraff07
10-03-2010, 08:21 PM

Yep he was originally at Killie i'm sure, probably retired now.:agree:

HibeeUnderwood
10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Hyldgaard came to my primary school at the start of the 03/04 season along with Derek Riordan, encouraging people to come and watch us at a time where it was Blobbys Hoofball and we had very high debts :devil:

He had set out his aims to become the number 1 keeper but nothing came of it. But considering how hard Andersson was to displace then he clearly felt it was a battle not worth fighting and he moved on :agree:

heidtheba
10-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Yep he was originally at Killie i'm sure, probably retired now.:agree:

I seem to remember something in the papers long after that period that McLaren's wages were paid from Blobby's own salary?

One thing to admire about Williamson IMHO

weedgiehibbie
10-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I remember seeing this guy warm-up along side Jamie McLuskey behind the goals at Rugby Park one time - talk about little and large!! :greengrin

shamo9
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Talking of keepers, why did we ever sell Daniel Andersson? Considering after he was sold we played Simon Brown, Zibi Malkowski, Andy McNeil and Yves Ma-Kalambay, surely he would still be number one! Might have sealed us a Champions League spot in 2004/2005 season?! :wink:

We didn't sell him. His contract was finished so he went back home despite Mowbray attempting to keep him.