PDA

View Full Version : david murphy?

maximushibee
09-03-2010, 11:55 PM
think we should maybe look to get him on loan and get our defence sorted out? not sure if hes injured dont hear much about him anymore.. revive his career back at easter road any thoughts

Billychaotic182
09-03-2010, 11:57 PM
I agree with this but i cant see it happening. But hey i also said Keane would not move to Celtic

Speedy
10-03-2010, 12:38 AM
think we should maybe look to get him on loan and get our defence sorted out? not sure if hes injured dont hear much about him anymore.. revive his career back at easter road any thoughts

How does that sort our defence out? Murray is doing well at left back :confused:

scoopyboy
10-03-2010, 06:45 AM
He has been sub for Birmingham in the last two games and this coupled with the fact that we couldn't get him in until next season means it is a non starter.

Hopefully Callum Booth might be on the verge of the first team come the start of next season.

Speedway
10-03-2010, 02:17 PM
More chance of signing Eddie Murphy.

MacBean
10-03-2010, 02:19 PM

I hear he's taking part in the Longest Day Part Duex? :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
10-03-2010, 02:24 PM
He has been sub for Birmingham in the last two games and this coupled with the fact that we couldn't get him in until next season means it is a non starter.

Hopefully Callum Booth might be on the verge of the first team come the start of next season.

Didn't see him against Pompey at the weekend? Did he get on last night?

Or am I misreading and he was on the bench but didn't get on.

bornahibby
10-03-2010, 02:33 PM
What is the problem with the defence?

After a few admittedly shocking games we have only conceded 2 in three, one a dodgy pen and one when we were down to ten men for most of the game against an on-fire Motherwell.

Speedy
10-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Didn't see him against Pompey at the weekend? Did he get on last night?

Or am I misreading and he was on the bench but didn't get on.

Correct, he had been injured all season and therefore hasn't played but has been on the bench since he came back.

I wouldn't expect him to push into the team anytime soon considering how well Birmingham have been doing defensively but he isn't that far down the 'pecking order' so I think he'd be happy to wait for his chance at the moment.

maximushibee
10-03-2010, 03:56 PM
How does that sort our defence out? Murray is doing well at left back :confused:

put him a left back put murray more into a central role and push bamba to midfield add some height and strenght to the midfield.. just an opinion tbh just though he may be someone to get back..

maximushibee
10-03-2010, 03:59 PM
What is the problem with the defence?

After a few admittedly shocking games we have only conceded 2 in three, one a dodgy pen and one when we were down to ten men for most of the game against an on-fire Motherwell.

you do know our defensive record is now worse than hearts?

Speedy
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
put him a left back put murray more into a central role and push bamba to midfield add some height and strenght to the midfield.. just an opinion tbh just though he may be someone to get back..

The only problem in defence IMO is right back and we'd still be struggling if we get a new left.

Silver Fox
10-03-2010, 05:49 PM
be good if we could but can't see it. :agree:

jgl07
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Is that the fat Eddie Murphy?

GloryGlory
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
be good if we could but can't see it. :agree:

:agree: Would be good, but if Brum were to let him go I would imagine he will have plenty options from Championship clubs, if not bottom half EPL teams.

Still, we said that about Stokesy and Liam Miller!!!!

scoopyboy
10-03-2010, 07:29 PM

I take it you realise that we cannot get Murphy on loan until next season, by that time Bamba will be gone.

Back to the drawing board Maximus.

seanraff07
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
It would be brilliant to get Murphy back but we could do more with signing a RB instead.

HibeeUnderwood
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
It would be brilliant to get Murphy back but we could do more with signing a RB instead.

Agreed :agree:

Left side we are fine. Murray, Hanlon, Stevenson and now Booth can all play in that position so it doesn't need strengthened.

Right back however is a different story, McCormack and Wotherspoon can both play there but its not their natural position, McCann is the only player who's natural position is right back, but he seems to spend half his time in the physio room.

We missed out on a player who could do a good job there in Barr, so we'd have to try and pick out someone else who can play there who can do a job :agree:

Anyone got any ideas?

seanraff07
10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Agreed :agree:

Left side we are fine. Murray, Hanlon, Stevenson and now Booth can all play in that position so it doesn't need strengthened.

Right back however is a different story, McCormack and Wotherspoon can both play there but its not their natural position, McCann is the only player who's natural position is right back, but he seems to spend half his time in the physio room.

We missed out on a player who could do a good job there in Barr, so we'd have to try and pick out someone else who can play there who can do a job :agree:

Anyone got any ideas?

Ricky Foster would be a good signing IMO, got a lot of pace aswell.:agree: