PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday V Ross County

Judas Iscariot
09-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Not seen it posted elsewhere so here goes..

Stack

Wotherspoon Bamba Hanlon Murray

Zemamma McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

18Craig75
09-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

Miller McBride Rankin

Benji Riordan

Stokes

Ed De Gramo
09-03-2010, 11:05 PM

Stack

Stokes Riordan

Throw in Hoggy ahead of Sol "Bombscare at CH, Genius at DM" Bamba and it looks decent

Pretty Boy
09-03-2010, 11:06 PM
...........................Stack.................. ...

Wotherspoon....Hogg......Hanlon......Murray

Zemmama....McBride.....Miller.......Riordan

................Nish.....................

..........................Stokes.............

Not neccesarily what i would pick but what i think we'll see.

HibeeMcGinn1
09-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Id start deek upfront without a doubt

500miles
09-03-2010, 11:11 PM
.........................Stack
....Wotherspoon.Hogg.Hanlon.Murray
.......................McBride
...........Miller....................Rankin
.................Nish...........Riordan
........................Stokes

Wotherspiniesta
09-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Stack

Galbraith Miller McBride Riordan

Stokes Benji

:thumbsup: Attack Attack Attack:thumbsup:

Lmc2105
09-03-2010, 11:37 PM
People might disagree here but i think we are just waiting to give a team a bit of a hiding to nothing and a think that could be saturday.

Yogi takes this very seriously and a don't think he will back down on his team either we will attack straight from the off and give ross county no time to play as they are quite good passing the ball around

stack
weatherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

Zemamma Miller Mcbride Galbraith

Riordan Stokes

we play down the wings we willl beat them for great pace and a think thats where we can be effective :thumbsup:

Toaods
09-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Stack

McCann Hogg Hanlon Murray

Zemmama McBride Rankin Galbraith

Nish Benji

that team should be able to beat Ross County at ER in thheir own right but, with County having played tonight we can use the crappy surface ta ER to kill their legs from the off then bring three from Stokes, Deek, Miller, or Lewis when there's loads of space.

We don't have to win the tie in the first 30 minutes, we should work them hard and makes opportunities for the others to come on and finish it.

M8UDB
10-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Stack

McCann Hogg Hanlon Murray

Zemmama McBride Rankin Galbraith

Nish Benji

that team should be able to beat Ross County at ER in thheir own right but, with County having played tonight we can use the crappy surface ta ER to kill their legs from the off then bring three from Stokes, Deek, Miller, or Lewis when there's loads of space.

We don't have to win the tie in the first 30 minutes, we should work them hard and makes opportunities for the others to come on and finish it.

Naaaaaa :tsk tsk: Go for it from the start and put a good few past them, wouldnt mind seeing at least 4 goals but cant realy see it happning to be honest. I'de go for

Stack

Zemmama Miller Mcbride Galbraith

Deek Stokes

Toaods
10-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Naaaaaa :tsk tsk: Go for it from the start and put a good few past them, wouldnt mind seeing at least 4 goals but cant realy see it happning to be honest.

see..cup footballs a bit like picking a greyhound in a race...you either like the trapper or the strong finisher. Ever noticed how often the OF finish strongly. Didn't see Rooney starting v Villa mind you...:cool2:

hiblander
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Naaaaaa :tsk tsk: Go for it from the start and put a good few past them, wouldnt mind seeing at least 4 goals but cant realy see it happning to be honest. I'de go for

Stack

Zemmama Miller Mcbride Galbraith

Deek Stokes

I think it should be a good game with my 'wee' team playing my 'big' team for the first time, but to suggest County will succumb to 4 goals is a bit of a joke pal!
Never under rate the unknown !

LamontHFC©
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
....................Stack
....................Bamba
.............Miller..........McBride
.................... Benji
..............Stokes.....Riordan

Danderhall Hibs
10-03-2010, 08:31 AM

Stack

Stokes Riordan

I doubt Hogg will be dropped and I don't know if McCann's fit but....

Stack

McCann Bamba Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

I thought Benji done quite well on Saturday and would be tempted to go with him up front and drop Riordan back to midfield, but I don't think we see the best of Riordan in LM.

hiblander
10-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Rankin is a former County player sure the Staggies fans will give him pelters which might elevate him to the form of his life !!!

M8UDB
10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I think it should be a good game with my 'wee' team playing my 'big' team for the first time, but to suggest County will succumb to 4 goals is a bit of a joke pal!
Never under rate the unknown !

I said i would like to see at least 4 goals but cant see it happning, pal!!

18Craig75
10-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm eager to see McCann back in the team but I think it would do the lad more harm than good the way the pitches are at the moment? He was maybe rushed back a wee bit too quick at the beginning of the season and look how far it has set him back. Perhaps he should just write this season off as well and get a good pre-season under his belt and hopefully he'd be ready and raring to go for next season.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
stack gk
wotherspoon rb
bamba rc
hanlon lc
murray lb
zemamma rm
mcbride cm
miller cm
rankin lm
stokes rf
riordan lf

4-4-2.

Hibstrooper
10-03-2010, 12:24 PM
We're not going to see any major changes in team or shape given the importance of the game.

I think it will be the same team that started against Killie with either Nish or Benji in for Gow - probably Nish given the pitch. It will be Bamba & Hogg at the back unless Bamba is still carrying a knock.

We need to find a settled team again anyway - all this chopping and changing has coincided with the poor results.

Judas Iscariot
10-03-2010, 12:39 PM
We're not going to see any major changes in team or shape given the importance of the game.

I think it will be the same team that started against Killie with either Nish or Benji in for Gow - probably Nish given the pitch. It will be Bamba & Hogg at the back unless Bamba is still carrying a knock.

We need to find a settled team again anyway - all this chopping and changing has coincided with the poor results.

If this is the case then we'll struggle as Ross County, like nearly all visiting teams to ER, will pack the midfield and try to stifle us to death..

We don't seem to have a Plan B to counteract against this..

Tollhouse Hibee
10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
For me the team needs to be full strength, or as full strength as we can get

Smith (purely cos i cant work out why he was dropped)

Miller McBride Bamba Galbraith

Nish Stokes

We need some width in our games to start to create more chances, and less time trying to thread passes thru the eye of teams defences.

Bench

Benji
Zouma
Stack
Thicot
Riordan

and if we cant beat a first division team, then kiss 3rd place and europe goodbye.

Speedway
10-03-2010, 02:22 PM
stack gk
wotherspoon rb
bamba rc
hanlon lc
murray lb
zemamma rm
mcbride cm
miller cm
rankin lm
stokes rf
riordan lf

4-4-2.

Seriously, G?

Nah. We need to go.

Stakalamby

Thicot
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zoumer
McBride
Miller
Gow (if not fit then)Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

With 30 to go, throw Wothers on for Thicot and run them ragged to their left side.

MyJo
10-03-2010, 02:51 PM
_______________Stack

spoony____bamba____hanlon____murray

zemmama___mcbride___miller___galbraith

__________benji____stokes

Pretty Boy
10-03-2010, 03:42 PM
For me the team needs to be full strength, or as full strength as we can get

Smith (purely cos i cant work out why he was dropped)

Miller McBride Bamba Galbraith

Nish Stokes

We need some width in our games to start to create more chances, and less time trying to thread passes thru the eye of teams defences.

Bench

Benji
Zouma
Stack
Thicot
Riordan

and if we cant beat a first division team, then kiss 3rd place and europe goodbye.

The fact is he was dropped though and since coming back in Stack has been his usual solid self. Surely changing the keeper again just because you can't work out why Smith was dropped would be counter productive?

Personally i think the defence has looked far more solid with Stack back in goals. No disrespect to Smith who did a decent job but for me Stack is Yogis number 1 and for the moment that's the right choice.