PDA

View Full Version : Surefire way to ensure a sell out on Saturday???

MCameron
09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
All it needs is for Hibs to come out before the game and confirm that those who attend (ie ST holders or those who retain their match ticket) will be guaranteed at least one ticket for Semi-final and Final.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

Future17
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
All it needs is for Hibs to come out before the game and confirm that those who attend (ie ST holders or those who retain their match ticket) will be guaranteed at least one ticket for Semi-final and Final.

Sure fire way to jinx it and make sure we lose. :wink:

3pm
09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Aye, and if you go to the SC final, you get first shot at the tickets for the UEFA cup final next year. :agree:

Removed
09-03-2010, 01:07 PM

As a ST holder the least I expect is a guaranteed semi & final ticket should we get there. ST have always, and should, get preference imo.

Agree though for non ST holders that it would be a good incentive for those who are swithering about going on Saturday.

1875 NO 1
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM

There will be plenty spare tickets for the semis at hampden. If we get through and play any of the old firm, it will be on TV and if need it we will get 25k ticks. We wont even take 15k

iwasthere1972
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM

IIRC Liverpool advertised tickets for a cup game that never took place for the simple fact that they hadn't taken into consideration that Reading would pump them in the previous round.

We take nothing for granted.....especially when it comes to that cup. :wink:

IWasThere2016
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
As a ST holder the least I expect is a guaranteed semi & final ticket should we get there. ST have always, and should, get preference imo. Agree though for non ST holders that it would be a good incentive for those who are swithering about going on Saturday.

Never had a ST but agree 100% - ST holders should be top of the pile. No question. :agree:

I agree with OP - good incentive for walk-ups also.

iwasthere1972
09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Never had a ST but agree 100% - ST holders should be top of the pile. No question. :agree:

I agree with OP - good incentive for walk-ups also.

Some folk only attended a league match in March 2006 against Dundee United (freezing day as well but we won 3-1 :thumbsup:) at Easter Road as it guaranteed them a match ticket for our semi-final against the Yams. If we do get through to the next round then I think Hibs should go back down that route.

ST or no ST I will get a ticket. :greengrin

Golden Bear
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM

"In the event of us winning on Saturday" would have been a better way of stating the case.

IMO a win on Saturday is by no means a certainty and I'm sure Yogi will ensure that this message is hammered through to the players.

Joe Baker II
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
"In the event of us winning on Saturday" would have been a better way of stating the case.

IMO a win on Saturday is by no means a certainty and I'm sure Yogi will ensure that this message is hammered through to the players.

Agreed, no problem with such an incentive so long as wording not sounding over-confident. Sounds like common sense though so assume will not be happening.

Bristolhibby
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
This makes sense for the Semi Finals, however Don’t agree that a ticket stub for Saturday should get you a Final ticket.

If that was the case I would buy a ticket, and get it sent to my cousin, so (hope, hope) I could get a final ticket. Would not go to the game. As it is, if we get to the semis, no chance Hampden will sell out, tickets for all.

A potential Final against the OF would be a sell out, but as precedence has been set (2000 cup final) I would expect us to get 50% of the allocation, then me to spend a morning on the telephone to get a ticket. (Like getting a CIS cup ticket).

J

K.Marx
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Pretty sure they did something similair a few years back, that is giving folk who had semi final tickets priority for the final (after s/t holders of course). Dont think they incorporated quarter final tickets into it aswell though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-03-2010, 03:43 PM

That was my thoughts for both the IM and the Montrose games.

Rory89
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
They did this for a league game against Dundee United a few years back, iirc it worked as the game was pretty much a sell-out. I remember Dundee United had an unusually large following in neutral colours that day. :wink:

The reality is though season ticket holders are guarenteed tickets for semi-finals or finals anyway if they are prepared.

hibbybob
09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Why choose the Ross County game for this "incentive"

RC get half the gate money so it would make sense to introduce such an incentive at one or more of our remaining league games when we keep all the gate receipts.

That way we wouldn't look stupid in the event of us losing to Ross Co and we'd benefit financially and vocally from larger attendances at our home league game(s)

Still think we're jumping the gun here - let's get to the final before worrying about this!

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2010, 05:17 PM
The incentive for the walk-ups is the membership scheme no? Reduced £45 with "preference" treatment for cup games, discounts for kit, free access to HibsTV til end of season and a choice of ticket to a selection of CAT A games?

Archie89
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
A sure fire way to do Derek Adams' team talk for him do you mean?

I remember going to Parkhead one midweek for a cup tie and Celtic were handing out leaflets with information for celtic fans on how to get tickets for the next round (think it was the 90's, someone will keep me right). Wound me up something rotten.

lucky
09-03-2010, 05:47 PM
It would only work if the semi was not at Hampden. We will not sell out a semi against the old firm. We did not sell out against the manky mob across the road. We will take max 12000 to hampen against anyone in a semi which is on TV. Not convinced we would 25000 in a final aginst the old firm

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
As a ST holder the least I expect is a guaranteed semi & final ticket should we get there. ST have always, and should, get preference imo.

Agree though for non ST holders that it would be a good incentive for those who are swithering about going on Saturday.

Couldn't disagree more. There are non ST holders -for any reason= not enough money or not enough time- but do follow from the beggining of the specified competition. Whereas some season ticket holder- note the use of the word SOME- either cant be bothered going to the early stages, or cant get to them, -and i know people who wont go to the early stages but will want the later stage tickets ~who are season ticket holders~; therefore the people who follow the tem from the beggining all the way to the end in any competition should be allowed a ticket before anyone else, imo of course

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Couldn't disagree more. There are non ST holders -for any reason= not enough money or not enough time- but do follow from the beggining of the specified competition. Whereas some season ticket holder- note the use of the word SOME- either cant be bothered going to the early stages, or cant get to them, -and i know people who wont go to the early stages but will want the later stages ~who are season ticket holders~; therefore the people who follow the tem from the beggining all the way to the end in any competition should be allowed a ticket before anyone else, imo of course

Membership (perhaps a tiered arrangement) could be the way to go everytime you purchase or attend its noted on the system (the infamous database!).

Trust me and I'm sure Blackpool will love this idea he just loves that database :greengrin:grr:

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Membership (perhaps a tiered arrangement) could be the way to go everytime you purchase or attend its noted on the system (the infamous database!).

Trust me and I'm sure Blackpool will love this idea he just loves that database :greengrin:grr:
This would be great but it may cost the tache, meaning no chance - keeping staff on in the office to make the new system up:greengrin

Don Giovanni
09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Why choose the Ross County game for this "incentive"

RC get half the gate money so it would make sense to introduce such an incentive at one or more of our remaining league games when we keep all the gate receipts.

That way we wouldn't look stupid in the event of us losing to Ross Co and we'd benefit financially and vocally from larger attendances at our home league game(s)

Still think we're jumping the gun here - let's get to the final before worrying about this!

:agree

Top post

iwasthere1972
09-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Some folk only attended a league match in March 2006 against Dundee United (freezing day as well but we won 3-1 :thumbsup:) at Easter Road as it guaranteed them a match ticket for our semi-final against the Yams. If we do get through to the next round then I think Hibs should go back down that route.

ST or no ST I will get a ticket. :greengrin

They did this for a league game against Dundee United a few years back, iirc it worked as the game was pretty much a sell-out. I remember Dundee United had an unusually large following in neutral colours that day. :wink:

The reality is though season ticket holders are guarenteed tickets for semi-finals or finals anyway if they are prepared.

:agree: I was in the South Stand that afternoon and there were crowds outside even as we were kicking off. Some folk just turned up, paid their money and didn't even bother to come in and watch the game. :grr: Attendance that day was 16,266. Can't argue with that.

Goodwillie scored to make it 3-1. Think he was the youngest SPL scorer at that time.

If we get through at the weekend then it would be a great idea for Hibs to do the same incentive when Dundee United visit us on the 24th March. Hopefully we can get another 3-1. :agree:

KWJ
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
we should be selling this game out anyway.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Not convinced we would 25000 in a final aginst the old firm

Why?

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
:agree: I was in the South Stand that afternoon and there were crowds outside even as we were kicking off. Some folk just turned up, paid their money and didn't even bother to come in and watch the game. :grr: Attendance that day was 16,266. Can't argue with that.

Goodwillie scored to make it 3-1. Think he was the youngest SPL scorer at that time.

If we get through at the weekend then it would be a great idea for Hibs to do the same incentive when Dundee United visit us on the 24th March. Hopefully we can get another 3-1. :agree:

Ironically, about the same number that bothered their ***** to go thru to hampden for the semi :rolleyes:

.Sean.
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
There will be plenty spare tickets for the semis at hampden. If we get through and play any of the old firm, it will be on TV and if need it we will get 25k ticks. We wont even take 15k
That's the one thing that really, really pisses me off. If they can't be arsed turning up to the semi as it's on the tele, stay away from the final please if we're there as that's also on the tele. I'd much rather take the 15000 who follow Hibs every chance they can rather than take that 15000 and an extra 10000 who are turning up purely because it's a final.

I mean, 35000 against Livi in '04... :rolleyes: Where are the missing 15-20000 now?

Albanian Hibs
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
It would only work if the semi was not at Hampden. We will not sell out a semi against the old firm. We did not sell out against the manky mob across the road. We will take max 12000 to hampen against anyone in a semi which is on TV. Not convinced we would 25000 in a final aginst the old firm

Eh? Why? :confused:

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Couldn't disagree more. There are non ST holders -for any reason= not enough money or not enough time- but do follow from the beggining of the specified competition. Whereas some season ticket holder- note the use of the word SOME- either cant be bothered going to the early stages, or cant get to them, -and i know people who wont go to the early stages but will want the later stage tickets ~who are season ticket holders~; therefore the people who follow the tem from the beggining all the way to the end in any competition should be allowed a ticket before anyone else, imo of course

Ok then, first dibs for ST holders with cup top ups :greengrin

The rest of them can gtf :agree: Glory hunting bassas

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Not convinced we would 25000 in a final aginst the old firm

Tickets or fans?

It would have to be a 50/50 split and I'm sure we would sell them for a final.

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:22 PM

I dont have one - every time i buy one we are away .... so i've spent about forty pounds going throught the stages

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Tickets or fans?

It would have to be a 50/50 split and I'm sure we would sell them for a final.
You'd hope so, thats when we need the glory hunters:greengrin

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I dont have one - every time i buy one we are away .... so i've spent about forty pounds going throught the stages

So no ST, no top up, bet you leave early as well :greengrin

.Sean.
09-03-2010, 08:26 PM

Aye, okay then. Me and my mates, season-ticket holders without a top-up who have still attended all cup games and have missed about 5 away games between us in 3 years shouldn't get first dibs on a final ticket as we don't have a top-up? Tosh.

But as for our glory hunters I agree with you on that...

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:28 PM
So no ST, no top up, bet you leave early as well :greengrin
FF lower:greengrin
If theres anything i hate more then i hate it to an extreme i'd nuke the thing .... hearts

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Aye, okay then. Me and my mates, season-ticket holders without a top-up who have still attended all cup games and have missed about 5 away games between us in 3 years shouldn't get first dibs on a final ticket as we don't have a top-up? Tosh.

But as for our glory hunters I agree with you on that...

I was only responding to SeanDuff :greengrin

Problem is there is no way or recording who goes to the most games and justifies a ticket first because not all purchases are recorded with the amount of PATG games.

Club are on a hiding to nothing no matter what imo. How many people though that wanted a ticket for the CIS final didn't actually get one. I don't know any.

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Problem is there is no way or recording who goes to the most games and justifies a ticket first because not all purchases are recorded with the amount of PATG games.

Club are on a hiding to nothing no matter what imo. How many people though that wanted a ticket for the CIS final didn't actually get one. I don't know any.
Mess with one you mess with us all....:wink:
Respond to my answer

iwasthere1972
09-03-2010, 08:39 PM

I would go as far as allowing all season ticket holders 3 tickets each. Cuts out all the faffing about with a public sale and guarantees that we sell our allocation. That's of course if we get past Ross County.

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
FF lower:greengrin

:thumbsup:

So why are you moaning in post #19 then :confused: You'd get one :greengrin

I would expect a guaranteed ticket for buying a ST. That's the precedent. Not my problem if other folk don't have a ST. Same rules for Ibrox & PBS tickets.

Also would be the perfect excuse not to have to buy a ticket for the wife because I couldn't :cool2:

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
:thumbsup:

So why are you moaning in post #19 then :confused: You'd get one :greengrin

I would expect a guaranteed ticket for buying a ST. That's the precedent. Not my problem if other folk don't have a ST. Same rules for Ibrox & PBS tickets.

Also would be the perfect excuse not to have to buy a ticket for the wife because I couldn't :cool2:
Because i feel that if you can only follow in one (or both for folk with top ups or-like us(me and sean) -just patg) and do so all the way then you should be offered a ticket before the others that dont , the order would go - the folk who have followed all the way season or non season ticket holders, then st holders then public sale

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM

IMO club should operate a loyalty scheme to overcome such scenarios.

ST + Cup Top Up gets loadsa points
ST gets a good number of points
Cat B ST get a healthy number of points

then the rest of us plebs (myself included) get small number of points per ticket purchased. This would also encourage people to buy their tickets in advance online and via the phone too, and boost league ticket sales if something like availability of cup tickets were on the line.

Not a system to punish anyone per se, but just a system to ensure that those who have supported the team through thick and thin throughout a season get first dibs on tickets, then any other tickets are then released to those who've not been too much (or at all).

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Because i feel that if you can only follow in one (or both for folk with top ups or-like us(me and sean) -just patg) and do so all the way then you should be offered a ticket before the others that dont , the order would go - the folk who have followed all the way season or non season ticket holders, then st holders then public sale

I don't disagree with you but how would you propose to administer that?

Malthibby
09-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Just bought 5 tickets for the County game, & the only place which was not sold out or had 'limited seating' was Area 25, a wee square up in the far corner of the top tier on the East Stand side.
I know there will be a goodly number of 'limited seats' scattered about the place, but i suspect we may be closer to a sell-out than some (including myself) did at the weekend.
GG

iwasthere1972
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Just bought 5 tickets for the County game, & the only place which was not sold out or had 'limited seating' was Area 25, a wee square up in the far corner of the top tier on the East Stand side.
I know there will be a goodly number of 'limited seats' scattered about the place, but i suspect we may be closer to a sell-out than some (including myself) did at the weekend.
GG

:grr: There's four of us turning up at Easter Road at 1.55pm on Saturday hoping to PATG.

May think about getting tickets now.

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM

ST + Cup Top Up and the ones that follow from the beggining (in sc and cis)imo of coursegets loadsa points

then the rest of us plebs (myself included) get small number of points per ticket purchased. This would also encourage people to buy their tickets in advance online and via the phone too, and boost league ticket sales if something like availability of cup tickets were on the line.

Not a system to punish anyone per se, but just a system to ensure that those who have supported the team through thick and thin throughout a season get first dibs on tickets, then any other tickets are then released to those who've not been too much (or at all).
I

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
GG

If you were trying to buy 5 together then I am not surprised - you'll never get that in the FF or West. As the reigning guess the crowd champion :wink: then I really can't see many more than 11K.

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
:grr: There's four of us turning up at Easter Road at 1.55pm on Saturday hoping to PATG.

May think about getting tickets now.
snap , just realised the reality of the situation

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Aye good idea cos the stay at home brigade will all become diehards again if a final is looming as per usual.

iwasthere1972
09-03-2010, 09:33 PM
My brother said that should we reach the semi final and final then he should one of the first in line for a ticket. Be it pashing down with rain, snowing or gale force winds he without fails walks down to his local newsagent to read about his beloved Hibs in the newspaper. :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2010, 09:36 PM

But thats only 3 games to reach a semi-final!?!! Im not convinced that potentially only goin to three games all season justifies you getting a ticket for a semi-final. Also if one, two or even all 3 of those games are away from home at grounds where its PATG there is absolutely no way of recording who's been there. Like it or not, ST holders who stump up cash at the start of the season should be given priority when it comes to big games.

.Sean.
09-03-2010, 09:46 PM
If, and I do mean IF (a big gigantic humungous IF :greengrin) we do get to the final, an idea for non ST holders to guarunteed a ticket would be if they attend the 3 probable home games after the split (Rangers, Hearts and Well?), and show the stubs at the ticket office when trying to purchase a ticket for the final. That could work.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2010, 09:57 PM
If, and I do mean IF (a big gigantic humungous IF :greengrin) we do get to the final, an idea for non ST holders to guarunteed a ticket would be if they attend the 3 probable home games after the split (Rangers, Hearts and Well?), and show the stubs at the ticket office when trying to purchase a ticket for the final. That could work.

Only if the club come out beforehand and say it will work i would guess.

.Sean.
09-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Only if the club come out beforehand and say it will work i would guess.
:rolleyes: There's always one.

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 11:18 PM
But thats only 3 games to reach a semi-final!?!! Im not convinced that potentially only goin to three games all season justifies you getting a ticket for a semi-final. Also if one, two or even all 3 of those games are away from home at grounds where its PATG there is absolutely no way of recording who's been there. Like it or not, ST holders who stump up cash at the start of the season should be given priority when it comes to big games.

However the three games you've attended are the ones in which lead up to the semi final, therefore you've backed the club in that competition more than others, so you should be given priority to tickets over the non attenders.
Surely if it we implemented this system hibenian would ensure that they themself sold the tickets then passed the profits on to be split , so in fact they did have a record

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2010, 10:19 AM

ST + Cup Top Up gets loadsa points

cant agree with points for Cup top up Tix as youre already getting a discount for buying the top up,not right that it entitles you to extra points aswell.
I think ST,s should definitely get priority and IF we make it to final,everyone who goes to semi gets a ticket,if a ST goes to a semi he should only be entitled to 1 final ticket and not 2.Spread the tickets.

millarco
10-03-2010, 10:31 AM

The last home game would potentially be only a week before the final, leaving very little time for a priority sale and a subsequent public sale if necessary. There's always a panic over these kind of situations, but I rarely hear of someone who misses out on a ticket.

I do like the idea of loyalty points like The Todd suggested. I know some teams run a similar system, where the small games are worth more points than the big ones. So you would get say 5 points for going to Hibs vrs Hamilton, and 1 point for Hibs vrs Hearts. Might have potential, but again there'll be problems to sort. We'll probably lose on Saturday and there won't be an issue.

lucky
10-03-2010, 10:43 AM
The reason I stated we wont 25000 to a semi against the old firm is obvious to me , as we have not taken 25000 to a semi for years. Dunfermline twice, Rangers in the league cup, Airdrie league cup and the Yams. So based on recent history we wont take 25000 to a semi which will be live on TV. FFS we are just getting over 10000 for some home league games.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
The reason I stated we wont 25000 to a semi against the old firm is obvious to me , as we have not taken 25000 to a semi for years. Dunfermline twice, Rangers in the league cup, Airdrie league cup and the Yams. So based on recent history we wont take 25000 to a semi which will be live on TV. FFS we are just getting over 10000 for some home league games.

I would agree with that, but it's not what you said. In your original post you omitted the word 'semi', I now presume that was a mistake.

MCameron
11-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Didn't think I had to spell out that tbh. I've been watching Hibs for too many years to accept any result is a given and certainly wouldn't want to be disrespectful to Ross County.

I also agree that ST holders should get first dibs on tickets.

What I was trying to point out was a way that FC could almost certainly guarantee a sell out this weekend if they made a comitment this week to supply walk up fans with access to tickets before any public sale (should we advance to the next rounds).

The_Todd
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
cant agree with points for Cup top up Tix as youre already getting a discount for buying the top up,not right that it entitles you to extra points aswell.
I think ST,s should definitely get priority and IF we make it to final,everyone who goes to semi gets a ticket,if a ST goes to a semi he should only be entitled to 1 final ticket and not 2.Spread the tickets.

There's no perfect way of doing it, but I think a system which rewards people who have attended matches throughout the whole season rather than just the quarter final would be more fair.

But yes, guaranteeing fans a semi ticket if they attend the quarter final (and if we even make the semis) should do something to help the attendance.

If we don't make the semis then maybe it should be subsituted with a free ticket for the first round we enter the CIS cup at next season. Just as a wee "thank you".

scoopyboy
11-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Not directly related to the thread but we will only have two home games post split.

In all probability we will be going to Motherwell for a third time.

Alex Trager
13-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Hurrendous support from us today, thought the south stand were all the east standers go was poor and the gaps in the ff were tremendous.Whats the point in having a cup top up if you dont go- the reason i know they had a top up is i tried to get seats in thee and was told there were no two seats together- were my eyes deceiving me as i seen loads of double seats