PDA

View Full Version : Where to have a beer before the Derby?

Hibrandenburg
09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Coming over with a few German lads for the derby and would like to take them back in one piece. Where's the best place for a pint before/after the game?

munchar
09-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Coming over with a few German lads for the derby and would like to take them back in one piece. Where's the best place for a pint before/after the game?

Hibs fans are allocated The Roseburn bar BEFORE games at tynecastle. The atmosphere there is amazing. You have to be there early though, as it gets very busy. It is only a few minutes walk from the stadium.

Afterwards, take the lads down the grassmarket for a pub crawl, where you can visit the famous "Pubic Triangle". (no football colours though).

Hope you enjoy the game, you will definately enjoy the rest!

HibbyScott
09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Or for a slightly quieter pint (wanting them back in one piece) my mates and I will probably be at The Murrayfield Hotel. Not too far from the ground, slightly less packed in while still being busy and having a good atmosphere

lyonhibs
09-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Or for a slightly quieter pint (wanting them back in one piece) my mates and I will probably be at The Murrayfield Hotel. Not too far from the ground, slightly less packed in while still being busy and having a good atmosphere

:agree: :agree:

You're also liable to get in after 9am without being a contortionist :greengrin

K.Marx
09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Roseburns a cracking atmosphere but you need to be there very early doors...last time we got there for 8.45 for it opening at 9 but didn't end up getting in till well after 10. Gonna be at the door with a carryout for 8 this time :greengrin

lyonhibs
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Roseburns a cracking atmosphere but you need to be there very early doors...last time we got there for 8.45 for it opening at 9 but didn't end up getting in till well after 10. Gonna be at the door with a carryout for 8 this time :greengrin

I think, in medical circles, that's known as "a problem" :greengrin :greengrin

K.Marx
09-03-2010, 10:39 AM
[/B]

I think, in medical circles, that's known as "a problem" :greengrin :greengrin

the problem will be actually making it to the game :greengrin

IanM
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Jocks Lodge?

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Easter Road. Throw back an infeasible amount of pints and nips augmented by lines of industrial strength cocaine. Then drive through town in a souped-up armoured tank with flame throwers attached and head down Gorgie Road crushing everything maroon in your path. Smash the asbestos stand to pieces by running straight through it. Let go a couple of big shells into the Wheatfield, then get the machine guns trained. After about twenty minutes carnage, emerge into a cheering Roseburn Stand and a heroes welcome.

That's what I call derby preparations.

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Was in here for the last derby , it is normally the overspill from the roseburn when they eventually realise its here they come along and it gets pretty buzzin

GlesgaeHibby
09-03-2010, 11:43 AM

I don't intend to be in any state to be drinking at 9am on the saturday morning as I plan to get drunk the night before!

lyonhibs
09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't intend to be in any state to be drinking at 9am on the saturday morning as I plan to get drunk the night before!

Where might you be drinking the night before - hair of the dog son, hair of the dog!!!

Alex Trager
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Where might you be drinking the night before - hair of the dog son, hair of the dog!!!
this

Wembley67
09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Easter Road. Throw back an infeasible amount of pints and nips augmented by lines of industrial strength cocaine. Then drive through town in a souped-up armoured tank with flame throwers attached and head down Gorgie Road crushing everything maroon in your path. Smash the asbestos stand to pieces by running straight through it. Let go a couple of big shells into the Wheatfield, then get the machine guns trained. After about twenty minutes carnage, emerge into a cheering Roseburn Stand and a heroes welcome.

Liking the way you roll :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
09-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Think you misinterpreted what I'm trying to arrange for these guys. Mowing down social outcasts in their ghettos from the tower of a Tiger would be a bit of a busman's holiday for them.

Isn't there a nice local bar where I can take them to witness local traditions such as the famous "Scottish pavement dance" or native games like "pin the glass on the numpty."

Obviously we don't want to stand out from the crowd and have arranged appropriate disguises to help us blend in with the locals:

1. Bowler hat and pinstripe suit.

2. See you Jimmy hats and the full 45 regalia.

3. Morris dancer outfit complete with bells.

4. For the ladies stick on misspellt tattoos, black eye make-up and fat suits.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Baker II
09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Thomsons and Carters in Morrison Street decent alternatives, will not be hard core Hibs as such but fine and probably not too busy. Golden Rule a mainly Hearts bar in Polwarth (Yeamen Place I think) but welcomes away fans too and good boozer.

.Sean.
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM

Can i come with you Bob?

NOLA
09-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Jocks Lodge?

Aye good one.............. if you like getting shot in the face, Petrie:grr: