PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Cool_Hand_Luke
08-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Disappointed they never showed Wotherspoons nice bit of skill down on the Killie goal line :grr:

Would have liked to have seen that again :agree:

Billy McKirdy
09-03-2010, 12:50 AM
I watched that pish tonight too. only just over 2 minutes of highlights, (but almost 5 minutes online and still no Wotherspoon magic for us to enjoy). they do it to us almost everyweek dont they?
the sooner we get a decent highlights package covering top flight football in this country the better....I wont hold my breath though :rolleyes:

Nando™
09-03-2010, 12:52 AM
The longer our more talented youngsters are hidden the better :cool2:

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Sportscene is utter baws and I don't know why I bother staying up to watch it. Why can't we go back to a proper time on Saturday evening with proper extended highlights and proper analysis?

Or is this all BBC Scotland can come up with?

Joy Zipper
09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I watched the online highlights. What a joke. In the second half they showed two Kilmarnock highlights which weren't highlights at all. One was a cross which was cut out by the defender for a corner !

Probably something to do with the BBC's crazy equality policies stating that they have to show some highlights from both teams. Grrr.

I'm off my soapbox now !

Hibby Bairn
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Not in keeping with the Scottish game.

AllyF
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Sportscene is utter baws and I don't know why I bother staying up to watch it. Why can't we go back to a proper time on Saturday evening with proper extended highlights and proper analysis?

Sportscene is clearly made on a budget of £1.50 per episode.

GlesgaeHibby
09-03-2010, 10:29 AM

Extended highlights of the SPL Vs MOTD?

Would you really want to watch extended highlights of St Mirren Vs Hamilton?

Geo_1875
09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
I watched the online highlights. What a joke. In the second half they showed two Kilmarnock highlights which weren't highlights at all. One was a cross which was cut out by the defender for a corner !

Probably something to do with the BBC's crazy equality policies stating that they have to show some highlights from both teams. Grrr.

I'm off my soapbox now !

Unless the OF are involved!!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Why don't we all email the BBC and complain?, I do it every week and always ask then why they show so much of the in-firm and pay little attention to other SPL teams, they never answer probably due to the fact that they don't know any other teams outside the ugly sisters, keep rattling their email boxes!

Hainan Hibs
09-03-2010, 11:00 AM

Would you really want to watch Gary Lineker and co? Possibly the biggest set of twats grouped together? Extended highlights of 4-5-1 dross?

Oh wait, I forgot it's .net

The EPL is well gid ken? SPL is crap.

GlesgaeHibby
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Would you really want to watch Gary Lineker and co? Possibly the biggest set of twats grouped together? Extended highlights of 4-5-1 dross?

Oh wait, I forgot it's .net

The EPL is well gid ken? SPL is crap.

Gary Linekar is still 10x better than Dougie 'Tupee' Donnelly.

There can be some good games in the SPL, but being completely honest I'd rather watch highlights of the EPL, as most weeks the SPL serves up utter dross games. Take Aberdeen Vs Hearts last week. It was absolutely murder.

bawheid
09-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Gary Linekar is still 10x better than Dougie 'Tupee' Donnelly.

There can be some good games in the SPL, but being completely honest I'd rather watch highlights of the EPL, as most weeks the SPL serves up utter dross games. Take Aberdeen Vs Hearts last week. It was absolutely murder.

Back in the day, Sportscene: Match of the Day was quality.

You got good extended highlights of the game of the day plus slightly more brief highlights of the rest of the games in the Premier League (as it was then). You then got Premiership highlights from England. The programme was on for hours as I recall!

Also the game of the day wasn't always Dundee v Rangers, or Celtic v St Mirren. I remember extended highlights of Hibs v Motherwell, Hibs v Aberdeen. The Edinburgh derby was given proper recognition too.

It was a good programme, even if it was often presented by Dougie Donnelly.

fiolex1
09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Bring back Hibs TV, really liked the 1/2 hr programme on Sky

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 11:52 AM

And do I really want extended highlights of Wolves v Hull? Not really, at least St Mirren v Hamilton has more relevance to me as a Hibs fan.

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I watched that pish tonight too. only just over 2 minutes of highlights, (but almost 5 minutes online and still no Wotherspoon magic for us to enjoy). they do it to us almost everyweek dont they?
the sooner we get a decent highlights package covering top flight football in this country the better....I wont hold my breath though :rolleyes:

They didn't even show Stokes disallowed goal, i think they definitely have something against showing our disallowed goals as we get one about every week nearly and they never show them.:bitchy:

RyeSloan
09-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Not only is 2-3 minutes of highlights p.poor they also have zero interviews with the managers after....for a national sport to be covered so poorely by the national channel is disgraceful. I don't expect the BBC to be able to afford live coverage but the cost of securing the correct rights and producing a proper highlights show will surely not be beyond them and one surely worth paying.

I disagree though that BBC Scotland should then put this up against Match of the Day as I know a hell of a lot of people (myself included) that watch this and may well prefer parts of it to an SPL show, why create the conflict?

Schedule the SPL show for BBC2 on a Sunday night before or in the MOTD2 slot and I think it would quickly become popular and be a very effective way of covering our national game.

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Not only is 2-3 minutes of highlights p.poor they also have zero interviews with the managers after....for a national sport to be covered so poorely by the national channel is disgraceful. I don't expect the BBC to be able to afford live coverage but the cost of securing the correct rights and producing a proper highlights show will surely not be beyond them and one surely worth paying.

I disagree though that BBC Scotland should then put this up against Match of the Day as I know a hell of a lot of people (myself included) that watch this and may well prefer parts of it to an SPL show, why create the conflict?

Schedule the SPL show for BBC2 on a Sunday night before or in the MOTD2 slot and I think it would quickly become popular and be a very effective way of covering our national game.

Yes... anything is better than 25 minutes at 11.35 on Monday night.

Hibbie_Cameron
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I dont think i have even watched sportscene this season. I think the whole country is sick of seeing the weekend goals by the time they show them:grr:

MrSmith
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Why don't we all email the BBC and complain?, I do it every week and always ask then why they show so much of the in-firm and pay little attention to other SPL teams, they never answer probably due to the fact that they don't know any other teams outside the ugly sisters, keep rattling their email boxes!

Right I'm assuming you have paid your license fee so they must answer you! Best to complain at the BBC HQ in England.

You could ask them to justify taking license money off of you and justification of inequality of programing in relation to Scottish license payers as well as the fact that they are not supposed to be looking for the 'big' audience figures meaning that all parts of Scotland should be represnted fairly and equally!

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
They should have Sportscene shown on a Sunday Morning IMO.
Then it wouldn't clash with MOTD or Football League Show and if you sleep in and miss them their always still on the website later that day.:agree: