PDA

View Full Version : You're the manager

fife hfc
08-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Looking at some of the threads at the moment it is clear that yogi needs to look on here before choosing his next line up. going by many of the comments on here he gets the line up and formation wrong almost every week. Deek up front or on the bench, bamba dropped or midfield, Hogg dropped, Hanlon in, etc..etc.

my question is if you could choose the line up and formation (assuming everybody was fit) what would it be. I'm just interested to see if all us managers are better than Yogi:greengrin

I would go 4-4-2

.................................Stack............ ............
McCann..............Bamba............Hanlon....... ...Murray
Wotherspoon.......Miller..............Mcbride..... ...Zemmama
........................Riordan...........Stokes.. ....................

Reaper
08-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Looking at some of the threads at the moment it is clear that yogi needs to look on here before choosing his next line up. going by many of the comments on here he gets the line up and formation wrong almost every week. Deek up front or on the bench, bamba dropped or midfield, Hogg dropped, Hanlon in, etc..etc.

my question is if you could choose the line up and formation (assuming everybody was fit) what would it be. I'm just interested to see if all us managers are better than Yogi:greengrin

I would go 4-4-2

I would go

................................Smith............. ................
.................Murray...................Hanlon.. .............
Wotherspoon............Bamba...................... .Rankin
........................McBride...........Miller.. ...............
..........Zemamma.............................Rior dan.......
..........................Stokes.................. ................

The general idea would be that when we had the ball, Bamba would push forward next to McBride, allowing Miller to head up the top of the Midfield and either Deeks or Zooma pushing up alongside Stokes when the attacks coming down the opposite side from them. When we didn't have the ball Bamba would drop into effectively a 3 at the back with protection from Wingbacks Wotherspoon and Rankin. Complex I know but I think our style is unpredictable and we have to adapt at different times of the game. I think Millers vision and ability to thread a pass is wasted when he has to drop deep with McBride. It would also allow Wotherspoon and Rankin to get forward and Deeks/Zooma more freedon to chnge positions. :blah:

snooky
08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
We seem to be loosing the midfield battle every week. I would suggest we need a bit more bite in that department. As I've said previously, we need players that can conjure a goal out of nothing (like Zooma, Benji and Deek) however we cannot accommodate any more than one of them in the team on the park (IMO).
I would like to see 4 across the middle Miller/McBride/Bamba/+ a.n.other (who isn't a lightweight). Up front, I'd pair Stokes with any of the available strikers. Defensively, I like Hanlon at CH. We need (and have always needed since Willie Miller left) a natural right back. It remains to be seen if McCann fits the bill or whether the answer lies in the summer transfer window.

Hi Yogi :smokin. You can call me anytime if you need any more advice. :greengrin

jdships
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Hereford are looking for a manger if any of you lads fancy getting back into management

:greengrin:wink:

007 Mickey Weir
08-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I would go with below. Nish in for his height and build. I think they will try and muscle us out the game a bit. Keep Hanlon in after his solid performance. Get Galbraith in to give us width on the right. 3-1 Hibs! Nish, Stokes and Deeks. Crowd just over 11000. Raith in the Semi finals at Tynie ta!

................................Stack............. ................
Wotherspoon..........Hogg........Hanlon.........Mu rray...
...........................Miller..McBride........ .....................
......Galbraith................................... ..Riordan...........
................................Nish.............. ......................
...............................Stokes............. ..................

Subs

Smith
Bamba
Rankin
Benji
Stevenson

Lucius Apuleius
09-03-2010, 05:36 AM
I do not have a clue about fooball management so I trust in Yogi.

Ray_
09-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Wotherspoon.........Hogg..........Hanlon....... ...Murray
.......Miller.......Bamba.......Mcbride..... ...Zemmama
....................Stokes.................Riordan ....................

IWasThere2016
09-03-2010, 06:46 AM
This is harder than it looks because I'd want Hanlon in, Bamba in midfield because we need more there and Deeks off the touchline and in front of the goals :agree:

So:

.............Stack
Spoon ..Hogg .....Hanlon ..Nid
............Bamba
.....McBride.....Miller
...........Zemmama
.....Stokes.......Deeks

hfc rd
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I would go for:-

Smith

Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

Bamba

Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Gailbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Subs:-
Stack
Hogg
Stevenson
Rankin
Cregg
Zemmama
Benji

hibee-shtuggie
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
some people have been on the old football manager, are we not trying to overcomplicate things, id go with:

.............................smith................ .......
Wotherspoon hanlon bamba murray

galbraith miller mcbride zemmama

........................riodan stokes.............

Ritchie
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
3-5-2

Stack
Hogg. Bamba. Hanlon
Spoony. Mcbride. Murray
Miller. Zouma
stokes. Deek

Love the Green
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM

I would go 4-4-2

:top markssounds good although RB might be a bit dodgey ..spoony will bw agreat aset as he can now appreciate the defensive side of the gane and assist the RB.

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

booshsutton
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Here's my Football Manager 2010 team... Season 2009/2010 finished 3rd in the league and won the Scottish Cup:

..........................Stack................... .......
McCann......Hogg..........Bamba.........Hanlon
.........................Murray................... .......
..............Rankin..............Zemmama......... .
Stokes...........................................R iordan
.......................Christian Vieri....................

Subs:
Miller;
Maka;
Wotherspoon;
Andy Van Der Meyde (impact sub, usually comes on for McCann if I'm struggling);
Nish;
McCormack;
Byrne

Vieri is a goal machine and Rankin pitches in with a good few from midfield, does a better job in there than Miller. Zemmama given free reighn to play as an advanced playmaker, full backs bombing on and the two wide attachers playing as inside forwards.

Just sold Bamba for £2.2mil in the close season, so got a hole to fill in defence....

fife hfc
09-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I do not have a clue about fooball management so I trust in Yogi.

I don't have a clue about football management either:greengrin and this was attempt for all of us who post on threads and say Yogi has got this wrong and that wrong to say what our ideal line up and formation is. Most people (including me) would probably find our teams getting humped, but we all have an opinion and some of the line ups chosen would have me wanting Yogi sectioned if he chose them.

Lucius Apuleius
10-03-2010, 05:27 AM
I don't have a clue about football management either:greengrin and this was attempt for all of us who post on threads and say Yogi has got this wrong and that wrong to say what our ideal line up and formation is. Most people (including me) would probably find our teams getting humped, but we all have an opinion and some of the line ups chosen would have me wanting Yogi sectioned if he chose them.

My thoughts exactly young Fifer.

aussie_hibee
10-03-2010, 06:03 AM
This is harder than it looks because I'd want Hanlon in, Bamba in midfield because we need more there and Deeks off the touchline and in front of the goals :agree:

So:

.............Stack
............Bamba
.....McBride.....Miller
...........Zemmama
.....Stokes.......Deeks

The same 11 as me and almost identical formation. Only difference being as I'd have stokes on his own with deek and zooma both in the hole with free roles. That way, we only need one of them to track back a bit and it makes 4 in the middle defensively. If you can get zouma to track back as much as deek, it will make 5 in the middle and make us really hard to break down. I don't think they would get marked as much either as the opposition centre halves would be reluctant to break their line and if their centre mid's mark them, it leaves more space for miller et al to get on the ball. The problem being of course, if neither deek or zouma track back, it all falls in a big heap and we get exposed wide and stretched.

.............Stack
............Bamba
.....McBride.....Miller
....Zemmama.....Deeko
............Stokes.......

Bamba
10-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Hereford are looking for a manger

A bit early for nativity scenes isn't it?

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2010, 11:49 AM
stack
wotherspoon rb
bamba rc
hanlon lc
murray lb
zemamma rm
mcbride cm
miller cm
rankin lm
stokes rf
riordan lf

4-4-2.

Franck is God
10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I like to the formation and tactics that Yogi uses however I sometimes other players could do a better job within it.

I think we have two luxury players in Zemmama & Riordan and for me only one of them can be used from the start if at all, when on the pitch they should have a completely free role and no set position. For this to work though we need our other outfield players to perform pretty much at the top of their game throughout.

If you were to leave them both out then you can have a very solid, hard working team effort on the pitch to win you games and if required you have a spark from the bench to help.

I could see this team winning games

Smith

McCann---Hogg---Bamba---Murray

McBride--Miller
Wotherspoon-----------------Galbraith

----------Nish/Benji
Stokes

Would also like to see

Smith

Wotherspoon---Hogg---Bamba---Murray

McBride
Miller-----------Rankin

Zemmama-------------------------------
---------------Benji/Nish
Stokes

monktonharp
10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I too,have no idea about fitba' management,as I like to watch only.but it's blatantly obvious that Riordan should be up front,according to all posts on this thread,and I wholeheartedly agree,so c'mon Yogi get it sorted:greengrin

TRC
10-03-2010, 08:08 PM
This is my 100th post and here would be my team although i would say that yogi has got us into a position that at the start of the season would have been a dream fighting for third with still the possiablity of finishing 2nd Scottish cup qf and an exciting young team with bags of tallent but if he wants it here is my team
.............................................Stack .................................................. ...

McCann(if fit)............Hogg........................Bamba. ........................Murray

.........................................McBride.. .................................................. .

....................Spoons........................ .........................Zuma..................

................................................Mi ller.............................................. ....

.................................................. .....................Deeks(free role swithching left to right

................................................St okes.............................................. .

Bit lop sided but i think this is the way forward yogi get it done for sat