PDA

View Full Version : Hibs humped by the Geordies (reserves game)

half.time.draw.
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100308/barton-back-as-best-nets-in-hibs-victory_2240137_1987975 (http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100308/barton-back-as-best-nets-in-hibs-victory_2240137_1987975)

Liam89
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Thats a bummer..

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
It's not the end of the world as Newcastle are my English team, obviously wouldve preffered Hibs to win though.

MyJo
08-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Joey Barton probably gets paid more than our entire first team AND reserve squad in a week.

noseyhibby
08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100308/barton-back-as-best-nets-in-hibs-victory_2240137_1987975 (http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100308/barton-back-as-best-nets-in-hibs-victory_2240137_1987975)

Hmmm. Losing to whoever, even in behind the doors games does nothing for confidence. Big Nish was mentioned playing but who else from our first team was involved. Hopefully not too many regulars.

TheMentalHibees
08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Can't see it mentioning the Hibs team, anybody know?

Billy Whizz
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Hmmm. Losing to whoever, even in behind the doors games does nothing for confidence. Big Nish was mentioned playing but who else from our first team was involved. Hopefully not too many regulars.

I can see Thicot and Cregg in the picture!

Austinho
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
The only players mentioned or photographed in the article are:

Mark Brown
Steven Thicot
Colin Nish
Patrick Cregg
Aaron Chalmers

Also says Newcastle had a strong line up.

Hibbie_Cameron
08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
It's not the end of the world as Newcastle are my English team, obviously wouldve preffered Hibs to win though.

Same here:agree:

With Barton, Ranger, Taylor, Krul, Best and Hall all playing you can hardly be surprised it was 4-1.

Would have been a good run out and learning experience for some of our younger players

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Same here:agree:

With Barton, Ranger, Taylor, Krul, Best and Hall all playing you can hardly be surprised it was 4-1.

Would have been a good run out and learning experience for some of our younger players

Yep all 4 of them wouldve walked into a Rangers or Celtic team so we need to be realistic and think it's not as bad as you think, well done Nishy though for getting a goal :agree:.. now do it in the first team ya prick.:grr::faf:

hibee4life1983
08-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I have to agree, nish is mingin' at the best of times.

.Sean.
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
And yet ANOTHER ****ing thread descends into Nish bashing time :yawn:

The_Todd
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Yes. Imagine only scoring once against a very strong Newcastle reserve team. Disgrace. I'd rather have Nade, mole or Elliott.

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes. Imagine only scoring once against a very strong Newcastle reserve team. Disgrace. I'd rather have Nade, mole or Elliott.

Cmon your missing out the best ones :bitchy:.. Mulrooney, Smith and Witteveen.:wink:

StevieC
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Just watched the highlights and I think the scoreline was as much down to poor defending as it was to the Newcastle players.

Edmundsson was allowed to run in on goal for the first.
Nish was quite composed with his goal feigning a shot and getting Krul to commit before side-stepping and slotting home the equaliser into an empty net.
Best was allowed a free run for Newcastles 2nd, with Thicot I think sitting too deep and keeping him onside.
An og, under no real pressure, was unlucky for Newcastle's 3rd.
Nile Ranger had a free header when the keeper misjudged a cross.
Overall though, Newcastle looked well in control and could have added a couple more given the chances created.

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Just watched the highlights and I think the scoreline was as much down to poor defending as it was to the Newcastle players.

Edmundsson was allowed to run in on goal for the first.
Nish was quite composed with his goal feigning a shot and getting Krul to commit before side-stepping and slotting home the equaliser into an empty net.
Best was allowed a free run for Newcastles 2nd, with Thicot I think sitting too deep and keeping him onside.
An og, under no real pressure, was unlucky for Newcastle's 3rd.
Nile Ranger had a free header when the keeper misjudged a cross.
Overall though, Newcastle looked well in control and could have added a couple more given the chances created.

Is there a link for the highlights?

StevieC
08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Is there a link for the highlights? Sorry, no links.
It was on nufc tv

J-C
08-03-2010, 11:13 PM
The only players mentioned or photographed in the article are:

Mark Brown
Steven Thicot
Colin Nish
Patrick Cregg
Aaron Chalmers

Also says Newcastle had a strong line up.

Will have to find out if he's related. :greengrin

oconnors_strip
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Will have to find out if he's related. :greengrin

aaron comes from manchester if thats any help:greengrin

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Sorry, no links.
It was on nufc tv
No bother.

brog
09-03-2010, 09:57 AM
As Barton, Hall, Taylor & Best have been involved in transfers totalling about £20mm I wouldn't get too worried. Nish was probably only player representing Hibs for whom we paid a fee!

Hibernia Na Eir
09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
no disgrace gettin beaten 4-1 from NUFC, they have players on far superior salaries to even the likes of the Infirm, nevermind Hibs.

We must have played them 4 or 5 times this season now?

fiolex1
09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
no disgrace gettin beaten 4-1 from NUFC, they have players on far superior salaries to even the likes of the Infirm, nevermind Hibs.

We must have played them 4 or 5 times this season now?

Wouldn't mind a couple of Loan deals from Newcastle, no doubt some of them will be out the picture when Newcastle get promoted.

Higgy115
09-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I was down at the Newcastle / Barnsley game on Saturday and unfortunately even though they won 6-1 if the same squad go up they will come back down pretty sharpish. A couple could cut it in the top league but fear the rest are pretty average.

Great athmosphere and great game though.......

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I was down at the Newcastle / Barnsley game on Saturday and unfortunately even though they won 6-1 if the same squad go up they will come back down pretty sharpish. A couple could cut it in the top league but fear the rest are pretty average.

Totally agree, we have never been able to replace Alan Shearer imo, we need a natural goalscorer, i thought Michael Owen was going to be that man but was constantly injured and played more games for England just about than us, Ricardo Fuller would be a decent signing IMO.:agree:
But players like Danny Guthrie, Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands and Mike Williamson won't be able to cut it in the Premier League.:bitchy:

StevieC
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM

I pretty much agree with that.
I had hoped that we'd got a couple more "Premiership" signings in the January window rather than hope for decent players 2 weeks before the new season starts.

But players like Danny Guthrie, Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands and Mike Williamson won't be able to cut it in the Premier League.:bitchy:

I disagree about Williamson though, I think he has been outstanding since he arrived.
Guthrie would be a bench player in the Premiership but I think that Best has potential to do alright.

I would hope that winning the Championship might see us get some decent money in for players such as Collicini and Guitierrez.

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I pretty much agree with that.
I had hoped that we'd got a couple more "Premiership" signings in the January window rather than hope for decent players 2 weeks before the new season starts.

I disagree about Williamson though, I think he has been outstanding since he arrived.
Guthrie would be a bench player in the Premiership but I think that Best has potential to do alright.

I would hope that winning the Championship might see us get some decent money in for players such as Collicini and Guitierrez.

I think he's been good too but he's 26 and was at Portsmouth for a while and couldn't even get one game, he mustve been doing something horribly wrong in training.:rolleyes: Yep, i also think Gutierrez can be a bit over rated at times but his goal on Saturday was top drawer, and his celebration.:wink: