PDA

View Full Version : Full house on Saturday?

.Sean.
08-03-2010, 05:29 PM
What with Ross County having already sold out their full allocation of 1600 tickets, that only leaves around 12500 tickets for the Hibs sections. With the team having a good season and it being the quarter final of the Scottish Cup, i'd be mightily dissapointed if we don't sell out. Thoughts?

Alex Trager
08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
behind you on that

Martin
08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
What with Ross County having already sold out their full allocation of 1600 tickets, that only leaves around 12500 tickets for the Hibs sections. With the team having a good season and it being the quarter final of the Scottish Cup, i'd be mightily dissapointed if we don't sell out. Thoughts?

Prepare to be dissapointed. I'd be very suprised if we did sell out. We should have sold out on Saturday too but we didn't.

Bob Box Fish
08-03-2010, 05:43 PM
In theory this should be an easy sell out but can't see it. We only managed around 10k against Aberdeen recently when given our season to date we should be looking at around 14k for those type of games. I reackon 12k including rc fans.

Alex Trager
08-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Prepare to be dissapointed. I'd be very suprised if we did sell out. We should have sold out on Saturday too but we didn't.
This is true and annoying

marinello59
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I think I will worry about getting a result before I lose any sleep over what the attendance may be. (Surely our attendances are Kickbacks obsession.:greengrin)

Leithenhibby
08-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I think I will worry about getting a result before I lose any sleep over what the attendance may be. (Surely our attendances are Kickbacks obsession.:greengrin)

well said :top marks

Alex Trager
08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Also agreed with however many will-if the chance comes-be flogging
for tickets for the next round and thenext- once again if the chance comes-

The_Todd
08-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I suspect many Hibees who have been here before may be a bit wary when it comes to supposed "lesser" opposition in this infernal trophy and given our record who can blame them?

I'd dearly love a sellout but can't see it happening. Blame the recession, blame ticket prices, blame the Cup jinx, blame Rod Petrie, blame the pitch or blame Voodoo Magic for all I care but we won't sell out. The very least we can do though is outsing the visiting support for 90 minutes. We should at least manage that, no?

I'll be sat (stood) at row RR of the South stand battling with vertigo, probably (it's a far cry from row L of the East) and will enjoy every minute of it.

Bob Box Fish
08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Agree results come first.

For the record when was the last Time we sold out are we going back a few seasons to the mowbray era?

The ticket offiice in the past had some daft rule where they deemed matches sell outs when x % of tickets were sold I'm not sure if this is still the case?

Recent new year derby was deemed a sellout but was a bit below capacity (500 or so) with many spaces in the bottom of the west stand.

jgl07
08-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Hibs always have rubbish attendances during ground reconstruction.

The gates were terrible when the North and South Stands were being constructed even taking account of reduced the 8,705 capacity. The best crowd were against Hearts with 7,122 (midweek evening) and Celtic 6,019 on a Saturday afternoon.

Things were also really poor when the West Stand was being constructed with the reduced 12,000 capacity never tested despite a highly successful team.

Funnily enough both years Hibs ended up in third place with a Cup Semi-Final defeat to Celtic first time and a Cup Final defeat to the same opposition the second time.

Maybe one better this year?

lucky
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Who cares? You can't control who goes or not

Lofarl
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Well by moving the game to 2 o'clock means I cant go. I bet I'm not the only one.

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 06:57 PM
As much as i'd like to see us sell out i can't see it happening, we've been struggling to do so all season.

lapsedhibee
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Well by moving the game to 2 o'clock means I cant go. I bet I'm not the only one.

Shirley you mean you can't go to the first half? :wink:

iwasthere1972
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM

Hopefully not as I've persuaded 3 people to come with me who don't normally go.

Spike Mandela
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Our supporters bus isn't even running to the game. Can't believe the disinterest in the quest of our 'holy grail'.

PiemanP
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I suspect many Hibees who have been here before may be a bit wary when it comes to supposed "lesser" opposition in this infernal trophy and given our record who can blame them?

I'd dearly love a sellout but can't see it happening. Blame the recession, blame ticket prices, blame the Cup jinx, blame Rod Petrie, blame the pitch or blame Voodoo Magic for all I care but we won't sell out. The very least we can do though is outsing the visiting support for 90 minutes. We should at least manage that, no?

I'll be sat (stood) at row RR of the South stand battling with vertigo, probably (it's a far cry from row L of the East) and will enjoy every minute of it.

Is that the very back row of the south upper?

and i know what u mean about the vertigo....going to need a harness if we score a late winner against the tims when they come calling! otherwise im tumbling down :greengrin

.Sean.
08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Our supporters bus isn't even running to the game. Can't believe the disinterest in the quest of our 'holy grail'.
Jeezo :bitchy: We have a fantastic chance of getting to the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and some fans cannae be arsed going to the game?

Sudds_1
08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Jeezo :bitchy: We have a fantastic chance of getting to the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and some fans cannae be arsed going to the game?

maybe on current form they don't believe we'll get through :bitchy:

I'll be there! :thumbsup:

The Harp
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Sad fact is virtually all clubs outwith the Bigot Bros play to smaller attendances in Cup games since regular season tickets stopped being valid for admission. :confused:

Removed
08-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Sad fact is virtually all clubs outwith the Bigot Bros play to smaller attendances in Cup games since regular season tickets stopped being valid for admission. :confused:

Why just outwith theose two, their loyal/GSITW are just the same

hibs0666
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Don't think it is just cup games - the punters appear generally ambivalent this year.

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 09:01 PM
maybe on current form they don't believe we'll get through :bitchy:

I'll be there! :thumbsup:

If that's the case that's pretty bad, were at home to Ross County, if your being negative going into that game we obviously don't have much ambition.:bitchy:

proud_and_green
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Have to agree, that i don't think it will be a brilliant turn out. Suspect though, IF, we do get through to the next round that may be a different story.

Ah weel!

.Sean.
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Have to agree, that i don't think it will be a brilliant turn out. Suspect though, IF, we do get through to the next round that may be a different story.

Ah weel!
Definately, the part-timers sure love a trip to Hampden :agree:

biggie1875
09-03-2010, 11:54 AM
should do as we have done in the past and given the supporters that go most weeks eg ti next few games ask us to keep our ticket stubs so we .get first choice for the semi

Craig_in_Prague
09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Who cares? You can't control who goes or not

and then if we do get to Semi or the Final, people like me that can only watch on TV or Hibs TV these days, used to go each week in the past, will need to pay a lot of dosh to get back for the final, but to some we're just glory hunting part timers.

The crowds are what they are and if some of us are labelled what i said, then tough.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2010, 12:03 PM
should do as we have done in the past and given the supporters that go most weeks eg ti next few games ask us to keep our ticket stubs so we .get first choice for the semi

If we get through and get drawn against one of the bigots, that would leave 15000-16000 for those who dont go every week. If it was against anyone else, we would get as many as we wanted.:confused:

1875 NO 1
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Dont think we will. Id give more tickets to Ross County

Franck is God
09-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Definately, the part-timers sure love a trip to Hampden :agree:

You need to correct that. They love going to Hampden when they think we'll win!

IWasThere2016
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
9,500 quiet-ish Hibees, and 1,600 noisy them would be my bet :bitchy:

We need to score first! :agree:

Gatecrasher
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
9,500 quiet-ish Hibees, and 1,600 noisy them would be my bet :bitchy:

We need to score first! :agree:

they are bringing a drummer :agree:

http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=8602

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
they are bringing a drummer :agree:

I hate that at football matches. That and horns, I HATE horns!

Franck is God
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
and then if we do get to Semi or the Final, people like me that can only watch on TV or Hibs TV these days, used to go each week in the past, will need to pay a lot of dosh to get back for the final, but to some we're just glory hunting part timers.

The crowds are what they are and if some of us are labelled what i said, then tough.

I have friends who much like yourself went regularly when younger then left Edinburgh and can now only make the 'special' games and to be honest I'm sure every club has their share of these fans. I don't have a problem with that and I'm sure the fair minded out there won't either.

I do have an issue when fans come on to sites like these listing reason after reason to why they aren't going then when we are actually having a good season after investing lots of money in the team they are still not turning up.

Gatecrasher
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM

same, they give me a sore head

hfc rd
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Think it could be very close to a full house.

down the slope
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Not going after last week, 8,500 if we are lucky and we hardly deserve that.

bornahibby
09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Got my ticket yesterday and the lassie said the South upper is still wide open. Unless there is a late rush it still will be on Saturday.

MacBean
09-03-2010, 03:32 PM

best avoid the world cup or watch it on mute!

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM

We haven't had to experience being there in a while anyway.
African Nations Cup is definitely the worst.:sairhead:

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 07:12 PM

When it's on the TV it's only vaguely annoying, but when you're there it kills the atmosphere and does my box in.