PDA

View Full Version : Urgent East Stand Singing Section - Capital Greens - Ultra's etc...

MacBean
08-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Afternoon folks,

I'm sure you will all recall the recent attempts to create a "Green Day" at Easter Road. You will also have noticed the many threads regarding atmosphere and "demand" for a return of the Capital Greens or for a "Singing Section" within Easter Road.

Mister P and I have taken this opportunity and are organising a new "Singing Section" / "ultras section".

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE OR LOOK LIKE AN UBER-FAN SECTION MERELY AN HONEST COUPLE OF HIBEES TRYING TO HELP THE ATMOSPHERE AT OUR STADIUM.

If we can reach sufficient numbers to make the effort worth while, we will be proposing to HFC that a "singing section" should be incorporated into the new East Stand at Easter Road.

This section would be recommended for likeminded supporters who appreciate continual singing, chanting and various other vocal methods of supporting their team.

If successful, we will propose to HFC that each applicant on this database are given an individual reference number, and from the databse, HFC can allocate them with a season ticket purchase within the 'supporters' section.

This is obviously in the early stages of development and we need as much support as possible to drive this so if you are interested please fill out the form on the attached link. (you do not need your ST number - but it helps)

www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm (http://www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm)

Massive thank you to John for his efforts in putting this together for us!

CAN SOMEONE POST ON HIBEES BOUNCE AND HIBEES MAD PLEASE

Cheers

Paul

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

MacBean
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Please ignore the big button that says

"finished? Submit your survey"

click on the continue button at the top and it will take you to the correct area

Thomson1875
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
just posted a link up on a new thread(didnt see this) from the bounce a few folk are looking at starting to get something going!

http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725 (http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725)

Dunbar Hibee
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Signed

Thomson1875
08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Signed it and put it up on the bounce, not got a hibees mad account though, If you need more people to help count me in!:thumbsup:

KerPlunk
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Paul, I've put it on HibsMad for you.

MacBean
08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Signed it and put it up on the bounce, not got a hibees mad account though, If you need more people to help count me in!:thumbsup:

thanks for that, but you've told them to NOT Click continue, when they do have to click contnue - they just ingore the bit under it which is an ad!

Mikey
Guys, I'm not sure you really need to go petitioning the club at this stage. They know that people are keen on a "singing section" and that'll be one of the many things covered in the fans forums that are to be held shortly.

Give them a chance to get it together and take it from there.

MacBean
Paul, I've put it on HibsMad for you.

thanks mate :thumbsup:

MacBean
08-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Guys, I'm not sure you really need to go petitioning the club at this stage. They know that people are keen on a "singing section" and that'll be one of the many things covered in the fans forums that are to be held shortly.

Mikey,

had taken that on board and this is mainly an attempt at getting names together to see the scale that would be needed.

Its not a "petition" of such its more a campaign to get together and raise awareness, also if we do some of the leg work for hibs then they will know who is interested and can choose where to sit us all next season.

Keith_M
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Mikey, I've heard Fans Forums mentioned previously on here (maybe from yourself(?)) but never from the club.

Is this really going to happen or is it just a rumour that's grown legs? Where did you hear about this?

Sean1875
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
signed it, fingers crossed itll have an effect :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
08-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Signed, saw this on the Bounce. Great effort.

K.Marx
08-03-2010, 05:02 PM
signed, good to see something might actually come of this:top marks

Martin
08-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Why does it need to be in the East? :confused:

K.Marx
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM

can you imagine the fuss if the club tried to move folk from their old seats to accomodate it? in saying that i've always liked the thought of creating a home end like the kop/stretford/holte and shifting the family section somewhere else!

Mikey
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Mikey, I've heard Fans Forums mentioned previously on here (maybe from yourself(?)) but never from the club.

Is this really going to happen or is it just a rumour that's grown legs? Where did you hear about this?

Point 17 in the FAQ's...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~1973171,00.html

The_Todd
08-03-2010, 05:31 PM

It just does. :greengrin

Beefster
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
This, in general, is a good idea. If you want all supporters to back it though, even those who don't want to sit/stand in this area, it might be best not to call it a 'supporters section' (as in the questionnaire form) or it does sound like you're trying to make it an uber-fan section.

MyJo
08-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Point 17 in the FAQ's...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~1973171,00.html

It was also mentioned on the letters that came with the south stand season tickets that the fans forums would be announced in the next few days.

Ryan91
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I've signed and put this on my face book page to raise awareness to any like-minded Hibernian supporters out there. If someone wants I could set up a group to raise awareness to this cause?

GGTTH

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 06:20 PM

The atmosphere has been there for ages now so why change it.:dunno:

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Signed.:greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Signed and forwarded to other hibees people!! :notworthy:

GreenBlade
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
If we can reach sufficient numbers to make the effort worth while, we will be proposing to HFC that a "singing section" should be incorporated into the new East Stand at Easter Road.

This section would be recommended for likeminded supporters who appreciate continual singing, chanting and various other vocal methods of supporting their team.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

While many will applaud your efforts and sentiments I can't help thinking that there will be a singing section next season in the east stand. Only I expect the entire stand will be singing, not just a small section of it! I mean no insult to your well intended thoughts on lack of atmosphere.

Having watched Hibs since the seventies I have an opinion on all seated stadiums. Simply the fact that people are more self-conscious seated while standing in a crowd your more anonymous and feel more comfortable roaring your head off! The exception to the rule being larger stadiums like the Old Firms. They are more vociferious granted but we all know how quiet they can be in comparison to when they had tens of thousands standing.

Thats why I believe the design of the East Stand will help improve the atmosphere. It's going to be about 30 rows front to back and likely to be filled most weeks. So a 6400 singing section is on the cards.

You need 2 things to generate atmosphere. An exciting team to watch and fans willing to back them. I believe we will have both when the new stand opens. Next season could be really special.

:thumbsup:

MacBean
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
thoughts taken on board lads thanks for your contributions!

we have over 50 folk signed up already and if we keep going we will have a good size!!

can those of you who posted on Bounce/Mad please update the threads to tell them of the number acheived so far!

Cracking first day!

FAO Beefster - it was John who did the website i would have called it "signing section" or something to the like - nothing too cheesy etc...

Mister P
08-03-2010, 11:30 PM
oh aye cheers....gie me the blame eh!

apologies if some of the terminology is inaccurate, it's merely an attempt to gather an accurate idea of how many fans support the idea and believe it's needed, so to speak.

I merely created the form, the rest is over to Paul :wink:

personally I think the guys in the east are usually quite vocal, but imho theres not enough of them. theres always posts from people in here saying they sit in the west, ff etc and they'd love to sing all game but don't feel comfortable doing so with all the sweety russtlers etc around them. I suppose this is an outreach to all those guys saying 'well lets all get together in the East then'!

Unfortunately my work commitments mean I work almost every saturday so Im not an attending fan, hence the reason why I can't take an active role with Paul, just think it would be best left to the guys who are there week in week out.

If 500 people support the idea, then surely thats need enough to at least have a go:dunno:

Ed De Gramo
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
oh aye cheers....gie me the blame eh!

apologies if some of the terminology is inaccurate, it's merely an attempt to gather an accurate idea of how many fans support the idea and believe it's needed, so to speak.

I merely created the form, the rest is over to Paul :wink:

personally I think the guys in the east are usually quite vocal, but imho theres not enough of them. theres always posts from people in here saying they sit in the west, ff etc and they'd love to sing all game but don't feel comfortable doing so with all the sweety russtlers etc around them. I suppose this is an outreach to all those guys saying 'well lets all get together in the East then'!

Unfortunately my work commitments mean I work almost every saturday so Im not an attending fan, hence the reason why I can't take an active role with Paul, just think it would be best left to the guys who are there week in week out.

If 500 people support the idea, then surely thats need enough to at least have a go:dunno:

get back to cutting hair :wink:

Lmc2105
08-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Good idea lads Signed up :thumbsup: Keep up the good work

Thomson1875
09-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Going quite well at the moment by the looks of it! But one thing we should do is get a few people to get signature details ect of people entering the stand!

I would help out with it and get a couple people more than happy to help!:agree:

maybe in a couple/few weeks time? Get some leaflets printed out with details ect on it! would surely get a good response.:scarf:

GreenCastle
09-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Guys good to see you being proactive.

Few tips...

1. Call it a supporters section - not singing section. The supporters section could represent the different Hibs branches / flags etc ?

2. Will have to be situated near the back of the new East to minimize disruption I would imagine.

3. Make sure you are represented at the "fans forum" - whenever that is and where it will be .... anyone ? :confused::confused::confused:

4. Stick with it - Most things take time to grow.

Newcastle have their own -

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/05/23/fans-back-new-singing-scheme-72703-20965206/

Mister P
09-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Guys good to see you being proactive.

Few tips...

1. Call it a supporters section - not singing section. The supporters section could represent the different Hibs branches / flags etc ?

2. Will have to be situated near the back of the new East to minimize disruption I would imagine.

3. Make sure you are represented at the "fans forum" - whenever that is and where it will be .... anyone ? :confused::confused::confused:

4. Stick with it - Most things take time to grow.

Newcastle have their own -

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/05/23/fans-back-new-singing-scheme-72703-20965206/

who is the fans forum, when where etc are the club talking to them.
This is exactly what these guys need to do, go to a consultation meeting and say " here, we have a list of 500 people who would all like to be considered for a separate singning section in the new east. contact details and existing ST numbers etc"

:dunno:

GreenCastle
09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
If the club are doing their job / research they will see their is interest for this supporters section and what better time to do it.

All is needs is a vertical section to be the "supporters section" and fans to be warned when they buy a ticket in this area they are aware signing will take place.

Though would probably have to be an end section to avoid disruption

The club could even allow you to hang flags on the inside of the stand and leave them up during the season. Give the stand some character.

RIP
09-03-2010, 07:22 AM
At the Saints game two weekends ago my gang was sat in the East in front of a lad in a short sleeved shirt (very brave)

He was only young yet had a wide songbook and started loads of songs :thumbsup:

We DO need a Supporters section but we also need Leaders ..........

Choirmasters who are readily recognisable (Like big Frankie Dougan)

I'm no suggesting everyone should grow six inches in height and look like Osama Bin Laden but mibbies painting yer face green and white and wearing a suit like The Mask would be a start :wink:

Ell_Chrisso
09-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Signed, sealed delivered Beefer. :hnet:

Antifa Hibs
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Some of you will be getting fed up with me banging on about the Germans but this is exactly what they have. Whole ends dedicated to this type of thing where the singers/standers/flags get in the way of no-one.

The German's also have the biggest supports, best atmosphere's and best supporter scene these days.

Coincidence?

All the best with this, signed!

Chuck Rhoades
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Update the Bounce for you!

drifter533814
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Signed.

MacBean
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
glad this is taking even more shape gents! really good to see!

I personally would like to get along to the Fans Forum, however I'm led to believe that its Shareholders only? or am i talking drivel?

Any info on how i can get on the inside would be greatly appreciated so i can give this a mention and a shout out.

Any suggestions - helping hands legs and arms that this can grow with and really boom are hugely appreciated!!

Leaflets could be a good idea!

like the idea of hanging flags in the stand throughout the season (I'm sure they could facilitate hanging them from poles or something!!

Fife-Hibee
09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Signed :notworthy::notworthy:

Mikey
09-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I personally would like to get along to the Fans Forum, however I'm led to believe that its Shareholders only? or am i talking drivel?

It's not shareholders only. And you won't need to shout as the club will see this anyway :wink:

Phil MaGlass
09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
What about the fans who dont have access to a computer?how about printing a few copies off and handing them out at the next home game on the 24th?

Antifa Hibs
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Meant to add, Aberdeen are proposing something similar. Think they are proposing to have the Merkland stand as a 'singing (standing) section', they had a meeting at one of their boozers and had the backing from various Aberdeen supporters trusts and clubs. Think they are having a meeting with some heads of AFC soon...

Mikey
09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Meant to add, Aberdeen are proposing something similar. Think they are proposing to have the Merkland stand as a 'singing (standing) section', they had a meeting at one of their boozers and had the backing from various Aberdeen supporters trusts and clubs. Think they are having a meeting with some heads of AFC soon...

It won't go far if they're wanting a standing section then :wink:

Guys, one thing you need to be clear about here. Standing for the whole game, or a large part of it, won't be an option. If you go into this demanding that the fans are allowed to stand it won't get off the ground. It's a two way thing and both sides need to play the game. That means sticking to the rules!

And let's not get into the same old argument here about what's allowed in other countries or the Taylor report not being legal in Scotland.

It's not going to happen :wink:

Antifa Hibs
09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
It won't go far if they're wanting a standing section then :wink:

Guys, one thing you need to be clear about here. Standing for the whole game, or a large part of it, won't be an option. If you go into this demanding that the fans are allowed to stand it won't get off the ground. It's a two way thing and both sides need to play the game. That means sticking to the rules!

And let's not get into the same old argument here about what's allowed in other countries or the Taylor report not being legal in Scotland.

It's not going to happen :wink:

They'll be going in for a singing section (fans knowing that standing is likely), obvisouly they won't mention standing.

Man City and Chelsea have something similar. When watching on tele, to the left of the camera at Stamford Bridge and to the right at Man City you'll see the lower tiers standing, these are promoted as singing sections by the club where standing is tolerated but not promoted.

Think thats what the sheep as going for. It's being headed up by a few of the ex-RU that haved since disbanded.

Mikey
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
They'll be going in for a singing section (fans knowing that standing is likely), obvisouly they won't mention standing.

Man City and Chelsea have something similar. When watching on tele, to the left of the camera at Stamford Bridge and to the right at Man City you'll see the lower tiers standing, these are promoted as singing sections by the club where standing is tolerated but not promoted.

Think thats what the sheep as going for. It's being headed up by a few of the ex-RU that haved since disbanded.

The club won't budge an inch on standing as they can't be seen to be promoting it.

Bear in mind that around an hour before kick off the whole stadium is handed over to the match commander and he/she is responsible for public order and public safety. If the match commander says you're sitting then you're sitting :wink: The only other option you'll be given is to leave!

Mister P
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
so far over 90 people signed in just less than 24 hours:notworthy:

Ell_Chrisso
09-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Any info on how i can get on the inside would be greatly appreciated so i can give this a mention and a shout out.

Any suggestions - helping hands legs and arms that this can grow with and really boom are hugely appreciated!!

like the idea of hanging flags in the stand throughout the season (I'm sure they could facilitate hanging them from poles or something!!

Fair play to you for trying to set this up Beefer!

I for one am getting a little tired of the lack of atmosphere at games recently. Here's hoping this idea goes down a treat with the Club, and they can arrange maybe a couple of blocks, or even half the stand to be dedicated to a "singing & standing section"

Any help etc, you know where i am!

MyJo
09-03-2010, 01:30 PM

The fans forums will be on an invitation only basis IIRC but i cant imagine it would be restricted to shareholders as the whole point of the things is to discuss the new stand and initiatives for better attendances and atmosphere. If you want on the guest list why not e-mail Fyfe Hiland (sp?) and explain what your trying to organise here and see if you can get yourself onto the forums to put your ideas across rather than waiting to see if your picked at random to attend. You never know you could even put your proposals to ALL of the fans forums that will be held and see what reaction you get from all the invitees??

Flags shouldn't be as much of a problem in the east as there will be no advertising hoardings being covered by them like in the west or FF when they are draped from the top tier. Getting them all hung up at the back of the stand or displayed over empty blocks of seats would be good :agree:

Mister P
09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
The club won't budge an inch on standing as they can't be seen to be promoting it.

Bear in mind that around an hour before kick off the whole stadium is handed over to the match commander and he/she is responsible for public order and public safety. If the match commander says you're sitting then you're sitting :wink: The only other option you'll be given is to leave!

I think these points have to be adhered to 100% if this effort is to be taken seriously by the club

Antifa Hibs
09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Flags are a good one. Add plenty colour and character and break no 1989 laws :wink:

My suggestion was to have lockers in the stand(s) where fans can store flags, scarfs, banners etc. I've a few large-ish flags and would gladly have them on show but I very rarely go home after matches and wouldn't fancy lugging a bag of banners around town with me. Either have somewhere were fans can store flags and banners or allow fans to put them up at the start of the season and collect them at the end of the season. Up the back of the stand and along the side would be ideal. Thats what Man Utd do for their stretford end flags.

MacBean
09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
The fans forums will be on an invitation only basis IIRC but i cant imagine it would be restricted to shareholders as the whole point of the things is to discuss the new stand and initiatives for better attendances and atmosphere. If you want on the guest list why not e-mail Fyfe Hiland (sp?) and explain what your trying to organise here and see if you can get yourself onto the forums to put your ideas across rather than waiting to see if your picked at random to attend. You never know you could even put your proposals to ALL of the fans forums that will be held and see what reaction you get from all the invitees??

Flags shouldn't be as much of a problem in the east as there will be no advertising hoardings being covered by them like in the west or FF when they are draped from the top tier. Getting them all hung up at the back of the stand or displayed over empty blocks of seats would be good :agree:

I shall do that very thing!
Ill send him pretty much this thread and my/our intentions and hopefully get an invite :pray: will keep you posted

MacBean
09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
If anyone has Fyfe Hyland's email address can they PM me it please i cannot find it on the fishy site (didnt think i would either) :thumbsup:

MacBean
09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Over 100 Names on the list in 24 Hours!
Fantastic Stuff.

Fyfe Hyland has been emailed with the details of this initiative and hopefully we can get this to continue growing.

Thanks to those on hibees bounce and hibs mad too.:thumbsup:

p.s. any chance of a sticky :pray:

mc5-the-don
09-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Good luck with that lads. The building of a new stand gives the ideal opportunity for like-minded people to congregate in a 'singing section'.

Similar attempts have failed at Aberdeen's decrepit stadium, as season ticket holders are scattered across the stands and the club won't move people.

Hopefully your board are supportive of any fan movement geared to creating more atmosphere. Aberdeen's 'Ultras' sadly disbanded because their efforts were continually thwarted by the powers that be, home and away.

GreenCastle
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Sometimes you wonder what the SFA are thinking.

Do they want a respectable league that is competitive ?

Do they want atmosphere at games ?

Or do they want a boring structure that is rapidly needing changed and empty stadiums as the product on the park isn't good enough and the game day experience isn't there.

MacBean
09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll be sending out an email later this week with some details on this and how we are coming along. We may notice that this might stagnate for a short period until we hear of any further developments (whether that Fyfe or elsewhere) in the mean time encourage your friends etc to get signed up:thumbsup:

18Craig75
09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Might be worth mentioning something about unallocated seating. I.E pay at the gate fans would just ask for a ticket for the singing section and sit where they want within that section. Would probably mean having 'reserved' stickers on seats that belong to a season ticket holder but would make it easier for groups of friends to sit next to each other.

MSK
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
This is good .. YouTube - Paola Boys Hibs Ultras Corteo - 21st June 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hol2REQcXI&feature=related) :thumbsup:

Mister P
09-03-2010, 08:01 PM
This is good .. YouTube - Paola Boys Hibs Ultras Corteo - 21st June 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hol2REQcXI&feature=related)[/URL] :thumbsup:

aye...but can u imagine our stadium director being happy about guys turning up with megaphones etc:rolleyes:

MacBean
09-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Added to facebook:

pass round all your hibee pals...

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=352477186668&view=all#!/group.php?gid=352477186668 (http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=352477186668&view=all#!/group.php?gid=352477186668)

can someone inform Bounce and Mad?

Mikey
09-03-2010, 08:19 PM
aye...but can u imagine our stadium director being happy about guys turning up with megaphones etc:rolleyes:

Ask at the fans forums. They may be considered a dangerous weapon (in that they can be thrown) but you never know.

You can get quite small ones. They don't have to be muckle great things.

Mikey
09-03-2010, 08:25 PM
You can get a small megaphone on ebay for less than a fiver. I wouldn't waste money on it until you know it's allowed though.

Or you could take one to the forums and make sure you're heard :greengrin

MacBean
09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
You can get a small megaphone on ebay for less than a fiver. I wouldn't waste money on it until you know it's allowed though.

Or you could take one to the forums and make sure you're heard :greengrin
:faf:

120 Members! continues to grow! hoping it will get bigger with the inclusion of FB

DC_Hibs
09-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Very impressed with the efforts so far of the two guys who have got this off the ground.

Hopefully one or both of them will get the chance to attend one of the fans forums in view of the work undertaken so far. Once a place is confirmed they can then start to gather suggestions from all those interested parties..... but it seems to me that the most important thing to focus on is being given the opportunity by the club for this group to purchase seats together as that alone will help with the atmosphere in the new stand.

The other things like flags, megaphone, displays, jambo bashing etc can follow

As has been advised already on this thread, the first mug to mention a standing section at one of the forum could knacker things completely (see reasons given previously)

MacBean
09-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Very impressed with the efforts so far of the two guys who have got this off the ground.

Hopefully one or both of them will get the chance to attend one of the fans forums in view of the work undertaken so far. Once a place is confirmed they can then start to gather suggestions from all those interested parties..... but it seems to me that the most important thing to focus on is being given the opportunity by the club for this group to purchase seats together as that alone will help with the atmosphere in the new stand.

The other things like flags, megaphone, displays, jambo bashing etc can follow

As has been advised already on this thread, the first mug to mention a standing section at one of the forum could knacker things completely (see reasons given previously)

many thanks :thumbsup:
have to say John (Mister P) has been simply outstanding in helping set this up - even when he cant attend most games!!!

:top marks to John and thanks for all suggestions so far - all have been taken on board and all will get some consideration WHEN :wink: we get words with Hibs

Jamie
09-03-2010, 11:53 PM
No trying to piss on your parade 1875, I'm all for it, especially the lockers for flags idea, but where do you get the 120 names from, I just got round to signing it and it says there are only 42?

Is there a different link?

MacBean
10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
No trying to piss on your parade 1875, I'm all for it, especially the lockers for flags idea, but where do you get the 120 names from, I just got round to signing it and it says there are only 42?

Is there a different link?

the petition is only being singed by some and is something that is a bit of an extra (rebuff) to what were trying to do here (Fife Hyland is now on board :wink:)

Those who go through process of answering the three questions on the front page of the link as well as filling in thier name and email address send an automated email to a central email address (funny that) with their answers, names, ST numbers and email addresses on it that i have control over. I have counted the amount of emails we have received. (Which admittedly is considerably different to those who have filled out the petition)

so to answer the question yes the number on the petition is incorrect as not everyone is completing the FULL process by completing the short questionairre and the Petition. which is no problem what so ever as i have a list of names :greengrin:

Mister P
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
As Paul says above, the online form is the main thing and thats where all contact details etc can be gotten (is that a real word:rolleyes:), the petition afterwards is just an extra.
from the people who fill out the form Paul can get statistics, EG: 60% of the people are already ST for the east. from the walk up fans 70% said they would buy a ST in the singing section.....these stats aren't factual, just an example. just thought it might be of more interest to the club if they can see it's likely to increase ST sales:dunno:

Very pleased, but to be honest not surprised, at the support this has had:notworthy:

MacBean
10-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I have gone on to register for Hibees Bounce but it appears that the Username HFC_1875 is either in use or invalid. anyway have registered as paulmc_hfc but i am awaiting checking or something or other!?

in the mean time can someone post my above post regarding the numbers in the petition over there as it appears there is some confusion. also perhaps stick this thread link over there.

Mister P
10-03-2010, 10:29 AM
informed on the bounce post for you mate.

Chuck Rhoades
10-03-2010, 11:12 AM
It would be a good idea to all meet in a Pub pre-match. To see exactly the true numbers that we have behind this? We can introduce ourselves and get to know the faces of who is up for this.

Hope the club really look at this carefully and understand exactly what we are trying to do.

We are not looking to be rebels, cause trouble or be idiots. We are looking to create a positive atmosphere at Easter Road.

:notworthy:

Austinho
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Was on the terracing for the Carlisle v Millwall match last night, where the Carlisle fans had a drum. Made for a fantastic atmosphere, despite only being a couple of hundred fans in that section.

Would love to hear one at Easter Road.

Antifa Hibs
10-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Ask at the fans forums. They may be considered a dangerous weapon (in that they can be thrown) but you never know.

You can get quite small ones. They don't have to be muckle great things.

Aberdeen requested the use of a megaphone, and it got turned down on the grounds in could be used to evacuate the stadium. So your allowed a megaphone at Bayern Munich, Ajax and Inter but not at Aberdeen (or probably anyother SPL ground). This was by the same idiot that banned card displays as PAPER could be used as a missle, yes paper could be used as a weapon (:faf:) but so could hot pies, mobile phones and scolding bovril!

The authorities are so far behind in this country and so stupid its actually rather scary.

MSK
10-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Aberdeen requested the use of a megaphone, and it got turned down on the grounds in could be used to evacuate the stadium. So your allowed a megaphone at Bayern Munich, Ajax and Inter but not at Aberdeen (or probably anyother SPL ground). This was by the same idiot that banned card displays as PAPER could be used as a missle, yes paper could be used as a weapon (:faf:) but so could hot pies, mobile phones and scolding bovril!

The authorities are so far behind in this country and so stupid its actually rather scary.Never been hit in the eye wi a paper aeroplane ..?...bloody painful i tell ye ...:rolleyes:

mc5-the-don
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Never been hit in the eye wi a paper aeroplane ..?...bloody painful i tell ye ...:rolleyes:

After the card displays were finished, people just crumpled them up and chucked them in the air. A few bits landed on the pitch and the security officials went mental, as "something dangerous" could have been conceled inside the bits of paper....???!

Our Ultras were also told they were not allowed to do large displays when we were playing the Old Firm, in case it incited their fans...?!!!

Unbelievable....

MSK
10-03-2010, 03:39 PM
After the card displays were finished, people just crumpled them up and chucked them in the air. A few bits landed on the pitch and the security officials went mental, as "something dangerous" could have been conceled inside the bits of paper....???!

Our Ultras were also told they were not allowed to do large displays when we were playing the Old Firm, in case it incited their fans...?!!!

Unbelievable....I think the word "Ultra" has been taken a bit too seriously by the men in suits dont ye think ..?..as in "ultra cautious" !!!..:agree:

Antifa Hibs
10-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Unbelievable....

You been part of the plans at Aberdeen to do something similar to what this thread is about m8? Plans to turn the Merkland (I think) into s singing section? Think there was a meeting between fans at the Broadhill bar, anything came of it?

MacBean
10-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Now that we have the support of hibs on board we should be looking to make this thing more official within time. the next stage for us is the fans forum and discussions with Hibs about a way forward.

Im sure most of you already have but even if you forward on this thread to your friends/family and get one friend each to join in then our numbers will rapidly continue to increase.

I haven't had a chance to check how many have answered the call today but will do later tonight and hopefully get an email out to similar effect of this post to those who have joined through the other forums/ means.

If you know any friends/family who are interested give them the heads up and register them yourselves if you know their email address.

In the meantime we can only continue to grow our numbers and strengthen the support behind this.

Once again many thanks for turning this into a reality

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

MacBean
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Just sent an email out to those who have joined. here is the message below for those who haven't joined yet (Why not :wink:) here it is below. I have edited it ever so slightly.

Hi,

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you for showing your support to the group.

I have been in contact with Hibernian FC and have arranged to get myself to the up coming Fans' Forums and will be in touch with Fife Hyland regarding the growth of this group. Already there have been some suggestions, and I will continue to correspond with the club, however until I have something official to say I will not divulge any information!!

At this moment at time we have around 150 names that have come forward in support of the group and have shown and interest to join a supporters group within the East Stand. This is obviously still in the extremely early days of development and requires a lot of time and attention in the coming weeks.

Please continue to grow our numbers and raise awareness of the group itself.

Any suggestions for the group itself or for me to carry forward to the Fans Forums please post on the Threads or on our Facebook page (link below)

Apologies for the slow movement of things at the moment but please continue to pass on as much info to all your friends and family as possible and encourage as many people to join in!!

For those of you on Hibees bounce. I have just joined the forum under the name of 'paulmc_hfc'. I mainly use hibs.net under the username HFC_1875

http://hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177069 (http://hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177069) (hibs.net thread)
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94757 (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94757) (hibees bounce thread)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=mf (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=mf) (Facebook Page)
www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm (http://www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm) (sign up page)

All the Best and Glory Glory

Paul McBeath

HFC_1875 & paulmc_hfc

EDIT:

ANYONE AN ADMIN ON HIBEES BOUNCE CAN THEY VERIFY MY POSTS PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE :greengrin:

green&left
11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Good to see things progressing.

What will the next step be? Meeting between the fans? Meeting with the club etc?

MacBean
11-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Good to see things progressing.

What will the next step be? Meeting between the fans? Meeting with the club etc?

At the moment all we can do is wait unfortunately. Our first major stride will be getting involed at the Fans Forum. I will be there and will certainly speak about this at the meeting.

What we CAN do now is get ideas and suggestiong for the group there are several things that will need sorting out:

Meeting points?
Pub?
Name?
Flags?
"Choir Leader"?
etc... etc...

There are loads of things that we could chat about and loads of things we will need to put our heads together and sort out, but we need to get the green light from HFC before we take giant leaps forward.

As you can imagine i have a working life to :wink: and can only spend a limited time on this at the moment until things take significant strides forward.

Chuck Rhoades
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
At the moment all we can do is wait unfortunately. Our first major stride will be getting involed at the Fans Forum. I will be there and will certainly speak about this at the meeting.

What we CAN do now is get ideas and suggestiong for the group there are several things that will need sorting out:

Meeting points?
Pub?
Name?
Flags?
"Choir Leader"?
etc... etc...

There are loads of things that we could chat about and loads of things we will need to put our heads together and sort out, but we need to get the green light from HFC before we take giant leaps forward.

As you can imagine i have a working life to :wink: and can only spend a limited time on this at the moment until things take significant strides forward.

I am all up for meeting in a Pub on Saturday before the game? Exchange numbers/names etc.

MacBean
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I am all up for meeting in a Pub on Saturday before the game? Exchange numbers/names etc.

this will certainly happen at one stage in the building of the group (i think its a given since we'll all be beside eachother in the stadium)

the problem being is allocating a pub that everyone is happy with and that is happy with us being there!

This will all wittle down to contacts etc...

There is alot of stuff that i need to sort out on this obviously but with how new the group is (literally 3 days!!) i dont want to take too many serious steps until i have various stages sorted out first.:thumbsup:

RIP
12-03-2010, 08:10 AM
this will certainly happen at one stage in the building of the group (i think its a given since we'll all be beside eachother in the stadium)

the problem being is allocating a pub that everyone is happy with and that is happy with us being there!

This will all wittle down to contacts etc...

There is alot of stuff that i need to sort out on this obviously but with how new the group is (literally 3 days!!) i dont want to take too many serious steps until i have various stages sorted out first.:thumbsup:

Any chance Hibs will build another pub like BTG in the new East Stand?

Peevemor
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Any chance Hibs will build another pub like BTG in the new East Stand?

Not straight away as it would have had to be included in the planning application.

That doesn't rule it out for the future though.

WindyMiller
12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
You been part of the plans at Aberdeen to do something similar to what this thread is about m8? Plans to turn the Merkland (I think) into s singing section? Think there was a meeting between fans at the Broadhill bar, anything came of it?

I think he covers that in post 55.

Lmc2105
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM
surely the Hibs club would be a good metting point up stairs is always empty!! :thumbsup:

MacBean
12-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Certainly all options we can consider and enquire about.
Keep the ideas & Registrations coming there have been several people join the Facebook page that aren't singed up so i think the number is nearer 170 at the moment.

I know this has kinda stagnated at the moment but until there are further developments theres not a lot we can do except put our heads together!

RIP
12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Surely the Hibs Club would be a good meeting point. Up stairs is always empty!! :thumbsup:

Event: Hibs Supporters Meeting

Venue: Hibs Supporters Club

Yup! Makes sense:thumbsup:

The_Todd
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
How's about fans like me who are not ST holders, but go to plenty matches a season and like singing?

Any chance we can be worked into your request to have a section set aside?

Mister P
12-03-2010, 06:29 PM
How's about fans like me who are not ST holders, but go to plenty matches a season and like singing?

thats exactly the position I'd be in mate. I'd expect that if a section is acknowledged as the singing section, not all the seats will be taken by ST holders. therefore to get one of the remaining seats it'll be first in the stand to grab them :dunno:

at the end of the day, anyone who doesnt get into this section would just pleace themselves right next to it.....and thus the secion would expand naturally....which is the whole point:dunno:
then next season you can request your ST in amoungst/right next to the singing bit:wink:

MacBean
12-03-2010, 07:28 PM

this is something we are incorporating into this.

Say we get circa 600 seats and we have 400 "members" who are season ticket holders. we wouldn't place the 400 "members" right next to eachother seat by seat, we would leave some gaps of say 2/3/4 seats up to 200 for pay at the gate "members" who want to join in the banter and singing of the group but wont be there every week and obviously as we grow more people will sit closer to the designated singing section!

Black Kyle
13-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Great idea, worthy of further discussion and developing proposals to put to the club ahead of any fans forums.

I was down at Forest and Wigan last season, both clubs had 'signing sections' - Forest at the far end of the old main stand, near to the away end and Wigan in the stand opposite the main one but again next to the away end. Don't know if either was 'official' but it was all singing, all standing!

Might be worthwhile doing some research as to how this works in Engerlund through fans web forums?

Black Kyle
13-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Great idea, worthy of further discussion and developing proposals to put to the club ahead of any fans forums.

I was down at Forest and Wigan last season, both clubs had 'signing sections' - Forest at the far end of the old main stand, near to the away end and Wigan in the stand opposite the main one but again next to the away end. Don't know if either was 'official' but it was all singing, all standing!

Might be worthwhile doing some research as to how this works in Engerlund through fans web forums?

Before anyone says, the fans were not signing autographs............

madgoalie87
14-03-2010, 09:29 PM
thats me signed up. great idea imo:thumbsup:

California-Hibs
14-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Thats me signed! Would be great if this happens. Would DEFINATLY generate a better atmospher at Easter Road! :thumbsup:

Thomson1875
14-03-2010, 10:00 PM
how many people signed up now then?

Ryan91
14-03-2010, 10:53 PM
On the Facebook Group 72 Members (73 if you include Macar :wink:) and only 50 signatures on the petition. For those that want to sign here is the link - http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34527.html (http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34527.html) and for those intersted in joining the FB group go here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=mf (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=mf)

Mister P
14-03-2010, 11:23 PM
how many people signed up now then?

a current total of 153 individual people who have completed the online form.:notworthy:

add to that the facebook members and the people who signed the petition.

Paul, maybe an idea to email everyone on the list and give them a link asking them to also sign the petition.:dunno:

LancashireHibby
14-03-2010, 11:49 PM

I know that in Wigan's case it was a natural gravitation towards the away end when the away allocation etc was switched when they got promoted; not something endorsed by the club as such, but generally acknowledged as the main 'singing section'.

RIP
15-03-2010, 08:22 AM
a current total of 153 individual people who have completed the online form.:notworthy:

add to that the facebook members and the people who signed the petition.

Paul, maybe an idea to email everyone on the list and give them a link asking them to also sign the petition.:dunno:

I had to register with facebook and work oot how not to complete the petition incorrectly :greengrin

Online form?

Can we have a wee summary of where we are i.e. ?

Online form, link, what it does, numbers
Petition, link, what it does, numbers
Facebook Group, link, what it does, numbers

MacBean
15-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I had to register with facebook and work oot how not to complete the petition incorrectly :greengrin

Online form?

Can we have a wee summary of where we are i.e. ?
Online form, link, what it does, numbers
Petition, link, what it does, numbers
Facebook Group, link, what it does, numbers

Online form more or less registers your name and email address with us. (around 150-160 numbers)
Petition follows the online form which is an optional extra. It more or less re-iterates the Online form.
Facebook group there are 70-80 members not all of who are signed up on the Online form.

All three are more or less ways to increase our numbers.

~All the links are on my post from 10/3/10~

On the Facebook Group 72 Members (73 if you include Macar :wink:) and only 50 signatures on the petition. For those that want to sign here is the link - http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34527.html (http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34527.html) and for those intersted in joining the FB group go here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7186668&ref=mf (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=mf)

please ingore the numbers from the Petition, as mentioned in previous posts this is not a true reflection of how many have joined as not all people who have joined have signed the petition.

:thumbsup:

Mister P
16-03-2010, 09:49 PM
If Im speaking out of turn here Paul I appologise.

I suppose what Paul is doing here is collecting the contact details for as many people as possible who want to be part of this, then going to the club and letting them know how popular the idea is, then with the clubs approval emailing everyone who's signed up (hence why the online form is the most important part) and saying " the club have agreed to do this...heres what to do next"

So basically Paul is willing to do the donkey work entirely off his own back for the sake of creating a better atmosphere at Easter Road for all his fellow Hibbies.:dunno: he's not trying to create a club/group/ etc.

RIP
16-03-2010, 10:51 PM
If Im speaking out of turn here Paul I appologise.

I suppose what Paul is doing here is collecting the contact details for as many people as possible who want to be part of this, then going to the club and letting them know how popular the idea is, then with the clubs approval emailing everyone who's signed up (hence why the online form is the most important part) and saying " the club have agreed to do this...heres what to do next"

So basically Paul is willing to do the donkey work entirely off his own back for the sake of creating a better atmosphere at Easter Road for all his fellow Hibbies.:dunno: he's not trying to create a club/group/ etc.

If there was an active body of fans set up to do this then I would understand the need for clarification R

But as there doesn't seem to be an active Hibs fans group at the moment, I can't see anything other than good coming out of this activity. Presumably if it gathers steam it will need a bit of organisation on a regular basis to build it up year on year.

If you are saying Paul will need more help you can count me in

Joe Baker II
17-03-2010, 11:58 AM
If anyone has Fyfe Hyland's email address can they PM me it please i cannot find it on the fishy site (didnt think i would either) :thumbsup:

FHyland@hibernianfc.co.uk