PDA

View Full Version : Rangers talking cobblers

Liberal Hibby
08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Looks like the man who took over Northampton town might be taking over Rangers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8553269.stm

The headline possibilities if he's successful are endless...

Keith_M
08-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but could someone explain how this works.

Rangers are £31 Million in debt. This guy wants to pay £33 Million to MIH to buy the club. If so, £33M goes to MIH and the club are still £31M in debt.

How exactly is this helpful to Rangers?

:confused:

GraniteCityHibs
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM
yup,

you could have

RANGERS TALKING COBBLERS

and erm...................

erm...............

Oh, that's it!:wink:

Peevemor
08-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Rangers are £31 Million in debt. This guy wants to pay £33 Million to MIH to buy the club. If so, £33M goes to MIH and the club are still £31M in debt.

Maybe the guy's finances are in a better state than MIH? :dunno:

erskine-hibby
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM

If he is willing to pump more money into them, as Murray obviously isn't, then it will be benificial to them.

Part/Time Supporter
08-03-2010, 03:27 PM
If he is willing to pump more money into them, as Murray obviously isn't, then it will be benificial to them.

The guy's track record with the two English teams doesn't suggest that. What he did try to do with both of them was sell city centre grounds and move out of town (funny that, given that he is a property developer).

Seems a bit small time for the Huns IMO. Beggars and choosers comes to mind.

Part/Time Supporter
08-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Maybe the guy's finances are in a better state than MIH? :dunno:

Your average man in the street's finances are in a better state than MIH.

:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
The guy's track record with the two English teams doesn't suggest that. What he did try to do with both of them was sell city centre grounds and move out of town (funny that, given that he is a property developer).

Will he get much money for prime land in govan :greengrin

Jack
08-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Just a wee change PTS. :greengrin

Bigots cannot be choosers.

ancienthibby
08-03-2010, 03:57 PM

IF this deal is done and that's still a very big IF, £31 million or thereabouts will go to the bank, and the rest to MIH.

The bank will call the shots on this one - no one else!!

:greengrin

Kaiser1962
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
IF this deal is done and that's still a very big IF, £31 million or thereabouts will go to the bank, and the rest to MIH.

and if he try's to sell Ibrox against the wishes of the Hun Hordes then "shots" from the bank wont be the only shots fired. The guy, like most outside Scotland/Ireland, does not have a clue about Rangers or Celtic. Not a scooby.

KerPlunk
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Will be interesting to see who eventually takes the reins at the Reichstadion. Murray's 20 year tenure was certainly colourful, revolutionary and his commitment provided the foundation for an amazing run of success during the first 10 - 12 years.
Another important factor may have been the fact that he was a Scot who "understood" the Hun mindset.
Highly unlikely that some English property developer is going to bring those dubious qualities to the table and commit to maintaining the OF duopoly - in fact, once this guy finds out just what drives the Glasgow rivalry, I reckon he'll run a mile.

As for Murray's promise to only sell to someone "who has Rangers best interests at heart" - :faf: :faf:

Personally, I'm praying that Aleksandr Gaydamak buys them and a sustained period of painful decline follows.

Liberal Hibby
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
yup,

you could have

RANGERS TALKING COBBLERS

and erm...................

erm...............

Oh, that's it!:wink:

A load of old cobblers!:wink:

Jack
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Will be interesting to see who eventually takes the reins at the Reichstadion. Murray's 20 year tenure was certainly colourful, revolutionary and his commitment provided the foundation for an amazing run of success during the first 10 - 12 years.
Another important factor may have been the fact that he was a Scot who "understood" the Hun mindset.
Highly unlikely that some English property developer is going to bring those dubious qualities to the table and commit to maintaining the OF duopoly - in fact, once this guy finds out just what drives the Glasgow rivalry, I reckon he'll run a mile.

As for Murray's promise to only sell to someone "who has Rangers best interests at heart" - :faf: :faf:

Personally, I'm praying that Aleksandr Gaydamak buys them and a sustained period of painful decline follows.

I’ve been saying that for as long as the OF have been up for sale.

Celtc talk about having huge backers but I’ve not seen them pouring any money in, in fact they’ve been quite quiet about the stake in this half of the erse.

As for der hun (and much of this applies to Celtc as well). Besides their annual bigotfests and riots all over Europe that regularly hit the headlines; besides their fans obsessions with groups no normal person would associate with; besides ‘wee ditties’ chanted from the stands that make reasonable people baulk; besides their unsavoury street toilet manners; besides dragging Murray into the gutter along with them; besides all that there's much, much more.

Murray has had the club up for sale for years, its not difficult to see why no-one with so much as an ounce of common sense has been in touch.

It is really difficult to see where that club can go from where it is now – I suspect not even the fans would be able to put up the money (que the droll dole jokes) to bail the club out.

erskine-hibby
08-03-2010, 05:09 PM

I did say 'if'.
But as you say it could be a case of beggars can't be choosers.
Doesn't sound like it could be a good deal to me. The main assets, as far as i'm aware of is the ground and if you say he tries to sell off Ibrox he would be in a world of bother with the fans, i'm sure:agree:.
Plus I'm pretty sure the main stand building is listed, so more complications if so.

noseyhibby
08-03-2010, 06:22 PM

I really don't see why a certain Mr Romanov (using one of his ex-iron curtain dubious henchmen/buddies as cover) doesn't dip into his bottomless pockets and splash out on buying Rangers. This way he can fulfill his dream of revolutionising Scottish football from within by dismantling one of the old firm and ensuring that Ibrox is filled with bus-loads of dodgy Lithuanians. In fact, Rangers could serve as the feeder club for Kaunas via Hearts of course, who get first pickings. This is surely too good an opportunity to miss for a man who likes to buy a clubs debt and then say he has no debt. He'd be a fool not to give himself a chance of owing himself another £31 million

ancienthibby
08-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I really don't see why a certain Mr Romanov (using one of his ex-iron curtain dubious henchmen/buddies as cover) doesn't dip into his bottomless pockets and splash out on buying Rangers. This way he can fulfill his dream of revolutionising Scottish football from within by dismantling one of the old firm and ensuring that Ibrox is filled with bus-loads of dodgy Lithuanians. In fact, Rangers could serve as the feeder club for Kaunas via Hearts of course, who get first pickings. This is surely too good an opportunity to miss for a man who likes to buy a clubs debt and then say he has no debt. He'd be a fool not to give himself a chance of owing himself another £31 million

That could well be true!!

But when have you ever heard of Lithuania beating GB (ok read Scotland at anything??)

ok, SO THERE WAS that TENNIS RESULT!!:devil:

jgl07
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Not so. You have swallowed the Murray big lie.

Rangers under Souness were winning titles long before Murray set foot at Ibrox. Murray stepped in and tried to take the credit.

Murray was also very good as spending other peoples' investment. Better than pumping his own money into the club anyway.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Rangers under Souness were winning titles long before Murray set foot at Ibrox. Murray stepped in and tried to take the credit.

Murray was also very good as spending other peoples' investment. Better than pumping his own money into the club anyway.

Quite. Just because that garage owner who took the real risk and rebuilt Ibrox and the Falkirk joiner who looked like Lloyd Bridges who brought in Souness both had all the charisma of Gary MacKay's last sofa, doesn't mean that they should be erased from history or hunstory.

KerPlunk
08-03-2010, 10:21 PM

Drat. :rolleyes: I crave your forgiveness as I'm not exactly A.J.P. Taylor when it comes to history.
Especially history as pertaining to the Huns.
:hnetinq:

greenginger
08-03-2010, 11:27 PM
No Andrew Ellis to be found anywhere in last year's Sunday Times Rich List.

The list covers all people in U. K. with wealth £30 million and more.

Looks like he'll have to get Rangers to borrow the money to lend to him to pay M.I.M. Hopefully a real mess in the making :devil:

Bad Martini
09-03-2010, 12:09 PM
...at this point, I hope to see some mega trillionaire Celtc follower snapping the huns up, renaming them St Patricks United, altering the strips to green and banning all red, white and blue flags.

...the carnage, would be vintage :devil::devil::devil:

Failing that, I hope some Eastern-European business man with a penchant for Scottish football teams/toys comes into the picture with a fax machine in one hand a nuclear powered sub in the other :thumbsup:

:agree: