PDA

View Full Version : Stokes Goal

TonyStokeprano
08-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know why stoke's goal was disallowed on saturday?

PaulSmith
08-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know why stoke's goal was disallowed on saturday?

If it was from the one that Murray crossed to him it was for offside against Murray rather than Stokes.

greenlex
08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
If it was from the one that Murray crossed to him it was for offside against Murray rather than Stokes.

****ing liberty it us too. Stokes was offside as Murray who was onside ran onto the ball at the other side of the pitch. He thenclips it back to stokes who is at this point onside.

TonyStokeprano
08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I had a great view and I'm 100% sure there was no offsides.

Part/Time Supporter
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
****ing liberty it us too. Stokes was offside as Murray who was onside ran onto the ball at the other side of the pitch. He thenclips it back to stokes who is at this point onside.

Yet the free kick was taken from the Hibs left (ie nearer where Murray had been).

Hibs seem to have had the trainee referees for the last two games.

Hibs Class
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
if I remember correctly, I think the ball was played forward to Riordan, who then played it forward to Murray. I reckoned that Murray was onside when it was played by Riordan, but may have been off when it was played to Riordan and it was given when he became active by receiving the pass. (Could be completely wrong though).

steviecarnie
08-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Hibs seem to have had the trainee referees for the last two games.

don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the linesman on the side of the west stand hardly made a decision for himself, he waited until the ref had made his mind up, then raised or pointed his flag in that direction.......absolutely useless.

speedy_gonzales
08-03-2010, 03:44 PM
don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the linesman on the side of the west stand hardly made a decision for himself, he waited until the ref had made his mind up, then raised or pointed his flag in that direction.......absolutely useless.

Isn't that the way for ALL 'assistant referees' these days?
It's getting beyond a joke, it's obvious to everyone in the ground who put the ball out of play but the linesman waits until the referee points before raising his flag in whatever direction.
The only time that I can recall a linesman challenging a ref was at ER, and unfortunately for us, the daftie was wrong. A few years back now, we were playing Celtic, they scored (against the run of play I remember) but the linesman reckoned the celtic player that laid on the ball for the goal had been off-side when he received it, however the referee correctly over-ruled and awarded the goal as it was our player, Boozy, that for reasons unknown, played the ball back into our box. Anyway, the linesman got a pie on the heid for his trouble!

PaulSmith
08-03-2010, 04:03 PM

If you watch closely enough you'll see that the asst ref will be making discreet signals to show which way he thinks that throw in should go if he's unsure, the referee will either follow this signal or advise the asst ref to flag in the other direction by making the decision himself.

Saves one going one way and the other the other.

Absolutely madness that no one has yet noticed this! :greengrin

Alex Trager
08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I had a great view and I'm 100% sure there was no offsides.
this

jgl07
08-03-2010, 05:23 PM
The other issue that concerned me was for the Hibs penalty.

There was a Kilmarnock defending standing inside the D as Benji took the kick.

Guess who was first to the ball after the Harpo Marx lookalike goalkeeper parried the spot kick?

The penalty should have been retaken.

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 01:10 PM
It was Murray that was offside, didn't look it at the game though, typical of them not to include it in the highlights.:grr: