PDA

View Full Version : Yams Metlitski (who he?!) picks Hearts team

PaulSmith
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
In the EEN with regards the Goncalves affair, Jeffries replied:

"I report to the sport director (Alexandr Metlitski]. I told him the situation that we needed to play Jose and he agreed."

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2010, 12:47 PM
In the EEN with regards the Goncalves affair:

"I report to the sport director (Alexandr Metlitski]. I told him the situation that we needed to play Jose and he agreed."

Who is the quote attributed to?

Bad Martini
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Mr V Romanov I think? :greengrin

Ritchie
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM

fat jim

scott7_0(Prague)
08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
fat jim

knew!

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
knew!

..or, rather, in this case, didn't until he'd spoken to Metal Mickeyski.

The_Todd
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I thought the arrival of Fat Jimbo heralded the start of a new era where the Hearts manager picked the Hearts team (a revolutionary new idea for Scottish football, natch).

Somehow, the fact that Fat Jim has to seek permission to play certain players (his best player at that) from some shady character in the board room blows that nice wee fantasy out the water.

Could you imagine it happening here? Yogi: "I asked (begged) Scott Lindsay if I was allowed to play Stokes and he said agreed on this occasion" - there would be a fair backlash towards the club by our fans.

Spineless.

Mikey
08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Could you imagine it happening here? Yogi: "I asked (begged) Scott Lindsay if I was allowed to play Stokes and he said agreed on this occasion" - there would be a fair backlash towards the club by our fans.

Spineless.

Indeed. But over the road they're happy to make excuses and pass it off as normal.

EskbankHibby
08-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I thought the arrival of Fat Jimbo heralded the start of a new era where the Hearts manager picked the Hearts team (a revolutionary new idea for Scottish football, natch).

Somehow, the fact that Fat Jim has to seek permission to play certain players (his best player at that) from some shady character in the board room blows that nice wee fantasy out the water.

Spineless.

Exactly.

Absolutely blows out of the water any pretense that this was Jumbo's idea in the first place.

Actually makes me cringe to think of how a previously respected football man has been reduced to such a pitiful puppet.

Beefster
08-03-2010, 01:16 PM
This is perfectly normal behaviour at big clubs with aspirations of winning the Champions League. Abramovich has final say on Ancelotti's team selections and I'm almost certain that Ferguson runs his thoughts on the team by Daddy Glazer prior to announcing it.

It's only Hobos having wet dreams about this being anything other than the norm. Just because their manager picks the team doesn't mean that it's the best way to do things.

©10pointsback.co.uk

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
They're making progress though apparently - they've sacked the manager who got them 3rd in the SPL and MOY award, and replaced that shambles with fat Jim knew!

i think you're all a bit envious myself!

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
All together now

:singing:

" I wonder if one day that you say that you care :blah::blah::blah::blah:

Like a puppet on a string"

:spammy: Good lad Jim, that's the spirit

brog
08-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Actually my pores are fair oozing with jealousy that we don't have a Director of Football to help us make these decisions! That's what differentiates a big team from a wee team after all. :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
08-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Indeed. But over the road they're happy to make excuses and pass it off as normal.

It's normal for them

:faf:

KerPlunk
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
This is perfectly normal behaviour at big clubs with aspirations of winning the Champions League. Abramovich has final say on Ancelotti's team selections and I'm almost certain that Ferguson runs his thoughts on the team by Daddy Glazer prior to announcing it.

It's only Hobos having wet dreams about this being anything other than the norm. Just because their manager picks the team doesn't mean that it's the best way to do things.

©10pointsback.co.uk

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Private Pyle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZI4ydY6R8)

Jack
08-03-2010, 02:23 PM

©10pointsback.co.uk

That’s a dandy that one! I can just imagine the scene. :faf: You could run the Flying Scotsman down to Manchester on the steam.

No! The whole thing about Alexandr Metlitski picking the team is that Fat Jim Knew and can honestly say :fibber: that he does not have to ask Mr Romanov about team selection. :spammy:

He has to ask Alexandr Metlitski about team selection and he has already been given his orders by the Mad One. Simples! :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-03-2010, 09:14 PM
How that fat backstabbing disaster can work with Metlitski, I have no idea.

Metlitski is nothing more than a clipe, an assessor, a wee boy that runs off to Uncle Vlad at the end of every day to report on FatJimKnew.

Could you do a full shift at work with someone senior watching your every move whilst you're fully in the knowledge that everything you do and say is getting reported back to the head honcho?

Yet, still, still, F****NG STILL, that spineless shower of yellow-cardigan-wearing flumps from across the road endorse it and pass it off as normal business practice. It almost annoys me how gutless and pitiful their fans are.

Can you imagine Yogi putting the players through their drills at East Mains with Scott Lindsay standing nearby scribbling the action down on an A4 bit of paper ready to be faxed over to Petrie?

Talk about feeling undermined and under pressure.

Vlad still runs the show (not that it was in doubt), the Goncalves episode rubber-stamps that one.

When it all goes t1ts-up for the big breasted Jefferies, is it gonna be Vlad's fault or Metlitski's fault when he gets the bullet? Will we be asking who shot FJK?

And more to the point, will we see those helmets from across the road ripping down their Jefferies posters, denying his once heroic status and declare that he was killing the club every day?

Only at Hearts, only at f****ng Hearts.

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
..or, rather, in this case, didn't until he'd spoken to Metal Mickeyski.

After Metal received Vlad's expert view on this issue.:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
It's the reason I would LOVE Hearts to go out of business.

Their fans do not deserve a club. They have had the soul ripped out their club, made to be the laughing stock of football, debt has went through the roof and into outer space, one embarrassment after another, and now Fat Jim Knew can't play players without reporting to some noddy.

Are Hearts fans angry? Do they demand action to be taken? Do they do anything?

No, they sit about having a wee chug over 108 years and attendances.

They are spineless cowards who are a disgrace to their (pre-Romanov times) club.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Metlitski is nothing more than a clipe, an assessor, a wee boy that runs off to Uncle Vlad at the end of every day to report on FatJimKnew.

Could you do a full shift at work with someone senior watching your every move whilst you're fully in the knowledge that everything you do and say is getting reported back to the head honcho?

Yet, still, still, F****NG STILL, that spineless shower of yellow-cardigan-wearing flumps from across the road endorse it and pass it off as normal business practice. It almost annoys me how gutless and pitiful their fans are.

Can you imagine Yogi putting the players through their drills at East Mains with Scott Lindsay standing nearby scribbling the action down on an A4 bit of paper ready to be faxed over to Petrie?

Vlad still runs the show (not that it was in doubt), the Goncalves episode rubber-stamps that one.

When it all goes t1ts-up for the big breasted Jefferies, is it gonna be Vlad's fault or Metlitski's fault when he gets the bullet? Will we be asking who shot FJK?

And more to the point, will we see those helmets from across the road ripping down their Jefferies posters, denying his once heroic status and declare that he was killing the club every day?

Deserves to be a thread title.

The_Todd
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Deserves to be a thread title.

First derby after FJK gets sacked we should all wear tshirts with "I shot FJK"

KerPlunk
08-03-2010, 10:26 PM

The Grassy Knollists.
:wink:

MSK
08-03-2010, 10:27 PM
First derby after FJK gets sacked we should all wear tshirts with "I shot FJK":greengrin

Baader
08-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Will we be asking who shot FJK?

Beauty! :thumbsup:

For what it's worth my prediction will be Lee Wallace Oswald...

dangermouse
09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
The Grassy Knollists.
:wink:

:faf::faf::faf:

Phil D. Rolls
09-03-2010, 04:01 PM
knew!

No Hearts have been doing it for years.

Mellow Hibee
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
JJ inherited a problem between goncalves and romanov. they are short of players for a match so jj talks to the sporting director about playing a player the club say wont play. the sporting director agrees the situation merits a rethink.

trying but for the life of me I can't find the funny bit

FJK declared that he picked the team and that not playing Goncalves was his decision.

Due to injuries he decides he wants to play Goncalves. Does he stick the name on the team sheet? No he goes to the SD (who reports to Vlad) and ASKS if he can play him.

Enough proof that Vlad decides on who plays.

Now this might not be the end of the world in a team which was not riddled with debt but in Hearts case it shows that there is a serious contradiction;

Vlad wants to recoup money (signing then selling Goncalves)

Fans want to field a decent team (play Goncalves)

FJK has obviously decided that reducing the debt is now his main priority (given the fact that Vlad is in charge)

The funny part is watching a manager getting judged on results when his real No 1 priority is to make money for the owner. And of course watching the Jambos see their performances suffer while any saleable asset is blackmailed/sold and poor 1st devision players become normal signings.

poolman
09-03-2010, 06:23 PM

He might look like this PH

http://regmedia.co.uk/2005/06/07/beaten_up.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
He might look like this PH

http://regmedia.co.uk/2005/06/07/beaten_up.jpg

And that's just the injuries sustained after a wayward squiggler from John Rankin......who was on a different pitch.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Beauty! :thumbsup:

For what it's worth my prediction will be Lee Wallace Oswald...

:gun:

Bostonhibby
09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Most big clubs, now have Directors of Football, we all remember how well it has worked at say Spurs with David Pleat, or Denis Wise at Newcastle, the results and progress at their clubs at the time require no justification, on this occasion, our innovative and far sighted neighbours are simply using 23rd century technology by replacing fallible humans (who also tend to have a backbone and argue occasionally) with cutting edge football orientated technology. So long as you have 50p for the meter, its the future.

I have tracked down the prototype, just hope they haven't patented him and therefore ensured that long overdue CL victory, megasuperstadiumhotel:blah:

Pedantic_Hibee
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Most big clubs, now have Directors of Football, we all remember how well it has worked at say Spurs with David Pleat, or Denis Wise at Newcastle, the results and progress at their clubs at the time require no justification, on this occasion, our innovative and far sighted neighbours are simply using 23rd century technology by replacing fallible humans (who also tend to have a backbone and argue occasionally) with cutting edge football orientated technology. So long as you have 50p for the meter, its the future.

I have tracked down the prototype, just hope they haven't patented him and therefore ensured that long overdue CL victory, megasuperstadiumhotel:blah:

You post that image at the same time I change my name to HoboCop.....that's uncanny :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
10-03-2010, 02:05 AM

:faf:

jacomo
10-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Ah make the decisions, right? If I want one sugar or two sugars in ma tea, that's entirely up to me...

Metal Mickey whispers in FJK's ear to remind him about the new cost-cutting drive at the canteen.

...er, aye, and having chatted with the Sporting Director, ah've decided that ah want one sugar. Right?

poolman
10-03-2010, 12:45 PM
JJ inherited a problem between goncalves and romanov. they are short of players for a match so jj talks to the sporting director about playing a player the club say wont play. the sporting director agrees the situation merits a rethink.

trying but for the life of me I can't find the funny bit

FJK and the Lith contingency are to have a pow-wow

Maybes they're gonna trawl the Austrian Tyrol for a new Pittenweem or perhaps a month in Lanzarote checking out the waiters :bye:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Romanov-to-meet-Hearts-boss.6138060.jp

PaulSmith
10-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Rather than start a new thread the EEN is going with a story that Jeffries position as manager will be revieved in May. Quotes from both parties to confirm this and FJK also states that his remit was to ensure Hearts finish in the top 6.

C'mon the Aberdeen !!! :greengrin

KerPlunk
10-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Rather than start a new thread the EEN is going with a story that Jeffries position as manager will be revieved in May. Quotes from both parties to confirm this and FJK also states that his remit was to ensure Hearts finish in the top 6.

C'mon the Aberdeen !!! :greengrin

St. J also - they have 3 games in hand over the Yams - if they were to win them all................:wink: