PDA

View Full Version : Same points as last season already

PatHead
07-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Haven't seen anyone else mention it so thought I would make my first thread a positive one. Notice the 3 points on Saturday meant we have matched last season's total. 2 more goals and we match last season's total. Does this make this season a success yet?

Darth Hibbie
08-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Haven't seen anyone else mention it so thought I would make my first thread a positive one. Notice the 3 points on Saturday meant we have matched last season's total. 2 more goals and we match last season's total. Does this make this season a success yet?

I would say its a big improvement and much better than last season. We will see if it is a success at the end of the season. Despite the recent poor form there is still plenty to be happy with.

andrew_dundee
08-03-2010, 12:01 AM
hi Mixu

PatHead
08-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Wish he had got either Mwell or Arab jobs and we would be only competing with one other for 3rd place

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Looked at in that light (as it should be) the progress we've made is nothing short of astonishing under Yogi this season. Chuck in the construction of a new stand and we don't really have a lot to complain about if the truth be told.

Yes, there have been frustrations, but I think we should really cut back on the moaning and enjoy the rest of the season, taking anything good that further comes our way as a bonus.

AgentDaleCooper
08-03-2010, 01:46 AM

doesn't mean we couldn't finish with the same points as last season:devil:

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Apparently the players are pish, and the manager does not have a scooby.:confused:

MussyHibby
08-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Looked at in that light (as it should be) the progress we've made is nothing short of astonishing under Yogi this season. Chuck in the construction of a new stand and we don't really have a lot to complain about if the truth be told.

Yes, there have been frustrations, but I think we should really cut back on the moaning and enjoy the rest of the season, taking anything good that further comes our way as a bonus.

:agree: Congratulations to the Hibees!

Now in the mood to go and get my cup tickets. :agree:

HFC 0-7
08-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Apparently the players are pish, and the manager does not have a scooby.:confused:

Who said that?

Hibbyradge
08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Interestingly, we had 36 points after 28 games last season which means we took 11 points from our last 10 games.

If we can win and draw against Dundee United, we won't need many more than that to secure third.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Who said that?

Really?:faf:

HibeeUnderwood
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice to see the return of positivity :wink:

Keep up the good work Hibbys! :thumbsup:

P.S. Season's not over yet but is certainly a step up from last seasons pish :agree:

erskine-hibby
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM

It is cerainly a vast improvement on last season that's for sure.
As for success...as the season has progressed the expectation levels have risen, so true success can not be measured yet.
If we finish 3rd or, dare I say it, win the...no I won't, then that certainly would be success. If, however, we fail to qualify for Europe and fail to...well you know, It will just be seen as good progress.

HFC 0-7
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
It is cerainly a vast improvement on last season that's for sure.
As for success...as the season has progressed the expectation levels have risen, so true success can not be measured yet.
If we finish 3rd or, dare I say it, win the...no I won't, then that certainly would be success. If, however, we fail to qualify for Europe and fail to...well you know, It will just be seen as good progress.

If we fail to qualify for europe then I wont really see this season as an improvement. If we fail to qualify for europe then we will be 5th in the league. we finished 6th in the league last term. we have better players than last season, a place in europe is ours to lose, therefore if we dont finish in 4th or above then I will see this season as about on par with last season, but will have more optimism about next season due to the players we have and the possibility of a few more coming in. We talk about expectations etc and that peoples expectations at the start of the season to see us get a european spot was maybe too high, however, we finished 6th last season when we were playing rank rotten, so I dont think it was too much to expect us to improve, which would mean possibly a couple of places further up the league, which is where we are. Recent displays werent up to expectations, but if we can hold onto a europe spot I think it will have lived up to my expectations.

erskine-hibby
08-03-2010, 11:26 AM
If we fail to qualify for europe then I wont really see this season as an improvement. If we fail to qualify for europe then we will be 5th in the league. we finished 6th in the league last term. we have better players than last season, a place in europe is ours to lose, therefore if we dont finish in 4th or above then I will see this season as about on par with last season, but will have more optimism about next season due to the players we have and the possibility of a few more coming in. We talk about expectations etc and that peoples expectations at the start of the season to see us get a european spot was maybe too high, however, we finished 6th last season when we were playing rank rotten, so I dont think it was too much to expect us to improve, which would mean possibly a couple of places further up the league, which is where we are. Recent displays werent up to expectations, but if we can hold onto a europe spot I think it will have lived up to my expectations.

That is kind of what I said is it not??
The improvement in the team, results etc. are there for all to see, but as far as success is concerned that can only be measured at the end of the season by our league standing, due to the expectation levels being higher now.:agree:

Phil MaGlass
08-03-2010, 11:30 AM
We have done quite well this season,hopefully we will push on for that Euro spot, but as has been pointed out 11pts in 10 games isnt good enough.
No wishing to pee on your parades but dont we normally play gash after the split,I think we have quite a terrible record in the top six?Mind you if hertz get in the top six then were guaranteed 3pts there.

HFC 0-7
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
That is kind of what I said is it not??
The improvement in the team, results etc. are there for all to see, but as far as success is concerned that can only be measured at the end of the season by our league standing, due to the expectation levels being higher now.:agree:

Sorry, I thought when you said if we dont qualify for europe it will just be seen as good progress as in terms of performances etc. In fact I wouldnt really see it as good progress, I would see it as about the same but have optimism for the future as the manager has the right vision and there are better players on offer.

Dinkydoo
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM

In terms of success, we've still got it all to do. SC Quater Final next week & Dundee Utd/M'well hot on our heels for the european places. If we don't qualify for europe and miss out on the SC..........again :rolleyes: then this season to me has been a bit of a disappointment but all in all, an improvement on the last two.

We have a good manager, a new stand under construction, a team full of quality and still virtually no debt - I'm in a good mood :thumbsup:

If we qualify for Europe (or god forbid) win the SC, I truelly fear for my liver :devil:

GGTTH :agree:

Sudds_1
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Maybe not astonishing Bob..but certainly I am much more positive about the future than I've been for several years. The trick will be holding on to the core of the team for longer than has been in the past, retaining quality, rather than selling it on, then pushing on further. That for me is the test - does the Board have the ambition and appetite to do that? Time will tell.

As for frustrations? Part and parcel of being a Hibby. Having been a Hibby all my life, frustration is a well loved bedmate.........but only at the footy I hasten to add! :greengrin:devil:

Sir David Gray
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
We have done quite well this season,hopefully we will push on for that Euro spot, but as has been pointed out 11pts in 10 games isnt good enough.
No wishing to pee on your parades but dont we normally play gash after the split,I think we have quite a terrible record in the top six?Mind you if hertz get in the top six then were guaranteed 3pts there.

This is how we have performed in post-split matches when we have been in the top six.

00/01

5 points

04/05

5 points

05/06

4 points

06/07

5 points

07/08

2 points

08/09

5 points

GlesgaeHibby
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Interestingly, we had 36 points after 28 games last season which means we took 11 points from our last 10 games.

If we can win and draw against Dundee United, we won't need many more than that to secure third.

I agree those would be two massive results in helping us push for 3rd but we need a minimum of another 13 points IMO.

Motherwell should not be overlooked either. Granpaw Broon has them playing very well and they are incredibly hard to beat. They haven't conceded many since he took over.

HFC 0-7
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
This is how we have performed in post-split matches when we have been in the top six.

00/01

5 points

04/05

5 points

05/06

4 points

06/07

5 points

07/08

2 points

08/09

5 points

That isnt particularly good! It would be interesting to see how hearts, Dundee Utd and motherwell have done post split.

heretoday
08-03-2010, 01:14 PM
It's been a season of growth and I just hope Hibs can sustain it. Hughes has to stick around and persuade the best players to do the same. It's not often possible to do that these days.

PatHead
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Record is 66 points in a season. Based on the information about us post split doubt we will match that but hope Yogi can prove us wrong.

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 12:16 PM

00/01

5 points

04/05

5 points

05/06

4 points

06/07

5 points

07/08

2 points

08/09

5 points

Considering we usually seem to raise our game against the big teams that's pretty poor. Hopefully we can beat 5 this season.:agree: