PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United at home, 24th March

Diclonius
07-03-2010, 05:26 PM
This is going to be a massive game.

Phil MaGlass
07-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Watched the Utd game today they played quite well especially the last 25mins, I have to admit, if we dont buck up they will beat us.A big win against Ross County is needed,but again I dont hold out much hope.

bingo70
07-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Utd game before the split:-

Aberdeen (a)
Hibs (a)
motherwell (h)
st johnstone (a)
rangers (h)

Our games before the split:-

Hearts (a)
dundee utd (h)
falkirk (a)
celtic (h)
hamilton (a)

I would say that they've got a tougher run in than ourselves so if we can win our game against them then i think we could have opened up a wee gap in 3rd place for the final 5 matches, likewise if we lose the game all is not lost

BT58
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
just out of interest,,,,,,,,,who have the mothers got in there next 5 games
theyve came from nowhere,theyre certainly in the mix for 3rd
hb

bingo70
07-03-2010, 05:47 PM
hb

st mirren (a)
hearts (h)
dundee utd (a)
falkirk (h)
celtic (a)

noseyhibby
07-03-2010, 07:13 PM
hb

I think we have to figure Motherwell in the equation. They are the form team and looking impressive and solid, and a mere 3points behind us. I can see them taking 10 points in next 5 games
Their fixtures read:
St.Mirren A
Hearts H
Dun Utd A
Falkirk H
Celtic A

MichelleHibs
07-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Is this game stil going to be an evening kick off? Temporary floodlights or afternoon ko?

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Is this game stil going to be an evening kick off? Temporary floodlights or afternoon ko?

7:45 KO with temporary floodlights, i think we have a better run of games than Dundee.Utd and Motherwell but their both in better form than us.

Hainan Hibs
07-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I hope the win against Killie was the kick out of the slump we have had. Motherwell are in the fight for third and we will have to take a decent amount of points in the games before the split if our post split form from other seasons continues this season. (Token win in amongst pish, although my memory could be playing tricks:greengrin. However we did crawl across the finishing line in the Mowbray's 1st season)

I do fancy UTD to take the 3rd spot, just because they seem to have a good balance in their team and formation which we don't seem to have achieved. If Yogi could get a good balance to the team and the team starts performing again then I think we would take it.

Hibs Class
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I hope the win against Killie was the kick out of the slump we have had. Motherwell are in the fight for third and we will have to take a decent amount of points in the games before the split if our post split form from other seasons continues this season. (Token win in amongst pish, although my memory could be playing tricks:greengrin. However we did crawl across the finishing line in the Mowbray's 1st season)

I do fancy UTD to take the 3rd spot, just because they seem to have a good balance in their team and formation which we don't seem to have achieved. If Yogi could get a good balance to the team and the team starts performing again then I think we would take it.

Confidence plays a big part, though. They had a wee wobble a few matches back but seem to be over it now, and we just need a couple of decent results, starting yesterday. I don't think Utd are better than us, but if we don't play to our potential then we will lose out.

spudhib
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I think we have to figure Motherwell in the equation. They are the form team and looking impressive and solid, and a mere 3points behind us. I can see them taking 10 points in next 5 games
Their fixtures read:
St.Mirren A
Hearts H
Dun Utd A
Falkirk H
Celtic A

Indeed,Motherwell could be 3 ahead of us by the time we play our next league game as they play this Tuesday and Saturday.

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Indeed,Motherwell could be 3 ahead of us by the time we play our next league game as they play this Tuesday and Saturday.

Have they got games in hand over us?

Hainan Hibs
07-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Confidence plays a big part, though. They had a wee wobble a few matches back but seem to be over it now, and we just need a couple of decent results, starting yesterday. I don't think Utd are better than us, but if we don't play to our potential then we will lose out.

I agree, hopefully the team got a bit of confidence from the win against Killie and we can build on it.

H18sry
07-03-2010, 08:42 PM
7:45 KO with temporary floodlights, i think we have a better run of games than Dundee.Utd and Motherwell but their both in better form than us.

I heard that Hibs had been quoted over ten grand for temporary lights, and for that reason it will be an afternoon game :wink:

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I heard that Hibs had been quoted over ten grand for temporary lights, and for that reason it will be an afternoon game :wink:

Would be interesting if it were to be an afternoon game, never been at one during midweek.

Del Boy
07-03-2010, 09:36 PM
United looked good today, should have won by a few more. Think they'll be the best of the rest.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Have they got games in hand over us?

No. They play St Mirren on Tuesday, that game has been brought forward because St Mirren are in the CIS Cup Final in a couple of weeks. They play the Yams on Saturday which was due to be played on the same midweek when we play Dundee United. With both clubs out of the Scottish Cup they must have decided to play it at the weekend instead.

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 09:49 PM
No. They play St Mirren on Tuesday, that game has been brought forward because St Mirren are in the CIS Cup Final in a couple of weeks. They play the Yams on Saturday which was due to be played on the same midweek when we play Dundee United. With both clubs out of the Scottish Cup they must have decided to play it at the weekend instead.

Good i was going to say if they did have games in hand i'd be a bit worried.:bitchy:

matty_f
07-03-2010, 10:09 PM

How the ****** can someone justify charging upward of ten grand for lighting?:confused:

Not disputing it, just commenting on how scandalous it is!

Hibs Class
08-03-2010, 08:55 AM
How the ****** can someone justify charging upward of ten grand for lighting?:confused:

Not disputing it, just commenting on how scandalous it is!

Because they know they're dealing with the Tache, so quoted high in the expectation he would negotiate them down by c.80%?

Sammy7nil
08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Can see hibs drawing a 4 of last 5 games before the split

Think Utd and Motherwell will get 6 points each

Leaving us 3 behind after the split

We will have to go to Utd and at very worst draw Iy is going to be very tight and the team that wins the head to heads will likely finish 3rd