PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

forthhibby
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
i know he's had some right dodgy performances in the past, but slotted in well again when he came on for bamba, looked really composed, i don't think we need to look for a replacement if bamba goes at the end of the season.

Mikey
07-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Spot on. Youth Development strikes again :thumbsup:

WindyMiller
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM
He played well yesterday. Hopefully he'll make that position his own over the coming months.

fife hfc
07-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I thought he was excellent yesterday and should now get a run in the team if he maintains that level of performance. Personally I would have him in besides Bamba. Not a slight on Hogg I just believe the other two are better players.

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I think if Paul Hanlon continues improving at this rate we will have a very good centre half on our hands, i am in no doubt he will go on to represent Scotland too. He showed aggression yesterday which was lacking in his game.

Furthermore, Spoony will go on to become a very good player and his potential scares me!!! Alot of the good things Hibs have done this year have come through him and in my opinion has been a joy to watch on most occasions!!!

Hibby Bairn
07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Amazing what happens when you play players in their best positions isn't it? Wotherspoon next please along with Riordan.

Rasta_Hibs
07-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Amazing what happens when you play players in their best positions isn't it? Wotherspoon next please along with Riordan.

You should just call Yogi and tell him to stay home on Monday cos you will be taking the training.

MussyHibby
07-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Thought he done ok when he came on, nobody stood out for me yesterday. Felt PH hoofed the ball too many times, then again based on the pitch that may have been the instruction.

--------
07-03-2010, 12:24 PM

Something alomng the lines of ...

Stack

McCann Hanlon Bamba Murray

Wotherspoon Miller McBride

Zouma

Stokes Riordan

... you mean?

Hmmm. You could be on to something....

Cocaine&Caviar
07-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Ive mentioned it before, but I'd love to see us play 5-3-2:

--------------Smith
-----Bamba---Hogg---Hanlon
Wotherspoon-------------Murray
---------McBride---Miller
-----------Zemmama
---------Stokes---Riordan

Alex Trager
07-03-2010, 12:36 PM
:wink::thumbsup:Played well yesterday

Hibby Bairn
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
You should just call Yogi and tell him to stay home on Monday cos you will be taking the training.

What do I need to take training for when I can just pick the team by playing them all in their best positions? Simples.

IWasThere2016
07-03-2010, 04:03 PM
What do I need to take training for when I can just pick the team by playing them all in their best positions? Simples.

:agree:

J-C
07-03-2010, 04:35 PM
The lad looked solid and composed when he came on, hopefully Yogi will give him a longer run at CH and maybe push Bamba back into midfield to give us a bit of strength and bite there.

Gala Foxes
07-03-2010, 04:37 PM
he looks everything Bamba isn't - calm, composed , in control

Ravelston Hibby
07-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I thought Paul was easily Man of the Match yesterday.

The Sponsors MOM was given to Liam Miller. I thought at the time they must have enjoyed the hospitality a bit too much personally. All about opinions I suppose! :confused:

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Thought Hanlon played very well again and should have been MOTM, he deserves to start infront of Bamba next Saturday.:agree:

brydekirk
07-03-2010, 05:22 PM
hanlon will be a great player for us. :thumbsup:still need a back up incase we loose bamba. :agree:

Jonnyboy
07-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I thought Paul was easily Man of the Match yesterday.

The Sponsors MOM was given to Liam Miller. I thought at the time they must have enjoyed the hospitality a bit too much personally. All about opinions I suppose! :confused:

There are times I'm sure the sponsors just want to meet and greet a certain player and I guess v Killie that's what it was because without a doubt Liam Miller was not man of the match :greengrin

Hanlon was superb though :agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Thought Hanlon played very well again and should have been MOTM, he deserves to start infront of Bamba next Saturday.:agree:

??

Why? Bamba is one of our best players!!! don't drop him. He'll have good and bad days but is still on a different level from most current Hibs players.

Drop Hogg!!! Hanlon & Bamba in probably our best c/h pairing!!!

brydekirk
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
??

Why? Bamba is one of our best players!!! don't drop him. He'll have good and bad days but is still on a different level from most current Hibs players.

:agree: hanlon has shown good composure for a young defender, he can only get better.

18Craig75
07-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Future Hibs captain.

HFC 0-7
07-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I like Hanlon, looks pretty composed, but I wouldnt have him as a replacement for Bamba, I would replace Hogg with hanlon, Bamba hasnt been great recently but we need someone who has a lot of height as we are seriously lacking in the whole squad.

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 07:16 PM
??

But Bamba's form has really dipped since returning from the African Nations Cup and it appears that he's more bothered about playing for Ivory Coast at the World Cup than playing for us now, your right he's a good player and i thought he was outstanding before he left, but he hasn't been the same player since. And i just can't see Hogg being dropped as he has had worse performances than recently and hasn't been dropped, possibly because of the captaincy.

The Harp
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Very impressed wi' Hanlon when he came on. Never put a foot wrong and gave a first class performance. Not sure who should drop out the team to accommodate him but hope he stays in the side. :thumbsup:

MB62
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
The lad looked solid and composed when he came on, hopefully Yogi will give him a longer run at CH and maybe push Bamba back into midfield to give us a bit of strength and bite there.

:top marks

My thoughts exactly.

Sudds_1
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM

EXACTLY! Some on here give me a hard time for allegedly dissing Sol since his return, but I've always been of the view that with young Hanlon partnering Hogg we have the chance to use Sol where I believe he's most effective.........sitting in front of the back 4 in central midfield, adding bite and presence to that. Hanlon and Hogg looked the part when Sol was away on ANC duty. The back 4 since his return has been shaky to say the least. On Saturday, I genuinely believe we looked more composed when he went off........

Also means that when he takes one of his manic turns, there's cover behind him :devil::greengrin

Mikey
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM

I'd certainly do that against Hearts. They're a big, physical side and having Bamba replace Stevenson in there would make a big difference.

Hibby Bairn
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
But Bamba's passing is terrible. Great if he can win the ball but no good if he just gives it back again. Do you think he would be as energetic and mobile as McBride....and as accurate with his passing?

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd certainly do that against Hearts. They're a big, physical side and having Bamba replace Stevenson in there would make a big difference.I think we MUST do that for the Hearts game. They are p!sh but their physicality could edge it in the derby. Having Bamba in midfield would even things up slightly!

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
i have been hoping Bamba would be moved into midfield for a while due to our lack of bulk.

Don't think this will happen though unfortunately, big Sol will be greeting to yogi about the WC and c/h is his best chance of getting a game. It is Yogi's call though and Sol HAS to do what the manager says.....

However Yogi seems intent on sticking to a certain way of playing when sometimes it is necessary to make minor tweaks to suit the team we are playing against.

Septimus
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
he looks everything Bamba isn't - calm, composed , in control

Well said that man.

MussyHibby
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Paul Hanlon is a fine prospect at CH. At LB? That's a different matter.

As for him being a better player than Bamba? :faf::faf:

Don't want to be seen criticising PH, but seriously, he's not in Bamba's league......yet!

down the slope
08-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Just to prove i'm not all doom and gloom-hard to believe i know ! but i thought Hanlon hardly put a foot wrong, he is a natural centre back even though he is not the biggest but he has a way of getting his foot round the forward to make a clearance.

500miles
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM

Don't want to be seen criticising PH, but seriously, he's not in Bamba's league......yet!

If he's not currently in Bamba's league, that's because he is in a league above it - but that's down to poor form. However, no one is above the possibility of being dropped.

seanraff07
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM

I mean based on recent form, i think Bamba should be dropped as a wake up call to remind him he cant just walk in the team and should have to work for his place, and Hanlon has taken his chance every time, unfortunately he hasn't had many this season, he definitely deserves a start and i think this Saturday would be an ideal time to give him it.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-03-2010, 08:49 AM
But Bamba's passing is terrible. Great if he can win the ball but no good if he just gives it back again. Do you think he would be as energetic and mobile as McBride....and as accurate with his passing?

But if he was part of a 3 man central midfield alongside McBride and Miller, then he would only have to pass it 5-10 yards.

One of the main reasons his poor passing was highlighted last season is that he was pretty much playing as part of a 4-2-4 with a very isolated midfield, meaning he was having to attempt the more adventurous passes...

Hibby Bairn
09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
then he would only have to pass it 5-10 yards.
:greengrin

hfc rd
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Been very consistent at CB. I would have him as my 1st choice CB.

MussyHibby
09-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I mean based on recent form, i think Bamba should be dropped as a wake up call to remind him he cant just walk in the team and should have to work for his place, and Hanlon has taken his chance every time, unfortunately he hasn't had many this season, he definitely deserves a start and i think this Saturday would be an ideal time to give him it.

Who has evidence to suggest that Bamba thinks he can just walk back into the team. For me, his form has not been the best ince the ANC but to describe one or two lapses in concentration and to say he should be dropped is just insane. People such as yourself are concentrating on the one or two negatives, what about the MoM last week against St J?

Of course Bamba is not above being dropped but I have seen nothing remotely close to justifying that action.:bitchy: