PDA

View Full Version : Why Stop????

Reaper
07-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I've been thinking (Dangerous I know) but there's something really annoying me about the team just now.

Why do the players, when they think it should be a free-kick for i.e handball etc, Stop, stand with there hands in the air protesting to the Ref when the play is still going on around them. I'm all for shouting for every ball and decision but surely not when you stop playing, Rirdan done it twice yest, Hogg done it, Miller done it and it's not just started this week either.

:grr:

Hibercelona
07-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Peevs me off as well!

Another thing that annoys me is when a player is clean through on goal and decides to check the linesman first before taking a shot. :grr:

Reaper
07-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Peevs me off as well!

Another thing that annoys me is when a player is clean through on goal and decides to check the linesman first before taking a shot. :grr:

Yep, much rather they stuck it in the net first and worry about it being disallowed later.

Wotherspiniesta
07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Benji done it yesterday aswell.

It's one of the first thing you get taught aswell: play the whistle!

Alex Trager
07-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Btw how was Stokes' goal oafside yesterday

Westie1875
07-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Benji done it yesterday aswell.

It's one of the first thing you get taught aswell: play the whistle!

Benji also stopped dead on the spot after kicking the penalty, had he followed it forward he would have put the rebound in as it came straight back at him. :grr:

Dunkin' Donut
07-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Peevs me off as well!

this bugs me aswell, suppose they dont want to be deemed to be kicking the ball away and risk a booking.

HFC 0-7
07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
As much as it bugs me when players stop when they feel it should be a free kick etc, I think I know why they do it. Referees seem to only react when players stop and moan. Some players can shout at the ref for the free kick but still keep playing, pretty sure Mcbride does it.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Bugs me more that our players cannae defend shies properly nor gain any advantage from their own shies :grr:

Riordans Boots
07-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Bugs me more that our players cannae defend shies properly nor gain any advantage from their own shies :grr:

I said this to my hubby and he p!ssed himself laughing and said "It's a throw in" :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
07-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I said this to my hubby and he p!ssed himself laughing and said "It's a throw in" :rolleyes:

Ach ye know what men are like - dinnae really understand how the game's played :greengrin

On a serious note our inability to properly defend throw ins, especially in our own half simply leads to giving the opposition easy possession. :agree:

James70
07-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Benji also stopped dead on the spot after kicking the penalty, had he followed it forward he would have put the rebound in as it came straight back at him. :grr:

Noticed on the highlights that the Killie defenders were off their marks much quicker than the Hibs players who seemed to lack conviction going for the rebound. Then again I suppose they all thought Benji was bound to score so there was no need to look for a rebound.