PDA

View Full Version : 24th March-v-Arabs

Nameless
07-03-2010, 08:57 AM
This may have already been covered in another thread, but what will happen with the game against Utd, as it is down for a 7:45pm kick off? Is it possible to rent banks of flood lights, and if so, how will wee get them high enough so that they don't blind the fans in the west?

Ants
07-03-2010, 09:14 AM
This may have already been covered in another thread, but what will happen with the game against Utd, as it is down for a 7:45pm kick off? Is it possible to rent banks of flood lights, and if so, how will wee get them high enough so that they don't blind the fans in the west?

Heard yesterday that the kick off time will be 3pm.

hibee_girl
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM

I heard someone say it was going to be 2.30pm :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM

From who?

I asked the ticket office a week/10 days ago and they had no idea what was happening.

Ants
07-03-2010, 09:19 AM
From who? No one official, just someone in the know.
I asked the ticket office a week/10 days ago and they had no idea what was happening. From all the comments on here, thats normal for the ticket office....
:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2010, 09:21 AM
When do the clocks go forward? If the game's before the clocks changing would we not be kicking off at 2?

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-03-2010, 09:24 AM
When do the clocks go forward? If the game's before the clocks changing would we not be kicking off at 2?

Clocks go forward the weekend after the Dundee Utd game.

Nameless
07-03-2010, 09:29 AM
The game is midweek, so I doubt they will move it to 2pm:confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 09:43 AM
There'll be an official letter sent to supporters this week asking us all to download the "Flashlight" application on our iPhones and aim our handset towards the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

Petrie's no daft. :agree:

greenlex
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM
There'll be an official letter sent to supporters this week asking us all to download the "Flashlight" application on our iPhones and aim our handset towards the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

We could all use the green one. It old be smart as

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I seem to remember us having mid-week afternoon games when we were building stands in the past, no? :confused: I was young but im sure there was. I think I remember us playing Motherwell on a Wed afternoon years ago...

Jamesie
07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I seem to remember us having mid-week afternoon games when we were building stands in the past, no? :confused: I was young but im sure there was. I think I remember us playing Motherwell on a Wed afternoon years ago...

You are correct - it was when we built the North and South stands. Spring of 1995.

Gatecrasher
07-03-2010, 11:33 AM
if the KO time was going to be moved to afternoon surely we would have heard by now?

Nameless
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
If it does get moved to wed afternoon do all ST holders get a rebate?

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-03-2010, 11:46 AM
You are correct - it was when we built the North and South stands. Spring of 1995.

:agree: I was at school and my mum wouldnt let me miss it to go to the game :boo hoo: Fell out with her for about 3 days. Remember taking my wee blue wireless to school and sneaking out to try and hear some updates on the news :thumbsup: Anyone remember the score in that Motherwell game? I seem to remember it was the season we were competing for second with them and we failed to beat them?! I may be wrong tho.

Kevvy1875
07-03-2010, 11:48 AM
I would very much doubt this. Fans emptying out of ER at rush hour? ****in nightmare for the Polis. Plus all the local car parks in the Industrial estate will not be available as they will still be in use. Too many reasons why this would never happen.

I stand to be corrected:greengrin

Golden Bear
07-03-2010, 12:06 PM
If it does get moved to wed afternoon do all ST holders get a rebate?

First of all I very much doubt if the game will be played in the afternoon but it was, then there will be no chance of rebate. We don't get a rebate when the kick off times are switched because of TV coverage so this will be no different.

My guess is that portable lighting columns will be brought in.

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2010, 12:19 PM

funnily enough, I said that in the pub yesterday :thumbsup:

PC Stamp
07-03-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.elsonline.co.uk/

Good enough for a big team then surely more than adequate for us :wink:

Awwww ... looks like they don't do portable ones :boo hoo:

The Voice Of Reason
07-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Yes, I took a half day from work that day - quite enjoyed the novelty of a midweek afternoon game !

If my memory serves me correctly, we won 3-2 with a headed winner from the ginger bullett at left back - Graeme Mitchell !

Also remmeber the Motherwell fans racially abusing Kevin Harper :tsk tsk:

Wisnae too long after Davie cooper passed away I think.

Can anyone confirm if my memories are accurate and I haven't made all of this up ?!? (I struggle to remember last week, let alone 15 years ago!) :wink:

jgl07
07-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Yes, I took a half day from work that day - quite enjoyed the novelty of a midweek afternoon game !

If my memory serves me correctly, we won 3-2 with a headed winner from the ginger bullett at left back - Graeme Mitchell !

Can anyone confirm if my memories are accurate and I haven't made all of this up ?!? (I struggle to remember last week, let alone 15 years ago!) :wink:
No Hibs won 2-0 thanks to a Keith Wright double on March 22 1995. The attendance was a decent 5,395. Mitchell did not play as Andy Millen was left back. I can't recall any sound at all from the Motherwell support, if there were any present.

A month later Hibs had another mid-week afternoon match against Falkirk and lost 2-0 in front of 5,450.

These attendances look good compared to the last two home matches of the season. Hearts were played mid-week in May with a evening kick-off winning 3-1 (Weir, Wright and Harper) in front of 7,122. Celtic played the a Saturday afternoon with a 1-1 draw (Harper) and a crowd of 6,019.

The capacity was reduced with only the Main Stand and the East open but it was certainly way higher than attended the Hearts match.

Prof. Shaggy
07-03-2010, 01:21 PM

I seem to remember Cooper had just suffered his collapse and there was an anouncement about it. I think he died later that day or the following.

blackhibee
07-03-2010, 02:26 PM
:agree: I was at school and my mum wouldnt let me miss it to go to the game :boo hoo: Fell out with her for about 3 days. Remember taking my wee blue wireless to school and sneaking out to try and hear some updates on the news :thumbsup: Anyone remember the score in that Motherwell game? I seem to remember it was the season we were competing for second with them and we failed to beat them?! I may be wrong tho.

Yep, we beat Motherwell 2-0, and then again on the Saturday 2-0 in the Scottish cup. We also played Falkirk at a funny time too whilst the new stand was getting built, but I can't remember the score. i think we beat them though.

Future17
07-03-2010, 02:37 PM
No Hibs won 2-0 thanks to a Keith Wright double on March 22 1995. The attendance was a decent 5,395. Mitchell did not play as Andy Millen was left back. I can't recall any sound at all from the Motherwell support, if there were any present.

A month later Hibs had another mid-week afternoon match against Falkirk and lost 2-0 in front of 5,450.

These attendances look good compared to the last two home matches of the season. Hearts were played mid-week in May with a evening kick-off winning 3-1 (Weir, Wright and Harper) in front of 7,122. Celtic played the a Saturday afternoon with a 1-1 draw (Harper) and a crowd of 6,019.

The capacity was reduced with only the Main Stand and the East open but it was certainly way higher than attended the Hearts match.

Can't remember the Motherwell game but remember racing from school to make the Falkirk game. Thought it was 0-1 but I was only about 10 at the time. Remember John Clark scored a direct free-kick and I was thinking "has he just become the fattest man to ever score in professional football?" :greengrin

spudhib
07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Pretty sure we had temp floodlights when the west was being built,maybe a sunday night v the yams.

James70
07-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Pretty sure we had temp floodlights when the west was being built,maybe a sunday night v the yams.

Don't remember a Sunday night match but we did indeed have temporary floodlights. I also remember we played Motherwell in the afternoon and I'm sure it was that morning that Davie Cooper had collapsed and died.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ospreywatcher/1554620938/sizes/l/in/set-72157602269717720/

hibee4life1983
08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
my birthday!:greengrin hopefully its a win for us though ill prob be too wrecked to realise im even ther!:dizzy: a.b.e:thumbsup:

half.time.draw.
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
my birthday!:greengrin hopefully its a win for us though ill prob be too wrecked to realise im even ther!:dizzy: a.b.e:thumbsup:

Me Too!!!!!!!!!:wink:

hibee4life1983
08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Me Too!!!!!!!!!:wink:

No danger, strange that, i was drawn to this post!:-)

KWJ
08-03-2010, 07:43 PM
were one of those well games the one where Keith scored on the stroke of half time but the ref blew the whistle as the ball headed for goal?

hibee4life1983
08-03-2010, 07:58 PM
were one of those well games the one where Keith scored on the stroke of half time but the ref blew the whistle as the ball headed for goal?

I was there that day, sure it was a cup game and that goal was the worst peice of fixing iv ever seen, it was trully shocking, when i think of how bad refs and linesman are today i always think of that goal, the ball was in midflight from the east over towards the west when the ref blew his whistles, miliseconds b4 big keith pounded in a peach! RAGE!

PC Stamp
08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Don't remember a Sunday night match but we did indeed have temporary floodlights. I also remember we played Motherwell in the afternoon and I'm sure it was that morning that Davie Cooper had collapsed and died.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ospreywatcher/1554620938/sizes/l/in/set-72157602269717720/

The playing surface looks pretty similar to what it does now in that photo!

hfc rd
09-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I think the club have three options for this game. They are:-

Hire temporary floodlights or
A 2pm-3pm kick off or
Play the game at Murrayfield or Tynecastle
Personally I would like to see Hibs hire temporary floodlights for this game. Playing the game at 2pm-3pm would be very difficult for people to make it game because of School/College/Work etc. And I think moving the game to Murrayfield or Tynecastle wouldn't work out that well.

hibsboy90
09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Game is on alba as well, incase we miss it.

Sammy7nil
09-03-2010, 05:31 PM
When will a decision be made ?

Has anyone contacted the club ?

poolman
09-03-2010, 06:05 PM

Still on the fishy site its down as a 7.45pm KO

Billy Whizz
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Still on the fishy site its down as a 7.45pm KO
The fact that they are selling tickets on the Hibs site for a 7.45pm ko suggests that is when the game will take place.
They can hardly sell tickets to fans and then move the ko time to the afternoon!

The_Todd
09-03-2010, 06:34 PM

I suspect there is no decision to be made. All this talk of afternoon kickoffs is hearsay and conjecture, and if it's down on the site as 7.45, then 7.45 it is.

3pm
10-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I doubt there will be a decision til Monday.

If there is a Scottish Cup replay involving the Cabbage or Dundee United the game won't be on.

The_Todd
10-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I think this covers it (from the Official site)

Hibernian v Dundee United

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/a5/ae/0,,10290%7E6860453,00.jpg

Wednesday 24th March 2010
Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Easter Road Stadium
Kick-off 7.45pm

Tickets for this match are now available by telephoning the call centre on 0844 844 1875 option 1, online at https://eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx (https://eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx) or in person at the Ticket Office during normal office opening times.
Phone / Online: Please note a booking fee of £1.5O per ticket, applicable to adults and concessions will be charged.
Ticket prices:

Adults: £22.00
Concessions: £12.00*
*Under 18's, Over 65's and Students with a valid student matriculation card.
Disabled and Helper: Contact the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Helpline on 0131 656 7066 or visit the Hibernian Ticket Office in person.

Speedway
10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
If the kick off is 2pm, does that mean we won't have to wait as long for the fans to get back?

Hibee87
10-03-2010, 12:53 PM
There is defo temp floadlights going up, cant mind where i read/heard this but im fairly sure that we will have temp floodlights for it and the game will go ahead as planned

PatHead
11-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Scotsman carrying an article stating temp floodlights are booked for the day and definately a 7.45pm kick off. I cant copy it but if someone wants to..........

OtterHibee
11-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Scotsman carrying an article stating temp floodlights are booked for the day and definately a 7.45pm kick off. I cant copy it but if someone wants to..........

From this article. (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/John-Hughes-bills-County-match.6141077.jp)

Hibs have revealed that the home league fixture with Dundee United on 24 March – which has a 7.45pm kick-off – will be staged with the help of temporary floodlights. The demolition of the East Stand, together with four floodlight columns, has led to the need for additional lighting being put in place in time for the midweek clash. Two trucks, each with 30 lights attached to a 36 metre-high shaft, will be parked in position along the east touchline on the eve of the match.

"Each light has its own remote control tilt-and-focus function so it's possible to get the optimum spread of light from the 60 lights," a club spokesman said last night. "At the end of the game they just pack up and drive away again."

The club might be required to turn to this light source again before the end of the campaign. A midweek round of matches is scheduled for after the league-split in April, with Hibs facing the possibility of hosting another evening fixture at Easter Road.

tomhorn
11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
:cool2:Possibly the most bizarre thread I have ever read.

Portable floodlights have been in existence for some time now. Strange that some wid think that we'd do something like stage a game at 2pm during the week when the option of portable floodlights is available.

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2010, 01:12 PM
:cool2:Possibly the most bizarre thread I have ever read.

Portable floodlights have been in existence for some time now. Strange that some wid think that we'd do something like stage a game at 2pm during the week when the option of portable floodlights is available.

Presumably temporary floodlights hadn't been invented 15-20 years ago when we played a midweek afternoon game?

tomhorn
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Truly portable (i.e flexible, adaptable and on back of a truck), affordable (to Hibs) and readily available? Nut. If they were I’m sure we wid have used them 15/20 years ago rather than play midweek during the day in front of hardly anyone. :nerd:

Peevemor
11-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Presumably temporary floodlights hadn't been invented 15-20 years ago when we played a midweek afternoon game?

Truly portable (i.e flexible, adaptable and on back of a truck), affordable (to Hibs) and readily available? Nut. If they were I’m sure we wid have used them 15/20 years ago rather than play midweek during the day in front of hardly anyone. :nerd:

The difference then was that the stands that run the length of the pitch (ie. the old main and East stands) were in use. Therefore there was nowhere to put the portable floodlights as they're not high or powerful enough to be set up in the corners or behind the goals. :nerd: