PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith - our talisman?

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I could be wrong but he seems to come on and we win .. has he played in a losing Hibs side?

shamo9
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Naw, he played in this (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10290~50805,00.html) game. Brought on at the hour mark when it was 1-1 and failing to make an impression - ergo, he's pish:agree:

Hibercelona
06-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Naw, he played in this (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10290~50805,00.html) game. Brought on at the hour mark when it was 1-1 and failing to make an impression - ergo, he's pish:agree:

I also recall him playing in this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8480348.stm) game. Brought on at the hour mark when it was 1-1 and he did make an impression - ergo, he's a legend. :agree:

:cool2:

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Great tactical move from the manager today, Galbraith changed the game. Well done Danny, and well done Yogi. :thumbsup:

truehibernian
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Galbraith contributions and assists

Crossed for the Benji winner on opening day win v St Mirren
Won free kick v St Johnstone which Stokes tucked away in 3-0 win
Scored winner at Parkhead
Won free kick which Riordan lashed in today (similar to Saints game with a bursting run)

Not bad at all considering such little game time this season......I would say a lucky talisman :agree:

tbfhibs
06-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Seems very confident, might be worth a start.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Him over Stevenson every day of the week. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Ideal time for an extended run. Has a pace and verve our jaded long-term players can't match, and hasn't been sussed out by defenders in our tedious 3-4 game structure. Could be a potent weapon for the business end of the season.

Can't understand criticism of this chap, he's done very little wrong and quite a lot right in the short time he's been on the pitch this season.

shamo9
07-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Ideal time for an extended run. Has a pace and verve our jaded long-term players can't match, and hasn't been sussed out by defenders in our tedious 3-4 game structure. Could be a potent weapon for the business end of the season.

Can't understand criticism of this chap, he's done very little wrong and quite a lot right in the short time he's been on the pitch this season.

Criticism! What criticism? Hibs.net would first have to get their collective mouth off of his appendage for any such criticism to materialise. The 'put Galbraith in the team' threads have almost become a weekly ritual down .net with a new poster every week taking up the honour.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone criticise him, nope, not ever.

SalfordHibs
07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Galbraith more than deserves a start.

vahibbie
07-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Seems very confident, might be worth a start.

Defo worth a start.
IMHO, should have got one a while ago.

IWasThere2016
07-03-2010, 06:36 AM

So he's oor SPL talisman then :cool2:

Have to say I'm a fan - and he merits a proper chance eg a start and a few games to makes his mark!

Hibby 2005
07-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Looked like Galbraith was playing on the right once he came on with Deek in his usual left side slot. Seemed to work but I fear once Nish and Zemamma come back Galbraith will probably drop out altogether as Yogi doesn't seem to use him nearly enough. We've drawn quite a few games recently which might have been turned into victories if Galbraith had been used more often. He certainly offers something different in a midfield full of hard workers.

johnbc70
07-03-2010, 08:12 AM
His pace yesterday made an immediate impact. He deserves a start to see if he can do it over the 90 minutes.

Only one in the team with pace.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm never one for posting my favoured XI, I tend to leave that to Yogi as my opinion isn't worth a sook come matchday and Yogi is far more qualified than anybody on this board..........but;

-------------------------Stack------------------------

Wotherspoon-----Bamba---------Hanlon------Murray

Zemmama--------Miller----------McBride-----Galbraith

-------------------------Stokes------------------------

There's your team.

You'll realise there's only ten players in there and that's because I've not assigned a position for Deek, ergo, he doesn't have a position. Chuck his shirt at him and tell him to go out and do his own thing.

That back four, to me at least, is our strongest. I'm not completely anti-Hogg but I think he's drifting back to the form he was in prior to being dropped and maybe needs another couple of games on the bench to re-focus.

Miller and McBride are a perfect foil for each other, they graft, control and dovetail each other perfectly.

Zouma and Galbraith give you a blend of pace, directness, vision, skill, craft and guile whilst Stokesy's just an out and out goalscoring machine.

And then you come to Deek.......lazy bassa, not interested half the time, petulant, childish, anonymous most of the time, cannae tackle, cannae beat a man, nae pace, waste of a shirt for 85 minutes and he upsets the balance when he's stuck out in left-midfield. He's also got more talent in his feet than almost any other player in the SPL and for that reason alone, just tell him to go out and score goals.

He's no a daft laddie on the park, he knows where he's best, he anticipates where the ball's gonna drop, he knows where he can cause damage and he's restricted if you tell him to stay in a particular zone.

In no way am I comparing him to Beckham ability-wise, but in terms of importance and limitations, he reminds me of Beckham in the sense that there's a lot he can't/doesn't do on the park. But in terms of crossing, set-pieces and finishing, he's miles above what we have on the park.

Beckham can't beat a man, he won't outpace you, he can't tackle and he's not a goalscorer. What he can do though is cross a ball, pass a ball and take a set-piece. And at those three things, he's probably up there with the best in the world, hence why he's been a first pick almost all his life for Man United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and England.

If someone has an attribute(s) that is potentially match-winning, keep them on the park.

Deek has that in abundance. Who else on the park yesterday could have planted that free-kick in the top corner? Nobody.

Folk can criticise Deek all they want and yes, he does have a lot of failings, he does infuriate and sometimes we do look a man short. He's also the most technically gifted footballer I've seen in a Hibs strip in my lifetime (honourable mentions to Franck, wee Russell and Martin McIntosh). :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Is he a (fragile at the mo'?) "confidence" player?
If so then that might explain Yogi's approach with his starts.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Is he a (fragile at the mo'?) "confidence" player?
If so then that might explain Yogi's approach with his starts.

I'm sure Yogi said he was a confidence player, everyone needs a boost now and again.

Reminds me of the time I pulled over after being flagged down by a hitch-hiker; he said "Can you give me a lift?" and I replied "Yeah, the world's your oyster, go for it!!"

Then I drove off.