PDA

View Full Version : Yams Another Mammary

Sergey
06-03-2010, 09:29 PM
A Fud (1 of many on KB) spewed forth this belter:

Just over 10,000 at the Hibs game - can't see how they can break even on those crowds

Fill your boots lads....

Toaods
06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I would be inclined to agree..that tube will not be able to understand why we can break even...seen our big wage bill?

:bye:

007 Mickey Weir
06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Ahhh brilliant! Now thats why we are 30+million in debt............wait a minute.

They are clutching at straws.

MSK
06-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Fill your boots lads....Has a point though as much as it pains me to say..considering we are 3rd our crowds are pretty rank ..:rolleyes:

Seep
06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh god .. they make me embarrassed to be a Hearts fan.

Jamie
06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
**** the hearts :rolleyes: dinny give a flying one what they think :jamboak:

truehibernian
06-03-2010, 09:53 PM
We don't break even though :confused: We make profit :agree: Five years on the bounce :thumbsup:

Sergey
06-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Has a point though as much as it pains me to say..considering we are 3rd our crowds are pretty rank ..:rolleyes:

I'd agree to a certain extent, but I doubt that the Yams are playing in front of many more folks than us on a week-to-week basis, given the fact that they report all sold ST's in their attendance figures; plus, they've been giving away kiddies ST's for £20 that are also included (that £££ amount might not be correct on the kiddies briefs.)

Our income from home matches could well be better than the Yams, and as someone pointed out, we're not £30m - £40m in debt.

To question the viability of our club is simply laughable.

whereswallace?
06-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd agree to a certain extent, but I doubt that the Yams are playing in front of many more folks than us on a week-to-week basis, given the fact that they report all sold ST's in their attendance figures; plus, they've been giving away kiddies ST's for £20 that are also included (that £££ amount might not be correct on the kiddies briefs.)

Our income from home matches could well be better than the Yams, and as someone pointed out, we're not £30m - £40m in debt.

Is this included in the clubs accounts as simply matchday revenues?I would be interested to see the difference if it was? cheers

MSK
06-03-2010, 09:58 PM

To question the viability of our club is simply laughable.I also agree wi that ..:greengrin

Ive said before ...i hope the yam tramps fi Pink Castle go oot the box ....sooner rather than later ...Edinburgh will smell so much better ...:jamboak:

clerriehibs
06-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh god .. they make me embarrassed to be a Hearts fan.

I can think of other reasons ...

Seep
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Na..:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
06-03-2010, 10:28 PM
To be honest they can poke fun at our attendances all they want.

Take a look at this you yam fuds -

First class training centre which is owned by the club.

Soon to have a completed stadium, the best outside Glasgow. 20250 seater stadium.

Financially secure club.

Money available to spend on the squad, money spent on players such as Stokes and Liam Miller.

Opportunity of Europe and still in the cup.

Fantastic achievements by the fans through such things as the Dnipro Appeal

Compare this to -

Being kicked off a training ground to make way for students playing lacrosse everyday.

Illegal Pink Bus Shelter.

Haemorrhaging cash on duds like Nade and Kingston. Over 10 grand on each a week. Almost the entire weekly cost of our starting 11.

Laughing stock of Scottish football and pumped out both cups.

Financially screwed.

Classless fans such as Le Chat, Boabster, and Wee Ardrie Jambo (agrees).

And let's not forget FAT JIM KNEW.

We are better, classier and just above you yam fuds in each and everyway.

Well, I'll give you this, you are the big team when it comes to bending over and begging Romanov for another rogering.

Cling on to you're "108 years, attendances" jibes. You're just simply not "Hibs Class":bye:

Part/Time Supporter
06-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Is this included in the clubs accounts as simply matchday revenues?I would be interested to see the difference if it was? cheers

Hibs haven't provided a breakdown of their turnover figures for many years.

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Fill your boots lads....

What is our capacity now the east is away?

matty_f
06-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Yams are so thick they'd struggle to win a game of Scrabble against a dyslexic slug.

whereswallace?
06-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Hibs haven't provided a breakdown of their turnover figures for many years.

I wasn't sure,thanks for clearing that up.

Pete
06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
They've been harping on about their attendances for a while now...how much bigger they are than ours which must mean they are a "bigger" team than we are.

Anyone with half a brain would realise this is because of their season ticket pricing policy. You have to take your hat off to their club for that. If we had a similar policy I bet our gates would increase.
We could be in the champions league final but if the ticket costs £1 more than you can afford then you simply can't go.

As said above it would be interesting to see the actual money taken in through their turnstiles.

PC Stamp
06-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Yams are so thick they'd struggle to win a game of Scrabble against a dyslexic slug.

A spokesman for Dyslexic Slugs said ... "We wouldn't be seen dead in the same room as a Yam fud, far less play Scrabble with one!"

silverhibee
06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Anyone know what the crowd was today.:thumbsup:

mim
06-03-2010, 11:47 PM
anyone know what the crowd was today.:thumbsup:

SanFranHibs
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Wondered why they started singing,

It's a gland old team to play for,
It's a gland old team to see,
And if you know your hysterectomy,
It's enough to make your Hearts go oh, oh, oh no!!!

I know, very bad !!!

Kaiser1962
07-03-2010, 07:27 AM

I know we've been here before, many times........ But when are the yam figures published? I know yuk-io made a loss but it would be interesting to see where their 17k a week crowds are getting them. Been a while since they posted accounts is it not?

Winston Ingram
07-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Fill your boots lads....

I'd love to see what their crowds would be like if it weren't for their £19 season tickets for under 12. IIRC they sold between 1500-2000 of these? As a knock on they probably sold a further 1000 adult tickets to parents.

Not forgetting they always include season ticket holders whether they turn up or not. :agree:

WeAreHibs
07-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Soon to have a completed stadium, the best outside Glasgow. 20250 seater stadium.

Financially secure club.

Money available to spend on the squad, money spent on players such as Stokes and Liam Miller.

Compare this to -

Being kicked off a training ground to make way for students playing lacrosse everyday.

Haemorrhaging cash on duds like Nade and Kingston. Over 10 grand on each a week. Almost the entire weekly cost of our starting 11.

Financially screwed.

Well, I'll give you this, you are the big team when it comes to bending over and begging Romanov for another rogering.

Cling on to you're "108 years, attendances" jibes. You're just simply not "Hibs Class":bye:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ScottB
07-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Presumably our capacity is down to between 14 - 15,000 without the East, then remove however many seats that have to be left empty for segregation and however many empty seats there were that Killie fans didn't use surely we aren't going to be looking at getting crowds much bigger than 11 - 12k for the rest of this season?

Phil MaGlass
07-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Smart move by the yams though,they sell ST,s to the kids for peanuts,good strategy,get the kids in when they are at an impressionable age,for kids its more the going to the game and the atmosphere more than the result.We have Hibs kids with 4 freebies a year,how much are kids ST,s with Hibs?
My local club here has almost 2500-3000 in the adult and kids end, its almost full every home game and the prices are quite low.You want the gates to go up,make the parent and kids tix cheaper,but have them all sitting in one area of the stadium,they make a good bit of noise aswell.The club also invites kids fitba clubs from the area and give them discounted/free tix.The club used to average 5000-6500,now they are averaging 10-12,000,atmosphere is brilliant and the kids keep coming back.

Salsa
07-03-2010, 05:54 PM

Financially secure club.

Compare this to -

Being kicked off a training ground to make way for students playing lacrosse everyday. This has never happened to Hearts. There are about 4 pitches outdoors and 1 large 3g pitch inside at least. Hearts traditionally have never trained after12.30 since the Burley days. Gym work is often done at David Lloyd.

Illegal? Stadium owned by Hearts unlike Hibernian?

Got to agree however if it came to it it shows that Hearts can afford to pay these wages for players that do actually earn it on the pitch. Hibs cannot.

Who is laughing? Probably only second to Motherwell for recent form and considering how bad Hearts have been this season, are still going to be in the top 6 pushing for 5-4th place. I'd agree with you if you went for the likes of Hamilton though.

Financially screwed.
True. At least the money is only owed to the owner as opposed to 3rd parties though.

Is that all you have elft to use as an argument?

Except that derby record.

I honestly do not come here to stir or cause trouble, I'm not instigating an argument or phishing. Simply debating the points you raise.

Hibs have been far superior this season to Hearts and most other SPL teams, recent results have meant that the gap has tightened on yourselves and the rest of the top 6 however. I'm sure you were rooting for a draw today.

Hainan Hibs
07-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I honestly do not come here to stir or cause trouble, I'm not instigating an argument or phishing. Simply debating the points you raise.

Hibs have been far superior this season to Hearts and most other SPL teams, recent results have meant that the gap has tightened on yourselves and the rest of the top 6 however. I'm sure you were rooting for a draw today.

I could take time out my life to debate with a yam, but I'm not. I'm away to do something more productive such as a game of tetris or minesweeper.

matty_f
07-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Hibs own their stadium.

Salsa
07-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Hibs own their stadium.
I thought i may have eben wrong there. I was under the impression Farmer only partly owned it?

matty_f
07-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I thought i may have eben wrong there. I was under the impression Farmer only partly owned it?

Your impression was wrong.

We own our training ground too. Probably a similar set up with you guys, no? :dunno:

Salsa
07-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Your impression was wrong.

We own our training ground too. Probably a similar set up with you guys, no? :dunno:
What benefit is there to owning a training complex? Before the predictable response of teams forcing Hearts off pitches, it simply doesn't wash. A team has a pitch for an allotted time. if random punters were actually forcing teams oof pitches do you think Hearts would jsut stand for it? So other than that. Is there any difference? No.

Dunbar Hibee
07-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Is that all you have elft to use as an argument?

And all you have left is '108 years'?:confused:

DC_Hibs
07-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Got to agree however if it came to it it shows that Hearts can afford to pay these wages for players that do actually earn it on the pitch. Hibs cannot.

Hearts can afford to pay silly money can they? You are a financial genius in the same vein as the wonderful Vlad then. Hearts wages were - and perhaps still are for this season - in excess of 100% of their total turnover and their debt remains at a ridiculous level..... and would be even higher but for the debt for equity swap.

You spineless gimps sat back and watched your club being run into the ground all so you could celebrate the mass achievement of winning the scottish cup by hammering the giants of Gretna. That was your sole achievement from that expenditure and means your club is now lucky to survive.

For the next few years, if you are lucky you will be watching absolute garbage and your only realistic target will be to get top 6. Maybe if you develop a decent youngster or two and sell them for millions you can then start to aspire to be like Hibs but for the meantime we are out of your league Coco in terms of squad, academy and stadium.

MSK
07-03-2010, 07:00 PM
What benefit is there to owning a training complex? Before the predictable response of teams forcing Hearts off pitches, it simply doesn't wash. A team has a pitch for an allotted time. if random punters were actually forcing teams oof pitches do you think Hearts would jsut stand for it? So other than that. Is there any difference? No.Put it this way ..if HWU need the pitches they get the pitches ..you pay rent (and prob struggle to pay that) we dont ..we have privacy ..you dont ..we can train if & when we like... you cant ..we can re-develop East mains perhaps add accomodation blocks for visiting overseas teams..you cant ...if you dont pay yer bills you get booted off ..that means you train on dug **** filled parks ..we dont ..

Houchy
07-03-2010, 07:06 PM

Financially secure club.

Compare this to -

Financially screwed.

:top marks Take a bow son:agree:

HFC 0-7
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Has a point though as much as it pains me to say..considering we are 3rd our crowds are pretty rank ..:rolleyes:

If we have European football next year I think ST sales will be quite good for next season. People made their mind up before the start of the season that they wouldnt be going to Hibs games because of what was on offer last season. People will re think it next season if we are in Europe. Out of interest, the Yam saying that 10K was a rubbish crowd, how much can ER hold now the east is away?

MSK
07-03-2010, 07:23 PM
If we have European football next year I think ST sales will be quite good for next season. People made their mind up before the start of the season that they wouldnt be going to Hibs games because of what was on offer last season. People will re think it next season if we are in Europe. Out of interest, the Yam saying that 10K was a rubbish crowd, how much can ER hold now the east is away?Prob around the 14k mark i would say ...:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Even if they fuds had 400,000 paying customers at every home game between now and the end of the season I doubt they would still break even financially.

They're hurting still. Hurting really, really badly. :agree:

--------
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
What benefit is there to owning a training complex? Before the predictable response of teams forcing Hearts off pitches, it simply doesn't wash. A team has a pitch for an allotted time. if random punters were actually forcing teams oof pitches do you think Hearts would jsut stand for it? So other than that. Is there any difference? No.

You're not asking that question seriously, are you? I mean, I know that some of you have trouble with simple arithmetic, and I've met quite a few who have trouble walking upright, but I do think you should be thanking happyhibbie publicly for explaining the bleeding obvious to you in such a patient and restrained manner. :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
07-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Put it this way ..if HWU need the pitches they get the pitches ..you pay rent (and prob struggle to pay that) we dont ..we have privacy ..you dont ..we can train if & when we like... you cant ..we can re-develop East mains perhaps add accomodation blocks for visiting overseas teams..you cant ...if you dont pay yer bills you get booted off ..that means you train on dug **** filled parks ..we dont ..

You missed out that they (allegedly :wink:) got binned from David Lloyd for not paying their bills too so goodness knows where the "gym work" gets done now?! :agree: :faf:

Kaiser1962
07-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Nope. Was owned by a holding company and ownership was transferred back to the football club when STF/RP deemed that the club was solid enough financially. Watch and learn yamboy. This is how successful
businessmen operate.

--------
07-03-2010, 09:31 PM

Shouldn't believe everything you rerad on Keechback, pal. :devil:

The_Todd
07-03-2010, 09:35 PM

You'll find out when HWU finally get bored of having a tenant who doesn't pay rent :wink:

Kaiser1962
07-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Seriously? Apart from what some of the other guys have said there is the obvious one of the company having an asset that will appreciate in value. The land owned by Hibs at East Mains is many times larger than the footprint of the training centre. On the subject of the stadium do you really believe that Hearts own their stadium? Really? And the money is owed to the owner? Yet you seem to think that STF owning ER is somehow a valid point? STF did own ER, lock stock and barrel, but handed it back when we were ready. And I expect you guys believe that Vlad will do the same? Aye? And finally your debt is not owed to your owner, its owed to the bank of which Vlad is chairman and a major(not majority) shareholder. Ours is/was owed to our owner as most of the long term loans are from STF's personal wealth. Subtle but important difference.

hibeeleicester
07-03-2010, 09:50 PM
YouTube - Soccer AM - Crossbar Challenge - Hearts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEKYggV8tmk)

look at the state of that (very public) pitch.

I use the word pitch loosely aswell :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
YouTube - Soccer AM - Crossbar Challenge - Hearts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEKYggV8tmk)

look at the state of that (very public) pitch.

I use the word pitch loosely aswell :greengrin

I'd completely forgotten about that.

The one fae Matthew Park at 1:07 still reduces me to tears:faf::faf::faf:

seanraff07
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I'd completely forgotten about that.

The one fae Matthew Park at 1:07 still reduces me to tears:faf::faf::faf:

Callum Elliot 'dancing superstar'.. that's what he should've said.:faf:

ahibby
08-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Well for a start Hibs decide which of the many pitches they have at their disposal are used. Which should mean our pitches stay in a better condition, through rotation. It is also an asset which will show as such on our accounts adding to the wealth of the club. Where as Hearts have a liability in that they have to pay rent every year (£200,000 IIRC). We also own the land surrounding the Training areas (which we don't really need), so guess what will happen with that in ten or twenty years time (kerching!).

MSK
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Well for a start Hibs decide which of the many pitches they have at their disposal are used. Which should mean our pitches stay in a better condition, through rotation. It is also an asset which will show as such on our accounts adding to the wealth of the club. Where as Hearts have a liability in that they have to pay rent every year (£200,000 IIRC). We also own the land surrounding the Training areas (which we don't really need), so guess what will happen with that in ten or twenty years time (kerching!).Also when signing players they are taken round & shown the fantastic training facilities at East Mains....as opposed to walking through HWU & bumping into fat trampy yam students/players slobbering over pot noodles & next day Greggs sausage rolls ...

Bad Martini
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
1) We don't owe £35 MILLION+ notes (to anyone, owner, or otherwise) - for the financially uninitiated, this is "good". Whilst profits do attract tax, what's left after tax is paid, is the good stuff we rather enjoy...it pays for things such as players wages (on time), stadium development (new east stand), training ground (outright) and so on, and so forth...

2) Not only do we not owe £35 MILLION+ notes, we have, for the last few years, recorded a modest profit. Yes, this profit is not of earth shattering magnitude but profit is better than loss in the view of most accountants and financial commentators...

3) We do not share our training facilities and furthermore, in fact own our training facility which is bespoke, built for purpose and (according to many independent commentators) right up there with the facilities of many other clubs. An investment in our players can only ever be a good thing. We share this, with nobody. We can train all year round, no need for hiring and/or use of gyms etc - its rather clever and, as noted, it is already paid for...

4) Our ground (that we own and for which we can in fact repay our mortgage on those stands where a mortgage exists) is in the process of being upgraded to replace an old stand. This will bring the whole stadium in line with current standards, increase our capacity by more than 3000 further seats and indeed, look rather vintage...

5) Our ground (the one noted above), is in fact compliant with Uefa standards and should we attain sufficient league position and/or acheive something of note in the Scottish Cup, we shall be well placed to play our games at our Uefa complaint stadium. Note: we will not need to use somebody elses' facilities, we won't need to hire Murrayfield for example, at further cost to us and indeed, we shall make a "tidy wee sum" from the whole venture. A fine place to be...

6) Our owner does not pick our team. We have a proper structure whereby the chairman appoints staff and devolves all matters of playing concern, to the manager (common practice across the world). This means the manager "manages" the team if you will. No discussions are entered into via fax (or any other machine) and indeed, this novel concept has worked well for a number of years...

7) It has to be said, at times our play is not always perfect but it's surely moving in the right direction and indeed, we have players to support our objective of playing football, as opposed to "hoofball", as utilised by some clubs in Scotland...

8) We are not awaiting in joyful hope, for the arrival of any Brazillian World Cup stars. Even if such footballing masters were enticed to a rain soaked Scotland, we understand paying such wages would be something of a "bad idea". We also recognise the first port of call for Brazillian stars would not be the SPL...this is called being in touch with reality.

9) Generally speaking, we do business the way it should be done. This generally does not involve calling people monkeys nor does it involve giving players a skud and publishing said event on "youtube"...

10) Finally, green such a nice colour. Everything is green over here and over here, the grass really is, a nicer hue of green. Green, green, green everywhere.....green, also noted by some is the colour associated with envy. Surely, a massively ironic little coincidence for many, many people.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Green_one
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
The post from SALSA sums it up for me

* Basic information on his own club hopelessly wrong
* Propaganda about Hibs swallowed hook & line
* Where there is something positive he tries to negate it - who needs to own a training ground. Adding the great bit - we never train after 12.30 (yeah I wonder why Sherlock!!!). Then it turns out where they do weights is no longer taking their IOUs - classic.
* Ignore at all costs the financial situation which dominates the whole issue by attributing debt (wrongly) to someone who 'will never try to get it back'

OK so I will take LSD or something and believe that having a fully modern stadium, training ground, little debt and challenging for 3rd is all rubbish compared to the mysterious world of Jambo fantasy. I get it, I really really do. Can I suggest you get in the queue for the Alice in Wonderland movie - you Jambos will love it. :blah::blah::blah:

Delboy4
08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
1) We don't owe £35 MILLION+ notes (to anyone, owner, or otherwise) - for the financially uninitiated, this is "good". Whilst profits do attract tax, what's left after tax is paid, is the good stuff we rather enjoy...it pays for things such as players wages (on time), stadium development (new east stand), training ground (outright) and so on, and so forth...

2) Not only do we not owe £35 MILLION+ notes, we have, for the last few years, recorded a modest profit. Yes, this profit is not of earth shattering magnitude but profit is better than loss in the view of most accountants and financial commentators...

3) We do not share our training facilities and furthermore, in fact own our training facility which is bespoke, built for purpose and (according to many independent commentators) right up there with the facilities of many other clubs. An investment in our players can only ever be a good thing. We share this, with nobody. We can train all year round, no need for hiring and/or use of gyms etc - its rather clever and, as noted, it is already paid for...

4) Our ground (that we own and for which we can in fact repay our mortgage on those stands where a mortgage exists) is in the process of being upgraded to replace an old stand. This will bring the whole stadium in line with current standards, increase our capacity by more than 3000 further seats and indeed, look rather vintage...

5) Our ground (the one noted above), is in fact compliant with Uefa standards and should we attain sufficient league position and/or acheive something of note in the Scottish Cup, we shall be well placed to play our games at our Uefa complaint stadium. Note: we will not need to use somebody elses' facilities, we won't need to hire Murrayfield for example, at further cost to us and indeed, we shall make a "tidy wee sum" from the whole venture. A fine place to be...

6) Our owner does not pick our team. We have a proper structure whereby the chairman appoints staff and devolves all matters of playing concern, to the manager (common practice across the world). This means the manager "manages" the team if you will. No discussions are entered into via fax (or any other machine) and indeed, this novel concept has worked well for a number of years...

7) It has to be said, at times our play is not always perfect but it's surely moving in the right direction and indeed, we have players to support our objective of playing football, as opposed to "hoofball", as utilised by some clubs in Scotland...

8) We are not awaiting in joyful hope, for the arrival of any Brazillian World Cup stars. Even if such footballing masters were enticed to a rain soaked Scotland, we understand paying such wages would be something of a "bad idea". We also recognise the first port of call for Brazillian stars would not be the SPL...this is called being in touch with reality.

9) Generally speaking, we do business the way it should be done. This generally does not involve calling people monkeys nor does it involve giving players a skud and publishing said event on "youtube"...

10) Finally, green such a nice colour. Everything is green over here and over here, the grass really is, a nicer hue of green. Green, green, green everywhere.....green, also noted by some is the colour associated with envy. Surely, a massively ironic little coincidence for many, many people.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

:top marks

Phil D. Rolls
08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
OK so I will take LSD or something and believe that having a fully modern stadium, training ground, little debt and challenging for 3rd is all rubbish compared to the mysterious world of Jambo fantasy. I get it, I really really do. Can I suggest you get in the queue for the Alice in Wonderland movie - you Jambos will love it. :blah::blah::blah:

Is that the one where everything disappears down a hole? I think Johnny Depp would be very good at playing the Vlad Hatter.