PDA

View Full Version : Ended a 5 match (without winning) streak...

Ell_Chrisso
06-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Hibernian ended a five-match winless streak with a narrow Scottish Premier League victory over Kilmarnock.

Time to lighten up abit, and be happy the lads have turned around our recent poor form EH?

I know there are people unhappy with a player making a few slack passes, and that we only had 2 shots on target... blaaa blaaa..

But, we WON.

Who cares if we didn't have one shot on target the whole game, and won in the last min with a huge deflected OG?

When your luck's out, and your not playing well, a win's a win. How many times have we seen Rangers & Celtic do this over the years?

Maybe now that we have ended that streak, we can concentrate on improving again, back to the level we were at earlier in the season.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Kevvy1875
06-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Thats the spirit!:top marks

Wished more had your positive attitude to be honest. Sometimes I look at these negative posts...Hogg's in never a captain, Nish falls over etc etc and wonder what the point is of being a supporter if you never support but only moan.

At this stage of the season with teams scrapping tooth and nail for every point then any win is a good win no matter how its achieved.

Ell_Chrisso
06-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Suppose keeping everyone happy is never going to happen, win lose or draw.

But maybe people need to see the bigger picture. At the end of the day, your playing for 3 points.. and thats exactly what we got.

Think Mowbary's era proved that the beautiful football etc doesn't always win in this division. We got that lesson when we had our asses hand to us up in Perth.

Great result to grind out today, now let's build...

TornadoHibby
06-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Hibernian ended a five-match winless streak with a narrow Scottish Premier League victory over Kilmarnock.

Time to lighten up abit, and be happy the lads have turned around our recent poor form EH?
I know there are people unhappy with a player making a few slack passes, and that we only had 2 shots on target... blaaa blaaa..

But, we WON.

Who cares if we didn't have one shot on target the whole game, and won in the last min with a huge deflected OG?

When your luck's out, and your not playing well, a win's a win. How many times have we seen Rangers & Celtic do this over the years?

Maybe now that we have ended that streak, we can concentrate on improving again, back to the level we were at earlier in the season.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

No idea why anyone at the game today would think that! :confused:

We were awful all over the park today and only Benji and Galbraith looked likely to generate a goal chance for us IMO! :agree:

Great strike by Deek for what turned out to be the winner though but we really must improve hugely in every position over the next week otherwise we may well find ourselves not going to Hampden around 3.50pm next Saturday! :cool2:

MacBean
06-03-2010, 08:32 PM

We were awful all over the park today and only Benji and Galbraith looked likely to generate a goal chance for us IMO! :agree:

Great strike by Deek for what turned out to be the winner though but we really must improve hugely in every position over the next week otherwise we may well find ourselves not going to Hampden around 3.50pm next Saturday! :cool2:

:agree:

Ell_Chrisso
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM

Yea, well i wasn't at the game yesterday, as i was SUPPOSED to be playing myself, (bankfoot are scared)

but i was pointing out purely people should just be happy with the result, not the performance. Considering we have been pretty guff lately.

The time to build on it, is after getting yourself out the hole.

Hibercelona
07-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Suppose keeping everyone happy is never going to happen, win lose or draw.

But maybe people need to see the bigger picture. At the end of the day, your playing for 3 points.. and thats exactly what we got.

Think Mowbary's era proved that the beautiful football etc doesn't always win in this division. We got that lesson when we had our asses hand to us up in Perth.

Great result to grind out today, now let's build...

Aye.... we were playing silky stuff right enough. :wink:

H18sry
07-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I dont know if its just coincidence but our losing run coincided with Bamba returning from the ACN, our win yesterday was gained in part without Bamba, so in my mind the only common denominator is Sol :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2010, 10:47 AM
As most our performances have been pretty bad all season, a win is cause to celebrate. We have a lot of talent in our squad, as evidenced by the fact that we can play poorly and win so many games. Yes, we got caught in a bad slump, but over the piece, we've still probably got about what we deserve.

We had some very good games, twice against Motherwell, home and away, once against Dundee United at home and Rangers away, and Celtic away and Hamilton home, but the rest of the games we haven't been that great but have won more than we've lost.

Still think the main excitement is that this team has yet to click and play consistently to its full potential. So we should get our heads up and really enjoy the run-in this season instead of being all nervy and sour about it all.

Great position to be in that come March the season is still alive on two fronts.

Hibercelona
07-03-2010, 11:07 AM
The BBC site always gets the stats wrong. We had more than 2 shots on target (although, not many).

Riordans shot in the first half that was tipped around the post.
The shot from the spot.
The shot on target for the goal.
Stokes shot that was saved near the end.