PDA

View Full Version : First Elton John - Now Mick Hucknall Live @ Easter Road

Gala Foxes
06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Great to see Mick Hucknall making an appearance at Easter Road this afternoon. Disappointed he never gave us a blast of Money's Too Tight To Mention but relieved he didn't sing the later Simply Red back catalogue as it was pretty dire.

Mind you, ref should have had the penalty retaken as Hucknall was well off his line when Benji took the pen.

Gatecrasher
06-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Great to see Mick Hucknall making an appearance at Easter Road this afternoon. Disappointed he never gave us a blast of Money's Too Tight To Mention but relieved he didn't sing the later Simply Red back catalogue as it was pretty dire.

Mind you, ref should have had the penalty retaken as Hucknall was well off his line when Benji took the pen.

the guy looked like a nutcase but made some decent saves

truehibernian
06-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Thought it was Chris Burke's overweight brother when I saw him, or this guy with hair a la gingere !

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Samwise_Gamgee (http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Samwise_Gamgee)

Toaods
06-03-2010, 09:04 PM
the guy looked like a nutcase but made some decent saves

he also put the highly rated Stack to shame by showing him how to kick a ball properly.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Thought Hucks was in Liverpool :dunno:

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Chris Jackson's love child surely?

:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Stick-on to move to Hertz at the end of the season,

or is Money Too Tight to Mention ? :confused:

down-the-slope
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Credit ti him for 4/5 stops..but even more for the way he commanded box and made early desicions to come out for the ball etc...a youngster could fold in that situation....he shone.

Just glad we got one past him

Sas_The_Hibby
07-03-2010, 12:03 AM

Can't say I noticed, but refs never look out for this (or ignore it if they do). Along with ignoring players encroaching on the penalty box before a penalty's been taken and doing nothing about the fouling that goes on in the box at dead balls, this is a pet hate of mine. Don't get me started...... :grr::greengrin

truehibernian
07-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Have to say I thought that was one of the best ref performances at ER this season. Let the game flow and wasn't born with a whistle in his mouth. Was too far away to see the penalty encroaching, but all in all he let both teams play fairly.

Removed
07-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Have to say I thought that was one of the best ref performances at ER this season. Let the game flow and wasn't born with a whistle in his mouth. Was too far away to see the penalty encroaching, but all in all he let both teams play fairly.

I'd get your tin hat ready. That ref was poor today, just shows how bad the rest have been if you thought that was one of the best.

truehibernian
07-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Can only think of two contentious decisions, one of them being the save the keeper made from Stokes, which was the linesman's call (we were right in line when he flagged for a bye kick :bitchy:). Wasn't card happy either which was a bonus for the derby given Bamba and Miller were walking a tightrope.

snooky
07-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Eh? :confused: He was dire! (Unless you're being sarky :greengrin - then whoosh)

Westie1875
07-03-2010, 12:52 AM

You jest surely? :confused:

He stopped the game every 2 mins when he really didn't need to, never let the game flow at all IMO.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Listening to the game on the radio, the shrill of the ref's whistle was all too regular. I thought I'd tuned into a rave.