PDA

View Full Version : Hoggenbauer/Captain (MERGED)

down the slope
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
How he gets a game is beyond me, he would not get a game for any other team in the SPL, time after time he choose the wrong option-punt him for the good of the club as quickly as possible.
I start to worry about Hughes with his refusal to deal with issues like this, he seems hell bent on playing him come what may and as for making him captain !!!!.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I better not say a word..

.Sean.
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
The Hogg bashing is boooooooooring :yawn:

People seem to forget his outstanding 07/08 campaign when he won our Player of the Year award and held the team together. He's not at his best at the moment, but I still feel he can be relied on. He'll come good again.

Violater
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
:yawn:

TheMentalHibees
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Think he does an alright job. Bamba is the one that can play and Hogg is the unattractive, robust player. Agreed he punts it a bit too often, but he does what he's put there to do.

Elephant Stone
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I thought Hogg was solid today, he made some decent passes from defence aswell

Bob Box Fish
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Thought he was poor again today. Good promising player in hanlon though.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM

:faf:

Ok, stop it..

HibeeUnderwood
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Think he does an alright job. Bamba is the one that can play and Hogg is the unattractive, robust player. Agreed he punts it a bit too often, but he does what he's put there to do.

Bamba's been crap lately

Hopefully this injury won't keep him out for long but it will hopefully means he comes back better

Well done Hanlon today for coming in and doing a good job :agree:

.Sean.
06-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Bamba's been crap lately

Hopefully this injury won't keep him out for long but it will hopefully means he comes back better

Well done Hanlon today for coming in and doing a good job :agree:
...yet still doesn't hear an ounce of abuse that our club captain constantly receives from certain idiots. And aye, Bamba has been piss. Get Hanlon in, he should never have been dropped to re-accommodate Bamba in the first place.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
...yet still doesn't hear an ounce of abuse that our club captain constantly receives from certain idiots. And aye, Bamba has been piss. Get Hanlon in, he should never have been dropped to re-accommodate Bamba in the first place.

You really talk pish eh?!

Bamba is 5 times the player Hogg is! Anyone with eyes can see that!

When we sell Bamba for a few million quid will Hogg be the next multi million pound transfer out the door?!

Naw..

He'd no get a game at centre half for any other SPL team never mind EPL or Championship sides..

TheMentalHibees
06-03-2010, 05:09 PM

Bamba is a flair player, which is why he doesn't get that much abuse. Since he came back from the ANC, he's been rank rotten. Think Yogi made a mistake bringing him back in straight away, as the team was playing well without him and Hanlon had been doing a sterling job in his place. I just feel that our defence lacks height when Bamba isn't playing.

Dunbar Hibee
06-03-2010, 05:10 PM

When we sell Bamba for a few million quid will Hogg be the next multi million pound transfer out the door?!

Naw..

He'd no get a game at centre half for any other SPL team never mind EPL or Championship sides..

Not on current form.

Golden Bear
06-03-2010, 05:11 PM

Naw..

Utter nonsense.

cloudy
06-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Naw..

so if you play pish but are worth a million pound you should get a game??? hogg gives 100% every week, bamba is causing us problems every week

steve75
06-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Killie had one clear chance at goal today, and it was Bambas fault. The defence as a whole was quality, considering how much they had to do with the midfeild giving the ball up so much. I can only think of one chanllenge Hogg missed, he won every arial battle and covered well, granted his distrabution was woeful, but defensivley can't be faulted.

Kevvy1875
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Hogg seems to be coming in for a bit undeserved abuse. He must look ahead of him on the pitch for a pass and if his midfielders dont run into space for an easy ball for Hogg then whats he supposed to do? Perhaps his teamates need to help him more in this respect?

I dont like to see Hogg pumping the ball long but if he has no other option then I don't think he is the player we should lump all the criticism on?

Hogg is a solid CB and underated IMO. We could do worse.

Elephant Stone
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM

Naw..

What a pile of steaming hot feces that really is :blah:

Perspective
06-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Some of the abuse dished out to our players by 'supporters' is beyond belief.

Hogg - who was clearly nursing an injury from when the turf gave way while he was sheperding the ball out of play - was solid at worst today in a defence that restricted Kilmarnock to scraps. How many saves did Stack have to make today?

I think he's a decent player and a fine captain. Not a natural athlete like Bamba and maybe not even as assured a footballer as Hanlon, but he's got a wise head on young shoulders and gives the 7-out-of-ten performances on a weekly basis that will do me fine until we sign someone who is better.

I'm always fascinated to hear people decrying his captaincy skills. Can I ask why they think that's the case and what makes someone like Ian Murray (who I also rate in the 7/10 category) a better man for the job?

While I'm on this rant, Wotherspoon and Stevenson were both slaughtered on several occasions today. Two players who clearly are lacking in confidence, so the rocket scientists decide to boo them. It doesn't take Watt Nicol to tell you they need encouragement. Benji, too, took it tight with some of the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard at Easter Road.

For a team that's over-achieved so far this season from where I expected them to be, a club that's flourishing off the pitch, I'm happy to support and see where it takes us come the season's end.

Ell_Chrisso
06-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I actually can't think of any side in the league bar the ugly sister's that wouldn't take Hogg.

Nonsense thread, yet again.

We won, can't we be happy?

MSK
06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I actually can't think of any side in the league bar the ugly sister's that wouldn't take Hogg.

Nonsense thread, yet again.

We won, can't we be happy?Yer joking ...there must be race to be first to get a player bashing thread up on hibs.net ...predictable & boring !! :yawn:

BT58
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Hogg - who was clearly nursing an injury from when the turf gave way while he was sheperding the ball out of play - was solid at worst today in a defence that restricted Kilmarnock to scraps. How many saves did Stack have to make today?

I think he's a decent player and a fine captain. Not a natural athlete like Bamba and maybe not even as assured a footballer as Hanlon, but he's got a wise head on young shoulders and gives the 7-out-of-ten performances on a weekly basis that will do me fine until we sign someone who is better.

I'm always fascinated to hear people decrying his captaincy skills. Can I ask why they think that's the case and what makes someone like Ian Murray (who I also rate in the 7/10 category) a better man for the job?

While I'm on this rant, Wotherspoon and Stevenson were both slaughtered on several occasions today. Two players who clearly are lacking in confidence, so the rocket scientists decide to boo them. It doesn't take Watt Nicol to tell you they need encouragement. Benji, too, took it tight with some of the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard at Easter Road.

For a team that's over-achieved so far this season from where I expected them to be, a club that's flourishing off the pitch, I'm happy to support and see where it takes us come the season's end.

well if hes captain fantastic then im superman
WE PLAY IN GREEN JERSEYS
hogg never once passed to a player in a green shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as fer his zico attempt at scoring :faf::faf::faf:
a captain leads by EXAMPLE,,,,,,,,,,
theres only one captain on that field today,[mr murray take a bow]
young hanlon could show hoggy a thing or two
never expected hibs to be higher than 5th this season as we are in transitition
but as we have been off too a flier, do expect EUROPE at least
hb

Billychaotic182
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

.Sean.
06-03-2010, 05:55 PM

Naw..

:faf:

Bamba is certainly not ''5 times the player Hogg is.'' I don't think there's another poster who would agree with you on that one.

And you're honestly saying Hogg couldn't get a game for Hamilton, Falkirk, St Mirren, or even a toiling Championship outfit?

Your post is steaming pile of ******.

stantonhibby
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
WE PLAY IN GREEN JERSEYS
hb

have a word ...........Murray was poor today , as he has been for quite a few weeks now.

BT58
06-03-2010, 06:06 PM
at least mr murray tried to rally the troops
has mr hogg a voice in his head????
not asking fer hoggy to be screaming at his team mates,,,,,,,just be a captain
can you tell me when he ACTUALLY PASSED TO A GREEN SHIRT ?????
[btw stack dosent count]:wink::wink:
hb

Simkin911
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I personally don't rate Hogg - IMHO he balls watches too much and is lost too easily by any decent forward with reasonably good movement.

His distribution is the poorest part of his game but Hughes isn't obviously picking him for this reason. I would say, however, that our lack of aerial strength up front makes ALL his "punts" seem a pointless loss of possession. For this, I can't entirely blame Hogg.

It would be good to have a target man up front - someone with strength to hold the ball up and bring others into play. I don't mean this should become the type of play we foster, only that it would be nice to have a Plan B if our preferred method isn't effective.

Meanwhile, I agree that some of the stuff aimed at Stevenson is quite shocking. FFS, he's no playmaker but he's hardly surrounded by others at the top of their game.

I fear for some of the younger guys with the lack of support which comes their way from a section of the crowd. I wrote about some clown berating Wotherspoon last Saturday.

REALITY CHECK needed. We're 3rd in the league. We have been most of the season. That's a fantastic achievement esp since we've been only playing well in flashes for several months now. This is Hibs after all. 3rd is damn good for our team. :agree:

TheMentalHibees
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
at least mr murray tried to rally the troops
has mr hogg a voice in his head????
not asking fer hoggy to be screaming at his team mates,,,,,,,just be a captain
can you tell me when he ACTUALLY PASSED TO A GREEN SHIRT ?????
[btw stack dosent count]:wink::wink:
hb

65th minute he passed it to Wotherspoon. On a number of other occasions, he passed it to Murray. He also chested it to Miller in the first half, but that might not qualify in your book. Why on earth are some people never content? Hogg didn't play a blinder today, but who did? He had an average game, nothing outstanding, but did what was asked of him.

Perspective
06-03-2010, 07:10 PM
65th minute he passed it to Wotherspoon. On a number of other occasions, he passed it to Murray. He also chested it to Miller in the first half, but that might not qualify in your book. Why on earth are some people never content? Hogg didn't play a blinder today, but who did? He had an average game, nothing outstanding, but did what was asked of him.

The logic seems to be that if he ran about screaming his head off, fist clenched and kissing the badge then he would be captaincy material.

Just like John Terry...

For me, a captain doesn't have to be the best player in the team. He should be the face of the club - which Hogg excells at as a model professional who never says a word out of place. He clearly sets the standard in terms of the way he lives his life off the park, is constantly vocal to team-mates (encouraging and organising) on it and puts in a decent shift.

He's not a great player, but he's not the bombscare many make him out to be. I'm happy for him to be one of the first names on the team-sheet until we find someone better (that's how teams progress after all).

NaeTechnoHibby
06-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Get off Hogg's back, he's decent CB :agree:

Not brilliant, but we cannae afford the Cannavaro's of this world right now :greengrin

BTW I think FC is 5ft 9", which is short for a defensive player :rolleyes:

However, like Hogg, he'd got a guid "leap oan him" :thumbsup:

hibeesliam94
06-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Killie had one clear chance at goal today, and it was Bambas fault. The defence as a whole was quality, considering how much they had to do with the midfeild giving the ball up so much. I can only think of one chanllenge Hogg missed, he won every arial battle and covered well, granted his distrabution was woeful, but defensivley can't be faulted.

:agree:

Franck is God
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I thought our whole defence were fine today. Hogg and Hanlon were solid, don't think Killie had anything on target all afternoon, Stack certainly had very little to do.

Removed
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I thought our whole defence were fine today. Hogg and Hanlon were solid, don't think Killie had anything on target all afternoon, Stack certainly had very little to do.

I think that says more about Killie than our defence imo. I don't normally slag players on here but I do think that Hogg was very poor today.

Franck is God
06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I think that says more about Killie than our defence imo. I don't normally slag players on here but I do think that Hogg was very poor today.

I want my defenders to win their tackles and headers. Both Hoggy and hanlon did that all afternoon. Distribution comes second for me and I think the pitch has to take a bit of blame for some of the poor passing and it wasn't just Hogg that it had an affect on.

Toaods
06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I could only laugh as quite a lot of fans got all excited as he power played a couple of consecutive headers against Mehdi Taoul and Maguire.

Sadly his passing is absolutely dire, organisational skills average at best and please, anyone able to offer a semblence of excuse for that chronic square-headed header in the second half or the taking charge of the punt between him and Paul Hanlon, only to softly drop a header right back to the Killie midfield whereas any half decent CH would have slipped it back to Stack.

I can only hope and prey that Yogi has someone lined up to come in and replace him because we'll win nothing with him as a lynchpin. Perhaps he has and is only making do with what is available meantime.

Hanlon was infinitely superior in all quarters and must be a first pick from now on IMHO,even though he will make the odd gaffe here and there.

Hogg's been at the club for years but hasn't improved whatsoever, hence the complete lack of interest from any club.

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM

:shocked:

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 08:22 PM
hi we need bamba in midfield for some height he can play there did last year.we need rankin back,hanlon left in centre back,hogg too the difference would be amazing how can yogi no see this?plus lewis is a nice lad a trier but no up to it.

WindyMiller
06-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I could only laugh as quite a lot of fans got all excited as he power played a couple of consecutive headers against Mehdi Taoul and Maguire.

Sadly his passing is absolutely dire, organisational skills average at best and someone want ot offer a semblence of excuse for that chronic square-headed header in the second half or the taking charge of the punt between him and Paul Hanlon, onl y to softly drop a header right back to the Killie midfield whereas any half decent CH would have slipped it back to Stack.

I can only hope and prey that Yogi has someone lined up to come in and replace him because we'll win nothing with him as a lynchpin. Perhaps he has and is only making do with what is available meantime.

Hanlon was infinitely superior in all quarters and must be a first pick from now on IMHO,even though he will make the odd gaffe here and there.

Hogg's been at the club for years but hasn't improved whatsoever, hence the complete lack of interest from any club.

This 100%.

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Sadly his passing is absolutely dire, organisational skills average at best and someone want ot offer a semblence of excuse for that chronic square-headed header in the second half or the taking charge of the punt between him and Paul Hanlon, onl y to softly drop a header right back to the Killie midfield whereas any half decent CH would have slipped it back to Stack.

:top marks

(sits back and waits on the usual Hogg bashing accusations)

wee 162
06-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Possibly the worst passer of a ball that's ever existed in any level of professional fitba.

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
look we all know hogg cannae pass but he wins alot of tackles ,headers etc he is no sauzee never will be but he does a job and we know what we get from him,hanlon is a future scotland centre back mark my words and bamba could be the thing the team is missing if he is played in midfield

Love the Green
06-03-2010, 08:40 PM

Get your arse along to specsavers ASAP..He was a disgrace today..not alone mind you Ths fair on offer at Hibs over the past 7 games is nothing short of shocking..passing, tackling shooting all non existant and as for the workrate and positioning...primary school stuff...
MOM young Hanlon

Only improvement on last season is in the goalkeeping department what exactly do we do at the training ground.

"keep the faith"

Nakedmanoncrack
06-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Sadly his passing is absolutely dire, organisational skills average at best and please, anyone able to offer a semblence of excuse for that chronic square-headed header in the second half or the taking charge of the punt between him and Paul Hanlon, only to softly drop a header right back to the Killie midfield whereas any half decent CH would have slipped it back to Stack.

By no means the worst player to play for Hibs but as you say his passing & organisational skills are very poor. There is no reason why the captain has to be one of the most exciting, creative players, or even one of the best players in the team, but they should at least be competant & respected. Hogg is neither, the sooner he is replaced the better.

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
aye good comment i would expect something like that from a west stander

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 09:21 PM
aye good comment i would expect something like that from a west stander

What's with the west stander jibe? Does the stand you sit in affect your opinion on a player? Hogg couldnae pass wind today, never mind the ball and his heading was ropey too. As for the 'shot' from 40 yards - jeezo.

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
jonny boy u are a wind up merchant mate an i willnae rise to yer bate,gan by your posts you dont get oot much so u probably were not even there the day

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 09:26 PM
jonny boy u are a wind up merchant mate an i willnae rise to yer bate,gan by your posts you dont get oot much so u probably were not even there the day

:asshole:

LTYF

lyonhibs
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM

Hogg did the simple things relatively well, against probably the most ineffectual attack one could could hope to see at ER this season. Without Kyle to bounce long balls off, they offered absolutely nothing, and their one chance came from Bamba getting a rush of blood to the head. Thankfully - though not all that surprisingly - the Killie striker fluffed his lines.

However, I must take issue with your line re: his distribution. Any - and I do mean any - time he tried a forward pass, as opposed to going sideways/backwards, it put the recipient under pressure/went straight to the opposition.

Either he tries this wee floaty, dinky efforts out of defence that rarely cross the half way line and usually come back with interest within about 10 seconds or he punts the ball to a mysterious 12 foot tall winger who doesn't actually exist, therefore handing the ball straight back to the opposition.

I'm no member of the Bamba love-in either - I think he's been a bit of a liability at times - but Hogg's distribution rarely creeps above the mediocre.

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 09:29 PM
aye so were u there jonnyeeeeee boy

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
aye so were u there jonnyeeeeee boy

West stand. Noew do me a favour and away and play on the motorway ya tube

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry, I thought Hogg played well today. Won loads in the air and was in a defence that kept a clean sheet without a shot on target.

If anyone on this board wants a moan, how about Liam "Man of the Match" Millar :bitchy: I'm a fan but he was rank rotten today.

fife hfc
06-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I thought Hogg was poor again today and hanlon looked far superior to him in ball winning and distribution. What I will say is the lack of movement infront of the defence does not dive the defenders many options. however if you can't pass ten yards then it ould not matter how many options you have.

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
yep lyonhibs i agree hoggs distribution is pish but he does a job......david weir his distribution is so good he sets up loads oh chances for rangers?get the tackles in and get it up the park is what u want from a centre half

lothianhibee
06-03-2010, 09:33 PM
are u sure u are a hibby jonnieeeee boy cos if u are u are a right tit and first hibby i have met in that cat.mind u dinnae git oot much do u

greenlex
06-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Hogg seems to be coming in for a bit undeserved abuse. He must look ahead of him on the pitch for a pass and if his midfielders dont run into space for an easy ball for Hogg then whats he supposed to do? Perhaps his teamates need to help him more in this respect?

I dont like to see Hogg pumping the ball long but if he has no other option then I don't think he is the player we should lump all the criticism on?

Hogg is a solid CB and underated IMO. We could do worse.

WTF was he thinking? He could have rolled it back to Stack so he could lump it forward.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Hogg did the simple things relatively well, against probably the most ineffectual attack one could could hope to see at ER this season. Without Kyle to bounce long balls off, they offered absolutely nothing, and their one chance came from Bamba getting a rush of blood to the head. Thankfully - though not all that surprisingly - the Killie striker fluffed his lines.

However, I must take issue with your line re: his distribution. Any - and I do mean any - time he tried a forward pass, as opposed to going sideways/backwards, it put the recipient under pressure/went straight to the opposition.

Either he tries this wee floaty, dinky efforts out of defence that rarely cross the half way line and usually come back with interest within about 10 seconds or he punts the ball to a mysterious 12 foot tall winger who doesn't actually exist, therefore handing the ball straight back to the opposition.

I'm no member of the Bamba love-in either - I think he's been a bit of a liability at times - but Hogg's distribution rarely creeps above the mediocre.

Shut up..

Hogg's pish..

Aye.

green.and.white
06-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Possibly the worst passer of a ball that's ever existed in any level of professional fitba.

Just shut up and f*** off if that's all you have to say, that's not even funny, just stupid

LOOBY-hibee-LOO
06-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Can i just say that regarding posts above. There are many opinions on todays match. I accept as most of you do that sometimes peoples opinions are very strong. For the record Lothianhibee did not leave by mutual consent. Somebody in admin decided that they did not like the way the conversation was going between him and Jonnyboy.. Unfortunately as Jonnyboy is the one with the friends in high places and my husband has now been removed from the forum. They insult him by calling him a Yam.. Anyone else posting beware if your opinions of the west stand or Chris hogg become anything more than what a primary two would say you have the same fair chance of becoming branded a YAM and subsequently removed from the site.:grr::grr:. My husband is a season ticket holder as is my seven year old son. NOT A YAM. :confused::confused:

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Can i just say that regarding posts above. There are many opinions on todays match. I accept as most of you do that sometimes peoples opinions are very strong. For the record Lothianhibee did not leave by mutual consent. Somebody in admin decided that they did not like the way the conversation was going between him and Jonnyboy.. Unfortunately as Jonnyboy is the one with the friends in high places and my husband has now been removed from the forum. They insult him by calling him a Yam.. Anyone else posting beware if your opinions of the west stand or Chris hogg become anything more than what a primary two would say you have the same fair chance of becoming branded a YAM and subsequently removed from the site.:grr::grr:. My husband is a season ticket holder as is my seven year old son. NOT A YAM. :confused::confused:

To be fair, his comments were not worthy of a Primary 2 kid. There is hard talking, there is opinion, and there is abuse.

Removed
06-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Maybe he should have thought a bit more before he posted then. That's why he got launched I'd say.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Just read the thread, and my immediate thoughts were he was a yam, the insults swayed it that way for me. That and his spelling.:confused: No idea why he was binned, but he was an idiot the way he was posting against anyone who disagreed with his views.

greenlex
Why was he acting like a dick to a well respected Hibby then? Just curious likes but if he wasnt posting like a 6 year old in primary two he might still be here.. Anyone who has met JC would not act like that. FWIW IMO the board will be a better place without him. Yam or not.

LOOBY-hibee-LOO

yeah so this is ok????

ArabHibee
06-03-2010, 10:40 PM

LTYF'S Missus!!! :grr:

greenlex
06-03-2010, 10:42 PM
yeah so this is ok????
Granted not JC's usual level but someone dragged him down there.

LOOBY-hibee-LOO
I wasnt saying he was correct, what i was saying is that it went two ways, these things happen when people have strong opinions but to call him a YAM of all things that was a bit severe.....

blackpoolhibs
LTYF'S Missus!!! :grr:

:faf::faf::top marks

MSK
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Can i just say that regarding posts above. There are many opinions on todays match. I accept as most of you do that sometimes peoples opinions are very strong. For the record Lothianhibee did not leave by mutual consent. Somebody in admin decided that they did not like the way the conversation was going between him and Jonnyboy.. Unfortunately as Jonnyboy is the one with the friends in high places and my husband has now been removed from the forum. They insult him by calling him a Yam.. Anyone else posting beware if your opinions of the west stand or Chris hogg become anything more than what a primary two would say you have the same fair chance of becoming branded a YAM and subsequently removed from the site.:grr::grr:. My husband is a season ticket holder as is my seven year old son. NOT A YAM. :confused::confused:As explained by our pm exchange his status was changed ..you knew that so why try & stir the crap ..i also said i would reverse the ban should your other half make an apology for being lippy ...

I will also "undelete" the post where your other half was a bit lippy towards JC..might as well let others read it ..

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I wasnt saying he was correct, what i was saying is that it went two ways, these things happen when people have strong opinions but to call him a YAM of all things that was a bit severe.....

16 Posts, and all mostly confrontational, you do the maths.

SvenNeil
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM

SvenNeil
06-03-2010, 10:46 PM

MSK
06-03-2010, 10:47 PM
yeah so this is ok????Is this ok then ?

are u sure u are a hibby jonnieeeee boy cos if u are u are a right tit and first hibby i have met in that cat.mind u dinnae git oot much do u

Tell him to put down the bottle & fire him intae his kip ..obv had a too few many !!!!...

BroxburnHibee
06-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Always had my doubts about that Jonnyboy :hmmm:

LOOBY-hibee-LOO
06-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey guys come on i am not here to argue with you. AND i am not saying he was not confrontational. Having a word with him would have been better surely than the action taken and giving him the chance to redeem himself?? Dont shoot the messenger!!!!PLZ

ArabHibee
06-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Is this ok then ?

Tell him to put down the bottle & fire him intae his kip ..obv had a too few many !!!!...

Just because someone doesn't get out much doesn't automatically make them a tit. I should know...................

greenlex
06-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Just because someone doesn't get out much doesn't automatically make them a tit. I should know...................
You sure about that? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2010, 10:56 PM

Haven't you just proved the point?

:devil:

MSK
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey guys come on i am not here to argue with you. AND i am not saying he was not confrontational. Having a word with him would have been better surely than the action taken and giving him the chance to redeem himself?? Dont shoot the messenger!!!!PLZHe was gonna be given a chance ..my pm to you has been copied & pasted in Admin forum for the rest of them to read ..you however decided to come on here & imo make things a lot worse ..

Please dont dig a bigger hole for yer "other half" than already dug ...:wink:

Removed

I know what I would like to post here but there are rules :greengrin

Removed

:faf: :top marks

ArabHibee
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
You sure about that? :greengrin

I know what I would like to post here but there are rules :greengrin

:faf: :top marks

GIRU the lot of you! Mon the recluses!! :thumbsup:

vahibbie
07-03-2010, 12:34 AM
GIRU the lot of you! Mon the recluses!! :thumbsup:

I wonder what he does all day. Sitting in that wee dark room all by himself.:hmmm::devil:

ScottB
07-03-2010, 01:15 AM
I really do wonder why for some people, there are players that can do no wrong, regardless of actual performance (Bamba being the primary recently) yet others are slaughtered, regardless of what they do (Hogg, Nish and Rankin seem the current targets).

If someone has a bit of a nightmare then I can understand some folk coming on here to have a vent (I certainly wouldn't go booing are own players at a game) but these prolonged campaigns against certain players is getting a bit tired, particularly when it's coupled with blind faith in other players who actually aren't performing up to scratch.

Septimus
07-03-2010, 06:38 AM
This thread all seems so typically Hibs. Yesterday we kept a clean sheet and took the points and this, it would seem, with an utterly useless CB, who according to some can do nothing right. Personally, watching on Hibs TV, I thought we looked defensively stronger after Bamba went off.

I like seeing the opposition failing to score. It makes me feel good. I can save the vitriolic garbage which some post here for times when we are languishing at the foot of the league.

Hibby 2005
07-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Hogg is an average defender who wouldn't be at Hibs if he was any better. He does give 100% though which can't always be said for some of the other players. I still think Yogi making him captain was a mistake as Murray was the logical choice at the time.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Hogg is an average defender who wouldn't be at Hibs if he was any better. He does give 100% though which can't always be said for some of the other players. I still think Yogi making him captain was a mistake as Murray was the logical choice at the time.

Tend to agree, but he gives 100% and it's not his fault he gets picked.

FWIW, I like the guy and whilst he's not my favourite footballer in the green and white, he was part of a defence which kept it's first clean sheet in 11/12 league games yesterday so I don't really think criticisms of him warrant a three page thread on the back of yesterday's game.

down-the-slope
07-03-2010, 08:21 AM

:agree::agree: saved me a lot of typing...I think a llot of people in ER today did not get their oats on Friday night. The usual level of idiotic comments and and abuse to our players was way above even the appalingly normal

Say nothing if its not in support of the team.

The polarisation of views between....X is a star player who walks on air can do no wrong and is a million pound EPL player...and X is lillian gish not Hibs class:rolleyes: and should never wear the shirt again and is always costing us games as they are never a footballer....

this only serves to demonstrate the stupidity of some. We have some decent players, we have some average players and a few who make up the numbers....BUT we are 3rd and can on occasion play in a way that would have cheered up the miller & blobby years.....cheer up we are a work in progress that has come along way from the depths of Mixu's charge

.Sean.
07-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I really do wonder why for some people, there are players that can do no wrong, regardless of actual performance (Bamba being the primary recently) yet others are slaughtered, regardless of what they do (Hogg, Nish and Rankin seem the current targets).

If someone has a bit of a nightmare then I can understand some folk coming on here to have a vent (I certainly wouldn't go booing are own players at a game) but these prolonged campaigns against certain players is getting a bit tired, particularly when it's coupled with blind faith in other players who actually aren't performing up to scratch.
Couldn't agree more :agree:

hibee_always
07-03-2010, 08:56 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is what im doing whilst reading these posts. Hoggy bashers have been quiet over past few weeks as Hogg has been playing well. Here we have a not so good game and they all cant wait to run home and slate him. funny.. Hogg is captain and imo leads the team every week. we are havin the best season we have had in ?????????? and yet folk come on and slate a captain who plays in DEFENCE and is contributing massively in our best league season in years and we are still in the running of a cup final......

Golden Bear
07-03-2010, 08:59 AM

I agree 100%

It boils down to the fact that some folk are never happy unless they're moaning.

col02
07-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Hibs won yesterday, Riordan broke his recent duck with a peach of a free kick and they never conceded a goal. Why can people not focus on that and try get a bit confidence going rather than spouting negative pish all the time about the same old players? Even if Hogg, Rankin and Nish were shipped on for next season it would be some other trio getting it tight from certain fans. Sadly this is the nature of our support in that some people revel in the negative aspect rather than focussing on some of the fine players we have at our club at present when on form and playing on good pitches.

Toaods
07-03-2010, 09:09 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is what im doing whilst reading these posts. Hoggy bashers have been quiet over past few weeks as Hogg has been playing well. Here we have a not so good game and they all cant wait to run home and slate him. funny.. Hogg is captain and imo leads the team every week. we are havin the best season we have had in ?????????? and yet folk come on and slate a captain who plays in DEFENCE and is contributing massively in our best league season in years and we are still in the running of a cup final......

"Hoggy has been playing well over the past few weeks?"

I tend to assess 'leading the team' as not being the first guy to step out the tunnel but more one who leads by example rather than apportioning blame or shirking responsibility by putting a team mate under pressure with a 'get-rid' pass simply to alleviate his own shortcomings.

What is becoming tedious on here is the blind dafties who seem to think we have a strong character at the helm on the park.

.....:crazy:

Geo_1875
07-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I sat in the West today for the first time in years and could not believe the pish that I heard. It seems that some people are only too willing to get on Hogg's back the second he makes a mistake or misplaces a pass. I lost count of the number of times we were attacking and for some reason the ball ended up at the back with Hogg being forced to find a pass with no-one making themselves available. He gets the stick when he ends up punting an aimless ball forward but nobody wonders why he's got the ball in the first place.

Anyway, my opinion is he's a good honest player who sometimes makes mistakes but is often left exposed by teammates who seem to be "untouchable".

hibee_always
07-03-2010, 09:14 AM
"Hoggy has been playing well over the past few weeks?"

I tend to assess 'leading the team' as not being the first guy to step out the tunnel but more one who leads by example rather than apportioning blame or shirking responsibility by putting a team mate under pressure with a 'get-rid' pass simply to alleviate his own shortcomings.

What is becoming tedious on here is the blind dafties who seem to think we have a strong character at the helm on the park.

.....:crazy:

What is becoming tedious is the blind daftiers on here who think they know more than the manager. BORING. The whole bashing of certain players is petty and boring. we should support the TEAM and have the best season in an age.

Bobo
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Hibs win and lose as a team and it takes a certain level of performance by each player to attain the desired result each week. If some players don't reach that level we will ultimately get beat .... Perth a couple of weeks ago is a perfect example.

Yesterday, although we never really played well, we ground out a win, something we were incapable of doing in the recent past, when performances like yesterday's would have ultimately ended in defeat. I'm far from content with some of our displays this season but I'd rather we won games like yesterdays' than watch a 0-1 reversal.

I thought our distribution from the back was woeful and the lack of any physical presence up front made it difficult to retain some of the long aimless balls that were fired forward. We were far too narrow and lost out on too many 2nd balls for my liking and It was noticable that it was from the only two direct pieces of play that we got any reward. The penalty award was won with Benji's turn and drive into the box and the free kick, leading to our goal, came from Galbraith again driving forward towards the edge of the Killie box.

Yes it was a pretty poor performance with no real stand-out in a green jersey but we won for God's sake. Every player made a contribution towards winning the points, Hogg included, we know Hibs can play better so let's hope they're saving the better performances for when it really matters. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I wonder what he does all day. Sitting in that wee dark room all by himself.:hmmm::devil:

... probably wonders why he's a man trapped in a woman's body. :wink:

hibee_always
07-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I sat in the West today for the first time in years and could not believe the pish that I heard. It seems that some people are only too willing to get on Hogg's back the second he makes a mistake or misplaces a pass. I lost count of the number of times we were attacking and for some reason the ball ended up at the back with Hogg being forced to find a pass with no-one making themselves available. He gets the stick when he ends up punting an aimless ball forward but nobody wonders why he's got the ball in the first place.

Anyway, my opinion is he's a good honest player who sometimes makes mistakes but is often left exposed by teammates who seem to be "untouchable".

someone who talks sense.. :agree::agree::agree:

bubblesmorrison
07-03-2010, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=Perspective;2378568]Some of the abuse dished out to our players by 'supporters' is beyond belief.

benji misses a pen then dose a wee flick right out the park 2 mins after that sums him up for me he gets slaughtered because hes a annoying player who dose not win headers and really thinks hes a superstar now for a guy who clearly did not want to be at hibs at the start of the season and made it public i think this is why some people are getting sick of benji. can you share some of the comments you heard at easter road?

as for spoony he hit the ground running at the start of the season and he has went off the boil in the last few weeks but i think that was expected can people remember he is still young and is still going to turn into a great footballer and lets hope he stays at hibs for years to come.

mcfly
07-03-2010, 09:41 AM
am i watching a different player from you guys??? what does yogi see that i dont

what does hogg offer to the team??

he cannae pass, how often does he find a hibs player?
he isnae a leader
he isnae the best defender we have
he gets bullied easily off theball

there is no way he should be club captain and what does thicot and galbraith have to do to get a game.

lewis stevenson has not progressed and its time to move on.

we have been awful for weeks - why was benji brought on?? there was no width??

why did we take gow when we are desperate for a right back.

mcfly
07-03-2010, 09:43 AM

Naw..

100% correct

Toaods
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
What is becoming tedious is the blind daftiers on here who think they know more than the manager.

.....let's see the return of Bobby Williamson or Mixu. They knew better than the punters too.

You'll find the support is inevitibly right in their assessment of who can cut it and who can't.

Some amongst the support fail to see it as quick as others due to personal admiration to the individual or sheer blind loyalty to the club, ajka greentinted specs.

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2010, 01:34 PM
am i watching a different player from you guys??? what does yogi see that i dont

what does hogg offer to the team??

he cannae pass, how often does he find a hibs player?
he isnae a leader
he isnae the best defender we have
he gets bullied easily off theball

there is no way he should be club captain and what does thicot and galbraith have to do to get a game.

lewis stevenson has not progressed and its time to move on.

we have been awful for weeks - why was benji brought on?? there was no width??

why did we take gow when we are desperate for a right back.

Your clearly a blind daftier with those comments..

:wink:

100% correct

Ta :greengrin

grantyhiby
07-03-2010, 01:36 PM
would like to know what people think about chris hogg being the captain .I think it should be giving to someone else who trys to push the team on abit. he does nothing apart from punting the ball up the park :yawn:..

think it should be giving to Bamba or back to Ian murry or even liam miller :top marks???

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Yogi decides. End of story really. As with team selection.
And Hoggy is not undroppable so there you have it. In a nutshell. Simples :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
would like to know what people think about chris hogg being the captain .I think it should be giving to someone else who trys to push the team on abit. he does nothing apart from punting the ball up the park :yawn:..

think it should be giving to Bamba or back to Ian murry or even liam miller :top marks???

Get yer tin hat oan :agree:

Gus
07-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Get yer tin hat oan :agree:

:blah::wink:

Malthibby
07-03-2010, 01:50 PM
In Yogi we trust. Hogg is the man for myself at the moment. He's honest, committed & as noted on another thread, has been increasingly put into the position of hoofing the ball forward or making poor choices recently, because the ball keeps shuttling back to him. Not pretending he is Beckenbaur (Beckenbaur is) but much better than some posting here think.
Would certainly not want Miller to be given the armband. He is crucial to the team, but needs the freedom to go forward & make chances, take risks. IMO he is off the boil just now & is doing too much sideways & back passing as a consequence. As captain I would worry about him becoming overly cautious.
GG

TRC
07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I always think that holding mid or some one in the middle of the park should have captaincy so this would be miller or even mcbride injury permitting.

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2010, 02:04 PM
:blah::wink:

You only rate him cos he's English and you don't acually go to the games and be subjected to his displays :agree:

mcfly
07-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Your clearly a blind daftier with those comments..

:wink:

Ta :greengrin

you obviously havent been to many games recently

hogg needs dropped as he aint good enough.....end of

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2010, 02:15 PM
you obviously havent been to many games recently

hogg needs dropped as he aint good enough.....end of

Whoooooooooooooooosh

BroxburnHibee
07-03-2010, 02:50 PM

:hmmm: Sniff sniff :wink:

MSK
07-03-2010, 03:00 PM
:hmmm: Sniff sniff :wink:Yer sniffing but he is on yer friends list ....sniff sniff ....:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
07-03-2010, 03:02 PM
How he gets a game is beyond me, he would not get a game for any other team in the SPL, time after time he choose the wrong option-punt him for the good of the club as quickly as possible.
I start to worry about Hughes with his refusal to deal with issues like this, he seems hell bent on playing him come what may and as for making him captain !!!!.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

You don't per chance sit in the FF Upper Row DD per chance?

Some guy up there running his mouth for 90 mins slagging Hogg non-stop...

BroxburnHibee
07-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Yer sniffing but he is on yer friends list ....sniff sniff ....:greengrin

Spoilsport :greengrin

MSK
07-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Spoilsport :greengrinOops ..sorry D...:embarrass.....:greengrin

whiskyhibby
07-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Absolutely spot on, I thought he was pretty solid today and is one of the few we have in the team that can tackle and puts the boot in when needed...........................:blah::blah::blah :

blackhibee
07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
To me Hogg gets a lot of criticism, more than I would give him, but he's an average player as opposed to the better quality players we have. The criticism, to me, is as a result of the OTT opinions of his performances in previous seasons when in my opinion he really wasn't much better,contrary to what a lot of posters on here seemed to think, but that's just my opinion. In some respects the comments remind me of the similar comments that were made about Graeme Mitchell and Brian Hamilton in the 80's,even though they played in different positions from Hogg,when people's comments on their ability varied greatly. We didn't concede any goals today, but Killie were pretty ineffective in front of goal in any case, so maybe today wasn't the day you can get a true reflection of a players defensive capabilities.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM

yeah so this is ok????

Hey guys come on i am not here to argue with you. AND i am not saying he was not confrontational. Having a word with him would have been better surely than the action taken and giving him the chance to redeem himself?? Dont shoot the messenger!!!!PLZ

Having slept on it an re-read my posts I can only apologise as it's clear that being spoken to by someone acting like a six year old does not give me the right to reply like one :wink:

Maybe you should encourage your other half to develop his posting style

BTW, thanks for your PM - duly noted

majorhibs
07-03-2010, 06:18 PM
To me Hogg gets a lot of criticism, more than I would give him, but he's an average player as opposed to the better quality players we have. The criticism, to me, is as a result of the OTT opinions of his performances in previous seasons when in my opinion he really wasn't much better,contrary to what a lot of posters on here seemed to think, but that's just my opinion. In some respects the comments remind me of the similar comments that were made about Graeme Mitchell and Brian Hamilton in the 80's,even though they played in different positions from Hogg,when people's comments on their ability varied greatly. We didn't concede any goals today, but Killie were pretty ineffective in front of goal in any case, so maybe today wasn't the day you can get a true reflection of a players defensive capabilities.

Another yin harping back to the "Brian Hamilton" days, if you actually attended games then you would have came to the same conclusion as every right minded Hibs fan around then, that was that was hamilton was absolute mince, and held what could have been SO much better a Hibs side with his inadequacies, the guy couldnt do the basics but he "worked" which was good enough for mogadon miller & that buffoon from the evening news who was obviously to full with match day hospitality every week to give an impartial view of how rank the guy was, step forward David Hardie, OK then question for you, from all Hibbies at the time, who´s love child was Brian Hamilton, yours or Alex Millers'

lEXO
07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
:yawn:

Toaods
07-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Another yin harping back to the "Brian Hamilton" days, if you actually attended games then you would have came to the same conclusion as every right minded Hibs fan around then, that was that was hamilton was absolute mince, and held what could have been SO much better a Hibs side with his inadequacies, the guy couldnt do the basics but he "worked" which was good enough for mogadon miller & that buffoon from the evening news who was obviously to full with match day hospitality every week to give an impartial view of how rank the guy was, step forward David Hardie, OK then question for you, from all Hibbies at the time, who´s love child was Brian Hamilton, yours or Alex Millers'

I was led to believe Hamilton was in fact Alex Miller's nephew. Anyone able to confirm or deny for sure?

HibbyAndy
07-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I was led to believe Hamilton was in fact Alex Miller's nephew. Anyone able to confirm or deny for sure?

No danger.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2010, 08:08 PM

C'mon D you're surely not suggesting Miller would play relatives in his team?

Oh wait .......... :greengrin

Toaods
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
No danger.

I said 'for sure' ....not "I dinae think so"....:greengrin

similar career paths too. anyway...you been out yet the day? :faf:

Removed
07-03-2010, 08:17 PM

:greengrin

Greg's wife works in my dept - I'll ask her if Hammy is a relative :devil:

truehibernian
07-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Graeme and Greg Miller :bitchy: Surely a cruel hoax that they played on the hallowed Easter Road turf............or did they both write letters to Jim'll Fix It !

Jonnyboy
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I said 'for sure' ....not "I dinae think so"....:greengrin

similar career paths too. anyway...you been out yet the day? :faf:

Nah, been sitting on here since Friday. Never even went to the game. Nae life ye see :greengrin

:fibber:

rightwinger
08-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Hogg's not having the best time of it lately, not that he's alone though.

Hanlon's too slow and laboured to play full-back but he looks pretty promising at LCB. A Hanlon-Bamba pairing in central defence may be worth pursuing. Wotherspoon might give us a better balance at RMF so Hogg could be useful cover at RB at least in the short term.

That's now two games that John 'worst player in the world' Rankin has been missing and hands up who's spotted the improvement in the team. Especially considering the last two games have been home matches against bottom six teams. We knock Rankin for being too diminutive, too one-footed and not creative enough but Stevenson's worse on all those counts. That fire's had his chance - I'd like the frying pan back now please.

The Cup is potentially good news for us if we win on Saturday. Miss the OF in the semis and we've got a great chance to get to the final and get a Euro spot that way. Get the OF in the semis then an OF final is on the cards meaning 5th gets into Europe.

Saturday was good news given that we got a result, kept a clean sheet and avoided suspensions for Miller/Bamba. Winning after missing a penalty was another positive. Hopefully the result rather than the performance will give the team a big confidence boost. Our season took a big turn for the worse in 45 minutes at Ibrox, hopefully we can now kick on and achieve something. But the time of the season has come when you have to do that bit extra to win games and doing so always seems to be beyond us. We're good enough but do we want it badly enough?

euro Hibby
08-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Bit like a Maka tread this .......is he or isn't he ?

I side with the view posted that we can't expect to have 11 stars. Hogg gives his best and has played some very good games in the past. He is not my favourite player but he gets on with it and does not deserve this post after a game in which he did OK. Yeah his distribution is crap and he can't shoot, but he somehow gets by with the rest.

I possibly would go for Hanlon and Bamba right now but at this time of the year Yogi will go for experience and with Bamba maybe out for a couple of week Hoggs place in the side is assured.

Part/Time Supporter
08-03-2010, 08:59 AM
The fact that Hogg has been there under four different managers would tend to suggest he is good enough for Hibs. Fair do's if it had been the same manager all the time and it was just a case of him being somebody's "favourite" (eg Lexo Miller with Brian Hamilton), but that's not the case. If he was that dispensible he would surely have been offloaded by one of the four.

The thing about Hogg is that every time you think he is going to get binned, he then has a half decent run of form and gets himself out of trouble (eg earlier this season).

down the slope
08-03-2010, 09:25 AM
There seems as usual divided opinions on Hogg but i would ask then who is worse than him in the SPL at centre back ?, maybe the pair at Hamilton but i struggle to think of many more. I would add this is not a personal vendetta against him and i hope he could turn things around in his career but after five years it seems he is no further forward.
Some of the things he attempted on Saturday were just amateurish and you just do not see many players of visiting teams do the sort of things he does.

Sammy7nil
08-03-2010, 10:04 AM
There seems as usual divided opinions on Hogg but i would ask then who is worse than him in the SPL at centre back ?, maybe the pair at Hamilton but i struggle to think of many more. I would add this is not a personal vendetta against him and i hope he could turn things around in his career but after five years it seems he is no further forward.
Some of the things he attempted on Saturday were just amateurish and you just do not see many players of visiting teams do the sort of things he does.

Fairpoint down the slope, but who is really better than him ?

out of another 23 centre halves there are at least 10 - 12 that are on a par or worse than Hogg.

He is not the best and I hope we can get better however he is an honest tryer who does not hide and has a genuine affection for the club.

Judas Iscariot
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Hanlon's too slow and laboured to play full-back but he looks pretty promising at LCB. A Hanlon-Bamba pairing in central defence may be worth pursuing. Wotherspoon might give us a better balance at RMF so Hogg could be useful cover at RB at least in the short term.

That's now two games that John 'worst player in the world' Rankin has been missing and hands up who's spotted the improvement in the team. Especially considering the last two games have been home matches against bottom six teams. We knock Rankin for being too diminutive, too one-footed and not creative enough but Stevenson's worse on all those counts. That fire's had his chance - I'd like the frying pan back now please.

The Cup is potentially good news for us if we win on Saturday. Miss the OF in the semis and we've got a great chance to get to the final and get a Euro spot that way. Get the OF in the semis then an OF final is on the cards meaning 5th gets into Europe.

Saturday was good news given that we got a result, kept a clean sheet and avoided suspensions for Miller/Bamba. Winning after missing a penalty was another positive. Hopefully the result rather than the performance will give the team a big confidence boost. Our season took a big turn for the worse in 45 minutes at Ibrox, hopefully we can now kick on and achieve something. But the time of the season has come when you have to do that bit extra to win games and doing so always seems to be beyond us. We're good enough but do we want it badly enough?

Good post :agree:

Argylehibby
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
WE PLAY IN GREEN JERSEYS
hb

Well I just counted 2 in the 5 minutes of highlights on BBC website. I heard the same accusation during the match on Saturday. The person who made that call stated it twice and in the half hour or so between them Hogg had found Hibs players with passes on 3 or 4 occassions. Try watching all of the game not just the bits that suit your arguement.

Toaods
08-03-2010, 12:12 PM
The fact that Hogg has been there under four different managers would tend to suggest he is good enough for Hibs.

..or in the price range to be on the books when out the starting eleven.

*** post***

Good post :agree:....I agree :agree:.

The_Todd
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
The fact that Hogg has been there under four different managers would tend to suggest he is good enough for Hibs.

No, it clearly means Petrie is picking the team. We're following Hearts lead, they're the groundbreakers and we follow suit. That's the way a wee team operates.

Simkin911
08-03-2010, 01:02 PM

Mmmm... funny you should say that. I found myself (in reference to his punts up field) saying to my son "I could do that and so could most of the guys in the stand who have played amateur football". I also reckon I could fire the ball well over the bar and into the stand from 40 yards or so.

However, Hughes picks the team not Hogg so clearly he must be the best (of a bad bunch?) for the job he does. This isn't Hogg bashing by the way, just my opinion. I'm be supporting him on Saturday as usual but I may have my head in my hands on more than one occasion.

Part/Time Supporter
08-03-2010, 01:16 PM
..or in the price range to be on the books when out the starting eleven.

He's hardly been out of the team since early 2007.

Hakim Sar
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
i think hogg greatly benefits from mcbride being fit and ever since he slid on his erkie at ibrox i dont think mcbride has looked 100%. was really looking to see a more consistent

rankin mcbride
miller

midfield group forming as I thought one of our successes this term was in taking a bit of pressure away from our CH's by using midfield sweepers like rankin and mcbride - ie doing the dirty work and mucking out with defensive duties - allowing bamba and hogg to focus more on keeping tight and holding shape. this in turn allowed miller freedom to interconnect things up through into nish/stokes/riordan/zouma.

i understand it is frustrating when we lump the ball forward and concede immediate possession but there is nothing worse than having the ball and everyone turns their back and runds AWAY from you - as a CH what are you supposed to do? you cant gamble and dribble forward. you have nobody in close proximity to offload to. it's a bad pitch and any mistake in your own half could be disasterous and lead to conceding a goal. i'l take the punt on such occasions i'm afraid!!!! maybe be better if it is angled more towards the corners though and look to impose a mistake by the opposition or win an advanced free kick or shy. if we are going to do the passing ''flair'' thing that us hibbies keep banging on about then we must realise that this can only be achieved as a TEAM and we should not be singling out an individual. it is easy to criticise the ball carrier - but if you have played the game long enough you know its about the movement of the team collectively and the balance of coming short and splitting long to move your opponents around. we should be looking at hogg's lack of options at the weekend and questioning that rather than berating him for not picking ouy a world cup pass!!!!

the idea of a CH is surely to break play down, win your personal battles (headers and tackles), then offload to a deep lying midfielder (think makelele and essien at chelsea and vieira and keane as your best examples on these shores) - and IMHO we should not be experimenting with rankin/stephenson/cregg etc - contrary to this it should be the most consistent part of our team and one of them should be first pick every week. that consistentcy will go a long way to building a relationship with hogg/bamba/hanlon and make us more solid.

i think poor distribution is a recurring theme in the whole team and the criticism of chris hogg is harsh. we get a bit panicky in the stands in recent times and I think it is effecting the players who look more and more nervous every week.

get involved
get to easter road
get behind the team

blackhibee
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I did attend those games, and I've ALWAYS thought Hamilton was pish, so I don't know where you get this idea that I thought he was good. I was just commenting on the variety of opinion, because for everybody like me who thinks Hogg is pretty poor, there is somebody else who thinks he's great. I couldn't believe how some close friends of mine at the time, all Hibees, who thought Hamilton was an important player for us. Think you got the wrong end of the stick.

500miles
08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Hogg was central to our finest defensive run in years, and has been consistantly in the team that, even at this point in the season, sits a mere 7 points behind second place. He also has a supporters player of the year award, captained the England youths to fair level, and the captains armband at our own club, after being vice captain since he was about 22. He's also an excellent athlete, and someone who the manager points to as an example to all the youngsters. He's also rarely injured - the sign of a hard, committed, and very fit player.

Yet he's not good enough, the worst captain we've had since (insert stupid, ill thought out opinion here) and can't pass to players, who for the last couple of months, don't look like they want the ball.

The best CH in the SPL? No. The best at Hibs? Sometimes, although there are others who are more naturally gifted. An asset to this club, on a number of levels? Absolutely.

Kevvy1875
08-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Some forget that Hogg is still young in CB terms(24). A solid CB can take many season to gain the experience needed to read the game at a decent level. We have in Hogg an already experienced pro who gives his all every game. Of that I have no doubt. He has at least 10 seasons ahead of him and I reckon he will get better season on season as he has done for the last few since we signed him.

He is a defender. He defends. He is not the tallest but wins the majority in the air. Those he tackles he gets the ball from. Those he tackles with venom....stay tackled. He takes responsibility. His passing is average to below average although I dont see his fellow defender trying to take up the mantle. His team mates in the midfield need to show more for the ball for him. He dosnt threaten the opponents goal enough at set pieces.

I am not a Hogg lover but I do appreicate what he brings to our club and I respect him as a player, person and Captain. Until the Manager who's job it is to deal with team selection, whos the captain etc decides that Hogg is not good enough then he has my full support. He dosnt deserve the smart arsed comment that accompany a thread such as this one.

BurghHibby
08-03-2010, 11:32 PM
A few examples of Hoggy:

Away to Hamilton earlier in season who closed us down all over the park and left Hogg free as the out ball - why? because he couldnae find a Hibs jersey in the Hibs shop!!

Against the Huns at ER recently, ball watching when Boyd moved in front of him to score, albeit after mistakes by both Bamba and Deek.

Against the vermin again at ER, ball watching when that prolific young striker Smith scored, eh how many has he scored since?

Hoggy showed potential during his first run in the team when exceptions were being made due to his lack of experience and young age, but he's not gonna get any better and he needs to be moved on.

As for being captain, Ian Murray must be wondering what he done wrong (apart from going to Castle Greyskull) to be passed over for that twat!!

lEXO
08-03-2010, 11:38 PM
A few examples of Hoggy:

Away to Hamilton earlier in season who closed us down all over the park and left Hogg free as the out ball - why? because he couldnae find a Hibs jersey in the Hibs shop!!

Against the Huns at ER recently, ball watching when Boyd moved in front of him to score, albeit after mistakes by both Bamba and Deek.

Against the vermin again at ER, ball watching when that prolific young striker Smith scored, eh how many has he scored since?

Hoggy showed potential during his first run in the team when exceptions were being made due to his lack of experience and young age, but he's not gonna get any better and he needs to be moved on.

As for being captain, Ian Murray must be wondering what he done wrong (apart from going to Castle Greyskull) to be passed over for that twat!!
Any decent points went out the window as soon as you called him a twat.Not Hibs class, and i,m not talking about Hogg.:bitchy:

RIP
09-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Chris Hogg won't lose any sleep over a few folk sounding off. The guy has class which is more than some of the im posters on this thread

down the slope
09-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Chris Hogg won't lose any sleep over a few folk sounding off. The guy has class which is more than some of the im posters on this thread

Aye, so much class that people i know will not be renewing next season if they have to watch that.

Toaods
09-03-2010, 06:42 AM

he won't lose any sleep because he won't read the papers/internet - like all other professionals. :wink:

RIP
09-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Aye, so much class that people i know will not be renewing next season if they have to watch that.

If you ask Yogi .....

"Me and my mates won't buy an ST next season if you play Hogg" - what do you think he will say?

Same as me I suspect

:bye:

Hakim Sar
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Calling hogg a twat is a bit out of order like. a nicer guy you'll never meet and fully committed to our cause without being a maniac out of control.

When was last time hogg was suspended? says a lot about his composure considering he is a centre half.

Rob jones passing 'ability' was honking but didn't get the same criticism. bamba makes bad errors that lead to conceding goals and doesn't get criticized as much because he is flambuoyant and that washes with a lot of our supporters.

I am not for a nano second saying hogg is without faults. But calling him a twat is a poor shout.

Argylehibby
09-03-2010, 11:04 AM
A few examples of Hoggy:

I think if you watch that one you will see the ball was played through the channel where his co centre half should have been. How come Hogg gets blamed for only doing 1 job and not 2?

Jonnyboy
09-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Jeezo I think Rod better cancel the building works.

No coming back if Hogg's still in the team

No coming back if they won't let folk stand in the South Stand

Crowds will take a huge hit :fibber:

Dinkydoo
09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Hogg is a player of average quality; Bamba is a flair player. The two don't compliment each other but that in no way means that either are "piss".

If Bamba doesn't play well then Hogg comes under more pressure because he (the average one) is having to do the work of two CB's. When BAmba plays well it gives Hogg a bit of breathing space as he's not constantly having to 'clean up' after him when he either fouls persistently or simply gives the ball away through slack passing.

I don't see this CB partnership working so I'd sell one of the two and bring in someone else who isn't necessarily the best CB in the world but someone who can play to a consistantly high standard.

The question is, can we afford such a player and would he come to us?

Franck is God
09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Hogg was central to our finest defensive run in years, and has been consistantly in the team that, even at this point in the season, sits a mere 7 points behind second place. He also has a supporters player of the year award, captained the England youths to fair level, and the captains armband at our own club, after being vice captain since he was about 22. He's also an excellent athlete, and someone who the manager points to as an example to all the youngsters. He's also rarely injured - the sign of a hard, committed, and very fit player.

Yet he's not good enough, the worst captain we've had since (insert stupid, ill thought out opinion here) and can't pass to players, who for the last couple of months, don't look like they want the ball.

The best CH in the SPL? No. The best at Hibs? Sometimes, although there are others who are more naturally gifted. An asset to this club, on a number of levels? Absolutely.

Although making a well thought out argument on this board doesn't normally win you many fans....

dangermouse
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM

I think Hogg is a decent central defender but no way can he be classed as a right back, even in an emergency. The two games he has played for us in that position in recent weeks must have shot his confidence to hell as he performed badly in both. If no right back is available, we'd be better playing three at the back and play to the players strengths.

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Calling hogg a twat is a bit out of order like. a nicer guy you'll never meet and fully committed to our cause without being a maniac out of control.

When was last time hogg was suspended? says a lot about his composure considering he is a centre half.

Rob jones passing 'ability' was honking but didn't get the same criticism. bamba makes bad errors that lead to conceding goals and doesn't get criticized as much because he is flambuoyant and that washes with a lot of our supporters.

I am not for a nano second saying hogg is without faults. But calling him a twat is a poor shout.

When was the last time he was shown a red card?

OtterHibee
09-03-2010, 03:32 PM
When was the last time he was shown a red card?

Dundee United at ER last season after the split. That was his one and only red card to date, which speaks volumes about his discipline. And it was never a sending off either :grr:

OtterHibee
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM

Some forget that Hogg is still young in CB terms(24). A solid CB can take many season to gain the experience needed to read the game at a decent level. We have in Hogg an already experienced pro who gives his all every game. Of that I have no doubt. He has at least 10 seasons ahead of him and I reckon he will get better season on season as he has done for the last few since we signed him.

He is a defender. He defends. He is not the tallest but wins the majority in the air. Those he tackles he gets the ball from. Those he tackles with venom....stay tackled. He takes responsibility. His passing is average to below average although I dont see his fellow defender trying to take up the mantle. His team mates in the midfield need to show more for the ball for him. He dosnt threaten the opponents goal enough at set pieces.

I am not a Hogg lover but I do appreicate what he brings to our club and I respect him as a player, person and Captain. Until the Manager who's job it is to deal with team selection, whos the captain etc decides that Hogg is not good enough then he has my full support. He dosnt deserve the smart arsed comment that accompany a thread such as this one.

:top marks to all of this.

Mickey Edwards
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
i think hogg greatly benefits from mcbride being fit and ever since he slid on his erkie at ibrox i dont think mcbride has looked 100%. was really looking to see a more consistent

rankin mcbride
miller

midfield group forming as I thought one of our successes this term was in taking a bit of pressure away from our CH's by using midfield sweepers like rankin and mcbride - ie doing the dirty work and mucking out with defensive duties - allowing bamba and hogg to focus more on keeping tight and holding shape. this in turn allowed miller freedom to interconnect things up through into nish/stokes/riordan/zouma.

i understand it is frustrating when we lump the ball forward and concede immediate possession but there is nothing worse than having the ball and everyone turns their back and runds AWAY from you - as a CH what are you supposed to do? you cant gamble and dribble forward. you have nobody in close proximity to offload to. it's a bad pitch and any mistake in your own half could be disasterous and lead to conceding a goal. i'l take the punt on such occasions i'm afraid!!!! maybe be better if it is angled more towards the corners though and look to impose a mistake by the opposition or win an advanced free kick or shy. if we are going to do the passing ''flair'' thing that us hibbies keep banging on about then we must realise that this can only be achieved as a TEAM and we should not be singling out an individual. it is easy to criticise the ball carrier - but if you have played the game long enough you know its about the movement of the team collectively and the balance of coming short and splitting long to move your opponents around. we should be looking at hogg's lack of options at the weekend and questioning that rather than berating him for not picking ouy a world cup pass!!!!

the idea of a CH is surely to break play down, win your personal battles (headers and tackles), then offload to a deep lying midfielder (think makelele and essien at chelsea and vieira and keane as your best examples on these shores) - and IMHO we should not be experimenting with rankin/stephenson/cregg etc - contrary to this it should be the most consistent part of our team and one of them should be first pick every week. that consistentcy will go a long way to building a relationship with hogg/bamba/hanlon and make us more solid.

i think poor distribution is a recurring theme in the whole team and the criticism of chris hogg is harsh. we get a bit panicky in the stands in recent times and I think it is effecting the players who look more and more nervous every week.

get involved
get to easter road
get behind the team

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::top marks

100% agree with this

best post i have read on this board

Pedantic_Hibee
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM

We're better off without people like that in any case. Support the team, not one individual.

They'd be better off watching tennis or golf and backing someone in those sports.

When I'm at Easter Road, I'm there to support the team.

Hakim Sar
09-03-2010, 09:17 PM
cheers mickey edwards!!! glad you agree.

:thumbsup: