PDA

View Full Version : Gow and Bamba

shamo9
06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Two negatives from today and this could hurt us in the business end of the season if we're not careful. Imagine if Bamba is out for a couple of weeks and something befalls Hogg, Hanlon or Murray - what do we do? McCormack has never filled me with confidence and we all remember how much McCann enjoys playing at centre back. Thicot maybe, although Hughes doesn't seem to rate him? We just don't have enough physical players in our squad, whatever way you look at it, particularly with the Derby coming up.

That's not even mentioning Gow whose season could be over if he's severely damaged his hamstring. After all the fanfare it would be a massive shame for his spell at Hibs to end like that.

bubblesmorrison
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
McCormack has never filled me with confidence .[/QUOTE]

emmmmmm have you watched him play? i think every times he been asked to play hes done well part from maybe once at parkhead where he got torn up by the plastic paddy. hes often played at right back but has still been decent the lads a good player and would cover well.

shamo9
06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
McCormack has never filled me with confidence .

emmmmmm have you watched him play? i think every times he been asked to play hes done well part from maybe once at parkhead where he got torn up by the plastic paddy. hes often played at right back but has still been decent the lads a good player and would cover well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I've watched him play, definitely. In fact I couldn't take my eyes off him when he got stupidly sent off in the New Year's derby in his last appearance for Hibs.

We need someone commanding to compliment Hogg, who is anything but, and McCormack - an unproven quantity who has done nothing at Hibs for three years.

And I still haven't even mentioned his bad rep off the park...

Golden Bear
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Two negatives from today and this could hurt us in the business end of the season if we're not careful. Imagine if Bamba is out for a couple of weeks and something befalls Hogg, Hanlon or Murray - what do we do? McCormack has never filled me with confidence and we all remember how much McCann enjoys playing at centre back. Thicot maybe, although Hughes doesn't seem to rate him? We just don't have enough physical players in our squad, whatever way you look at it, particularly with the Derby coming up.

That's not even mentioning Gow whose season could be over if he's severely damaged his hamstring. After all the fanfare it would be a massive shame for his spell at Hibs to end like that.

Gow out for 3-4 weeks according to Yogi.

Bamba has disclocated a very small bone in his shoulder so hopefully he'll not be absent for too long (though Hanlon was more than an able deputy today)

Jack
06-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Its all if’s and but’s and we’ll do what we have to do. Like most clubs we can only carry a certain size of squad.

If the first team dressing room got blown up we’d still get a team out. It might be the end of our season but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Ferry Hibbee
06-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Bamba out..does that mean Smith will given his game again although sounds like Stack has done nothing to warrant being dropped.... oh wait... I'll rewind and see if this is Hibs etiquette to drops players who have done nothing wrong..

Albanian Hibs
06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
At least Hanlon will get back into the team now (who IMO didn't deserve to be dropped for Bamba in the first place)

007 Mickey Weir
06-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Hanlon can cover for Bamba and is on better form just now anyway. Nish will prob come in for Gow next week, and Zemmama for the Derby.

No big stress.

Kevvy1875
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Plenty cover still available. Question remains if they are good enough.

CB?..Murray can move there and Thicot is an option also. Seem to remember them having a decent game at the back somewhere:wink:

Love the Green
06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Its all if’s and but’s and we’ll do what we have to do. Like most clubs we can only carry a certain size of squad.

If the first team dressing room got blown up we’d still get a team out. It might be the end of our season but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Would we notice?

"keep the faith":confused:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Hanlon's better than Bamba IMHO

lyonhibs
06-03-2010, 10:14 PM
At least Hanlon will get back into the team now (who IMO didn't deserve to be dropped for Bamba in the first place)

:agree:

I'm more than happy with Hanlon stepping in at CB - he had an excellent game at CB, consistently doing what Bamba seems to forget to do from time to time, that is to keep it simple!!

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM

shamo9
06-03-2010, 10:28 PM

And Bamba offers more than Hogg.

A partnership of Hanlon and Bamba from now on = perfect:wink:

MichelleHibs
06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
coincidence that bamba drops out and hanlon in and we get a win?!!

imo hanlon never deserved to be dropped for bamba in the first place on his return from the cup of nations.

well done paul!! keep up the good work!

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM

The old back still giving you gyp, then Jack?

MountcastleHibs
06-03-2010, 11:36 PM
And Bamba offers more than Hogg.

A partnership of Hanlon and Bamba from now on = perfect:wink:

No thanks. They got torn to shreds in Perth just a couple of weeks ago.

AndyB_70
06-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Bamba has disclocated a very small bone in his shoulder so hopefully he'll not be absent for too long (though Hanlon was more than an able deputy today)

Hanlon an able deputy!!!! It should be the other way round with Bamba being the able deputy. The defence looks much better with Hanlon there as it did while Bamba was away at the ACN.

Baldy
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Hanlon an able deputy!!!! It should be the other way round with Bamba being the able deputy. The defence looks much better with Hanlon there as it did while Bamba was away at the ACN.

:top marks

bubblesmorrison
07-03-2010, 10:29 AM
emmmmmm have you watched him play? i think every times he been asked to play hes done well part from maybe once at parkhead where he got torn up by the plastic paddy. hes often played at right back but has still been decent the lads a good player and would cover well.

Oh, I've watched him play, definitely. In fact I couldn't take my eyes off him when he got stupidly sent off in the New Year's derby in his last appearance for Hibs.

We need someone commanding to compliment Hogg, who is anything but, and McCormack - an unproven quantity who has done nothing at Hibs for three years.

And I still haven't even mentioned his bad rep off the park...[/QUOTE]

now it just seems you have a problem with the mistakes hes made off the park mate. as for the hearts head but did yogi not get send off in his first derby ???? yes i think am right so tell me from the games you have seen mccomack play what ones part from the game i mentioned earlyer has he got had a good game? i recalling reading so many posts on here praising the boy after so many of the games hes played. ps hanlon in for bamba(the way it should of been after bamaba came back from the acn) and gow (who really has not shown us too much) out and nish in

Hainan Hibs
07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Not too bothered about Bamba being out as I prefer Hanlon just now as Bamba hasn't been too great since coming back from the African Nations Cup.

Gow hasn't been up to much and I'm missing the rants about Nish so it's all good:greengrin

scotty1875
07-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Add me to the list. Hanlon at CB and Bamba back to midfield.

You know it makes sense ;-)