PDA

View Full Version : To all the eastenders in the south stand...(merged)

MussyHibby
06-03-2010, 05:11 PM
what about that view for the goal!!!:agree:

What a right treat for you all. DR, take a bow!:agree:

FastEddieFelson
06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
was absolutely fantastic, loved having that view of the goal - there was some bend on it.

good atmosphere in the south as well.

Bob Box Fish
06-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Good volume at start of the match then at the end. Would be interesting to hear approx 4k east stand esk hibbies singing in there I reackon about 1500 in there today.

California-Hibs
06-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I dont think folk have anything to worry about the atmosphere leaving when the new East goes up, because from where i was sitting in the Famous Five Lower it was a very decent noise that came from the south, well done! :thumbsup:

PS: I found out at the game that the tiny corner that Killie got today will be the exact amount of seats that will be given to Celtic/Rangers/Hearts (if they stay in the top 6 :wink:)

Its going to be a riot in that south stand for those games! :thumbsup:

Ryan91
06-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Today was good, just wait until we play Celtic/Rangers/Hearts(possibly) the south stand will probably resemble a war zone, with all the east-ers in there for those Cat A games.

Nameless
06-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Today was good, just wait until we play Celtic/Rangers/Hearts(possibly) the south stand will probably resemble a war zone, with all the east-ers in there for those Cat A games.

At half time I was having as look at the segregation in the lower south concourse, and I foresee a fair few pies/coins/spark plugs going over the wall when we play heart(if they make the top 6)

Billy McKirdy
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
what about that view for the goal!!!:agree:

What a right treat for you all. DR, take a bow!:agree:

this view??
YouTube - Riordan free kick against Kilmarnock 6 March 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M424nbmc4qM)
:greengrin

Kevvy1875
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I was in there and it went a bit quiet for spells but when it got noisy it was great. The acoustics are clearly different from the East Stand and when the crowd get going in there its loud.:thumbsup:

M8UDB
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
this view??
YouTube - Riordan free kick against Kilmarnock 6 March 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M424nbmc4qM)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

woody47
06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Also noticed that the west stand just to left of us were right up for it. Top of south was good when it was good but bad when it was quiet.

One other thing though. What was the jobsworth doing with his notebook at the back - taking guys names or what?

RoYO!
06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
i was in the south and it did sound good to me, no doubt someone will perk up and say it was sh*t... no doubt from someone who never bothered their arse to sing in the first place

Kevvy1875
06-03-2010, 06:21 PM
And who was the guy who shouted out(during a quiet spell)....'Come on Hibs...gerrin tae these Tesco shopping bags!'

Whoever you were, take a bow! Quality:faf:

HibbyKeith
06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
At half time I was having as look at the segregation in the lower south concourse, and I foresee a fair few pies/coins/spark plugs going over the wall when we play heart(if they make the top 6)

cue the hearts conspiracy story's of how the spl hate them and they dont want hearts in the top 6 incase of safety issues at easter road :blah::blah:

MSK
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
cue the hearts conspiracy story's of how the spl hate them and they dont want hearts in the top 6 incase of safety issues at easter road :blah::blah:

:greengrinGonna have to get the pegs at the ready if the yams come visiting ...the stench will be unbelievable !!!

hibernator
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
And who was the guy who shouted out(during a quiet spell)....'Come on Hibs...gerrin tae these Tesco shopping bags!'

Brilliant, funny and no swear words!!!:top marks

GreenCastle
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
this view??
YouTube - Riordan free kick against Kilmarnock 6 March 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M424nbmc4qM)[/URL]

Thanks for the that.

Great movement on the ball to get it around the wall :agree::thumbsup:

NGP
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Good one, but auld Davey in the FF came out with -'get intae they monkey-bams' -superb!

HibbyKeith
06-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Gonna have to get the pegs at the ready if the yams come visiting ...the stench will be unbelievable !!!

I was lucky enough to get a move from the east to west, and better still i'm far enough to the right of the stand (as you look at the pitch) that i wont even have to look in their direction nevermind smell them. :wink:

hibernator
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I dont think folk have anything to worry about the atmosphere leaving when the new East goes up, because from where i was sitting in the Famous Five Lower it was a very decent noise that came from the south, well done! :thumbsup:

PS: I found out at the game that the tiny corner that Killie got today will be the exact amount of seats that will be given to Celtic/Rangers/Hearts (if they stay in the top 6 :wink:)

Its going to be a riot in that south stand for those games! :thumbsup:
I have always thought that giving the away support a new stand before replacing the East conceded an advantage , even half full the away team seem to be louder than Hibs (like Hibs on the road, away supports tend to be more vocal) so I look forward to the East drowning out the visiting support next season (along with the rest of us):thumbsup:

GreenCastle
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
In an ideal world Hibs would fill the new East and South stands and away fans would only get the small corner.

Sadly though we don't fill what we have often enough therefore more seats for the yams and ugly sisters.

frazeHFC
06-03-2010, 07:04 PM
I sit in the FF and i thought that today even though you were further away, the usual East stand singers were a bit louder. Hopefully this is due to being in a big stand.

Think atmosphere next year will be great :thumbsup:

RoYO!
06-03-2010, 07:12 PM
lets hope so, i sit in the east and was in the south today.

its impossible to tell how loud it sounds to the rest of the ground- always sounds loud when your in amongst it- so its good to hear that its sounding louder.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-03-2010, 07:13 PM
The accoustics in the terracin were simply awful tbh. Possibly the reason why we always commented on how good the atmosphere in the east was whilst the westies criticised us for making no noise. Very loud whilst in amongest it but did not project well. Next season is gonna be amazin!!! :thumbsup:

Baw187
06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
It was definitely louder and clearer when the south were singing. I sit in the west away down by the FF and the noise from the east was always stiffled. Sounded really loud today just as Huns and Tims sound when they're down there.

The new stand will be even better.

Bristolhibby
06-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Cool. Looking forward to next season. When is the opening game next season. May well come up for the first home ga\me in the completed stadium.

J

green.and.white
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
It was really strange sitting behind the goal today, it's like a whole different event :greengrin

And great to actually see the free kick today... Without having the giant pillar in the way :greengrin

well played Deek :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Now i see why it feels like we are loud yet Jambo's are always saying, "you make no noise" etc, hopefully we get Europe next season and ER will be rocking :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
very loud from south considering only half full of hibiees

would love another AEK type evening when ground complete:greengrin

Frogga
06-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I have sat in both the east and FF recently and I reckon the east does sound a lot louder when you're in it than when you're in another stand.

Hopefully the new stand will keep the atmosphere and project sound better.