PDA

View Full Version : Motm

Malthibby
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
MOTM - not Miller for me, I'm afraid, he is off his game at the moment, IMO.
Would have given it to Hanlon; thought he was excellent from the moment he came on.
GG
And well done Riordan. One good shot in the first half, one stunning free-kick in the second.

Westie1875
06-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Would have given it to Hanlon; thought he was excellent from the moment he came on.
GG
And well done Riordan. One good shot in the first half, one stunning free-kick in the second.

Hanlon or Riordan for me :agree:

18Craig75
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I was surprised Miller got it as well. Thought it would have been Hanlon, McBride or Deeks!

Miller needs to cut out all the fancy flicks and get back to basics!

shamo9
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I'd give it Riordan if only because out of the 28 players that stepped on that pitch today he was the only one who looked even remotely capable of rising above mediocrity.

You can name everyone in Scotland on one hand who are capable of that. Say what you like about him but he's a class above the rest at times.

PeeJay
06-03-2010, 04:03 PM
This is a wind up, right? - Miller was atrocious today, surely? I would have given it to Riordan, he put in a good shift today - and the goal was sublime.

MussyHibby
06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
By default I would give it to Riordan because of his great goal.

The team again was very ordinary, Hanlon I felt hoofed the ball upfront far too often, then again, better away than let Hogg near it.:wink:

SneakersO'Toole
06-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Paul Hanlon was the stand out player for me. This guy will easily fill the void that Bamba will leave in the summer.

truehibernian
06-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Hanlon was superb when he came on. Never lost a challenge, composed on the ball, and looked solid. MOM for me by a distance. Murray put in a good shift, Miller and McBride need some game time together and they will again flourish. Have to say that for me Hogg was terrible again and in no way a captain for this club. Distribution nonsense at times and had to be helped out by Hanlon and DW second half too many times. Galbraith.......take a wee bow too son for introducing urgency and pace. Brilliant free kick for the winner too. Not the best showing this season but they kept on persisiting with trying to play football and the heads didn't go down.

HibeePatrick
06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I thought benji was in with a shout for motm today, all our real attacks went through him and he held up the ball well i thought.

Hanlon had a good game as well.

bob12345
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
This is a wind up, right? - Miller was atrocious today, surely? I would have given it to Riordan, he put in a good shift today - and the goal was sublime.

Yep - he had an awful game, especially by his standards. I thought Murray had one of his worst games too.

Hogg was great defensively but woeful in distribution - for a change. I think we have to accept that that's why he's playing at this level and get on with it.

Hanlon was similar. Very good defensively, but gave the ball away quite a lot. My MOTM was Riordan, aside from his goal he looked the most creative player on the park. And for Killie Taouil was the most comfortable player on the ball, just got very little support going forward.

Stack in goal for 3 games and 2 goals conceded. Stats are looking up again defensively.

HibbyKeith
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
benji for me.

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Hanlon, Deeks and Murray was best for us.

MOTM - Deeks for the match-winner :agree:

Hibs Class
06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Hanlon for me. Thought Benji and Riordan did well, although it was as poor a penalty as I've seen in long time. Hogg's passing was dreadful, much worse than usual, but he was by no means the only one who couldn't find a team-mate

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Hanlon :top marks

hibsboy90
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
For me it was paul hanlon, or the killie sub keeper. Pulled off several cracking saves.

whereswallace?
06-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Hanlon gets my vote,absolutely rock solid when he came on.Looks a completely different player when hes at centre half. :top marks

BroxburnHibee
06-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Hanlon had a great game but Deek gets it for me :thumbsup:

soupy
06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I suppose someone has to get it, so it would be Deek, but only for the goal....

sunshine1875
06-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Bit strong - he was not at his best, but I would not have rated his performance as atrocious. Our whole midfield is not performing as well as they should be. They are certainly trying hard, but it is not working for them. Perhaps the confidence is suffering at the moment and the pitch does not help.

Hanlon & Riordan were defo MOTM contenders in my opinion

It was not a great team performance, but Rome was not built in a day, so I will take the win and move on from there with, hopefully, confidence restored.

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Let's be honest here, Hanlon didn't have a lot to do.

Deeks was MOTM for me, for being the difference between the teams.

TrinityHibs
06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
For me it was paul hanlon, or the killie sub keeper. Pulled off several cracking saves.

Best player on the park I thought. Hanlon did well as did Murray. I actually thought Stokes looked like the only goal threat until Deeks hit the trademark free kick. Good result from a poor performance.

I also thought it was good to see that Nish didnae get sent off this week, didnae try to use his ankle to trap the ball or just be Colin Nish:wink:

woody47
06-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Still say the MOM is only picked becuase the sponsor of the game wants to meet that player. Miller was OK in spurts but bottles it a lot.
For me MOM had to be Hanlon. He is so cool with the ball and not like Bamba, he DOESN'T dive in with rash challenges.

Kevvy1875
06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Hanlon or Deeks about the best for us. Benji was decent too apart from the missed pen.

Thought Galbraith gave us something when he came on and he has to be in Yogi's thoughts for upcoming fixture's. He has genuine pace that can stretch teams, something we have lacked all season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I would have given it to Hanlon. Whoever chose Miller was watching a different game. Miller and Lewis tied for least effective.

Perspective
06-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't know if the man of the match has to contribute to the actual game, but John Rankin deserves a mention for his half-time antics.

Maybe it was covered in the match thread (just in from the game myself) but he mucked in with the kids' half-time challenge.

Mocked a few slide tackles (before frustration crept in and he went in two-footed, studs up on one!) and it was easily more entertaining than anything that happened in the first half.

Fair play to him for making their day. Hanlon a close second.

Speedy
06-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I didn't notice who got it at the game but at the time I said I'd give it to Miller or Hanlon.

I thought Miller had a good game. He was never rushed on the ball, he creates space and makes the pass.

Hanlon was brilliant when he came on, I'd say the fact that he didn't play the whole game cost him MOTM.

I also thought McBride had a good game.

Andy74
06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Mcbride for me just for the fact that when he plays we generally win. He went off late last week and we lost a goal right away.

sahib
06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
benji for me.

I would have definately given it to Benji, but for the penalty. Still about the best shout though. The much maligned Hogg was quite solid.

hibee_girl
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Miller had his worst game yet today, couldn't believe he got MOTM

I would have given it to Murray

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Mcbride for me just for the fact that when he plays we generally win. He went off late last week and we lost a goal right away.

Me too, never gives the ball away, plays it easy and protected the back 4 superbly. Riordan scored a goal, only he seems capable of scoring, but he contributed nothing much else. It was not great, but we are back winning again. :thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Would have given it to Hanlon; thought he was excellent from the moment he came on.GG

Agree about Hanlon but totally disagree about Deek other than the free kick! :agree:

Deek is playing poorly at the moment and needs to be taken away from that wide left mid position (should belong to Galbraith IMO!) and brought into the middle where he can perhaps get on the ball in scoring positions more! :agree:

He is probably one of the cleanest and most accurate strikers of a ball around at the moment but his inconsistent work rate and lack of pace detract from what he is good at IMO! :agree:

Get him doing what he is good at Yogi and accept what he isn't capable of and what he isn't cosistently very good at! :cool2:

truehibernian
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Wee mention for Galbraith (who many like me have been wanting him to see some game time). Thought he chased down well, on one occasion running nearly half the length of the pitch, right to left, to close down their right back. Won the free kick with a good penetrating run (similar to v St Johnstone in the 3-0 game). Seems to be a lucky talisman when he comes on and gives the team some urgency. Tame shot in the closing minutes but did well to weave his way into that position. Hope he gets some appearances this next few games.

Future17
06-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Hanlon MOTM for me. :agree:

His distribution could be better at times but that will come with experience. For now, he defends better than ANY player in the squad and gets rid when there's any doubt.

JoJo_07
06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
MOTM

For me definitely Hanlon. Re. miller. It was obvious early on that Miller was going to make NO challenges at all in case a yellow ended up being given and him ending up missing the Derby.

Hiber-nation
06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Hanlon by the length of Easter Road.

007 Mickey Weir
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Defo Hanlon followed by Deeks. I actually thought Hogg and McBride were very poor. Gave away the ball through silly pass all game. Miller was quite. I think he was trying to avoid a yellow card. Hopefully he will be back on form for the next 2 games.

Depor Hibs
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I suppose someone has to get it, so it would be Deek, but only for the goal....

He did also have one, potentially, match saving challenge late on, maybe even in injury time, when he ran back and dispossessed the Killie player who had been in acres of space and was ready to send the ball into the box.

lucky
06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Kevin McBride for me

The Harp
06-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Never heard who was selected as man of the match at the game. Must say, would be very surprised if it was Liam Miller - thought he was below par today.
IMO when Hanlon came on he never put a foot wrong and played like a veteran. Deek's goal from the free kick was superb; Murray gave 100% as always, but perhaps not as effective as usual; and Galbraith (IIRC) gained us the match winning free kick.
For me though, Hanlon was TOP man - one of the few positives to take from today. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
06-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Paul Hanlon with Kevin McBride a close second

Baldy
06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
there was only 1 MoM for me and he was not a Hibby, young Lee Robinson in the Killie Goal was superb some of his saves were fantastic, the one in the first half from Deek was world class and was going in the top corner.

The penalty save was comical, he dived and Benji decided he was helping him warm up by riolling it to him:grr:

but without his stops Killie would have lost by far more.

as for Hibs best player .. Hanlon and only Hanlon can honestly say "I played well"

snooky
06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
My pick - Hanlon by a long chalk. He never put a foot wrong.
Benji, Nid & McBride deserve a mention too.

cabbageandribs1875
06-03-2010, 11:58 PM
craig paterson chose the killie keeper as the BBC motm :agree:

Gmack7
07-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Still say the MOM is only picked becuase the sponsor of the game wants to meet that player. Miller was OK in spurts but bottles it a lot.
For me MOM had to be Hanlon. He is so cool with the ball and not like Bamba, he DOESN'T dive in with rash challenges.
the motm was decided 2 mins before the goal and liam miller imho had as good or bad a game as any other player today they were all pretty average