06-03-2010, 02:52 PM
What a goal! As ma wee lad said "That's class!"

skipster7
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
cometh the hour:wink:

hibsbollah
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm confused, isnt he just

lazy/a shadow of his former self/not interested/hungover/depriving more talented players a place?:confused:

Well done Derek:top marks

skipster7
06-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm confused, isnt he just

lazy/a shadow of his former self/not interested/hungover/depriving more talented players a place?:confused:

Well done Derek:top marks
you missed the " waste of a shirt" classic:greengrin

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
06-03-2010, 03:00 PM
That's why he should on the team sheet every week.

Bob Box Fish
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Brilliant goal in a shocker of a game .....

Ell_Chrisso
06-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Im not one these people, that's going to start going on about, "how amazing this guy is", because he is not.

But what i will say, is it's a good time for him to use what is his advantage... and get our rocked team, back on the right track again.

Wasn't at the game, but have been told a cracker of a goal.

Nice work Deek, now can we have you back on mega form again please?

Petrie's Tache
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Still think he needs to be played further up the park in a 4-4-2 with Stokes.

Hainan Hibs
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm not going to pull the troosers doun and have a sherman like most posters about Deek:greengrin, but just how many times has Deeko got a wonder goal from nowhere to save our backsides?

Great weapon to have in the team and the amount of points he has got us is fantastic.

Deeko:thumbsup:

johnrebus
06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Look Derek, how can you expect to be in the Scotland squad if you are not doing the business on the par.........., No, wait............,

:rolleyes:

18Craig75
06-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Was really impressed with him today. Looked to me as if he started up top with Stokes, or maybe just off him with Gow. However, Gow went off and that forced Riordan back to LM where I thought he did well!

After he cracked in that beauty, who was back on the 18yard line scrapping for possession - Deeko.

Keep it up please :thumbsup:

MichelleHibs
06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Not seen us play since xmas bt i saw a big difference in deek today. He has added a more physical side to his game. Tracked back a lot more as well. Great goal bt we all know hes capable of it!

As for stokes. . Dont get me started! Lol!

Westie1875
06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Was really impressed with him today. Looked to me as if he started up top with Stokes, or maybe just off him with Gow. However, Gow went off and that forced Riordan back to LM where I thought he did well!

After he cracked in that beauty, who was back on the 18yard line scrapping for possession - Deeko.

Keep it up please :thumbsup:

Put in a good shift today and contributed very well to the defence as well as THAT goal :thumbsup:

In the last few minutes Deek was clearly blowing out his arse yet was still running about like a lunatic in our half closing players down whilst shouting at Benji (who was daydreaming) to do likewise.

houston1875
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
if he couldnt do that score wonder goals free kicks etc(prob only reason yogi keeps him in the team) when we are poor he wouldnt get near team coz his workrate is rank,canae tackle,canae head the ball saying that he did win a header before the penalty award?
he gotta be played thru the middle! why benji replace gow? couldnt galbraith came on instead on left,put riordan up front? technically superior deeks but bone lazy? lets see him up front against ross county next week!!

:jamboak:

Tricla
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
That's why he should on the team sheet every week.

What about the Fife hobbit?

If Only
06-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Derek is once again the difference, maybe people will get of his back now. IMO capped a good performance with another wonder goal. Cheers Derek.

California-Hibs
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
And thats why Derek Riordan should always be on the pitch when Hibs are playing! :agree: Always capable of that wee bit of magic that can be the difference between one point and three. The amount of stick he gets on here is laughable.
13 and counting Deek, well done son! :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Well done Derek :top marks

A step ahead of everyone else again today :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
The boy is class.Peach of a goal as well ! Well done Deek:thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm a huge Riordan fan - complete class player - however IMHO his general play over the last few weeks incl today has been awful. His 30 yarder was outstanding piece of skill and worth his place for that alone, but his overall play is really poor by his previous standards.

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
A beauty wasn't it :thumbsup:

My dad said to me seconds before he took it " its a bit too central" :bye:

soupy
06-03-2010, 05:10 PM
PEACH:thumbsup:

Keith_M
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
if he couldnt do that score wonder goals free kicks etc(prob only reason yogi keeps him in the team) when we are poor he wouldnt get near team coz his workrate is rank...

Were you AT the game today? Cos that's total *******!

RoYO!
06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
i said to my mate a few seconds before he stepped up to take it that i wouldnt put the shortest guy on the park at the end of the wall :greengrin

saying that it probably wouldnt of mattered. Brilliant view of it from the south :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
The collective choke on their own bile from all the Riordan critics was priceless.

Yet again Deeks rises above the insipid pish on the park to give the only true piece of quality all day and win the three points for Hibs.

All the wholehearted, track back, give 110% brigade would still be huffing and puffing till midnight trying to do anything in this turgid match.

woody47
06-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Just for the goal I was glad I moved from the East. Directly in line with the goal and in the upper, the bend on that ball was amazing. :thumbsup:
As for his work today, I reckon he did well. In fact he back tracked late on and made a desisive tackle when we were outnumbered and broke their attack up.
Keep it up Deek :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
We need to get him in front of the goals - this wide left role is pish IMHO

RoYO!
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
We need to get him in front of the goals - this wide left role is pish IMHO

:agree: get him involved, get him in front of goal and get him the ball = goals a plenty

houston1875
06-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Were you AT the game today? Cos that's total *******!

was i at the game? yes i was,ST holder,but even if i wasnt cant i voice my opinon?
plus read the post,did i say his work rate was rank TODAY?
plus was a improvement today on recent weeks..if he had a rooney like workrate he'd be a GOD!!
:greengrin

plus when Galbraith gonna get a decent run in the team,unleash him on the rodents on the 20th!!!

Alfred E Newman
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
He has his faults but today shows why we need him. Brilliant strike and should boost his confidence. I still feel the 3 striker set up is a luxury we cant afford. When Galbraith came on it gave us the width we were missing.

NaeTechnoHibby
06-03-2010, 06:28 PM
The guy behind us, usual moaner, said "If you dinnae put this in the net and over the bar, get the bus outa here"...........cue Derek :thumbsup:

I turned round to gie him he vicks but he was too busy celebrating, would have done the ones to my left if I wisnae celebrating myself :thumbsup:

Well done deeks :thumbsup:

As an aside, why is he asking Yogi "what he wants" at free kicks:bitchy:

And when you expect Deeks to just "hit-it".. he passes :bitchy:

Has all the spontaneity been romoved from the players :boo hoo:

Franck is God
06-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I am a Riordan critic and have said that he is a waste of a shirt more than once.

I know he's a hugely talented player and wasn't in the least bit surprised that he produced yet another amazing free kick to add to his collection.

It is my frustration at how little he has does with the natural talent he has, that is the reason for my criticism. It's almost like he has settled with what he's got, he does as little as he can get away with every week and nothing more as long as that is the case he'll get an earfull from me.

new malkyhib
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I am a Riordan critic and have said that he is a waste of a shirt more than once.

I know he's a hugely talented player and wasn't in the least bit surprised that he produced yet another amazing free kick to add to his collection.

It is my frustration at how little he has does with the natural talent he has, that is the reason for my criticism. It's almost like he has settled with what he's got, he does as little as he can get away with every week and nothing more as long as that is the case he'll get an earfull from me.

Play Galbraith on the left and move Riordan in one - and watch the goals come out of nothing - well done Deeks - the cleanest striker of the ball in the SPL, bar none...

Jamie
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
guy next to me said he'd never score from there but soon changed his tune when the ba' smacked the back of the net :faf:

:top marks deeko :thumbsup:

The Harp Awakes
06-03-2010, 09:53 PM
A brilliant free kick from a classy player.

Well done Deek:thumbsup:

Bad Martini
09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
(Another) raker.

ENDOF :agree:

Peevemor
09-03-2010, 11:27 AM
And thats why Derek Riordan should always be on the pitch when Hibs are playing! :agree: Always capable of that wee bit of magic that can be the difference between one point and three. The amount of stick he gets on here is laughable.
13 and counting Deek, well done son! :thumbsup:

:agree:

seanraff07
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
you missed the " waste of a shirt" classic:greengrin

The guy behind me said on Saturday before he scored.. he's never earned his wages.:faf:

Sir David Gray
09-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I am all too aware of Riordan's talent but even I thought it was too far out for him to try and shoot.

How wrong I was and how glad I was that he didn't take my advice to just pass the ball. That one piece of sheer magic was the one bright moment in an otherwise pretty tedious 90 minutes.

jacomo
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
It's this sort of quality that I hope will see us rise above the rest of the pack and claim 3rd. We have the players to do it.

was i at the game? yes i was,ST holder,but even if i wasnt cant i voice my opinon?
plus read the post,did i say his work rate was rank TODAY?
plus was a improvement today on recent weeks..if he had a rooney like workrate he'd be a GOD!!
:greengrin

plus when Galbraith gonna get a decent run in the team,unleash him on the rodents on the 20th!!!

On this point - your argument is valid, but I am very sceptical of anyone who doesn't attend games yet comments about an individual's work rate.

Even watching an entire match on TV will often give you a misleading impression of a player's commitment.