PDA

View Full Version : Season 2000/2001

matty_f
06-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Spent a good wee while last night watching the goals from 2000/2001 on Hibs TV, and some of the football was different class.

I always remember Latapy and Sauzee very fondly, but seeing again how good they actually were, along with Laursen, Zitelli et al... what a team!

I wonder if there are one or two signings out there that would define this year's vintage for next season in the same way that Le God and Latapy did for that team.

Anyways, if you're wanting a wee lift or some feel good factor ahead of the game today, I definitely recommend taking the half hour or so if you can, to watch those goals and reflect on what was a fantastic football side.:notworthy:

down-the-slope
06-03-2010, 09:34 AM
I think McLeish was very underrated for the way he could construct a team...he is now showing that same skill at Brum...

He just might be the new Sir Alex.......

Golden Bear
06-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Spent a good wee while last night watching the goals from 2000/2001 on Hibs TV, and some of the football was different class.

I always remember Latapy and Sauzee very fondly, but seeing again how good they actually were, along with Laursen, Zitelli et al... what a team!

I wonder if there are one or two signings out there that would define this year's vintage for next season in the same way that Le God and Latapy did for that team.

Anyways, if you're wanting a wee lift or some feel good factor ahead of the game today, I definitely recommend taking the half hour or so if you can, to watch those goals and reflect on what was a fantastic football side.:notworthy:

It would also be interesting to find out the wages and incentives these guys were on when compared with todays players.

wazoo1875
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM

That was a very good side back then . It was just a shame that the old firm were as strong as they ever were , otherwise we would have been in with a shout . That Hibs team would win this league now , i am sure of that :agree:

Steve-O
06-03-2010, 09:46 AM
It would also be interesting to find out the wages and incentives these guys were on when compared with todays players.

I'm sure Sauzee was said to be on about 4k per week basic.

HibeeUnderwood
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Nothing compared to what todays Yams players are payed :devil:

Great season though, was 8 years old that season but still got a good memory of it.

I think the current season is sort of similar really, white away tops, going well in the scottish cup, firm fan favourites etc :greengrin

.Sean.
06-03-2010, 06:04 PM
And worth every single penny. An absolute joy to watch. Class personified.