PDA

View Full Version : Perfect examples of why I hate the Infirm

sunshine1875
06-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh how I hate the Infirm. Every week we get the same hours of analysis covering every aspect of the Infirm's games, then seconds to round up how the remainder are doing. The performance of referees and the condition of football pitches at this time of the year (see below) is only an issue when it affects the Infirm. Why can't our media realise that if anything is going to switch football fans away from football is this constant, boring coverage of Infirm matters.

How many of you have switched of Jim Trayner's programme after the match when 'Billy from Harthill' phones to raise the same issues about Celtic/Rangers? How boring! I would rather hear about how Ross County played away to Partick, or have Montrose actually won a game again. Last season, I think only 10 points seperated the top and the 8th team in the First Division near the end of the season, yet no mention of it on the radio nor in the papers. Contrast that with E&W, where the BBC/Sky/papers do give the wee teams adequate coverage.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39Best-referee-in-country39-made.6129516.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39Best-referee-in-country39-made.6129516.jp)

IN WHAT could easily be interpreted as a subtle dig at Celtic, the Rangers midfielder Kevin Thomson has hailed Dougie McDonald as the finest referee in Scotland and admitted he has regularly passed on such sentiment to the official. "I have said that to him numerous times. I always tell him it is has been a pleasure, at the end of games, as I think he's a good referee". You are bound to say that when you get all the decisions going your way. If Boyd had been sent off for his assault on Zemamma, he would have been moaning about it.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Falkirk-pitch-inspection-39infuriates39-Steven.6129520.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Falkirk-pitch-inspection-39infuriates39-Steven.6129520.jp)

The Scotsman understands the decision to inspect was initiated by the SPL following a conversation with a Celtic official who had enquired about the condition of the pitch. So a Celtic official says "jump" and the SPL "jump".

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
This is classic pressure tactics from these cretins as the run in to the title hots up, neither of them have decent teams now and they know it so the only way they can snipe at each other is to use these pathetic excuses to pressurise refs into giving them debatable decsions against other teams.

How pathetic these two (particularly the smellies) have become, the sooner they eff off to a european league the better but I think their place will be taken by the homos and the sheep as top moaners

Argylehibby
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Boyd should have been sent off against us for violent conduct. He would have missed the next game which was the cup game against St. Mirren where he scored the only goal of the game 4 minutes from time. as far as I know not 1 person in Scottish media made that point in the reports on the game. Bet it would have been headline if it had been the other way round with St Mirren player who should have been banned scoring the winner.

heretoday
06-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Rangers and Celtic are so dull aren't they? All those acres of tedious prose in the papers with airbrushed quotes, pc remarks about each other and "confident2 match forecasts.

And when it comes to the actual football, they're kicking lumps out of each other and every other team and moaning like wains about the pitch, the ref, the result and making nasty gestures to the fans etc.

Phil D. Rolls
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
The Scotsman understands the decision to inspect was initiated by the SPL following a conversation with a Celtic official who had enquired about the condition of the pitch. So a Celtic official says "jump" and the SPL "jump".

Although it was an official though, it wasn't an official complaint, rather a complaint from an official in an unofficial capacity, which makes it an unofficial complaint from an official. It is still a complaint, and I hope that Celtic take action (official or otherwise) against the official who made the complaint, unless they support the complaint.

johnrebus
06-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Although it was an official though, it wasn't an official complaint, rather a complaint from an official in an unofficial capacity, which makes it an unofficial complaint from an official. It is still a complaint, and I hope that Celtic take action (official or otherwise) against the official who made the complaint, unless they support the complaint.

Thats easy for you to say.

The fact is that the SPL sent an official to investigate the complaint, so whether the complaint was official from an unofficial capacity, or unofficial, but from an official capacity, the SPL has reacted as if the complaint was made by an official as they sent an official to investigate. Surely?

Looks to me that Vlad is working undercover for John Reid.

:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
06-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Thats easy for you to say.

The fact is that the SPL sent an official to investigate the complaint, so whether the complaint was official from an unofficial capacity, or unofficial, but from an official capacity, the SPL has reacted as if the complaint was made by an official as they sent an official to investigate. Surely?

Looks to me that Vlad is working undercover for John Reid.

:confused:

No wonder they are paranoid, all this stushie over something they never said.

--------
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Ah, but which complaint do you mean?

Celtic didn't make an official complaint - one of their officials passed an unofficial comment to an SPL official who then made official enquiries regarding the state of the Falkirk pitch. Elvis has now complained to the press (or perhaps the SPL) about these enquiries - whether his complaints are official complaints or unofficial complaints or even official (or unofficial) comments remains to be officially confirmed (or officially denied, or unofficially confirmed, or unofficially denied) ....

Or maybe not....

So do you mean the unofficial complaint/enquiry made by the Celtic official (acting in an unofficial capacity) to the SPL official?

... or the official enquiry made by the SPL official (acting in an official capacity) to Falkirk?

... or Elvis's official/unofficial (to be confirmed) complaints to the press (or maybe the SPL) - acting in an official or unofficial capacity) about the SPL official's official (or unofficial) enquiries (or complaints) following up the Celtic official's unofficial comments (or enquiries - or complaints) to the SPL official?

And have any official (or unofficial) approaches (or comments, or enquiries, or complaints) been made to any SFA officials (acting in either an official or unofficial capacity) about any of these official or unofficial complaints, enquiries, or comments?

I think we should eb told.

OFFICIALLY. :agree: