PDA

View Full Version : 2pm Kick Offs - why?

The Sea-gull
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Could understand if it was November/December/January or even last month but at 5pm this afternoon there was still plenty day-light without the need for floodlights so the games could really have kicked off at the usual time or if they had to change then why not 2.30pm.

Really messes with pub time!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, shouldn't really moan as game finishing an hour early tomorrow has ended up working out well for me!

Whether it works out well with the 2pm start for the Ross County game remains to be seen. That surely needs to be a 2pm start even less as daylight increases by 2mins per day so we'll get an extra 14 mins on this week!

anyone else got any positives about 2pm KOs - could this be the way forward!

jgl07
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Could understand if it was November/December/January or even last month but at 5pm this afternoon there was still plenty day-light without the need for floodlights so the games could really have kicked off at the usual time or if they had to change then why not 2.30pm.

Actually, shouldn't really moan as game finishing an hour early tomorrow has ended up working out well for me!

Whether it works out well with the 2pm start for the Ross County game remains to be seen. That surely needs to be a 2pm start even less as daylight increases by 2mins per day so we'll get an extra 14 mins on this week!

I think they need to allow for possible delays. For example in the Ross County tractor convoy is delayed travelling to Easter Road.

Also if there are heavy clouds overhead the available light at 5:00pm will be reduced.

As for messing with pub time, that looks a dubious one as it could mean one hour less before the match and one hour extra after the match.

Brando7
05-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I think they need to allow for possible delays. For example in the Ross County tractor convoy is delayed travelling to Easter Road.

Also if there are heavy clouds overhead the available light at 5:00pm will be reduced.

As for messing with pub time, that looks a dubious one as it could mean one hour less before the match and one hour extra after the match.

:agree:

There just no pleasing some people :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
05-03-2010, 05:13 PM
On the brightside, means ye can put yer line on and catch the second half of Gillete Soccer Saturday in the boozer :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
So what is the SPL rule regarding floodlights at a stadium ?

Brando7
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
So what is the SPL rule regarding floodlights at a stadium ?

doesn't say anything in here

http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/07.31.09%20Membership%20Criteria%202010-11%20(SPL%20SFLD1%20Clubs).pdf

FraserHFC
05-03-2010, 05:18 PM
The Ross County game was going to be 2 o'clock whether we had floodlights or not due to the Rugby anyway.

Jack
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
It was a nice day today. If it had been one of they right dour days it would have been quite different.

whereswallace?
05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Works out handy for me tomorrow as i need to be home,changed and back to the pub for 6 :thumbsup:

jabis
05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
It was a nice day today. If it had been one of they right dour days it would have been quite different.

Typhoons,tornadoes,truly pishing down,all these COULD happen !

PETRIE :grr: (stop shaking that rainstick)

down-the-slope
05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I think the new time is in response to all those who have important engagements early Saturday evenings and have to leave a normal match at 4.40 pm to ensure their schedule is not disrupted.

This way they can stay to the end of the match - applaud the players off - stroll home / to car and still have enought time to fulfill those more important engagements :agree:

Gatecrasher
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I think the new time is in response to all those who have important engagements early Saturday evenings and have to leave a normal match at 4.40 pm to ensure their schedule is not disrupted.

This way they can stay to the end of the match - applaud the players off - stroll home / to car and still have enought time to fulfill those more important engagements :agree:

we will STILL have folk leaving early :agree: i wont cos im an uber fan :cool2:

gogs_t
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM

Not generally, but it gives me time to get through for the Skids gig earlier and have a couple of beers :thumbsup:

Ahoy Ahoy :rockin:

Jonnyboy
05-03-2010, 09:43 PM
doesn't say anything in here

http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/07.31.09%20Membership%20Criteria%202010-11%20(SPL%20SFLD1%20Clubs).pdf

No need to worry about what we do when playing the Arabs on a Wednesday night then :greengrin

hibee
06-03-2010, 08:21 AM
The Ross County game was going to be 2 o'clock whether we had floodlights or not due to the Rugby anyway.

Back to 3pm now according to the official site (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290,00.html)