PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Utd vs Hearts

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
If you had to pick who you'd rather win then who would it be?
I'd still say Dundee.Utd, i don't think i could possibly stand another week of Hearts fans telling me how there going to catch us etc.. and just cause i love seeing them get beat, a draw would be ideal though but if you had to pick a winner from this match http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/SM113.gif..

Mag7
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
As you say a draw is what we should be hoping for but if I had to pick a winner it's no contest. 'Mon the Arabs! Nowt to do with the fact Hearts (mistakenly) might think they can catch us, just that I'd be happy to see them lose every game they ever play for the rest of their (hopefully short) existence.

iwasthere1972
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd still say Dundee.Utd, i don't think i could possibly stand another week of Hearts fans telling me how there going to catch us etc.. and just cause i love seeing them get beat, a draw would be ideal though but if you had to pick a winner from this match http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/SM113.gif..

A draw would be best for us but if I had to pick a winner then has to be Dundee United. Couldn't bear the Yams getting another lucky 1-0 penalty win.

Rory89
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't care at all, whatever happens is good for Hibs.

Mind you after making a £100 bet with a jambo that we'd finish above them, then spending the last 5 months taking the piss out of him, i could really do with that gap being more than 7 points.

As long as we beat Killie I don't mind what those no marks get up to. A flatmate of mine is a big Killie fan, so victories for Killie and Hearts would make it an uncomfortable week for me to say the least.

Jim44
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
A win for us against Killie and a win for D. Utd. definitely. We must keep the Jambos a safe distance behind us and we'll remain only 1 point behind D. Utd. which hopefully we can take care of in due course.

StevieC
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd have to pick Dundee Hibernian.

We are playing them at Easter Road soon so we can claw back the 3 points then.

:wink:

Diclonius
05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Them. :duck:

Mikey
05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Easy. Hearts win.

Dundee Utd are our competition for third.

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Easy. Hearts win.

But so will Hearts possibly if they get a win and we drop points:confused:
I know that's thinking negatively but it's still possible.

Mikey
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
But so will Hearts possibly if they get a win and we drop points:confused:
I know that's thinking negatively but it's still possible.

Aye, but you're forgetting one wee thng.

Hearts are pish and won't be catching us any time soon :wink:

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Very true, but their also the luckiest team i know i think, grinding out another 1-0 win is possible i'd say knowing them being their usual selfs.:boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
05-03-2010, 04:47 PM

Hope some Yam won't be using your quote as their signature next season.

Nah forget that....I'm clutching at straws.

majorhibs
05-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Easy. Hearts win.

Cannae believe you of all people Mikey are giving them the time of day!

Feed McGraw
05-03-2010, 08:07 PM

I NEVER, EVER, want Hearts to win ANY GAME, ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME.

sunshine1875
05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Hertz next three games are Utd (A), Well (A), Hibs (H).

If they win those three games they will be right in the mix for 3rd place and I think they could go on to snatch 3rd place. Hate them as we do, they have a toughness that the other teams do not have. For that reason alone, I want them to lose to Utd. If they win what could be their hardest game in the three, they will grow from that.

That said, look at their record this season against the other teams in the league (in order of current league position). Most of their wins come against the bottom six teams, with only home wins against Celtic and Well.

Rangers LD
Celtic LWL
Utd LD
Hibs DD
Well LW
Dons DLW
St.J DLL
Killie WW
St.M LW
Hamilton WLW
Falkirk DWW

In fact you could say that our results per team is similar to Hertz (beat Celtic once, lost one to Well won the other games, lost & drawn against Utd, lost to Hamilton etc), though we have obviously had less poor results, so far.

Steve20
05-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I hope Dundee Utd **** them. I hate Hearts so much that I can't stand them winning any match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Hertz next three games are Utd (A), Well (A), Hibs (H).

If they win those three games they will be right in the mix for 3rd place and I think they could go on to snatch 3rd place. Hate them as we do, they have a toughness that the other teams do not have. For that reason alone, I want them to lose to Utd. If they win what could be their hardest game in the three, they will grow from that.

That said, look at their record this season against the other teams in the league (in order of current league position). Most of their wins come against the bottom six teams, with only home wins against Celtic and Well.

Rangers LD
Celtic LWL
Utd LD
Hibs DD
Well LW
Dons DLW
St.J DLL
Killie WW
St.M LW
Hamilton WLW
Falkirk DWW

In fact you could say that our results per team is similar to Hertz (beat Celtic once, lost one to Well won the other games, lost & drawn against Utd, lost to Hamilton etc), though we have obviously had less poor results, so far.

Killie are the only team we've still got a 100% record against this season, hope it stays that way after tomorrow.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Killie are the only team we've still got a 100% record against this season, hope it stays that way after tomorrow.

We drew 1-1 with them at Rugby Park.

The only side that we still have a 100% record against is Falkirk.

PS-I want a draw between United and Hearts but if I had to pick a winner then it would need to be Hearts. If we win tomorrow, we'll go back into 3rd and I want it to stay that way.

sunshine1875
05-03-2010, 08:44 PM

No - we drew with them at Rugby Park. Hertz though have beaten them home and away.

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM

PS-I want a draw between United and Hearts but if I had to pick a winner then it would need to be Hearts. If we win tomorrow, we'll go back into 3rd and I want it to stay that way.

Aw so we did i was at the game Stokesy equalised.
I was getting mixed up thinking Hearts record shown a few posts ago was our record.

majorhibs
05-03-2010, 09:02 PM

FalkirkHibee, inside your chest to the left there is a thing that pumps around blood & keeps you alive, there is a name for it used by medical people & most people, BUT, being a Hibs fan myself I rarely refer to the thing inside my chest that pumps blood around me like most other people do. I refer to the thing inside of me as my "HIBS". You, however, with your analytical approach to virtually everything, probably have never been close to being there. For once though, it would be good to see you looking at the state of Edinburgh football & not thinking like Mr Spock, but mair like a Hibby. Any big team/diet huns defeat is a cause of mucho delight. Its just the way it SHOULD be. Now theyve got torn face knew back it will be even better.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
FalkirkHibee, inside your chest to the left there is a thing that pumps around blood & keeps you alive, there is a name for it used by medical people & most people, BUT, being a Hibs fan myself I rarely refer to the thing inside my chest that pumps blood around me like most other people do. I refer to the thing inside of me as my "HIBS". You, however, with your analytical approach to virtually everything, probably have never been close to being there. For once though, it would be good to see you looking at the state of Edinburgh football & not thinking like Mr Spock, but mair like a Hibby. Any big team/diet huns defeat is a cause of mucho delight. Its just the way it SHOULD be. Now theyve got torn face knew back it will be even better.

:greengrin

Let me defend myself a little bit. If Dundee Utd were to win on Sunday, I would be quite content with the outcome and I would certainly shed no tears.

However, if we win tomorrow we will go back into 3rd place, 10 points above Hearts. If they then win at Tannadice, we will still be 3rd and 7 points above them. So we will be in the position we want to be in and they will still be far enough behind us for them not to be seen as a threat.

It would be a win/win for us. :thumbsup:

ArabHibee
05-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Dundee United. But I'm biased.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Dundee Utd,.

Just love seeig Hearts gettin beaten, makes my Saturday when they get stuffed. And i dont care who is above us right now, i want the Arabs to defeat those little Huns of Gorgie.:agree: COME ON

hfc rd
05-03-2010, 10:10 PM
A draw in that match will do me fine with a few red cards to key players from both teams. :devil:.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Utd if there needs to be a winner. Got a disgusting feeling the yams will win 1-0 again!!! :boo hoo:

Michaelhibees
05-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Is the hearts v dundee utd game on the tele ??

Sir David Gray
05-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Is the hearts v dundee utd game on the tele ??

Yep, it's on ESPN on Sunday.

Kick off at 3:30pm.

CallumLaidlaw
06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
draw for them is my preference, but as long as we win, I would yet again take the positives from whichever result

Dunbar Hibee
06-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Mon United. Love seein those ***** gettin beat:thumbsup:

hibiedude
06-03-2010, 05:03 AM
We are In a race for 3rd spot against Dundee Utd so why would I want them to beat Hearts and let them get further away from us if we drop points against Killie today.

I'm sorry but I don't get why some of our fans want Dundee Utd to win

your hatred from Hearts should never be put before your aims for Your own club.

Christ I got a hard time on this site because I leave 5 minutes early from most games. :confused:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 05:58 AM
I'd like the Yams next 3 results to be DDL.

Failing that if we win today then the Arabs losing will do me fine.

offshorehibby
06-03-2010, 07:10 AM
A draw and a Hibs win today, Utd are our immediate threat we also want St Johnstone to do us a favour.

Albanian Hibs
06-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Draw would be the ideal result as long as we get a win..

Actually thought about it for a min and remembered that I never want Hertz to get points from any game. So Dundee Utd win please. We will beat Dundee utd in a couple of weeks time and we will go back to 3rd.

lyonhibs
06-03-2010, 09:50 AM
If we get 3 points after today's game, then I definitely, definitely want to see Dundee United absolutely ruin Hearts. 4 goals minumum.

If we get 1 point after today's game, then I definitely, definitely want to see Dundee United absolutely ruin Hearts. 4 goals minumum.

If we lose today's game, then I definitely, definitely........................

I think the rest is self explanatory :greengrin

GGTTH

Malthibby
06-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Doing for the Jumbos, please.:agree: