PDA

View Full Version : FAO Yogi and the boys

IWasThere2016
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
It's ma wee lad's first game tomorrow - please let's have a decent showing and a win! :thumbsup:

I want the wee yin smit' with the Hibs and best way for that to happen is a vast improvement on recent showings :agree:

FFS, make sure its better than my last two games also (0-1 Arabs, 1-5 Saints) - or else! :grr:

So, get the fingers oot and pass, move and score .. simples!

:notworthy:

bobbyhibs1983
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
It's ma wee lad's first game tomorrow - please let's have a decent showing and a win! :thumbsup:

Asking a bit much there me thinks, a win AND a good preformance:devil:

i hope you ve told your laddie what ll it ll be like, so he wont have nightmares lol.

Hope he enjoys his day:thumbsup:

bubblesmorrison
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
i will be happy with a win

_hucks_
05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
My first match was a 4-0 doing of kilmarnock with pat mcginally scoring a cracker down the slope from the halfway line. Hopefully it'll be as sweet for your laddy.

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Any sort of win will do me fine just to get us back on track.

IWasThere2016
05-03-2010, 02:55 PM
My first match was a 4-0 doing of kilmarnock with pat mcginally scoring a cracker down the slope from the halfway line. Hopefully it'll be as sweet for your laddy.

That'll do nicely! :aok:

matty_f
05-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Both my kids are yet to see a Hibs loss, home or away, and Josh went to his first game when he was 3 (he'll be 7 in August).

StevieC
05-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I want the wee yin smit' with the Hibs and best way for that to happen is a vast improvement on recent showings

What are you going to do if the wee yin is smit' and you have to actually start taking him to games?

:dunno:

WindyMiller
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
What are you going to do if the wee yin is smit' and you have to actually start taking him to games?

and paying!

StevieC
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
and paying!

:eek:

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM

Cheeky bassa! :grr:

and paying!

I'll get round that - trust me :wink:

sleeping giant
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Dodgy game !
We will be nervous.

I think it will be scappy.

Saying that , we might hump them :greengrin
If we do , you will have to come back:cool2:

jabis
05-03-2010, 07:31 PM

I want the wee yin smit' with the Hibs and best way for that to happen is a vast improvement on recent showings :agree:

FFS, make sure its better than my last two games also (0-1 Arabs, 1-5 Saints) - or else! :grr:

21yrs old and you take him to his first game at ER !

LTYF

IWasThere2016
05-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Dodgy game !
We will be nervous.

I think it will be scappy.

Saying that , we might hump them :greengrin
If we do , you will have to come back:cool2:

:wink: :greengrin

21yrs old and you take him to his first game at ER !

LTYF

:faf:

TornadoHibby
05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Both my kids are yet to see a Hibs loss, home or away, and Josh went to his first game when he was 3 (he'll be 7 in August).

You must be taking them to the "easy games" only then Matty! :wink:

Not too many of them for Hibs though eh? :wink: :greengrin

RickyS
05-03-2010, 11:38 PM

Hope the wee fella has a great time TQM, I have 2 boys 8 & 6 and neither are all that interested. ive tried everything, taken them to games, spent a few quid in the shop, the house has Hibs stuff everywhere. I know it's daft but im disappointed that its headed that way. anyone else had a similar experience? is there still hope for them?

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Hope the wee fella has a great time TQM, I have 2 boys 8 & 6 and neither are all that interested. ive tried everything, taken them to games, spent a few quid in the shop, the house has Hibs stuff everywhere. I know it's daft but im disappointed that its headed that way. anyone else had a similar experience? is there still hope for them?

Rick - my youngest is 10. He's shown no interest until the last year or so. He got into fitba via a classmate and him collecting the Match Attax cards/album.

To be honest, he'd rather I was taking him to Eastlands as he adores Man C and Tevez. He has Man C strip, PJs, flag, signed Tevez pic, posters etc and he's even started playing for a local under 10's side six months ago.

I know there's no sub for going to the game so I'm hoping today starts a new love affair with the Hibs for him. He'll be following his big brother, his uncle and me. It also helps that his pal and his pal's Dad are Hibbys!

A wee win with a few goals should see him hooked! I haven't pushed him - well only gently :wink:

Good luck wi your two - and I hope my experience shows there's time yet! :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM

I took my boy to a Hibs v Aberdeen match on his 4th Birthday but he hated it.
He was crying his eyes out at half time wanting to go home.
It was an eerie feeling walking away from Easter Road at half time. Albion Rd was like a ghost town:greengrin
Stanton was doing a presentation on the pitch at Half Time too IIRC.

My boy didnt ask to come back until his 5th birthday but has had a ST since .

Its weird as i have not pushed him into it. He's just really into football.
Loves Hibs. Loves them:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
06-03-2010, 10:54 AM
My wee fellae's 4 in September and I'll probably give it another year before I drag him up to Edinburgh to watch his first ever game.

He's more into bikes, dancing, running about, playing with his cars, my iPhone apps and his Nintendo DS than he is with football at the moment.

He's got indoor Umbro Goalposts at the moment and wants a kickabout now and again and he's been spoilt with Hibs dressing gowns, kits, footballs, jammies etc but he's not really fussed.

Hopefully over the next year he'll get into it good and proper and become a Hibee diehard.

Knowing my luck he'll come out the closet at 16 and spend the rest of his years teaching break-dancing to under privileged ghetto youths without giving football a thought :boo hoo:

Hibee_Rab
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Don't worry, the 1st match I can remember is a 0-2 loss to cally thistle and I still love the hibs.

Moulin Yarns
06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Cheeky bassa! :grr:

I'll get round that - trust me :wink:

It will be deducted from his pocket money at source :wink:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Well, the wee man loved the ER experience and he got kitted oot with baw, and clobber also! :thumbsup:

Thankfully Deeks was there to provide a highlight and a goal worthy of the admission price :agree: I did tell the wee man during the game that Deeks was the main man! :greengrin What a goal! :top marks He wants to go back to ER soon! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, the wee man loved the ER experience and he got kitted oot with baw, and clobber also! :thumbsup:

Thankfully Deeks was there to provide a highlight and a goal worthy of the admission price :agree: I did tell the wee man during the game that Deeks was the main man! :greengrin What a goal! :top marks He wants to go back to ER soon! :thumbsup:

Delighted to hear that your wee boy enjoyed the game G.
Hope you got Riordan 10 on the wee man's top for him.:thumbsup:

RickyS
06-03-2010, 11:32 PM

excellent news TQM, delighted for you and the wee man. I have decided to give them another chance for the Ross County game. im hopin for a few goals to keep them interested. when I told my 8 year old, his reaction was "can I have a hot dog and a capri sun again"
I see from some of the other post's that not all boys fall in love with it straight away. my father in law is a big Dundee fan and keeps threatening to take him to Dens Park!!

Pedantic_Hibee
07-03-2010, 08:25 AM
I would take the wee man to the game next week as he'll be in Edinburgh with me but he'll no doubt want to leave early and I don't want him to get criticised on Hibs.net;

"Did anyone see that fat 3 year old lad with the German helmet haircut leaving at half-time. He's a disgrace to the club and shouldn't be back".

It would cut him to the quick and he's a confidence supporter, he doesn't need the abuse.

He'd be the South Stand's Colin Nish; tall, cumbersome, looks a handful but falls over at the drop of a hat and gets over the top abuse for it. Just like Nishy. And he chain-smokes too.

:wink:

RickyS
07-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I would take the wee man to the game next week as he'll be in Edinburgh with me but he'll no doubt want to leave early and I don't want him to get criticised on Hibs.net;

"Did anyone see that fat 3 year old lad with the German helmet haircut leaving at half-time. He's a disgrace to the club and shouldn't be back".

It would cut him to the quick and he's a confidence supporter, he doesn't need the abuse.

He'd be the South Stand's Colin Nish; tall, cumbersome, looks a handful but falls over at the drop of a hat and gets over the top abuse for it. Just like Nishy. And he chain-smokes too.

:wink:

thats why we have toilets:devil:

IWasThere2016
07-03-2010, 01:09 PM
excellent news TQM, delighted for you and the wee man. I have decided to give them another chance for the Ross County game. im hopin for a few goals to keep them interested. when I told my 8 year old, his reaction was "can I have a hot dog and a capri sun again"
I see from some of the other post's that not all boys fall in love with it straight away. my father in law is a big Dundee fan and keeps threatening to take him to Dens Park!!

Ive threatened mine with Dens too Ricky - as its 15 mins from the hoose! If yours were bored at ER they'd fall asleep at Dens. The Dees are not entertaining by any stretch ..

matty_f
07-03-2010, 01:11 PM
You must be taking them to the "easy games" only then Matty! :wink:

Not too many of them for Hibs though eh? :wink: :greengrin

The toughest game we've had that he's been to has been v Dundee Utd.

He's obsessed with Hibs (and football) just now - I don't know where he gets it from!!:dunno:

IWasThere2016
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Delighted to hear that your wee boy enjoyed the game G.
Hope you got Riordan 10 on the wee man's top for him.:thumbsup:

He didn't go for a top - he got shorts and socks to go with his training top! Next time perhaps :wink:

Deeks' influence was there yesterday though as wee man tucked a beauty for his under 10's. Beat two on left wing, skinned boy on the bye line and from acute angle smashed a curler beyond the keeper into the roof of the net! :greengrin

Ritchie
08-03-2010, 08:48 AM
He didn't go for a top - he got shorts and socks to go with his training top! Next time perhaps :wink:

Deeks' influence was there yesterday though as wee man tucked a beauty for his under 10's. Beat two on left wing, skinned boy on the bye line and from acute angle smashed a curler beyond the keeper into the roof of the net! :greengrin

get him signed up for the hibees :agree:

PETRIE!!! :grr: