PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Capacity

Framie
05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
What will be the completed capacity of easter road i keep seeing "20250" mentioned however if you add west (6500) east (6400) north (3700) and south (3900) = (20500)

However i found this article - "The North Stand and South Stands are similar in stature, steep with two sections of green seats with the top tiers curving inwards at a 45 degree angle in one corner. The North Stand is known as The Famous Five Stand and has a capacity of 3,864, with the South Stand which is designated for away supporters, slightly larger at 3,962."

http://100groundsclub.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-matchday-205-easter-road.html (http://100groundsclub.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-matchday-205-easter-road.html)

before we built the 2 behind goals stands i remember the article relating to ground reconstruction (with new stadium model lexo miller and Dougie Cromb also pictured) in "The Pink" gave accurate capacity figures however its been a while so iv forgot.

If these figures are accurate capacity would be closer to 21000 (20726) considerably more than the figure being quoted any ideas as to the exact capacity of each stand?:confused:

matty_f
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
What will be the completed capacity of easter road i keep seeing "20250" mentioned however if you add west (6500) east (6400) north (3700) and south (3900) = (20500)

However i found this article - "The North Stand and South Stands are similar in stature, steep with two sections of green seats with the top tiers curving inwards at a 45 degree angle in one corner. The North Stand is known as The Famous Five Stand and has a capacity of 3,864, with the South Stand which is designated for away supporters, slightly larger at 3,962."

http://100groundsclub.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-matchday-205-easter-road.html (http://100groundsclub.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-matchday-205-easter-road.html)

before we built the 2 behind goals stands i remember the article relating to ground reconstruction (with new stadium model lexo miller and Dougie Cromb also pictured) in "The Pink" gave accurate capacity figures however its been a while so iv forgot.

If these figures are accurate capacity would be closer to 21000 (20726) considerably more than the figure being quoted any ideas as to the exact capacity of each stand?:confused:

It might be something to do with the new pitch dimensions - IIRC, there are plans to take out a couple of rows at the front of the West, which may account for the difference. :dunno:

Framie
05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
id like the idea it may be larger than it is

Franck is God
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I wonder if its 20,250 seats available to buy as season tickets/match day tickets and the rest of the seats are corporate or press?

Cocaine&Caviar
05-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder if its 20,250 seats available to buy as season tickets/match day tickets and the rest of the seats are corporate or press?

I wouldn't imagine that is how the capacity is calculated, if it were Wembley would only have about 62,000.

Jack
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Could it be seats lost because of segregation?

jgl07
05-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Could it be seats lost because of segregation?
No seats lost due to segregation for a Hearts or OF match at least.

Some seats were lost in the North Stand after the balck seats were changed slightly.

The rest of the loss is down to the first two rows of the West Stand to accommodate pitch widening.

down-the-slope
05-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I think :confused: this is to do with locating TV facilities - which have been above East on gantry in the West Stand

Framie
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
i think its wrong and just undercalculated!

Only around 60 seats were lost when they increased the black seats in the famous five the two ends both take around 3800 with the south having maybe 50-100 more because no corporate so call it 7650 for both is being generous the west is quoted at 6500 the new east at 6400 still makes more than 300 more seats than 20250 more the merrier i say but would like to know for sure:greengrin

Framie
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I think :confused: this is to do with locating TV facilities - which have been above East on gantry in the West Stand

but they will be re-located back after the new east opens no?

WindyMiller
05-03-2010, 09:01 PM
hope not i like the idea it may be larger than first thought

That's what the wife said!

Framie
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
eternal optimist your missus

madabouthibs
05-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't understand why they want to remove 2 or 3 rows of seats from the west to accomodate pitch widening, why not just accomodate this into the East stand plans? :confused:

Framie
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
correct the east just gets moved back a yard or 2 how much is it getting widened by?

tamig
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I can't understand why they want to remove 2 or 3 rows of seats from the west to accomodate pitch widening, why not just accomodate this into the East stand plans? :confused:

There won't be much room behind the new East so I think that's a non-starter.

PC Stamp
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
correct the east just gets moved back a yard or 2 how much is it getting widened by?

About 4m apparently.

down-the-slope
05-03-2010, 09:20 PM
but they will be re-located back after the new east opens no?

Not sure

Framie
05-03-2010, 09:21 PM
should be plenty of room behind east its much steeper than the west based upon the models and if there was enough room to build a third tier as suggested for scotlands failed euro bid 4 meters shouldnae be a problem

tamig
05-03-2010, 09:38 PM
should be plenty of room behind east its much steeper than the west based upon the models and if there was enough room to build a third tier as suggested for scotlands failed euro bid 4 meters shouldnae be a problem

I think these plans were maybe about before the flats started to rise. There is a fair bit of room behind the East but once the stand's up I think you'll find there's not a lot left.

Framie
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
still cant see the west having any alterations when it can all be done on the east side what would be the point? surely the stand could be made to be not as wide if need be why are we widening the pitch anyway if tiny little tight pitches are good enough for the mighty yams then why no us:confused:

Framie
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
all i want to know is the capacity of the north and south and east and west so i can add them up hibs never could count no yamathmatics allowed

matty_f
05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
still cant see the west having any alterations when it can all be done on the east side what would be the point? surely the stand could be made to be not as wide if need be why are we widening the pitch anyway if tiny little tight pitches are good enough for the mighty yams then why no us:confused:

Could be to do with the planning permission - that would have set out where the East starts and finishes, so if the decision to widen the pitch was taken after permission was given for the East, then the quickest option might be to alter the West.

18Craig75
05-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm sure a couple of rows have to be removed from the west so we can centre the pitch on the North & South stands.

I must say I prefer losing a a few hundred seats as opposed to the pitch being of centred by 4 meters!

Framie
05-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm sure a couple of rows have to be removed from the west so we can centre the pitch on the North & South stands.

I must say I prefer losing a a few hundred seats as opposed to the pitch being of centred by 4 meters!

more seats means potentially more cash tho

Framie
05-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Could be to do with the planning permission - that would have set out where the East starts and finishes, so if the decision to widen the pitch was taken after permission was given for the East, then the quickest option might be to alter the West.

do we have to submit plans for altering west safety certs etc.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-03-2010, 11:13 PM

:agree: West needs to be slightly altered or the pitch would be off centre and look ridiculous.

Pretty sure a wider pitch is required to come into line with regulations for European football. Obviously something the yams dont need to concern themselves with.

Framie
05-03-2010, 11:25 PM
found this:
Bigger and better things are on the way
THE final phase of the redevelopment of Easter Road will result not only in a new pitch – but a much bigger one, it was revealed today, writes DAVID HARDIE.

Hibs will take the opportunity created by building a new East Stand to bring the pitch up to UEFA and international standards.

As a result, it will be widened by four metres which means John Hughes' players will enjoy an added 120 square metres of turf. Chief executive Scott Lindsay said: "The present East Stand provides a physical barrier but once it is removed we are required to make the pitch UEFA compliant.

"The current pitch is a fairly old one and has been subject to extreme weather as have others.

"But significant work will take place, to the under-structure and the undersoil heating.

"Building the new East Stand will provide us with the opportunity to strip the pitch back and create a better surface."

no mention of west

BEEJ
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
found this:
Bigger and better things are on the way
THE final phase of the redevelopment of Easter Road will result not only in a new pitch – but a much bigger one, it was revealed today, writes DAVID HARDIE.

Hibs will take the opportunity created by building a new East Stand to bring the pitch up to UEFA and international standards.

As a result, it will be widened by four metres which means John Hughes' players will enjoy an added 120 square metres of turf. Chief executive Scott Lindsay said: "The present East Stand provides a physical barrier but once it is removed we are required to make the pitch UEFA compliant.

"The current pitch is a fairly old one and has been subject to extreme weather as have others.

"But significant work will take place, to the under-structure and the undersoil heating.

"Building the new East Stand will provide us with the opportunity to strip the pitch back and create a better surface."

no mention of west
Look on the official site under the item 'New East Stand - Frequently Asked Questions'.

Q19 asks: Is the pitch being improved as part of the build?

Answer:

"Yes. Significant works will be undertaken in the close season to fit the new Stadium configuration and to meet UEFA guidelines. Some minor work will be required in the West Stand to allow the planned works on the pitch; any supporters affected will be contacted in advance of next season."

Now are you convinced? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Capacity used to be around 20 pints and ten nips back in the golden days, (achieved I think, in a New Years day derby against Hearts) but has been steadily reduced due to safety issues, development and reconstruction to around half-a-dozen nips or small glasses of wine maximum. This figure is seldom achieved unless it's category A games (Hearts, the OF), big cup games or European ties.

Oh...sorry, we were talking about the stadium capacity...

Arch Stanton
06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
:agree: West needs to be slightly altered or the pitch would be off centre and look ridiculous.

Pretty sure a wider pitch is required to come into line with regulations for European football. Obviously something the yams dont need to concern themselves with.

Not just look ridiculous - if the East touchline were to move further East then some folks in the North and South wouldn't be able to see it (i.e. on the east-side of those stands, at the back).

.Sean.
06-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Because if you widen it 4 metres at one side the goals will not be in the centre of the FF and the south stand. Simples.

Framie
06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Still not convinced :dummytit:

HibbyKeith
06-03-2010, 05:35 PM
the goals are already offset to the centre of the famous five.

if you look at where the touchline is in relation to the last row of seats in the famous five stand (west stand side) thats why the west stand is having some rows removed.

picture link here (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Easter_Road.jpg)

mglancy23
06-03-2010, 05:37 PM
the goals are already offset to the centre of the famous five.

if you look at where the touchline is in relation to the last row of seats in the famous five stand (west stand side) thats why the west stand is having some rows removed.

picture link here (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Easter_Road.jpg)

how good does the pitch look in your photo? ahhhh memories