PDA

View Full Version : What we are screaming out for

SalfordHibs
04-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Read alot of posts by people saying we are far too light in midfield which we are, teams are running over the top of us lately, why doesn't Thicot get a shout into the midfield, done a great job when he came on against Dundee United could be the answer to our ongoing problems.

Keith_M
04-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Read alot of posts by people saying we are far too light in midfield which we are, teams are running over the top of us lately, why doesn't Thicot get a shout into the midfield, done a great job when he came on against Dundee United could be the answer to our ongoing problems.

OK Mr Thicot, we give in, play if you like.

:greengrin

Bayern Bru
04-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Yes, it'd be nice to see Thicot given a chance. However, against Dundee Utd, he played on the right of a back three in defence. There's no real guarantee he'd perform in midfield unless we perhaps played with a defensive midfielder, then he could slot in in front of the back four, but that'll never happen.

SalfordHibs
04-03-2010, 06:52 PM
OK Mr Thicot, we give in, play if you like.

:greengrin

Not a nice welcome to the board :boo hoo:

SalfordHibs
04-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Yes, it'd be nice to see Thicot given a chance. However, against Dundee Utd, he played on the right of a back three in defence. There's no real guarantee he'd perform in midfield unless we perhaps played with a defensive midfielder, then he could slot in in front of the back four, but that'll never happen.

I know he played right back mate, i just think he could play the sitting role in front of the back four. Nish & Rankin although both try just dont gives us what we need, IMHO Benji & Zouma on before any of them.

Lucius Apuleius
05-03-2010, 09:01 AM
What are we screaming out for?

Ice cream?

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Are you saying that you would drop McBride?

How come our midfield weren't too lightweight when we went on that unbeaten run?

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Are you saying that you would drop McBride?

How come our midfield weren't too lightweight when we went on that unbeaten run?

Is he not injured.

Teams are not letting us settle on the ball anymore, players are in our midfields faces stopping them from playing

look at our midfield in height wise, something we are lacking in and IMO Thicot could gives us a bit more fight.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Is he not injured.

Teams are not letting us settle on the ball anymore, players are in our midfields faces stopping them from playing

look at our midfield in height wise, something we are lacking in and IMO Thicot could gives us a bit more fight.

I don't know - he got a bang on the head last week - I know in rugby you get ruled out for 3 weeks if you’ve been concussed but I don’t think football apply that “rule”.

I don’t think you need to be big to fight though – look at Ian Black.

Craig_in_Prague
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Although I thought we were still pretty poor last week, I don't think that was much to do with the midfield and them being small or whatever......I think we looked nervous in defence & our strikers didn't take the great couple of chances that were created.... If they had done, no-one would've said a word and don't think there'd be a cry for big battling midfielders.

I'd have McBride, Miller, Zemamma and co. in my team any day, our football isn't coming off or working just now, but I don't think we need to change that many things,
In all honesty getting DW at RM, with McCann or McCormack at RB, would give us better balance, and either Zemamma or Gow at LM, moving Deek upfront in a 4-4-2, would give us better balance yet still plenty attacking options.

Under Mixu we cried for Yantorno, Pinau etc to get a run.
Now it's Thicot or whomever.
Personally i dont think we need to change personal too much, just get back to basics of being organised and hard working - Our good run was built on being hard to beat 1st and foremost......then going onto win games.

--------
05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't know - he got a bang on the head last week - I know in rugby you get ruled out for 3 weeks if you’ve been concussed but I don’t think football apply that “rule”.

I'd rather not, if you don't mind. He's NOT a pretty sight. :devil:

I thought this forum was fior discussing football and footballers....

My own thought is that while I think I see what Yogi's trying to do (and tbf it worked out fine for a long part of the season) I'd prefer an more orthodox 4-4-2 system which would give us that wee bit extra bite in midfield that the OP's talking about.

Zouma right, Miller and McBride in the middle, and Galbraith left, or maybe get in a right-back, and play Wotherspoon, Miller, McBride, and either Zouma or Galbraith depending on conditions, opposition, and match situation?

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM

Thicot could win alot more balls in the air than our midget midfield, a good midfield should have a good balance you need a couple of flair players aswell as hard tackling players.

Ian Black :bitchy: that's a wind up surely.

Totally agree with our defence problems, so what's happened there since our good run...Our strikers too they aren't putting away the chances they were previously.

Brooster
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Thicott is a bottle merchant and hides in games, bringing him in would be a backward step, plus he will be away in the summer. Keep the team along similar lines - they are good enough to get us out of this rut starting with a win tomorrow..........c'mon Hibs.

clerriehibs
05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Thicott is a bottle merchant and hides in games, bringing him in would be a backward step, plus he will be away in the summer. Keep the team along similar lines - they are good enough to get us out of this rut starting with a win tomorrow..........c'mon Hibs.

Jimmy? Jimmy Jefferies? Is that you?

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Was never evident at the games at PBS or Tannadice.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd rather not, if you don't mind. He's NOT a pretty sight. :devil:

I thought this forum was fior discussing football and footballers....

That's what I thought but some are suggesting changing the midfield to a team of rugby players.

Thicot could win alot more balls in the air than our midget midfield, a good midfield should have a good balance you need a couple of flair players aswell as hard tackling players.

Ian Black :bitchy: that's a wind up surely.

You want someone to add a bit of physicality to the midfield? He doesn't have to be tall to be physical - you didn't mention he had to be good at football as well. I thought you were saying size over skill?

Brooster
05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Was never evident at the games at PBS or Tannadice.

I could've played at CH at the PBS such was the lack of firepower from the Yams. He played well at Tannadice I'll give you that but lets face it he isn't good enough, if we want to be top four each season we wont do it with him in the team. I've seen him in 3 or 4 bounce games this season and he is going through the motions.....he's a non trier imo.

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 10:52 AM
I could've played at CH at the PBS such was the lack of firepower from the Yams. He played well at Tannadice I'll give you that but lets face it he isn't good enough, if we want to be top four each season we wont do it with him in the team. I've seen him in 3 or 4 bounce games this season and he is going through the motions.....he's a non trier imo.

Fair enough you have seen him play more times than me so i cant comment on the bounce games, just liked what i seen at Tannadice and the PBS...Why do we always stick with Nish, Rankin & Hogg.

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
That's what I thought but some are suggesting changing the midfield to a team of rugby players.

You want someone to add a bit of physicality to the midfield? He doesn't have to be tall to be physical - you didn't mention he had to be good at football as well. I thought you were saying size over skill?

Quote "Midget Midfield" and you add in Ian Black, all i am saying is we are too light in that area.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote "Midget Midfield" and you add in Ian Black, all i am saying is we are too light in that area.

Ian Black proves you don't need to be tall to kick the opposition though.

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Ian Black proves you don't need to be tall to kick the opposition though.

What would Ian Black exactly do in our midfield, look at the previous games Yams we got bossed in the midfield by Stewart, Tannadice we got boosed in the midfield, look at the most recent two games against St Johnstone again bossed in the midfield.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
What would Ian Black exactly do in our midfield, look at the previous games Yams we got bossed in the midfield by Stewart, Tannadice we got boosed in the midfield, look at the most recent two games against St Johnstone again bossed in the midfield.

He'd add physical prescence. Is that not what lots of folk are asking for? Or is it just height you all want?

BTW Stewart had a decent game by his standards but bossed the midfield? He ran about a lot and shouted at the ref and that but I don't think he created anything.

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
He'd add physical prescence. Is that not what lots of folk are asking for? Or is it just height you all want?

BTW Stewart had a decent game by his standards but bossed the midfield? He ran about a lot and shouted at the ref and that but I don't think he created anything.

Mate i said we were too light not height, sorry IMO Stewart bossed our midfield at ER.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Mate i said we were too light not height, sorry IMO Stewart bossed our midfield at ER.

Same point stands for Black - he's not heavy but adds physical presence?

Sorry if it looks like I'm having at go at you on your 1st day!

SalfordHibs
05-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Same point stands for Black - he's not heavy but adds physical presence?

Sorry if it looks like I'm having at go at you on your 1st day!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate not taking it to heart.

As for Black sorry i dont agree i was delighted we never got him
i want someone that was in the Rocastle mould for our midfield.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate not taking it to heart.

As for Black sorry i dont agree i was delighted we never got him
i want someone that was in the Rocastle mould for our midfield.

I don't think Black's any good either but I keep reading we need hieght/weight/physicality in the midfield and he's the type of player that gives physicality, although little skill.

I'd rather have a midfield like the midfield we had at the start of the season when we rarely lost - Miller and McBride pulling the strings - barely 11ft and 22 stone between them.

GreenCastle
05-03-2010, 01:46 PM

The sad reality was that Stewart did run the midfield at the last home derby.

Hibs need a player with experience in there to control the game and a more of a physical presence.

As for Thicot - think he could do a job - has a bad reputation on here.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
The sad reality was that Stewart did run the midfield at the last home derby.

Hibs need a player with experience in there to control the game and a more of a physical presence.

As for Thicot - think he could do a job - has a bad reputation on here.

What did he do to "run the derby"? This myth started on KB the day after the derby and has grown and grown! He created nothing - he was in there to stop us playing not make them play. A proper midfielder does both.

GreenCastle
05-03-2010, 01:58 PM
What did he do to "run the derby"? This myth started on KB the day after the derby and has grown and grown! He created nothing - he was in there to stop us playing not make them play. A proper midfielder does both.

I never said he "ran the derby" - you have mis quoted me. :wink: The midfield yes :wink:

I think there are different types of midfielder - creative / holding / attacking / destroyer - whatever you want to call them.

Coaches change the role depending on the style of the team.

As for the myth on KB - yes there are many fabricated stories on there but having witnessed it from the East Stand that day - I thought he controlled it in there and won the ball and even started several yams attacks going forward.

Like him or not and he had his good and poor games for Hibs/Yams - on his day Stewart can do a job in midfield.