PDA

View Full Version : New stand

Last Minute
04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Anybody know if when the new stand is built there is plans to have HFC or Hibernian etc with coloured seats in the new east?

Hope so

iwasthere1972
04-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Anybody know if when the new stand is built there is plans to have HFC or Hibernian etc with coloured seats in the new east?

Hope so

I believe the words will be

Hearts Are Pish. :wink:

Keith_M
04-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I heard it's going to be 'Told You So - TQM'.

:greengrin

Elephant Stone
04-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Best to keep it all green IMO, anything else would look tacky. "Hibernian Football Club" up on the top next to where the flags would go might be an idea though:agree:

Geo_1875
04-03-2010, 01:56 PM
It will probably spell "SIT DOWN IN FRONT, I CAN'T SEE THE GAME!!!"

archiebald
04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Or like Sporting Lisbon all different colours !

Phil D. Rolls
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM

I noticed that, it made the ground look fuller than it was. We are a wee hobo team, so it might be worth thinking about.

.Sean.
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Best to keep it all green IMO, anything else would look tacky. "Hibernian Football Club" up on the top next to where the flags would go might be an idea though:agree:
Great idea :agree:

RoYO!
04-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Words can't quite describe how much i hope hibs DONT write anything across the seats. Looks so dated and, well, a bit sheite. Much better IMO to go with the green seats.

lyonhibs
04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Words can't quite describe how much i hope hibs DONT write anything across the seats. Looks so dated and, well, a bit sheite. Much better IMO to go with the green seats.

:agree: :agree:

Leave the tacky pasting of club emblems/multicoloured seating fuddery up to big clubs like Hertz etc.

Dunbar Hibee
05-03-2010, 01:43 AM

:agree: totally agree mate.

1two
05-03-2010, 07:44 AM
I noticed that, it made the ground look fuller than it was. We are a wee hobo team, so it might be worth thinking about.

Don't think its a bad idea.

This attached pic i took at Fortuna Dusseldorf's stadium. The stadium was built for the 2006 World cup and holds 52000.
Fortuna Dusseldorf are a Bundesliga 2 team and have average attendances of around 20000 meaning its never any where near full.
Also they have free trams which drive straight into the ground from the city centre.
If you look close enough you can see the empty seat on the other side but it does look full.

Might look **** in an otherwise green stadium though!:agree:

An Leargaidh
05-03-2010, 10:27 AM

All different colours except anything vaguely near maroon, rotten grapes or whatever that honkin colour is the troglodytes have their seats made of over at Merrick Stadium in Gorgie :greengrin

jakedance
05-03-2010, 10:52 AM

I really like that. Modern football stadiums lack a bit of colour and character so anything a wee bit different is fine with me.

J-C
05-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Could be really clever and do the seats to look like the club badge. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Could be really clever and do the seats to look like the club badge. :greengrin

Yeah, just like the bits they cut oot of the girders at the back of the Famous Five. They look well cool now.

Wilson
05-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I really like that. Modern football stadiums lack a bit of colour and character so anything a wee bit different is fine with me.

I don't want our ground to look like puke.

Sod picking our colour scheme so the ground looks full when the seats are empty. Lets just go for the green seats and concentrate on filling them!

J-C
05-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't want our ground to look like puke.

Sod picking our colour scheme so the ground looks full when the seats are empty. Lets just go for the green seats and concentrate on filling them!

Calm down, calm down.........I think most of these posts are in jest, we have no control over the seats, all a bit of fun.

proud_and_green
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I have to say, this has been something that has always confused me. The only time it is really of any use is when the ground is empty when, for example, TV are doing pre-match reviews and then you really only get about 1 min of the whole thing. In an ideal world we would have enough fans inside the ground during a game to ensure that you never saw the writing therefore the object is to make sure you never see the writing.

Therefore, a waste of money - in my opinion.

hfc rd
05-03-2010, 09:58 PM
It would look smart, if the new east had lettering on it. But after looking at a few pics of the new stand, really doubt that the stand will have any lettering on it.

Mikey
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
What about............

Albanian Hibs
06-03-2010, 07:24 AM
All different colours except anything vaguely near maroon, rotten grapes or whatever that honkin colour is the troglodytes have their seats made of over at Merrick Stadium in Gorgie :greengrin

:greengrin