PDA

View Full Version : Filling in the corners (merged)

kingdannyb
04-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm sure the other three stands were designed for ER to eventually become fully enclosed.
Is this plan still on the cards and how does the new one tier east stand fit in ?

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't think the corners were ever on the plans to be filled in. :confused:
The new one tier stand will fit into the big gap that will be there, when the old stand is removed. Well that's my understanding. I may be wrong though, how did your new stand fit in?

RoslinInstHibby
04-03-2010, 09:13 AM
i think the original plans were made up so that if we ever needed to fill the corners then we could, can't see it happening though.

get 2 big massive tv screens, a giant score board and a big advertising board up in the corners, then we would be sorted!:greengrin

dunno if it will be worth £51 million though:boo hoo::greengrin

DC_Hibs
04-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Absolutely no need to do it and as has been stated countless times, the costs are huge compared to the number of seats that are added.

Meanwhile over the other side of the city................................NOWT

Brummie_Hibs
04-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Not withstanding the fact that it makes no financial sense to fill the corners (at the moment), the question is 'COULD' we fill in the corners with the single tier stand?

I'd like to see some mock-ups how this would look...

kingdannyb
04-03-2010, 09:30 AM
If Hearts ever build a new main stand then the ground will be fully enclosed by four separate stands.

It just seems odd that the main, south and north stands at Easter Road were designed so that it could be fully enclosed by a perfect bowl yet this new stand eliminates that chance.

It will still look good with 3/4 being a bowl and a separate east stand but it will now always look lopsided.

I could have looked like this, the Milton Keynes stadium:
http://imagecache.soccerway.com/venues/600x450/475.jpg

DC_Hibs
04-03-2010, 09:46 AM
It will still look good with 3/4 being a bowl and a separate east stand but it will now always look lopsided.

You are clutching at straws here. The new stand will be exactly the same height as the others albeit with one tier (as most fans requested). This in no ways rules out filling in the corners should this ever be necessary.

Sorry to disappoint.

MSK
04-03-2010, 09:46 AM
If Hearts ever build a new main stand then the ground will be fully enclosed by four separate stands.

It just seems odd that the main, south and north stands at Easter Road were designed so that it could be fully enclosed by a perfect bowl yet this new stand eliminates that chance.

How the f will it look lop-sided...?...you have taken the time to start up a discussion but i would ask you take some time to look at the pics/plans of the stadium before posting guff !!!

No-one is really interested in whether the corners will be filled in or not ..i certainly couldnt gie a flying one anyway..the main thing is the stadium will look superb when completed unlike that stinking hole you lot dwell in !!!!

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2010, 09:51 AM

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF. The only thing thats odd, is you lot still BELIEVING you might be getting a new stand.:faf::faf: I have more chance of biting my own arse, than you lot have of building a new stand.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Wrong end of the stick mate - all 4 stands will be the same height so no lop-sided action.

A 2-tier stand is like our West Stand. A 1 tier stand is like your stands at Tiny.

DC_Hibs
04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=1571990&postcount=40

Just one of many with same set up

Holmesdale Hibs
04-03-2010, 09:56 AM
No need to fill in the corners just now and would be suprised if there was a need any time in the near future. There will always be something better to spend money on. Having said that a big screen and scoreboards would look pretty cool.

I also remember reading (most likely on here) that we didn't own enough of the land between the stands to do this. Don't know if there's any truth in this.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2010, 10:01 AM
No need to fill in the corners just now and would be suprised if there was a need any time in the near future. There will always be something better to spend money on. Having said that a big screen and scoreboards would look pretty cool.

I also remember reading (most likely on here) that we didn't own enough of the land between the stands to do this. Don't know if there's any truth in this.

I don't think so - I think it's more to do with the road behind the F5 being too close?

Antifa Hibs
04-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Unless we get some billionaire Arabian oil tycoon never in a million years will the corners at ER be filled in.

Antifa Hibs
04-03-2010, 10:10 AM

http://www.mkdonsfitc.co.uk/images/uploads/StadiumMK.jpg

Not according to these sooper dooper plans http://www.photo-pimp.com/stu/new_tynie/Tynecastle2.jpg (http://www.photo-pimp.com/stu/new_tynie/Tynecastle2.jpg) :faf:

--------
04-03-2010, 10:36 AM

http://www.mkdonsfitc.co.uk/images/uploads/StadiumMK.jpg

You've not been listening.

This stand doesn't preclude the filling-in of the corners. the only difference between this stand and the adjoining North and South Stands is that it's going to be a single-decker with the deck raked at an angle somewhere between the angles of the lower and upper decks of the existing structures.

The roofs are cantilever structures, all at the same elevation above the pitch - this means no big vertical girders supporting the ends of the roofs like at Tynie. The main reason we probably won't complete the oval is the high cost per seat of doing so. That doesn't mean we won't do it sometime in the future, though there's a problem of space at the NW and SE corners - we'd have to use the NW as the vehicular access to the interior of the stadium, and the SE for a big TV screen. (Which means we probably won't do it until your lot finally go down the plug-hole.)

Any competent architect could provide plans for filling the corners. In fact, I'd be very surprised if our board haven't already looked at possibilities. It's called "forward planning", and it's something STF and the board have been engaged in for the past 20 years.

As George Peppard used to say, "I just love it when a plan comes together...."

This stand is the completion of a 15-year construction project involving the COMPLETE renovation of the stadium and the construction of an up-to-date, completely paid-for training complex out at East Mains.

Forward planning and good stewardship. I commend them to your attention.

.SeventyFive
04-03-2010, 10:37 AM
It is still possible to fill in the corners - single tier or not. There will be a bit of a divide but it will still be fully enclosed.

In fact a potential goer is to have the South/East filled to allow more away support for Celtic/Rangers/Hearts (which they would likely fill) with a segregation between the fans as a result of the single tier without losing rows and rows of seats to seperate them.

Leithenhibby
04-03-2010, 10:42 AM
It is still possible to fill in the corners - single tier or not. There will be a bit of a divide but it will still be fully enclosed.

In fact a potential goer is to have the South/East filled to allow more away support for Celtic/Rangers/Hearts (which they would likely fill) with a segregation between the fans as a result of the single tier without losing rows and rows of seats to seperate them.

This is news to me, can't ever see that happening any time soon either...:wink:

Martin
04-03-2010, 10:43 AM
They ability is still there.

Look at celtic park. It was does not have the full tiers going round. I assume ours (if it was to happen) would be the same.

bawheid
04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Forward planning and good stewardship. I commend them to your attention.

To a Merrick, forward planning constitutes siphoning off £50 a week from the club's charity pot in order to avoid detection so you can build up a fund to take your rank Yamette bit on the side for a dirty weekend in the Ardmillan Hotel.

--------
04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
This is news to me, can't ever see that happening any time soon either...:wink:

It's not on the agenda right now, but one never knows what the future holds.

The thing is that the design of the stands as is allows further development comparatively easily. If the Yams tried to fill in the corners at the Bus Shelter, they'd have to rebuild the entire stadium. (Or at least entirely re-roof it with a cantilever roof, supposing that to be possible.)

kingdannyb
04-03-2010, 10:52 AM
If the corners do get filled in at some point then it will look like Murrayfield - the junctions of their east stand and the rest of the stadium is a complete mess.

ps. I love the combination of intelligent and pointlessly aggressive responses - kickback has the same ratio of morons too !

Peevemor
04-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Not according to these sooper dooper plans http://www.photo-pimp.com/stu/new_tynie/Tynecastle2.jpg (http://www.photo-pimp.com/stu/new_tynie/Tynecastle2.jpg) :faf:

Whoever knocked that up must know where to get a good deal on skyhooks to hold up the main roof trusses for the 3 existing stands. :greengrin

kingdannyb
04-03-2010, 11:03 AM
They ability is still there.

Look at celtic park. It was does not have the full tiers going round. I assume ours (if it was to happen) would be the same.

I read in Simon Inglis' "Football Ground of Britain" that if Celtic did rebuild the main stand to match the rest of the stadium it would take capacity up to 85,000 - I think Wembley at 90,000 would be the only stadium in Britain that's bigger. Twickenham is 82,000 and Old Trafford is 76,000

--------
04-03-2010, 11:07 AM
If the corners do get filled in at some point then it will look like Murrayfield - the junctions of their east stand and the rest of the stadium is a complete mess.

ps. I love the combination of intelligent and pointlessly aggressive responses - kickback has the same ratio of morons too !

Kickback: n. colloq. 1 The force of a recoil. 2 Payment for collaboration, esp. collaboration for illicit profit. (Oxford Concise English Dictionary.)

Bribes, corruption, and dirty-money payments for favours - suits you, sir.

I smell the smell of jealousy here....

Right now at ER the plan is to build the fourth stand. That will complete a tidy stadium seating just over 20,000 spectators, all under cover, all with a clear view of the whole pitch. Not quite sure where the expression "complete mess" applies. Think you've been feeding on sour grapes, pal.

As I've said - the result of 15 years of careful, steady planning on the part of the Hibernian board. :devil:

MSK
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM

ps. I love the combination of intelligent and pointlessly aggressive responses - kickback has the same ratio of morons too !So ...how do you see Pink-castle developing ...do you think you will ever see a spanking new main stand that will replicate your meccano-esque "other" three or will you go for the flat-pack style ..i suppose its down tae money though eh ....oh wait ...i just said that M word ....:rolleyes:

kingdannyb
04-03-2010, 11:39 AM
So ...how do you see Pink-castle developing ...do you think you will ever see a spanking new main stand that will replicate your meccano-esque "other" three or will you go for the flat-pack style ..i suppose its down tae money though eh ....oh wait ...i just said that M word ....:rolleyes:

The £51m hotel thing will never happen - I've always hoped we just do the plan that was shown in the Evening News a few years ago. It's a simple, large two-tiered stand to take Tynie up to 22,000 approximately. It uses the existing corner pylons but would be built a bit higher and much deeper than the rest of the stands. Maybe one day . . .

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/jpgs/hearts_stadium_from_pitch_heartsfc_310807.jpg

Green_one
04-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Have there not been issues with ventilation etc when some grounds went enclosed?

Frankly we do not need this but if we did we could link 3 stands very easily and still leave good ventilation. The cost to seat ratio would be very poor. I would rather they put up some boarding with Hibs related matter and advertising.

As for Hearts. Basically they would be better knocking the lot down and starting again with decent quality. What happens when the old stand finally gets condemned. Let me guess, another B&Q bargain shed. Not that the Jambos will last that long.

Celtic - 85,000. So that would be 45,000 empty seats, more once they are not playing CL.

HenryMonk
04-03-2010, 11:54 AM
when i win my 100mill on the euro millions i will fill in the corners complete with giant screens. and i will employ DC Hibs* to howler hibs songs thru his german megaphone

*top megaphone man at frankfurt and comes at a price

KWJ
04-03-2010, 12:15 PM
There was talk of doing the corners had Scotland/Ireland got Euro 2008. Haven't seen anything since.

Speedway
04-03-2010, 12:37 PM

We do have our fair share of heiders on here, the difference with Kickback is that your 'morons' seem to be the ones in control of the board.

Fair play to Hearts though, if the new stand pictured ever got built, you would have a very compact ground.

--------
04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
The £51m hotel thing will never happen - I've always hoped we just do the plan that was shown in the Evening News a few years ago. It's a simple, large two-tiered stand to take Tynie up to 22,000 approximately. It uses the existing corner pylons but would be built a bit higher and much deeper than the rest of the stands. Maybe one day . . .

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/jpgs/hearts_stadium_from_pitch_heartsfc_310807.jpg

That it?

There are some serious problems with sightlines at each end of that, if that mock-up's accurate.

Can't see how it could be, mind - the perspective's all wrong.

So, when's it going up then?

Disc O'Dave
04-03-2010, 12:45 PM
To a Merrick, forward planning constitutes siphoning off £50 a week from the club's charity pot in order to avoid detection so you can build up a fund to take your rank Yamette bit on the side for a dirty weekend in the Ardmillan Hotel.

Whilst slightly off-topic....

Do you get any other sort of planning? I mean, there's no need for the word "forward" is there? If you don't do it in advance, it's not really planning.

:yawn::nerd:

Dave

PS, Don't get me started on "foot pedal"

kingdannyb
04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
There are some serious problems with sightlines at each end of that, if that mock-up's accurate.

It's just a mock-up, both corner supports are wrong, especially the one on the left, plus the police control unit on the right hand support is missing. The picture is just supposed to represent a big simple stand
I'd also like to see the unit replicated on the left hand corner support for use as the tv studio for live games to make it look symmetrical and replace that STUPID garden shed that we use currently.
How about these though :
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6756c3b730f2534845fb7d069f170fe&prevstart=0
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=f94d42a3dd34266ec84e20ed262678cd&prevstart=0

Hibs90
04-03-2010, 01:15 PM
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=f94d42a3dd34266ec84e20ed262678cd&prevstart=0

Ibrox 2. Might as well rename yourselfs Rangers 2 aswell.

Kato
04-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'd also like to see..............

Don't hold your breath.

MrSmith
04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
The problem with tynie for me and, that image exacerbates the problem! is that the stands are too close to the pitch and as far as I recall, that is an issue when hosting European matches.

I think the redevelopment of Tynie will be further on in the future than the current generation of Hearts fans would like to to imagine however...I'll bet the cost is way, way over the estimated £51m originally quoted.

jacomo
04-03-2010, 01:21 PM
It's just a mock-up, both corner supports are wrong, especially the one on the left, plus the police control unit on the right hand support is missing. The picture is just supposed to represent a big simple stand
I'd also like to see the unit replicated on the left hand corner support for use as the tv studio for live games to make it look symmetrical and replace that STUPID garden shed that we use currently.
How about these though :
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6756c3b730f2534845fb7d069f170fe&prevstart=0

So, after five years of Romanov, you've got one poorly-conceived, unworkable mock-up, and a £1m planning application that's dead in the water.

It's a professional set-up at Hearts these days. :rolleyes:

EDIT: And this monstrosity as well, of course: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=f94d42a3dd34266ec84e20ed262678cd&prevstart=0

Keith_M
04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
RE: Corners.

This has been discussed loads of times regarding whether it's possible to build in the corners. The West and South stands could be linked this way and similarly the North and East stands (irrespective of the East being one tier).

However, the North West and South East corners can't be filled in because of the roads behind each, the roads being the reasoning behind the cutaways on each stand. I'm sure you've got access to Google Maps and can check this out for yourself.

I don't personally think the North-East / South-West corners will be filled in, because there's both no demand and it'd be too expensive for the small increase in capacity.

GreenCastle
04-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Looks like a great view from behind that floodlight pole / climbing frame :faf:

I assume your pub team has a certificate for safety.

Does that expire anytime soon ? :confused:

jgl07
04-03-2010, 02:35 PM

In fact a potential goer is to have the South/East filled to allow more away support for Celtic/Rangers/Hearts (which they would likely fill) with a segregation between the fans as a result of the single tier without losing rows and rows of seats to separate them.
It will be done at some stage but I would be surprised if it happened in the next ten years.

The 20,500 capacity is OK for Hibs for the foreseeable future.

It will happen if there is need for a 25,000 seater stadium to aid a Euro-2xxx bid.

The South West and the North East corners have some potential. The other two corders would make a minimal contribution but would aid the atmosphere.
(and weather protection) and could house big screens.

There is always Rod Petrie's 'Raise the Roof' idea that was floated a few years back.

ScottB
04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I was under the impression that the surrounding road network would prevent us from fully enclosing the ground? At least in terms of fitting full seating corners anyway.

Presumably it wouldn't affect us fitting screens or something else into the corners.

clerriehibs
04-03-2010, 02:49 PM

I have to agree that some of the posters on this thread have been way OTT, to what was a reasonable, and reasonably asked, question.

No way is it the same ratio as on brokeback, though, and nothing like as vicious and vile!

.Sean.
04-03-2010, 04:40 PM
People keep pting that it is extremely expensive to fill in the corners. I'm not arguing that, just wondering why it would cost so much and how much would you expect each corner to set the club back?

Also, big screens are a great idea. Wouldn't think it would be too expensive either?

Jones28
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
A while back somebody did some pictures of ER with the corners filled in, one was like Ibrox and the other like Celtic Park, anyone got them?

zosohibee
04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
What are you all on about? Hibs are, wait for it, *****. Good form right now, but in a couple of years we'll be gash again. The Scottish game has been set, only consistent form will allow any club to challenge the OF with increasing attendance and therefore money. But this will not be happening. Give up
your pipe dreams of a new Hibernian era, the glory days are gone, all we can do is stay faithful because we still love the cabbage and try to enjoy a lifetime of cold overcast 1-1 draws with Falkirk and Motherwell etc.

marinello59
04-03-2010, 06:22 PM
What are you all on about? Hibs are, wait for it, *****. Good form right now, but in a couple of years we'll be gash again. The Scottish game has been set, only consistent form will allow any club to challenge the OF with increasing attendance and therefore money. But this will not be happening. Give up
your pipe dreams of a new Hibernian era, the glory days are gone, all we can do is stay faithful because we still love the cabbage and try to enjoy a lifetime of cold overcast 1-1 draws with Falkirk and Motherwell etc.

I think you have posted on either the wrong thread or the wrong forum.

hibeeleicester
04-03-2010, 06:33 PM

LTYF (or LTF)

villager
04-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm sure the other three stands were designed for ER to eventually become fully enclosed.
Is this plan still on the cards and how does the new one tier east stand fit in ?

daniel san! looking forward to taking you to the new east in the autumn.

despite his dodgy username danny is a decent jambo folks, he's even accompanied us to er and made an effort to look pleased when we scored.

cant say i agree with your hopes for a new stand in the near future tho pal.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
People keep pting that it is extremely expensive to fill in the corners. I'm not arguing that, just wondering why it would cost so much and how much would you expect each corner to set the club back?

Also, big screens are a great idea. Wouldn't think it would be too expensive either?

Is it not to do with the fact that its more expensive to build on a curve? :dunno: Also the fact that it would cost millions to add jst an extra 1000 or so seats? Would look mint but will never happen imo.

Judas Iscariot
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM

**** off you hertz ****

Jonnyboy
04-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Jeezo, do yourself a favour and steer clear of sharp objects

EasterRoad4Ever
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM

not in my lifetime :wink:

tamig
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM

:faf: These jokers just seem to draw up fantasy stadium pics on a whim. If they were to fill in the corners as shown in that pic the roofs would come down. "Lets rip oot the supports and put some seats in instead!" :bitchy:

ballengeich
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
It's believed that a pitch needs adequate sunshine and air circulation to maintain an even surface through a season. Given the state of ER in the last two seasons this suggests that filling in the corners would make things worse.

Dashing Bob S
04-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Jeezo, do yourself a favour and steer clear of sharp objects

Alternately, he do us all a favour and disregard your advice.

Criswell
04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm just delighted we're getting the new stand. Don't really know how the situation changed so quickly after the last AGM - but I'm not complaining.

Brummie_Hibs
04-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I see another thread has descended in Jambo baiting and member bickering - don't you just love Hibs.Net these days! :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic....

I personally think people are looking at the filling of corners in a very narrow minded way by saying it will never happen. Who knows where Hibs and Scotish football will be in a few decades. Could anybody have foreseen the EPL 20 years ago? 60 years ago, when over 65,000 were watching us play Hearts, could they have foreseen that nowadays we can't even fill a 17,500 stadium for the same game. What I'm saying is that things change and sometimes quite rapidly.

Yes, it looks like the NW and SE corners cannot be built (maybe the SE could, but it would require Hibs to buy land), but I fear that by making the East single tier then we are making a rod (sic.) for our back in the future which will make the filling of the corners even more difficult.

I think it would be good for ventilation and vehicles (for stadium gigs? [cue mass moaning about state of pitch - please don't bother, its hypothetical suggestion!]) to have two open corners. I really hope we don't put up giant TV screens - you thought playing music straight after a goal ruined atmosphere (well I do at least), then TV screen just make it worse as folk are more interested in waiting for the replay instead of celebrating. They are just a distraction...

Slightly off topic, but maybe somebody might be able to answer this: Once the stadium is finished, what is the projected life of it? Is it 50 years, 100 years or could it last forever?

NaeTechnoHibby
05-03-2010, 01:40 AM
It's believed that a pitch needs adequate sunshine and air circulation to maintain an even surface through a season. Given the state of ER in the last two seasons this suggests that filling in the corners would make things worse.

Yes, and I think that's an issue with our site, being in a "northern bowl" :agree: I think we should look at replacing the south stand roof, at some point, with a clear perspex type of structure to allow more light in :agree:

I really hope we don't put up giant TV screens - you thought playing music straight after a goal ruined atmosphere (well I do at least), then TV screen just make it worse as folk are more interested in waiting for the replay instead of celebrating. They are just a distraction...

Slightly off topic, but maybe somebody might be able to answer this: Once the stadium is finished, what is the projected life of it? Is it 50 years, 100 years or could it last forever?

I agree with your this about TV screens :agree:

I would expect these :agree:stands to last more than 50 years, maybe near to the 100 mark, as they are mostly concrete and steel and if the quality is good then it should be fine :agree:

Ibrox was one of the first 'modern' built stadiums in Britian IRRC and that's been around for nearly 40 years, yet it also hade a "bounce" about it when we cuffed them 0-3 in the cup a few years back :thumbsup:

It's still standing and I know of no safety issues with it.

KiddA
05-03-2010, 03:43 AM
I know we do not need more seats but could this be possible in the future.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6756c3b730f2534845fb7d069f170fe&ct=mdrm

It looks great. C'mon rod get your finger out :wink:

Woody1985
05-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Nice mock up.

Pity there is no room on that side of the stadium!

Spike Mandela
05-03-2010, 08:20 AM
The OP is correct in that the stadium will be a bit 'lop sided' as the new stand will be further from the north and south stands than the west is.

Not a criticism, just a fact.

StevieC
05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I see another thread has descended in Jambo baiting and member bickering - don't you just love Hibs.Net these days!

Donald, how you doin'?

Still as grumpy as ever I see. :greengrin

Longer than the life expentancy of Hearts. :wink:

As has been brought up by a number of posters ..

Filling in corners is an expensive way to increase capacity as the cost per seat is much more than a straightforward stand (ie construction costs/number of seats).

There are issues with air circulation for pitch quality.

Land issues and stand design could prevent at least 2 of the corners from being developed.

What ever way you look at it there would be no requirement for corners to be filled unless demand dictated it .. and I dont see that happening any time soon.

HibeeUnderwood
05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice mock up.

Pity there is no room on that side of the stadium!

If we really wanted it, we could make room :agree:

.Sean.
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
If we really wanted it, we could make room :agree:
I think there is space to build on the west/south corner. It's the south/east and west/north corners that we'd toil to build on.

StevieC
05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I know we do not need more seats but could this be possible in the future.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6756c3b730f2534845fb7d069f170fe&ct=mdrm

It looks great. C'mon rod get your finger out :wink:

Did you notice that they also have a mock up of a finished Tynecastle (search Tynecastle renovated AFC123)?

What is really funny is if you view the model of Tynecastle and then click on the "Street View" tab.

:greengrin

seanraff07
05-03-2010, 02:55 PM
It would be brilliant to get the corners aswell, my only worry is actually filling the stadium as once it's completed in August/September never mind if theirs corners aswell.:bitchy:

KiddA
05-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Did you notice that they also have a mock up of a finished Tynecastle (search Tynecastle renovated AFC123)?

What is really funny is if you view the model of Tynecastle and then click on the "Street View" tab.

:greengrin

Yeah I seen that, maybe not far of the truth :wink:

jws1875
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
All 3 stands right now where designed so corners can be put in

07hibee
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
:faf: These jokers just seem to draw up fantasy stadium pics on a whim. If they were to fill in the corners as shown in that pic the roofs would come down. "Lets rip oot the supports and put some seats in instead!" :bitchy:

Wouldnt that big curved bit be accross the road in that school or nursery building ?

StevieC
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
All 3 stands right now where designed so corners can be put in

Really?
I thought the chamfered sides and land restrictions of the FF and South meant that the NW and SE corners could not be filled in?

:dunno:

down-the-slope
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Really?
I thought the chamfered sides and land restrictions of the FF and South meant that the NW and SE corners could not be filled in?

:dunno:
Cantilevered over road etc - like Celtic park where stand overhangs graveyard.....would need planning that there is no garuntee of

Framie
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
think corners will never happen unless we could sustain success for say 10 years or for an unlikely scotland euro bid it has been mentioned before by hibs alex mcleish at the time i believe said we could add a tier to the top of the west if needed. the design for the east is very similar so i imagine possible on that stand too. But will we ever need it lets just be happy the stadium will be complete. The idea of a perspex roof is a good one too perhaps on the gable ends aswell to enhance any limited sunlight:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
think corners will never happen unless we could sustain success for say 10 years or for an unlikely scotland euro bid it has been mentioned before by hibs alex mcleish at the time i believe said we could add a tier to the top of the west if needed. the design for the east is very similar so i imagine possible on that stand too. But will we ever need it lets just be happy the stadium will be complete. The idea of a perspex roof is a good one too perhaps on the gable ends aswell to enhance any limited sunlight:thumbsup:

It would have been 3 tier East (top being temp and removed later) and filled corners for Euros as 30,000 is minimum....would have gone back to 25/26,000 after tournament

Now 30,000 would be very difficult

Framie
05-03-2010, 09:00 PM
25000 would be way too much 20000 is fine for us the papers were sayin that the last time we broke that figure was the souness game 25000 but they are wrong was infact against hearts jan 89 1-0 to hibs (eddie may) was 27000 (before the hoodoo)that day but new year is the only time we can really draw that many of course in they days the away allocation was 9000 maybe more