PDA

View Full Version : 47 seconds (England v Egypt)

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
That's how long it took for the ITV commentator to mention "1966, the last time England won the World Cup".

Oh God, a whole Summer of this. :blah:

Cabbage East
03-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Pretty restrained for them.

suavegav
03-03-2010, 07:09 PM
That's how long it took for the ITV commentator to mention "1966, the last time England won the World Cup".

Why you no watching the Scotland match.

hibsbollah
03-03-2010, 07:10 PM
John Terry being heartily booed. Andy Townsend says 'Terry has to win the crowds' hearts and minds':confused:

Its not Afghanistan, Andy:faf::bye:

Cabbage East
Why you no watching the Scotland match.

Maybe he's no got sky.

Gus
that's how long it took for the itv commentator to mention "1966, the last time england won the world cup".

Oh god, a whole summer of this. :blah:

let it go ffs

you dont wanna hear it then dont watch the england game

hibsbollah
03-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Egyptian fans making most of the noise:thumbsup:

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
let it go ffs

No, I don't have Sky, the Scotland game won't be on in any of the pubs down here and none of the "other" links aren't working for me. OK?

Part/Time Supporter
03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Egyptian fans making most of the noise:thumbsup:

That usually happens at Wembley, 80,000 boring barstewards. Croatia and Germany both outsung them to an embarrassing extent a couple of years ago.

Dunbar Hibee
03-03-2010, 07:26 PM
that should shut them up:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
No, I don't have Sky, the Scotland game won't be on in any of the pubs down here and none of the "other" links aren't working for me. OK?

Let me get this right an Engish commentator was talking about an English victory on an English TV channel? I've got no problem with that TBH.

Stick The One Show on or something.

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Great goal too. :thumbsup:

Why aren't you watching the Scotland game? (See above)

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Let me get this right an Engish commentator was talking about an English victory on an English TV channel? I've got no problem with that TBH.

Stick The One Show on or something.

Hemorrhoids playing up again? :confused:

hibsbollah
03-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Lovely finish:thumbsup:0-1
Come on the Pharoahs

Gus
03-03-2010, 07:41 PM

Well i don't know where you are, sorry i should of checked my .netgps before:wink:

You should be lucky that ITV show the England games on free to view channel, not so lucky up here we have got Miss Congeniality 2 on STV :grr:

One Day Soon
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
John Terry being heartily booed. Andy Townsend says 'Terry has to win the crowds' hearts and minds':confused:

Its not Afghanistan, Andy:faf::bye:

True, if it was Afghanistan there would be Taliban rockets going off everywhere, no women allowed in the stadium and Terry would be having his knob chopped off publicly.

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Well i don't know where you are, sorry i should of checked my .netgps before:wink:

You should be lucky that ITV show the England games on free to view channel, not so lucky up here we have got Miss Congeniality 2 on STV :grr:

No worries. England could do with Sandra Bullock at right back just now. :greengrin

Gus
03-03-2010, 07:46 PM
No worries. England could do with Sandra Bullock at right back just now. :greengrin

:boo hoo:bad times.........

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 07:53 PM
True, if it was Afghanistan there would be Taliban rockets going off everywhere, no women allowed in the stadium and Terry would be having his knob chopped off publicly.

OOOO, ah'd pay to see that:thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Good side, Egypt:agree:

IWasThere2016
03-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Mon the Egyptians :thumbsup:

Sean1875
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM

ITV England, channel 853 on virgin media if you have it. Dont know about SKY...

The Mook
03-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Did you take less than 47 seconds to comment on the ITV commentators' comment :greengrin

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Sky Sports 1. Great feed, dodgey internet site:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2010, 08:16 PM

993 on Sky.

Hanny

993 on Sky :agree:

NaeTechnoHibby
Mon the Egyptians :thumbsup:

Me too, I knew when I went there 20+ years ago, that. in some sort of other life, I was a person of that ancient place :dizzy:

:greengrin

Sean1875
03-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Sky Sports 1. Great feed, dodgey internet site:thumbsup:
Thought the Scotland game was on sky sports 1? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
Me too, I knew when I went there 20+ years ago, that. in some sort of other life, I was a person of that ancient place :dizzy:

:greengrin

A mummy?

--------
England now 1-1. Crouch.

Gus
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM

awww ffs i have virgin & i didnt know this:boo hoo:

thanks though

Hanny
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
3-1 now, Crouch and Wright-Philips.

Crouch has now scored 20 goals in 37 games at International level :shocked:

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Thought the Scotland game was on sky sports 1? :confused:

It is, that's what I'm watching

essexhibee
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM

You try living down here for the whole summer. Trust me its bad.

_hucks_
03-03-2010, 08:55 PM

I'm lucky enough to be back in sunny Leith for summer, but I don't know I can come back if England win the bloody thing. At least I'm living in the least English bit of England.

essexhibee
03-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I was thrown out of the place where I was watching when england went out of the world cup 2006, rather stupidly going mental when the england lost the shoot-out. Happy days. This year I'm worried though, England have a chance, a real chance. This year they have the one thing that they havent had, a decent manager.

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 09:04 PM

I'm about 20 miles from you, mate (the clue is in my name!) :greengrin

essexhibee
03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm about 20 miles from you, mate (the clue is in my name!) :greengrin

Where abouts? Im amazed how many essex-based green and whites they are! Nice to see as are only relatives down here are big jambos :grr:

Where abouts you reside pal?

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Where abouts? Im amazed how many essex-based green and whites they are! Nice to see as are only relatives down here are big jambos :grr:

You 2 should arrange to meet up and have a moan about how horrible the English are and that. :greengrin

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM

I'm in Richmond Surrey (the 20 miles was a quick guess). So far as I know the only Hibees around here are me and my 18 year old niece (who's only ever been to Easter Road twice!) Oh and a bloke who drinks in a pub in Kingston where they sometimes put the Hibees game on. Everyone else seems to support Chelsea - which is even worse than supporting England. :grr:

essexhibee
03-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm in Richmond Surrey (the 20 miles was a quick guess). So far as I know the only Hibees around here are me and my 18 year old niece (who's only ever been to Easter Road twice!) Oh and a bloke who drinks in a pub in Kingston where they sometimes put the Hibees game on. Everyone else seems to support Chelsea - which is even worse than supporting England. :grr:

I know Richmond, good rugby team :thumbsup: Dont like chelsea fans, well if you can call them that, they all say they followed the team for years, funny how they only seemed to come out when the russian came in.

Suprising as it may seem but in my area at least, Hibs are a fairley well known club. Trying to explain who you support when asked down here is a tricky thing though, takes a lot of explaining! Ive now simpled it down to Green, White, best in edinburgh. Simple really.

Dan Sarf
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I know Richmond, good rugby team :thumbsup: Dont like chelsea fans, well if you can call them that, they all say they followed the team for years, funny how they only seemed to come out when the russian came in.

Suprising as it may seem but in my area at least, Hibs are a fairley well known club. Trying to explain who you support when asked down here is a tricky thing though, takes a lot of explaining! Ive now simpled it down to Green, White, best in edinburgh. Simple really.

Says it all! :thumbsup:

Gus
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM

I'm sure England would function without you guys :wink:

Good job you guys are hibees

:notworthy:

hibsbollah
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I was thrown out of the place where I was watching when england went out of the world cup 2006, rather stupidly going mental when the england lost the shoot-out. Happy days. This year I'm worried though, England have a chance, a real chance. This year they have the one thing that they havent had, a decent manager.

Disagree. Brazil, Italy, Germany, Holland are all stronger, not to mention Spain, who seem to have about three world class players per position. Quarters at best.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
03-03-2010, 09:59 PM
let it go ffs

What choice do you have ? not watch football (unless u have sky) or watch the UNBAISED Bbc (which we all pay for !). Maybe we should all buy England tops and accept it ? Maybe the (unbaised) Bbc should cover all four nations ?

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2010, 07:21 AM
What choice do you have ? not watch football (unless u have sky) or watch the UNBAISED Bbc (which we all pay for !). Maybe we should all buy England tops and accept it ? Maybe the (unbaised) Bbc should cover all four nations ?

England game was on ITV England.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-03-2010, 07:36 AM
let it go ffs

England game was on ITV England.

Oooops sorry was a bit worse for wear last night !

Posh Swanny
04-03-2010, 09:03 AM

It'll be a similar length of time into the Ross County match when a commentator mentions 1902.

It'll be a similar length of time into the tennis at Queens when a commentator mentions Fred Perry.

Commentators are lazy.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2010, 09:36 AM

:faf::faf: A bigger surprise that it took so long for someone to post it in here. Oh God a whole summer of moanin jocks :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
:faf::faf: A bigger surprise that it took so long for someone to post it in here. Oh God a whole summer of moanin jocks :greengrin

More like a whole summer of happy jocks when this disunited English rabble get papped out by the first decent team they come up against.

:wink: