PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Flynn loaned to Alloa

Deek01
03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
can't see this mentioned anywhere else, looks like he's got himself a short term loan deal at Alloa Athletic. http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=310&mid=2

Part/Time Supporter
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Unused sub on Saturday.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=611386

Nice of Hibs to tell everyone at our end

:wink:

DC_Hibs
03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Strange move, only needs the 4 keepers ahead of him to get injured/suspended and he could be looking at a scottish cup winner medal come May........................... 2045

Perhaps a bit optimistic

Liam89
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I read that on his facebook last week... :devil: i also posted it :)

PeterboroHibee
04-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I like that we are loaning out our youngsters, getting games in the lower leagues can really help players develop, but would rather it was proper it was for a decent period of time where they can get a decent run of games and establish themselves in whichever team they do, instead of these stupid 1 month/emergency loans.

Kurtis Byrnes another point, since he moved to Stirling they have only had 1 game due to postponements, really fail to see how that benefits us.

J-C
04-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I like that we are loaning out our youngsters, getting games in the lower leagues can really help players develop, but would rather it was proper it was for a decent period of time where they can get a decent run of games and establish themselves in whichever team they do, instead of these stupid 1 month/emergency loans.

Kurtis Byrnes another point, since he moved to Stirling they have only had 1 game due to postponements, really fail to see how that benefits us.

That's what happens when you abolish the reserve league, a whole host of youngsters needing games and nowhere for them to play unless loaned out to inferior teams with inferior facilities.

jdships
04-03-2010, 10:07 AM
That's what happens when you abolish the reserve league, a whole host of youngsters needing games and nowhere for them to play unless loaned out to inferior teams with inferior facilities.

Spot on IMO.
Cannot see how scrapping the reserve league can benefit Scottish football.
I was always guaranteed a game in my days even if it was with the "stiffs" and there was therefore the chance to learn/gain experience
At that time Hib's also had a 3rd XI/B team in the East of Scotland League .
You can be given all the coaching in the world but there is no substitute for learning by playing .
Also nothing worse than just training, training - a boy becomes a pro footballer to PLAY FOOTBALL not sit in the stand and applaud others

:thumbsup:

PeterboroHibee
04-03-2010, 10:19 AM

I agree, it was a terrible decision. But loaning young guys out to lower divisions was common place before the reserve leagues were punted, my point was more that if we are loaning them out, whats the point for a month or so, where they might not have a chance to really get a chance. If its till the end of the season or whatever, and the boys do well, it benefits us and the team that weve loaned them too, gives them a bit of a run in a team.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
04-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree, it was a terrible decision. But loaning young guys out to lower divisions was common place before the reserve leagues were punted, my point was more that if we are loaning them out, whats the point for a month or so, where they might not have a chance to really get a chance. If its till the end of the season or whatever, and the boys do well, it benefits us and the team that weve loaned them too, gives them a bit of a run in a team.

Agree, Ewan Moyes and Callum Booth with improve and learn more with Arbroath (as they are there to the end of the season) than Byrne, Flynn, Currie or Welsh will have in their month long loan deals.

I agree that getting rid of the reserve league was an incredibly poor decision but there is no substitute for playing competitive football.
Remember these young boys will still be training Full-time with Hibs as the clubs they have joined are all Part-time!