PDA

View Full Version : Best way to re-house an east stand seat?

Jamesie
03-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I've bought two seats from the east and I'd like to turn them into two stools for watching the games.

Anyone thought about the best "base" to use for doing this and attaching the seats to yet?

NaeTechnoHibby
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I've bought two seats from the east and I'd like to turn them into two stools for watching the games.

Anyone thought about the best "base" to use for doing this and attaching the seats to yet?

What about using recycled railway sleepers?
I think you can get them from garden centers.

Kojock
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Just nail them to the floor and stand on them it will be just like being back in the old east.

NaeTechnoHibby
03-03-2010, 05:50 PM
You could also go to a timber merchants and see if they can supply you with two cubes to your desired spec. :agree:

steviecarnie
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
a mate and myself got 3 and are planning on building a mini terracing on his balcony, I was thinking of using a fence pole, cutting it in to 3 pieces and then nailing that to a flat bit wood, we're gonna lay under the artificial grass we have also.

Hibby D
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Not enough people on this board with any imagination (although I do like the idea of the railway sleeper).

Having been brought up on a diet of Valerie Singleton :greengrin can I suggest you buy a couple of stools and simply secure the seats to the top of them? That's what I'd do :agree:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/images/product/reg-128020.jpg

NaeTechnoHibby
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Cubes:

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Wrap one or preferably both round the head of the nearest hun you can find. You will have to slam them onto said hun, or they will fall off. If it does not work first time, keep doing it until it does, or your seat breaks.

NaeTechnoHibby
03-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Or how about a bench to fit both seats?

NaeTechnoHibby
03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
A more modern version of Missy D's, maybe these could be adapted to take said seats :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-03-2010, 11:01 PM
a mate and myself got 3 and are planning on building a mini terracing on his balcony, I was thinking of using a fence pole, cutting it in to 3 pieces and then nailing that to a flat bit wood, we're gonna lay under the artificial grass we have also.

Evening Soft Lad :greengrin

Im thinkin a wooden bench/wooden block with the three attached along the top. Was thinkin about it tonite, should be easy enough.

Lucius Apuleius
04-03-2010, 06:12 AM
I would be more tempted to go with the protable style and just put them on the sofa when I was watching a game. I appreciate there may be Health and Safety issues raised by standing on them, however this would be mitigated by having a soft landing. It would also mean you could have away days and take them to a mate's house. This is obviously assuming that any peg selling, caravan dwelling, sister *******, charity money stealing hobo actually has any mates.

Ritchie
04-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Evening Soft Lad :greengrin

Im thinkin a wooden bench/wooden block with the three attached along the top. Was thinkin about it tonite, should be easy enough.

Are you two being serious?? You'll never be able to pull off any operation like that........ Pretty boys..... Do you even own any tools??? :wink:

I'm going to donate a seat to your cause mind.

An Leargaidh
04-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I've decided to bolt mine to the floor in front of my PC and then when I'm watching match highlights on Hibs TV I can stand on the seat and start singing :thumbsup:

MSK
04-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I re-moulded mines but it didnt come out the way i wanted ...ah well good for pee & a plop !!! ....5518 ....:greengrin

The Doe
04-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi All - Plleeeeease help :dizzy:

Becuase of work i didnt get a ST this year but still make it to ER as much as possible. However i sat in the same seat for the previous 4 years.

Does anyone know of any way i can get my hands on this seat??

Man, if id have known, i would have paid the season tickets price just for that seat alone:confused:

Heeeelp

Jamesie
04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Try phoning the ticket office. I called on Monday and they said they had stopped selling them. E-mailed Judith Ireland and was told they had six left. Called the ticket office again and managed to reserve one - there may be some of that six still left to be purchased!