PDA

View Full Version : "the pointer" signs for Darlington

Mark79
02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
See Ross Chisholm has signed for Darlington till end of season. Now there is a player I don't miss at Easter road.

(((Fergus)))
02-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Patrick Deane already there

Cabbage East
02-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Good luck to him.

seanraff07
02-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I thought he had signed for Shamrock Rovers last summer?
If he did he obviously didn't have a very nice time, good luck to him though.:greengrin

allmodcons
02-03-2010, 11:12 PM
See Ross Chisholm has signed for Darlington till end of season. Now there is a player I don't miss at Easter road.

I think we're missing him, our midfield is shocking just now is it not?

Ed De Gramo
02-03-2010, 11:23 PM

I remember him putting in a pretty decent shift against the yams and huns...

Good luck to him! :thumbsup:

hibs is life
02-03-2010, 11:29 PM
I remember him putting in a pretty decent shift against the yams and huns...

Good luck to him! :thumbsup:

think he is a good player and would have give us the fight wee need in the middle of the park just now where is players in the team that are not doing it right now

Calvin
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I didn't think he was that bad. Probably not quite good enough for us but far from terrible. Think he will do well with them.

Winston Ingram
02-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Thought he worked hard enough and had a bit of dig about him but that was it. Hope he does well:agree:

Judas Iscariot
02-03-2010, 11:32 PM
think he is a good player and would have give us the fight wee need in the middle of the park just now where is players in the team that are not doing it right now

:faf:

Bayern Bru
02-03-2010, 11:45 PM
He would add a bit of much needed height to our dwarfy midfield...

--------
03-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, we haven't taken too many points over the last few games.

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, we haven't taken too many points over the last few games.

I think this is one point we can do without.:wink:

Hibby 2005
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I'd like to point out he's no worse than Rankin, Cregg or Stevenson which says a lot about the paucity of our midfield.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd like to point out he's no worse than Rankin, Cregg or Stevenson which says a lot about the paucity of our midfield.

I'd agree Stevenson on Saturday was almost as bad as Chisholm, almost but not quite.

Shaggy
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Alot of folk down south would have been saying negative stuff like this about Stokes, Miller, Murray etc .....but they have worked out here.

Chiz never looked like working out here, but good luck to him in future.

GlesgaeHibby
03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I think this is one point we can do without.:wink:

What is the point in a comment like that?:devil:

Franck is God
03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I always rated Chisolm and was disappointed he was let go.

He is the player that could have stepped in for McBride when he was injured as that was his game, short passing, dictating the pace of play and allowing the likes of Miller to do something more creative.

People on this board were far too quick to be critical of Ross in my opinion and I think he'll actually go on to surprise a few people.

3pm
03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I always rated Chisolm and was disappointed he was let go.

He is the player that could have stepped in for McBride when he was injured as that was his game, short passing, dictating the pace of play and allowing the likes of Miller to do something more creative.

People on this board were far too quick to be critical of Ross in my opinion and I think he'll actually go on to surprise a few people.

....by continuing to pick up a wage?! :greengrin

--------
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Paucity: smallness of number or quantity.

(Oxford Concise English Dictionary, p.1002, column 2)

This is a word which ignorant people in the media picked up thinking it made them sound clever. Its misuse is one of those straws which are rapidly approaching the point of breaking this particular grumpy old camel's back.

I think you mean the "poor quality" of our midfield.

Now you know. :grr:

lyonhibs
03-03-2010, 01:19 PM

A bad batch of crack was it??

He ran about a lot, trying to tell senior players what to do as opposed to just doing it himself, he could scarely pass water, let alone a football, and if Rankin gets abuse for doing nowt more than running about a lot, then Chisholm should get that abuse tenfold.

An honest trier, and I wish him the best of luck at Darlington, but - IMO - to say Ross Chisholm would IMPROVE out current midfield is top notch slavering

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2010, 01:39 PM

If ever we need a new man for the job, Chisholms the man.

hibsbollah
03-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Paucity: smallness of number or quantity.

(Oxford Concise English Dictionary, p.1002, column 2)

This is a word which ignorant people in the media picked up thinking it made them sound clever. Its misuse is one of those straws which are rapidly approaching the point of breaking this particular grumpy old camel's back.

I think you mean the "poor quality" of our midfield.

Now you know. :grr:

To be fair, all he needed was to add the word 'options' to the end of the sentence and it would have been fine. I think you're just being grumpy:greengrin

It was the bit about Chisholm being no worse than Stevenson that I objected to:grr:

Speedway
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
The manager was told that points were guaranteed if he signed Chisholm.

Doh!

--------
03-03-2010, 08:07 PM
To be fair, all he needed was to add the word 'options' to the end of the sentence and it would have been fine. I think you're just being grumpy:greengrin

It was the bit about Chisholm being no worse than Stevenson that I objected to:grr:

Sorree. There are many words that frequently misused in the media these days - 'paucity' and 'refute' are two that really grate.

But you're right. I'm sorry. Should be more gracious.

But TBF, I AM an intellectual fascist.

West Upper
03-03-2010, 09:19 PM

:confused: Is this a different Ross Chisholm

hibs is life
03-03-2010, 10:26 PM
:faf:

ur point is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibs is life http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2375010#post2375010)

A bad batch of crack was it??

He ran about a lot, trying to tell senior players what to do as opposed to just doing it himself, he could scarely pass water, let alone a football, and if Rankin gets abuse for doing nowt more than running about a lot, then Chisholm should get that abuse tenfold.

An honest trier, and I wish him the best of luck at Darlington, but - IMO - to say Ross Chisholm would IMPROVE out current midfield is top notch slavering

well we have struggled in the middle of park when mcbride is not there who eals would u think would do his job its my thoughts and a can say what a like and as for the crack part would like if u dont say stuff like that 2 me again

Judas Iscariot
03-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Cracktastic :smokin

Ross Chisolm is one of the worst players I have seen in a Hibs shirt..

FACT!!

Kids, don't be like "Hibs is life" stay away from the pipe :agree:

CropleyWasGod
03-03-2010, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=Number_10;2375941

Ross Chisolm is one of the worst players I have seen in a Hibs shirt..

:[/QUOTE]

Opinions and ars*holes again :greengrin

Wouldn't even get a game for the reserves, IMO