PDA

View Full Version : Scotland team confirmed

Diclonius
02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Gordon

Hutton Caldwell Webster Wallace

Robson Brown D Fletcher Thomson McFadden

Miller

Good team imo aside from Misser upfront, who will as always miss pathetically easy chances by thinking too much. Let's hope Levein has him found out tomorrow.

fiolex1
02-03-2010, 05:51 PM
We're at home and should play 4-4-2, I'm not a fan of the 4-5-1 system unless away from home

jodjam
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
not the tallest 2 central defenders.

Wotherspiniesta
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Kenny Miller up front on his own.

I thought friendlies would be a time for trying something different. :rolleyes:

Graham Dorrans should be starting IMO.

Johnny_Leith
02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
What has Kevin Thomson done to merit his spot in the team? Oh thats right, he plays for Rangers :rolleyes:

No Graham Dorrans? He's been excellent for WBA this season and deserves a chance. It's a shame Fletch is injured as I think he should be given more of a role in the team.

GlesgaeHibby
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
What has Kevin Thomson done to merit his spot in the team? Oh thats right, he plays for Rangers :rolleyes:

No Graham Dorrans? He's been excellent for WBA this season and deserves a chance. It's a shame Fletch is injured as I think he should be given more of a role in the team.

I reckon Levein would have started him ahead of Miller had he not picked up the injury.

Sean1875
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Why the hell are we playing Miller upfront on his own AGAIN? IT DOESNT WORK :grr:

Franck is God
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I think it's not a bad side, it might be 4-5-1 but there are a lot of naturally attacking players in the midfield.

Pleased for KT, he deserved a place in the squad/team when he was still at Hibs and only injuries have delayed his first start.

Also would have picked Whittaker over Hutton simply because it's a friendly and he needs some game time.

Gutted for Fletch, I'm sure Levein would have had him leading the line if he hadn't picked up the injury.

From a Hibs point of view that's three players in the starting line up from our youth set up and Caldwell made his name at ER too as a young player. With Fletch and Whittaker hopefully playing a significant role in the future we'll have produced half the Scotland team!

majorhibs
02-03-2010, 06:25 PM
We're at home and should play 4-4-2, I'm not a fan of the 4-5-1 system unless away from home

If your playing this sort o system then there really needs to be a bigger possibility of goals from your midfield, apart from Mcfadden who´s got a goal in them from open play in Scotlands line up?

hibee62
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh well, I assume Boyd will be announcing his retirement from international football again in the next few hours then...

Wembley67
02-03-2010, 06:32 PM

There on merit in my eyes :agree:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't see where the width is coming from. Faddy, good player, but not pacy, and Robson :confused: Has he looked good at Boro?

Hainan Hibs
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Absolutely raging Kenny 10 sitters Miller is in again.

How many ****ing easy chances at International level does that **** have to miss before getting dropped?

How many goals did he score in the last qualifying campaign?

And 4-5-1 at home in a friendly?

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

jdships
02-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Kenny Miller up front on his own.

I thought friendlies would be a time for trying something different. :rolleyes:

Graham Dorrans should be starting IMO.

Agree totally with your post :top marks
Also there a few in that team who have been "tried and found guilty " at this level on more than one occasion in the past !!
Caldwell , Miller , for starters

Surely Dorrans " the best midfielder in the Championship" deserved a chance .

Was not one who was enthusiastic about "Harry P" getting the Scotland job .
Hope they do well all the same .:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Get yer big dosh on the czech's :agree:

bingo70
02-03-2010, 06:52 PM
If your playing this sort o system then there really needs to be a bigger possibility of goals from your midfield, apart from Mcfadden who´s got a goal in them from open play in Scotlands line up?

Barry Robson had a terrific scoring record under Levein so pressumably Levein sees him as being a goal threat.

I also think Brown could be a threat going forward under the right manager with the right players around him.

I was never keen on Levein getting the job but TBH i don't think thats that bad a team, 4-5-1 is probably how we'll have to play against the better teams so it makes sense to get used to this formation under the new manager.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh well, I assume Boyd will be announcing his retirement from international football again in the next few hours then...

If Potter wants to go 451 at home then I don't see much international future for Boyd.

bingo70
02-03-2010, 06:59 PM
If Potter wants to go 451 at home then I don't see much international future for Boyd.

Playing against better teams 4-5-1 is a decent formation, regardless if we're at home or not.

I'm sure in the games against the lesser teams he'll be used and he's a good player to have coming off the bench if we need a goal in the bigger games.

Beefster
02-03-2010, 07:01 PM

As odious as Katie is, he's there on merit. By all accounts, he's been playing well and probably better than Brown this season.

You're right about Dorrans though. We can't afford to be not giving a chance to £6m-rated players.

davym7062
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM

best player on the park by a mile last week.

majorhibs
02-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Playing against better teams 4-5-1 is a decent formation, regardless if we're at home or not.

I'm sure in the games against the lesser teams he'll be used and he's a good player to have coming off the bench if we need a goal in the bigger games.

Czechs are one of those teams, Croatia comong to mind, who are a bit up & down, solid & scorin team for a few years then 3 or 4 big players retire & then you need to get at them, scandinavian nations can be the same, Denmark, Sweden, Norway come good for a few years then they are not so strong, this is a friendly so gie the new manager the benefit of the doubt but it would appear they are not quite as strong as recently, personally I would like to have a bit of a go at them, but new manager & all I will certainly give our manager all the backing he deserves. However, if it isnae 2 out of 2 against the Czechs after having had a look at them at home & playing a defensive setup....:devil: He´s back to bein potter. :greengrin

woody47
02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Gordon

Miller

Good team imo aside from Misser upfront, who will as always miss pathetically easy chances by thinking too much. Let's hope Levein has him found out tomorrow.

FFS- lone ferking wolf miller. I really do not see what he brings to this team. Just a headless chicken. Pity Fletch did his hand in as I wolud like to see him start. Now a proven EPL scorer so should start any Scotland game now.
Apart from that I can' t see us having much better out there.

hibsbollah
02-03-2010, 07:30 PM
You're right about Dorrans though. We can't afford to be not giving a chance to £6m-rated players.

I thought Dorrans and Snodgrass might have been included, both doing big things for WBA and Leeds.

JimBHibees
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Looks a good and solid team to me, midfield looks very strong and glad Thomson is in as he is exactly what the team needs. Strange one for me is Webster, would have thought Berra would have been in.

down-the-slope
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Strong midfield three with loads of years before them....could work really well.

Fletch has been playing in 4-5-1 for a lot of the season so will get his chance there when fit..

As posted...where does this leave boyd:confused:

Robson good option for set plays

Pedantic_Hibee
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Put a Scotland strip on me and I'll make an erse of myself for 90 minutes running around like a headless chicken and fluffing a few one-on-ones.

Kenny f****ng Miller......f*** me :grr:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
best player on the park by a mile last week.

Don't agree I'm afraid, I had my eye on him througout the game on Sunday and never really did much, was playing his "Fergie" role and playing quite deep, anyway he's a fanny

:agree:

:greengrin

Austinho
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Kenny Miller has been excellent for Rangers this season, and is in possibly the best form of his career.

Why drop him now? Should be a clean slate for every player after the shambles of George Burley's time in charge.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Kenny Miller has been excellent for Rangers this season, and is in possibly the best form of his career.

Why drop him now? Should be a clean slate for every player after the shambles of George Burley's time in charge.

I once saw him absolutely scare the living sh*t out of a great Italian defence at Hampden a few years back where he scored with a fantastic glancing header.

Sadly, I can't remember any other performances in the dark blue of Scotland that even compare to that game. He's a workhorse who looks good in the SPL and that's about it. He's maybe better than most of the choices we've got but how many chances does he need (literally) before he's emptied and another player gets his chance?

essexhibee
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
KENNY MILLER :grr::grr:

Slightly annoys me when the "but he runs for the jersey" line is used. He has missed sitters for scotland (Holland at Hampden anyone) and is absolute garbage. I can run for scotland, i would run and run and run, but does that make me useful to the team.

Why has craig levein got the job? He has won nothing in his career.

Wee Dave
02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I once saw him absolutely scare the living sh*t out of a great Italian defence at Hampden a few years back where he scored with a fantastic glancing header.

Sadly, I can't remember any other performances in the dark blue of Scotland that even compare to that game. He's a workhorse who looks good in the SPL and that's about it. He's maybe better than most of the choices we've got but how many chances does he need (literally) before he's emptied and another player gets his chance?

Agreed, thought he was excellent in that game, and played really well when coming off the bench in the other Italy game at Hampden in November 07. But apart from that, sod all!

scott_hfc1875
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
just me that think levein is using this game to gauge how the czech handle the formation for the qualifiers

majorhibs
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM
just me that think levein is using this game to gauge how the czech handle the formation for the qualifiers

I really hope our manager is giving it strategy here, but it is a friendly & theyre missin a few, however I would have thought if we wanted to try a different type formation after our pre Burley managers 351 hard to beat formats maybe at our place we couldve seen how they handled a bit of attacking play, but it doesnt look like thats happenin. Still manager oh Scotland, imo we are about to see some no bad times wi the national side. :saltireflag

California-Hibs
02-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Thats a really good team there! Espeically the midfield :agree:

monktonharp
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
nae quashie o' the mcquashie clan? he's bound to have found a grandparent by now:yawn:

Sylar
02-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Gordon

Miller

Is Berra injured? Absolutely no way Webster OR Caldwell should be in there ahead of him.

Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd have been a potent partnership for Rangers this season (goal difference of +45 - a full 23 goals ahead of Celtc). I'd have liked to have seen Levein start both, as they play off one another very well.

McFadden still has to pass a fitness test and will be replaced by Dorrans if he fails. Wallace is also still a fitness doubt and will be replaced by Dixon if he fails.

4-5-1 at home is perhaps not bad against group opponents - I'm sure Levein will want to give nothing away to them.

SidBurns
03-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Is Berra injured? Absolutely no way Webster OR Caldwell should be in there ahead of him.

Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd have been a potent partnership for Rangers this season (goal difference of +45 - a full 23 goals ahead of Celtc). I'd have liked to have seen Levein start both, as they play off one another very well.

McFadden still has to pass a fitness test and will be replaced by Dorrans if he fails. Wallace is also still a fitness doubt and will be replaced by Dixon if he fails.

4-5-1 at home is perhaps not bad against group opponents - I'm sure Levein will want to give nothing away to them.

Dorrans is in, Faddy out due to injury :agree:

Hibstrooper
03-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Slightly unrelated but does anyone know why Wotherspoon didn't get a game for U-21's last night? He wasn't even on the bench.

Would have thought he would be one of the first names down on the team sheet, much bigger prospect than pretty much all the players who did play last night (with the exception of MacDonald).

Rossco442
03-03-2010, 09:00 AM

Agree with your points except the first one - Webster has been outstanding this season and it's about time it was recognised at international level. He's the country's best CH IMO. As for his partner Caldwell has the experience but is prone to a few calamities but Berra is looking a good prospect too.

Good to see at least half the team have come from Edinburgh/non-OF clubs.

JimBHibees
03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Slightly unrelated but does anyone know why Wotherspoon didn't get a game for U-21's last night? He wasn't even on the bench.

Would have thought he would be one of the first names down on the team sheet, much bigger prospect than pretty much all the players who did play last night (with the exception of MacDonald).

Thought exactly the same thing, personally thought Caddis was very poor, Wotherspoon would have put some decent crosses in. Didnt work out why Wilson and Fleck of Rangers werent playing either. Thought Scotland looked poor and IMO have missed a massive opportunity in the group given their last 2 games will be very difficult.

Aldo
03-03-2010, 09:19 AM
First and foremost a team that is hard to beat. We might not like some of the players that he has picked but I think Levein is an excellent manager.

As for Miller and Thompson...Miller will run run run and run and with Thompson playing the holding role then it will allow the likes of McFadden Robson and Fletcher to get into the final 3rd.

Webster deserves his place as does Caldwell (it pains me to say it). he has been playing well for Wigan.

Dorrans and Snodgrass will have their time (both playing v well for their respective clubs).

Lets get behind the team and not at them.

Hainan Hibs
03-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Miller will run run run and run.

Why don't we just stick a 100 metre runner up front then?

Might have an investigation into whether Usain Bolt has a Scottish grandparent, he'd do more than a good job at running for us.

(I fully accept with all my moaning about Miller he is guaranteed to score tonight:greengrin)

H18sry
03-03-2010, 09:41 AM
First and foremost a team that is hard to beat. We might not like some of the players that he has picked but I think Levein is an excellent manager.

As for Miller and Thompson...Miller will run run run and run and with Thompson playing the holding role then it will allow the likes of McFadden Robson and Fletcher to get into the final 3rd.

Webster deserves his place as does Caldwell (it pains me to say it). he has been playing well for Wigan.

Dorrans and Snodgrass will have their time (both playing v well for their respective clubs).

Lets get behind the team and not at them.

Faddy out Dorrans in :wink:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_4171150,00.html 3.00 mins in

JimBHibees
03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Miller isnt a great finisher though he has scored a few beauty's this season including against us however he does a very good job of playing up front and cant really think of another player who could do a better job.

Bad Martini
03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Team is:

Gordon

Hutton, Caldwell, Webster, Wallace

Robson, Brown, D Fletcher, Thomson

Dorrans, Miller.

Would've preferred Faddy in there but he's no fit. Would've preferred Ian Murray in there but he didny get a sniff. Woud've preferred that fat ugly hun on in front of Dorrans given his 22 for the huns 7 for the Scots in 12 or 13 games.

But, I'll settle for a win. Un-nerve them, get them in the real game, then slap them.

WE'LL BE COMING

:saltireflag

...let the "I dinny care aboot Scotland/I only care aboot Hibs/Scotland are sheite/etc etc/why do we bother with a national team" posts and threads commence now :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag

rubber mal
03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Absolutely raging Kenny 10 sitters Miller is in again.

How many ****ing easy chances at International level does that **** have to miss before getting dropped?

How many goals did he score in the last qualifying campaign?

And 4-5-1 at home in a friendly?

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

0:wink:

Andy74
03-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Team is:

Gordon

Hutton, Caldwell, Webster, Wallace

Robson, Brown, D Fletcher, Thomson

Dorrans, Miller.

Would've preferred Faddy in there but he's no fit. Would've preferred Ian Murray in there but he didny get a sniff. Woud've preferred that fat ugly hun on in front of Dorrans given his 22 for the huns 7 for the Scots in 12 or 13 games.

But, I'll settle for a win. Un-nerve them, get them in the real game, then slap them.

WE'LL BE COMING

:saltireflag

...let the "I dinny care aboot Scotland/I only care aboot Hibs/Scotland are sheite/etc etc/why do we bother with a national team" posts and threads commence now :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag

Dorrans will be wide left, not up front - so I presume you didn't mean you would have preferred Boyd there?

JimBHibees
03-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Dorrans will be wide left, not up front - so I presume you didn't mean you would have preferred Boyd there?

Maybe switch Robson to wide left? though pretty sure Dorrans played there when at Livi.

Hainan Hibs
03-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Agreed:greengrin

WE'LL BE COMING

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag