PDA

View Full Version : Ljungberg + Dyer = £34m

Winston Ingram
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
http://football365.co.uk/story/0,17033,8652_5997962,00.html

The pair of them have totalled 32 games for West Ham.

They've also invalidated the insurance on Dean Ashton leaving them liable for another £5.8m for the remainder of his contract.

Thank god for Rod:flag:

Mibbes Aye
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
http://football365.co.uk/story/0,17033,8652_5997962,00.html (http://football365.co.uk/story/0,17033,8652_5997962,00.html)

The pair of them have totalled 32 games for West Ham.

They've also invalidated the insurance on Dean Ashton leaving them liable for another £5.8m for the remainder of his contract.

Thank god for Rod:flag:

Imagine having a couple of players in your squad, paying them an absolute fortune that you can't afford and getting practically no return out of them.

You would have to be a really pish football club to find yourself in that position. I suppose at least West Ham have learned their lesson.

What would be really stupid would be to do it, see what an act of gross stupidity it was, and then do it again and again with more players :agree:.

Can't imagine any club could be run in such an abject fashion though. I mean, if nothing else, their fans wouldn't stand for it, not if they had any love for their team :bitchy:

.Sean.
02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Imagine having a couple of players in your squad, paying them an absolute fortune that you can't afford and getting practically no return out of them.

You would have to be a really pish football club to find yourself in that position. I suppose at least West Ham have learned their lesson.

What would be really stupid would be to do it, see what an act of gross stupidity it was, and then do it again and again with more players :agree:.

Can't imagine any club could be run in such an abject fashion though. I mean, if nothing else, their fans wouldn't stand for it, not if they had any love for their team :bitchy:
Tell that to the mob across the city :faf:

I have absolutely no sympathy for West Ham. Apparantly, Ljunberg is on almost DOUBLE what he was getting at Arsenal. Outrageous.

KeithTheHibby
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Quite frightening that a below average EPL team can pull in a turnover of 80 million....

Winston Ingram
02-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Quite frightening that a below average EPL team can pull in a turnover of 80 million....

I'm not a fan but they may be below average in quality but they are a big club with a very large fan base

Winston Ingram
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Tell that to the mob across the city :faf:

I have absolutely no sympathy for West Ham. Apparantly, Ljunberg is on almost DOUBLE what he was getting at Arsenal. Outrageous.

I think that is what he is getting at:wink:

RyeSloan
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
£34 on two players....jeeez that's not a kick of the ba' away from their total debt. Are they really saying if they hadn't signed Dyer an Ljundberg they would have debt of only around £10m?!?

Also why give a striker a nice long new contract that your insurance would not cover and leave yourself open to a £5m loss. That is crazy.

Winston Ingram
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
...and they still owe Sheff U most of the £25m for cheating them out of their place in the Premiership

Pedantic_Hibee
02-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I know a club who do that and also refuse to play those highly-paid players because they won't sell their soul to stay with the sinking ship for another few years. Why on earth would you want to stay?

That's like Josef Fritzl's daughter agreeing to doubling her stay in the cellar for an extra carton of orange juice per week.

Haymaker
02-03-2010, 11:37 PM
£34 on two players....jeeez that's not a kick of the ba' away from their total debt. Are they really saying if they hadn't signed Dyer an Ljundberg they would have debt of only around £10m?!?

Also why give a striker a nice long new contract that your insurance would not cover and leave yourself open to a £5m loss. That is crazy.

WHU have debts of nearer £100m. The previous regime was incredibly naive and stupid with the clubs money, IIRC Arsenal admitted they were prepared to accept ALOT less for Ljundberg and WHU paid over double and damn near trebled his wages!

I follow WHU in england and it is shocking some of the money that was spent, even right up untill S&G bought the club the previous regime, knowing the financial problems were edging the club into oblivion, still spent untold amounts of money on things that were not needed.

Why WHU ever signed Dyer is one of lifes mysteries... He wasnt very good and he was always injured... shocking.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-03-2010, 06:48 AM
They've got 110 company paid mobile phones for employees as well. That must cost a pretty penny.

Sammy7nil
03-03-2010, 11:35 AM
They've got 110 company paid mobile phones for employees as well. That must cost a pretty penny.

Probably under £30K a year discounted contracts at about £30 month per phone and when we are talking about £45 million it is a drop in a very large Ocean
:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2010, 11:54 AM
As long as The Hammers can avoid relegation over the next few seasons they won't have anything to worry about, on the other hand if they were to go down, well.... :boo hoo:

Haymaker
03-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Plus quite a few Bentleys for company cars! IIRC at £100k a pop per year!

heretoday
03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Freddie L was never anything more than a squad player. West Ham were absolutely mad to take him on.

Hakim Sar
03-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Imagine paying ljungberg 6 mil to tear up contract 1 year into the deal!!!!! It's beyond foolish. Keiron dyer would be a drain on anyones resources - he's the English Daniel prodan.

Just reiterates what a secure board we have! Imagine how relegation would ruin clubs in NFL NBA etc if it existed.

ScottB
03-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Why you'd offer Dyer anything other than a pay as you play deal, or certainly no more than a year contract is beyond me.

But yeah, from the sounds of it the previous regime were just spending money for the hell of it.

What price that West Ham will go into administration once they are guaranteed to finish 9 points clear of the relegation zone I wonder...

Winston Ingram
03-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Why you'd offer Dyer anything other than a pay as you play deal, or certainly no more than a year contract is beyond me.

But yeah, from the sounds of it the previous regime were just spending money for the hell of it.

What price that West Ham will go into administration once they are guaranteed to finish 9 points clear of the relegation zone I wonder...

I think they paid a fee for him as well:greengrin

Haymaker
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I think they paid a fee for him as well:greengrin

£6million :bitchy:

Winston Ingram
04-03-2010, 07:56 AM
£6million :bitchy:

Get's better. It's probably the only success Mike Ashley has had there:greengrin