PDA

View Full Version : East Stand - effect on Season Ticket Sales.

Golden Bear
02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
With the building of the East Stand and the resulting increase in the ground capacity there will be plenty of good viewing areas throughout the stadium.

In my opinion this could result in a decrease in future season ticket sales as more and more people may choose to pay "walk up" prices.

There could, however, be an initial honeymoon period where attendances show an increase but this is more likely to be from game to game sales rather than season ticket sales.

Team performances and TV coverage are other areas which can influence attendances but overall I think that there could be decrease in future season ticket sales because of the new east Stand.

I hope I'm wrong and time will tell.

Antifa Hibs
02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
League position and price will have the biggest bearing IMO.

The board need to be careful about the pricing next season, after the dreadful ****** last season prices were reduced to 2007 prices for season tickets, if the board stick them up 2010 prices that could be a £30-50 hike, which in turn will put alot of people off.

Finish 3rd, have a tiny increase (or even decrease to entice a few more sales?) aswell as the honeymoon period with the new stand I think we could be looking at 12-13000+

jgl07
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
With the building of the East Stand and the resulting increase in the ground capacity there will be plenty of good viewing areas throughout the stadium.

In my opinion this could result in a decrease in future season ticket sales as more and more people may choose to pay "walk up" prices.

There could, however, be an initial honeymoon period where attendances show an increase but this is more likely to be from game to game sales rather than season ticket sales.

Team performances and TV coverage are other areas which can influence attendances but overall I think that there could be decrease in future season ticket sales because of the new east Stand.

I hope I'm wrong and time will tell.
Previous experience suggests that a new stand opening will boost season ticket sales. It certainly did when the North Stand and the West Stand opened.

18Craig75
02-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Am I right in saying that all prices have to be the same for a similar seat. I.E North Lower and South Lower have to be the same price?

If this is the case then could the club not lower prices for the East & West (season tickets & walk ups) hopefully encouraging more fans back. They could offer big family discounts (season tickets) for the North meaning the South (away fans) could still be charged the same price.

I'm not sure if this is feasible, or if indeed the club would even consider lowering any prices. I just feel someone needs to buck the trend of high SPL prices, why not us? if high/increased prices continue then I don't think there will be much improvement on attendances, a lot of people simply can't afford it these days.

Keith_M
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Am I right in saying that all prices have to be the same for a similar seat. I.E North Lower and South Lower have to be the same price?

If this is the case then could the club not lower prices for the East & West (season tickets & walk ups) hopefully encouraging more fans back. They could offer big family discounts (season tickets) for the North meaning the South (away fans) could still be charged the same price.

I'm not sure if this is feasible, or if indeed the club would even consider lowering any prices. I just feel someone needs to buck the trend of high SPL prices, why not us? if high/increased prices continue then I don't think there will be much improvement on attendances, a lot of people simply can't afford it these days.

I seem to remember something along those lines but it related to what clubs charged for visiting fans. Quite rightly, IMHO, clubs should charge visiting fans the same as home fans in any comparable quality of seating.

For instance, if Hibs reduce the price for the FF front to lower than the rest of the stadium, fans in the South Stand front, whether Hibs or away fans, have to be charged the same price.

This is irrelevant at ER, though, as walk up prices are identical for all seats. I think that's actually bizzare as there should be an increasing scale of pricing, the same as everywhere else,

e.g. Old Trafford (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={932F65DC-9AE7-433B-A16F-F827B5F1D40D})

Hainan Hibs
02-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I think a 3rd place finish with the prospect of a decent European tie would increase attendances.

Add in a cup win...:greengrin

KWJ
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Putting up the prices would be a big mistake IMO.

jakedance
02-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Isn't there talk of paying over a year by direct debit? If the club do a good job of advertising this it could make a bit of a difference. I know I always struggle to get the money together every year and paying over 4 months doesn't make much difference.

bobbyhibs1983
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Isn't there talk of paying over a year by direct debit? If the club do a good job of advertising this it could make a bit of a difference. I know I always struggle to get the money together every year and paying over 4 months doesn't make much difference.

Im sure recently there has been talk,or typing so to speak on here about something along the lines of a 10month payment plan, e,g a payment ever month for 10months.

i do agree about it needing to be advertised well though,Do any other clubs get fans to pay there st's by a monthly dd?If so how has it worked?

Mikey
02-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Marketing for next season's ST's will be launched this month. That will include the 10 monthly payment option.

Bearing in mind that they went down for this season, I would be amazed if prices don't go up a little.

Joe Baker II
02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Think a lot of people will wait until they see what East Stand is like before deciding on season ticket renewal.

Mikey
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Think a lot of people will wait until they see what East Stand is like before deciding on season ticket renewal.

What do they support? Hibs or a building?

cwilliamson85
02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
What do they support? Hibs or a building?

I think he meant that people will hold off to get there ticket in the East. Rather than buy a season ticket then move.:dunno:

K.Marx
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM
out of interest how many season tickets did we sell this season??

Hermit Crab
02-03-2010, 11:18 AM
out of interest how many season tickets did we sell this season??

Not enough!

Franck is God
02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
new ticket holders for the east will be able to pick their seats easily from the chart in the ticket office.

You'll only need to decide how far back you want to be and how far from the half way line in either direction. It's not like there will be any obstructed views?

I also hope that they mark the ST seats with reserved stickers and just dispense with the buying of a seat for pay at the gate fans for all areas of the ground.

I couldn't afford an ST this year and organising tickets in advance is a chore I could do without, if you could just turn up, pay your money and find a seat it would be a bit easier.

lucky
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Season ticket sales will go up next year with us finishing 3rd, winning the Holy Grail and the opening of the new stand, not to mention the 10 month payment plan.

Mon the Hibees:thumbsup:

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry for the slight thread hijack but i have never bought a season ticket due to working every other Sat.

Ironically, i am being made redundant soon and although i would have to watch the pennies I was wondering if Hibs do concessional season tickets for the unemployed etc?

jgl07
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
What a load of twaddle!

_hucks_
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Sorry for the slight thread hijack but i have never bought a season ticket due to working every other Sat.

Ironically, i am being made redundant soon and although i would have to watch the pennies I was wondering if Hibs do concessional season tickets for the unemployed etc?

No, only Under 18's, Students and OAP's get the concessionary rate.

StevieC
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
For me it will depend on their "Adult and Child" pricing.

monktonharp
02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Isn't there talk of paying over a year by direct debit? If the club do a good job of advertising this it could make a bit of a difference. I know I always struggle to get the money together every year and paying over 4 months doesn't make much difference.sounds like the best way forward,but i'd like to see prices ramped up (like the **** do) for away fans end. if they were to charge 27-28 quid at the dunbar end upper,it would only affect the OF and that Gorgie mob. all the others could be accomodated in the lower,at a lower price. it costs a lot more to police all the stand,not just the lower,thereby justifying the increase:wink:

monktonharp
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Season ticket sales will go up next year with us finishing 3rd, winning the Holy Grail and the opening of the new stand, not to mention the 10 month payment plan.

Mon the Hibees:thumbsup:have you also got this week's lotto numbers please?:greengrin

hibbymark
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
sounds like the best way forward,but i'd like to see prices ramped up (like the **** do) for away fans end. if they were to charge 27-28 quid at the dunbar end upper,it would only affect the OF and that Gorgie mob. all the others could be accomodated in the lower,at a lower price. it costs a lot more to police all the stand,not just the lower,thereby justifying the increase:wink:

Its a good idea. Even the yams manage to pretend the end we get has two tiers so they can have £23 AND £28 Tickets

hibsboy90
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
new ticket holders for the east will be able to pick their seats easily from the chart in the ticket office.

You'll only need to decide how far back you want to be and how far from the half way line in either direction. It's not like there will be any obstructed views?

I also hope that they mark the ST seats with reserved stickers and just dispense with the buying of a seat for pay at the gate fans for all areas of the ground.

I couldn't afford an ST this year and organising tickets in advance is a chore I could do without, if you could just turn up, pay your money and find a seat it would be a bit easier.

Possibly easier if a big group are attending, and all aim for one region of the stand, but as an individual or a pair, there is nothing at all simpler and hassle free than turning upto a seat, that is easily located, knowing that for the next 90m it is yours.

I dare say, that if we were to do 'block' tickets, or simply an east stand ST, a mob mentality coul occur, with big groups finding seats earli in the season, and not being too chuffed if a few weeks later someone else has the audacity to stand there.

monktonharp
02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Its a good idea. Even the yams manage to pretend the end we get has two tiers so they can have £23 AND £28 Tickets yup,approx 1500 seats at £6 increase for 6 games = close on 50k

dangermouse
02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
yup,approx 1500 seats at £6 increase for 6 games = close on 50k

That'll keep Nade in pies for a day or two.

Part/Time Supporter
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
sounds like the best way forward,but i'd like to see prices ramped up (like the **** do) for away fans end. if they were to charge 27-28 quid at the dunbar end upper,it would only affect the OF and that Gorgie mob. all the others could be accomodated in the lower,at a lower price. it costs a lot more to police all the stand,not just the lower,thereby justifying the increase:wink:

They do already. Cat A games are £5 more expensive than Cat B.

hstn747
02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know about prices, but with the reduced capacity for the start of next season, buying a season ticket might be the only way to guarantee you'll get into the first few games.

This could lead to an increase in season ticket numbers, especially if there's a home game vs the OF or Hearts in there.

I think this is what happened with Celtc when they did their stadium. Bit at a time so that a season ticket was the only way to get in. They managed to increase their season ticket sales massively back then.

GreenCastle
02-03-2010, 03:28 PM
What I am interested to see is the pricing for the EAST compared to the WEST.

The EAST has always been cheaper - poorer facilities etc.

Next season the stand is going to very similar to the WEST except all the interior. But views will be great.

So will this scare of current EAST stand season ticket holders ?

The prices WILL increase and I think the number we sell usually depends on how well we do.

If we make Europe you will see an increase.

I do think our gate will increase with the new East - maybe not selling out each week but weekly we will be higher.

People also sometimes buy a seat to guarantee the same seat each week.

monktonharp
02-03-2010, 03:37 PM
They do already. Cat A games are £5 more expensive than Cat B.so is it 19 for a B and 26 for an A ?

GreenCastle
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't know about prices, but with the reduced capacity for the start of next season, buying a season ticket might be the only way to guarantee you'll get into the first few games.

This could lead to an increase in season ticket numbers, especially if there's a home game vs the OF or Hearts in there.

I think this is what happened with Celtc when they did their stadium. Bit at a time so that a season ticket was the only way to get in. They managed to increase their season ticket sales massively back then.

I would imagine the East will be open for the first home game - when that it is...who knows. I would think the first few games are away from home.

I am sure the club would have to have a practice match or something similar to test out the stand prior to it's official 1st game ?

Hibby70
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
if we get to the cup final then i think the option of buying a season (even ininstalments) to guarantee a final ticket will add i would say 2k. Win it and we'd be looking close to sell out.

jgl07
02-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I would imagine the East will be open for the first home game - when that it is...who knows. I would think the first few games are away from home.

I am sure the club would have to have a practice match or something similar to test out the stand prior to it's official 1st game ?
I am not sure if it will be open for the start of the season.

Maybe Hibs will ask to avoid any home matches against Hearts or the OF in the early season?

There will be a number of new East Stand season ticket holders to relocate

Part/Time Supporter
02-03-2010, 04:06 PM
so is it 19 for a B and 26 for an A ?

I think it is £27 for A and £22 for B. East has been a bit cheaper due to the restricted view (see above).

col02
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Just as well the ST holders in the FF and West support Hibs with hard cash then rather than the small amount of ST holders coming from the East stand as it was.

Joe Baker II
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I think he meant that people will hold off to get there ticket in the East. Rather than buy a season ticket then move.:dunno:

Actually I think some people will hold on buying season tickets until they see what East Stand is like for atmosphere etc. Mikey has a point when he asks if people support Hibs or a building? Not everyone is going to give a blind renewal if new stand ends up being pretty soullless, as many suspect it will. It is up to club to ensure it has an atmosphere that does not turn supporters away.

Joe Baker II
02-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Just as well the ST holders in the FF and West support Hibs with hard cash then rather than the small amount of ST holders coming from the East stand as it was.

I suspect this is the attitude the club will take too, but it is hardly an encouragement for many to buy season tickets, particularly when increased capacity means only real incentive is to make acontribution to club.

Joe Baker II
02-03-2010, 04:48 PM

Not sure you are right here, have figures to hand of how much police charges to Hibernian FC are per game and it is only £3,500 extra the police charge Hibs for an OF/Hearts game compared to a routine game (additional stewarding costs will almost certainly be less than that). I would suggest that under £1k of that extra cost relates to having to police all the South Stand given I assume it is easier to police when there is no segregation, although I am willing to be corrected on tihs.

These costs are easily covered by the extra income generated by charging away fans same prices as what most Hibs fans pay anyway - no need to charge extra on this basis.

RoYO!
02-03-2010, 04:49 PM

Hmm not sure I reckon there'll be a flood of people trying to get what is likely to be a brilliant seat, which they can lay claim to for life.

I for one as an east stand st holder think it would be crazy not to renew early and miss out on a cracking seat.

If i'm wrong all the more seats for me and my mates to choose from :)

sleeping giant
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I was going to move seat for next season but i think i may be struggling as the current Eaststanders will be getting first dibs.
I will have to renew then change when they go on public sale.
I quite fancies sitting right behind the dug out but i cant see there being many free seats in the West or FF.

TrinityHibs
02-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I was going to move seat for next season but i think i may be struggling as the current Eaststanders will be getting first dibs.
I will have to renew then change when they go on public sale.
I quite fancies sitting right behind the dug out but i cant see there being many free seats in the West or FF.

You''re no getting mine:greengrin I will be re-newing this year

sleeping giant
04-03-2010, 09:33 PM
You''re no getting mine:greengrin I will be re-newing this year

Sat there for the Irvine Meadow match.
Quality view of the the pitch and plenty entertainment from Dugout:greengrin

CentreLine
05-03-2010, 05:58 AM

The club were able to assure Yogi there would be no change to his spending capability on the transfer market as a result of the new stand. Since the structure of the club finances directs season ticket income to player funding then it would suggest there is unlikely to be a reduction. An increase in season ticket sales would of course result in Yogi having more to spend. That is where we as fans make have a direct influence on the standard of player that goes on the pitch. So frankly I am hoping there is a significant increase in season ticket sales as a result of the huge improvement in spectator comfort that the new stand will bring.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notwo rthy: