PDA

View Full Version : Stokes, Riordan et al...take note!

Steve-O
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Proof that staying off the bevvy and not going out every single weekend might just help your career!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2873624/Roos-cleaned-up-his-act.html

IWasThere2016
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Rooney is a quite superb player. He strikes me as being totally in love with the game.

He is good enough to give Engerland a serious chance in SA too! :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Proof that staying off the bevvy and not going out every single weekend might just help your career!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2873624/Roos-cleaned-up-his-act.html

There was an article on James Milner in the Sunday times at the weekend as well. He decided at 14 that alcohol wouldn’t help him improve as a player so has never touched a drink.

Perspective
02-03-2010, 08:11 AM
There was an article on James Milner in teh Sunday times at the weekend as well. He decided at 14 that alcohol wouldn’t help him improve as a player so has never touched a drink.

Do you have a link for that?

Had a quick scan of Google and Times' site with no success. Would be interested in a wee read.

Footballers and alcohol should be a no-brainer - look at Darren Fletcher from a Scottish point of you. He doesn't drink and you'd struggle to find a fitter footballer.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Had a quick scan of Google and Times' site with no success. Would be interested in a wee read.

Here you go (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article7043695.ece)mate - the TimesOnline site's a nightmare to find things on.

GlesgaeHibby
02-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Footballers and alcohol should be a no-brainer - look at Darren Fletcher from a Scottish point of you. He doesn't drink and you'd struggle to find a fitter footballer.

:agree: Completely agree.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
It's the age old conflict between the need for short term gratification versus long term success.

"Pleasure now" usually wins over "pain now and reward later".

Very few people get it right, but they are usually the successful ones.

That's why I now drive a Lamborghini. :agree:

weonlywon6-2
02-03-2010, 08:45 AM

john collins and latterly darren jackson i`m sure did the same:agree:

silverhibee
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
[/B]

john collins and latterly darren jackson i`m sure did the same:agree:

John Rankin is another non drinker.

3pm
02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
John Rankin is another non drinker.

He just plays like he's been drinking. :agree:

Green_one
02-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Was Kenny Dalgleish a non drinker. Probbaly one of the fitest players of his era.

Bad Martini
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Alcohol and fitba don't mix. In the main, I'd agree. However, there are some exceptions and a certain former Man Utd player would disagree.

Am no for this big love in with Wayne Rooney. I found it most amusing to hear how Noel Gallagher sent him back the guitar he'd asked him to sign (returned it to him sprayed Man City blue and unsigned) :greengrin

LamontHFC©
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Alcohol and fitba don't mix. In the main, I'd agree. However, there are some exceptions and a certain Man Utd player would disagree.

Am no for this big love in with Wayne Rooney. I found it most amusing to hear how Noel Gallagher sent him back the guitar he'd asked him to sign (returned it to him sprayed Man City blue and unsigned) :greengrin

What a complete tosser that man is. Noel, that is.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Heavy drinking cuts short playing careers. I reckon by at least six years.

Perspective
02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Here you go (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article7043695.ece)mate - the TimesOnline site's a nightmare to find things on.

Thanks for that pal.

A good read and just re-affirms my belief that he'll go a long way in the game. Shame there aren't more like him.

hibsbollah
02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Alcohol and fitba don't mix. In the main, I'd agree. However, there are some exceptions and a certain Man Utd player would disagree.

:agree: He's been massively overhyped this season. Will walk all the POTY honours this year because its an Engerland world cup year, even though Drogba has been arguably just as good if not better. Most media pundits have been describing him as a 'shoe-in' :confused:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
:agree: He's been massively overhyped this season. Will walk all the POTY honours this year because its an Engerland world cup year, even though Drogba has been arguably just as good if not better. Most media pundits have been describing him as a 'shoe-in' :confused:

If Rooney keeps going the way he is it will be no contest. Mon u reds.

hibbymark
02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Outstanding footballer but can you imagine the size of him if he liked a bevvy? For his age he must have shared the same paper round as fletch!:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
What a complete tosser that man is. Noel, that is.

Get over it Liam.:greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
02-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Get over it Liam.:greengrin

:faf::thumbsup:

RIP
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Gordon Smith lived a similar lifestyle and played till 40

Stanley Matthews was a Vegetarian Teetotaller whose last game for Hibs was at age 55

I've been a vegetarian and am still a teetotaller.........and I cannae kick a ba' tae save masel'

Theories eh!

greenlex
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Gordon Smith lived a similar lifestyle and played till 40

Stanley Matthews was a Vegetarian Teetotaller whose last game for Hibs was at age 55

I've been a vegetarian and am still a teetotaller.........and I cannae kick a ba' tae save masel'

Theories eh!
Matthews played for the cabbage? I musta missed that. :boo hoo: