PDA

View Full Version : SPLrefs.com

sunshine1875
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Posted on the Bounce by SPLrefs.com. Any idea why not posted on hibs.net?:dunno:

Referee for game against Kilmarnock
The referee for Saturday's game against Kilmarnock is Stevie O’Reilly. The full list of match officials can be found by clicking SPLrefs.com - SPL Referees Stats (http://www.splrefs.com/)

You will also find on the site a wide range of stats relating to Stevie O’Reilly including Hibs games he has refereed and his general refereeing stats over the last 2 seasons.

SPLrefs.com - Referee - Player Cards (http://www.splrefs.com/Hibs/Referee-Player-Cards.php?id=50&Itemid=81&TeamName=Hibs&TeamID=7&RefID=25)

Additionally, we are running a poll on our site to gauge fans opinions on what they see as the single most important change you would make to help improve refereeing.

We’d love you to vote as we are planning to communicate with the SFA soon and we will be feeding the results of our poll to them to let them understand the fans views on this important issue.

SPLrefs.com working together with the fans to improve refereeing standards in Scotland

One of the Bouncers replied:

If all SPLrefs.com are doing to work together with the fans to improve refereeing standards in Scotland is posting who the ref will be (and even then on only half the Hibs fans forums) can I respectfully ask how that will help?

There are numerous threads here, and I’d imagine on other fans forums too, debating and commenting the performances of referees at matches. I cannot recall any sort of response from SPLrefs.com. Indeed, while ‘you’ encourage comments from fans on your own website, none of these appear to get a response either.

Our referee last Saturday saw fit to hand out a record number of bookings to Hibs players (for this season), 4 in one game, in a match that no-one could describe as dirty.

The Miller booking looked as though it was a referees revenge booking for having his red card of the previous week reduced to a yellow. When the referee originally blew for a foul I genuinely thought it was a foul for Hibs!

Our referee saw fit to book the opposition goalkeeper when everyone else thought it should be red. Why did he only consider it a yellow?

What was the difference between the accidental hand ball from Miller that drew a penalty against Hibs and the accidental hand ball at the other end, only a few minutes later, that didn’t?

There were all the other niggley decisions that seemed to go their way rather than ours, we’re used to that! Or the weekly question of ‘how does Deuchar (add in any other number of players) get away with hauling folk all over the place/backing into etc while oor Nishy can be fouled against with impunity for daring to go for the ball?

I’ve already read about ‘well if you think we’re bad take look at the cup final in England at the weekend’ argument and to be fair to Scottish referees I really don’t care what happens in other leagues. Its what happens in the league I pay good money to watch that [really] concerns me.

I’ll PM this as well as I don’t expect a reply on your thread will be read by you!

Regards

Jack

Jack
02-03-2010, 07:53 AM
I know this Bouncer quite well and while he means well he sometimes gets a bit carried away.

I agree with him and see no reason why SPLrefs.com don’t provide the same information to .net. However if there is to be proper engagement with the fans its got to be two way, posting then running away doesn’t really contribute anything. I can find out who the referee is on Saturday from a ‘hundred’ different sources. I do, however, see a problem with attempting any sort of reasonable conversation with the likes of JKB, FF and timstreet – they'd probably get banned!

The rest is a bit of a rant. It more or less demonstrates in one game there could be justified complaints from any club, although I again agree with the Bouncer, Saturday was particularly bad with lots of shake your head decisions and what appears to be glaring inconsistencies, even within a few minutes.

I pay the same money as the Bouncer and I agree with that too.

So I suppose I agree with all he says; he must be a great guy … and probably modest too. :agree:

:faf: