PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtc fans show their class again

H18sry
01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2872402/Celtic-fans-sick-Falklands-War-stunt.html :grr:

Where do they get off being sick and twisted :grr:

Antifa Hibs
01-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Exactly why Rangers (and other teams) shouldn't be bringing politics into the game.

I'm not defending the Tim in question, but thats exactly the reason Rangers presented the strip on this day to Weston, to get that reaction, otherwise they would've done next week when they are home to St Mirren. It's no secret the Celtic support isn't the best fans of the british army...

Watch Celtic at the next derby have a Famine memorial day so they huns can distrupt that so it evens things up.

Pathetic.

Hanny
01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Exactly why Rangers (and other teams) shouldn't be bringing politics into the game.

I'm not defending the Tim in question, but thats exactly the reason Rangers presented the strip on this day to Weston, to get that reaction, otherwise they would've done next week when they are home to St Mirren. It's no secret the Celtic support isn't the best fans of the british army...

Watch Celtic at the next derby have a Famine memorial day so they huns can distrupt that so it evens things up.

Pathetic.

:agree:

Any they wonder why everyone else hates them :rolleyes:

SlickShoes
01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I have just moved to Glasgow and before i thought Hibs hating Hearts (not real hate ) was just how it was. But in Glasgow its a total different story the hatred some sections of the support have for eachother is insane. I had folk singing in the street kicking shop doors, fighting in the street and i live about 5 miles away from Ibrox!

Cabbage East
01-03-2010, 12:59 PM
The huns put the bait out there and the Celtc fans bit. Cynical stuff.

Jim44
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
A huge minority (maybe more, who really knows?) of Celtic fans obviously despise their British nationality and some of them will stop at nothing to express their feelings of hatred for the British army. Even some of the more moderate and 'decent' Celtic supporters that I know, when pushed to denounce their bigoted faction, often find it difficult to criticise the actions of the pro Irish brigade. This is not a comment on the wickedness of these idiots as I believe the other half of the Old Firm are as bad if not worse. What amazes me is that Celtic are desperate to move to to the EPL and this kind of behaviour is just another nail in the coffin for their chances.

Judas Iscariot
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Is it maybe not a tribute to Tevez?

H18sry
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Cant wait to see what Jack Regan's defence of this is.

steakbake
01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm so outraged, I don't know where to begin. :rolleyes:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Graham Spiers sums it up the best for me in the Times. Not sure on the rule on here on posting links to papers...

Sadly a few dafties in the Celtic Support bit, although i don't see how anyone is genuinly offended by this. By the way, the first shout during the minutes silence was "Eff the pope" - it was open season after that.

I was at the game yesterday (Broomloan Front) and there were cameras pointing at the Celtic support, basically from the word go. So it was clear the huns had their press buddies primed to look out for a daftie with an Argentina top or flag. This has all started since they got done by UEFA for the billy boys and disgraced themselves in Manchester - the whataboutery, as Speirs calls it is a pathetic sideshow. At the end of the day, who cares? The huns and the press got to have a go at us big bad Tims, to make themselves feel better and soem Tim ned made a fool of themselves. The rest of the world knows little and cares even less.

Funny though, how many in the Scottish media, who will no doubt be full of self righteous indignation over the actions, of a few dafties, will happily cheer on Argentina when they play England in the WOrld Cup.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Cant wait to see what Jack Regan's defence of this is.

"Church of Maradona"? where's that mate?

Makaveli
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Furious ex-Army major Mike Rumbles MSP said: "It is totally unacceptable. This mindless rivalry between Old Firm fans has now hit a new low. This is deplorable."

People have been stabbed to death in the streets around OF games, but obviously that's nothing compared to waving an Argentina strip.

H18sry
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
"Church of Maradona"? where's that mate?

It's in Edinburgh you numpty :devil: We also have a Dundee branch aswell, and your point is :asshole::asshole:

silverhibee
01-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Graham Spiers in the Times sums it up the best for me in the Times. Not sure on the rule on here on posting links to papers...

Sadly a few dafties in the Celtic Support bit, although i don't see how anyone is genuinly offended by this. By the way, the first shout during the minutes silence was "Eff the pope" - it was open season after that.

I was at the game yesterday (Broomloan Front) and there were cameras pointing at the Celtic support, basically from the word go. So it was clear the huns had their press buddies primed to look out for a daftie with an Argentina top or flag. This has all started since they got done by UEFA for the billy boys and disgraced themselves in Manchester - the whataboutery, as Speirs calls it is a pathetic sideshow. At the end of the day, who cares? The huns and the press got to have a go at us big bad Tims, to make themselves feel better and soem Tim ned made a fool of themselves. The rest of the world knows little and cares even less.

Funny though, how many in the Scottish media, who will no doubt be full of self righteous indignation over the actions, of a few dafties, will happily cheer on Argentina when they play England in the WOrld Cup.

And did the nasty huns and the press force your sicko fans to take that strip in to the ground so they can get a response.:rolleyes:. I just dont get it Jack.
Why would you take an Argentina top to the game in the first place.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:35 PM
It's in Edinburgh you numpty :devil: We also have a Dundee branch aswell, and your point is :asshole::asshole:

So you support Argentina. Sometimes. When it suits you?

BTW I'm flattered that you coould not wait to read what i had to say about this! Also, if this genuinly offended you, then I'd avoid reading newspapers, watching TV or even going to live stand up comedy if I were you.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:38 PM
And did the nasty huns and the press force your sicko fans to take that strip in to the ground so they can get a response.:rolleyes:. I just dont get it Jack.
Why would you take an Argentina top to the game in the first place.

Of course they never. One daftie took their bait and gave the Sun and the huns the chance to feel all self satisified. who cares? Seriously?

Front page news? CELTIC SUPPORT IN ANTI BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT SHOCKER. :rolleyes:

I don't think the Celtic support will take any lessons in morality from the Sun or teh huns, who are now the self appointed fitba club of HM Forces, Sorry "Our Brave Boys" :rolleyes:

H18sry
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM

BTW I'm flattered that you coould not wait to read what i had to say about this! Also, if this genuinly offended you, then I'd avoid reading newspapers, watching TV or even going to live stand up comedy if I were you.

Where have I said that I support Argentina?

We are a Scotland supporters club who have taken the name of one of there former players who stuffed it up the English.

So rearrange these words, Clutching stop at straws, :bye:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Where have I said that I support Argentina?

We are a Scotland supporters club who have taken the name of one of there former players who stuffed it up the English.

So rearrange these words, Clutching stop at straws, :bye:

So what offended you so much about the Celtic fan with the argentina top?

You lose a relative in the Falklands? You fought there yourself? I assume you were born at the time.

silverhibee
01-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Of course they never. One daftie took their bait and gave the Sun and the huns the chance to feel all self satisified. who cares? Seriously?

Front page news? CELTIC SUPPORT IN ANTI BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT SHOCKER. :rolleyes:

I don't think the Celtic support will take any lessons in morality from the Sun or teh huns, who are now the self appointed fitba club of HM Forces, Sorry "Our Brave Boys" :rolleyes:

But they are Brave Boys, Very Brave indeed, you just needed to look at Simon Weston to see how Brave our Boys are.

H18sry
01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
So what offended you so much about the Celtic fan with the argentina top?

You lose a relative in the Falklands? You fought there yourself? I assume you were born at the time.

Yes I have served in the Falklands and lost far too many of my colleagues, so twats like the :asshole: at Ipox do my nut in, and stop trying to patronize me in defense of your fellow numpties.

hibiedude
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Furious ex-Army major Mike Rumbles MSP said: "It is totally unacceptable. This mindless rivalry between Old Firm fans has now hit a new low. This is deplorable."

People have been stabbed to death in the streets around OF games, but obviously that's nothing compared to waving an Argentina strip.

Mike Rumbles MSP was a Quest of Rangers football club a freeloading MP now thats unacceptable but as you rightly point out fans being stabbed after an old-firm game never gets a mention but waving an Argentina top puts people in a rage :faf:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes I have served in the Falklands and lost far too many of my colleagues, so twats like the :asshole: at Ipox do my nut in, and stop trying to patronize me in defense of your fellow numpties.

Good for you. Personally, fighting wars on behalf of discredited self serving politicians or causing umpteen civilian casualties, while tugging my fore-lock to unelected monarch is not really my bag.

Also, nowhere did I defend the guy. Nowhere.

Rory89
01-03-2010, 01:55 PM
The response of the Celtic fan in this thread sums up the ******** nature of the old firm. Whenever something controversial happens, it usually goes like this:

1) An individual or group of indiviuals from Old Firm A does something wrong.

2) Everyone from Old Firm B cries with false outrage, and explains why what the individual or group of people did shows how they are all deplorable lowlifes.

3) Everyone from Old Firm A responds by saying that in fact Old Firm B are worse, and then goes on to name examples of worse incidents which in fact having nothing to do with what just happened. They also say that Old Firm B control the media and in fact that media is trying to set up their fans and are exaggerating what happened.

4) Old Firm B name dispicable behaviour from Old Firm A to counter the examples raised by Old Firm A of Old Firm B misbehaving. This goes on for a while, some religion and politics is mentioned, and in the end neither can agree that their own side have ever done anything wrong, and both still believe the other is worse.

Of course what they could both do is just treat the incident with the correct level of contempt it deserves, without both using every incident that's ever happened to try and get one up on eachother. You're all the same anyway.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 01:59 PM
But they are Brave Boys, Very Brave indeed, you just needed to look at Simon Weston to see how Brave our Boys are.

And well done to Rangers FC in adopting HM Forces as their own.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
it Rangers'fault, They shouldnt have presented Weston vs Celtic. Stupid idea. What else do they think would happen?

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:02 PM
The response of the Celtic fan in this thread sums up the ******** nature of the old firm. Whenever something controversial happens, it usually goes like this:

1) An individual or group of indiviuals from Old Firm A does something wrong.

2) Everyone from Old Firm B cries with false outrage, and explains why what the individual or group of people did shows how they are all deplorable lowlifes.

3) Everyone from Old Firm A responds by saying that in fact Old Firm B are worse, and then goes on to name examples of worse incidents which in fact having nothing to do with what just happened. They also say that Old Firm B control the media and in fact that media is trying to set up their fans and are exaggerating what happened.

4) Old Firm B name dispicable behaviour from Old Firm A to counter the examples raised by Old Firm A of Old Firm B misbehaving. This goes on for a while, some religion and politics is mentioned, and in the end neither can agree that their own side have ever done anything wrong, and both still believe the other is worse.

Of course what they could both do is just treat the incident with the correct level of contempt it deserves, without both using every incident that's ever happened to try and get one up on eachother. You're all the same anyway.

While i have done neither of 3 or 4 in this thread. i admit to having indulged in this in thepast. However, this particular trait has emerged ever since the huns got done by UEFA for singing the billy boys and wrecked Manchester, to the point where we have the media making stuff up about Celtic fans (The Sun saying we were being investigated over something in Barcelona and STV saying we were being investigated by the SFA for chanting at pittodrie - a game we actually managed to stay squeaky clean for - for once :greengrin)

Nakedmanoncrack
01-03-2010, 02:03 PM
:zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
it Rangers'fault, They shouldnt have presented Weston vs Celtic. Stupid idea. What else do they think would happen?

He was met with silence at half time and one daftie with an argentina top - that about 9 photographers were scouring the Broomloan stand for.

I doubt few Scottish Sun readers were thinking of Simon Weston when Argentina knocked England out the WC in 1986 or 1998.

FFs there's a loonball on heregetting all offended yet, he's in a club named after an Argentinian football hero - the guy who manages the side who's top was pictured on the Sun!!

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
:zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

:agree::agree:

vahibbie
01-03-2010, 02:06 PM
While i have done neither of 3 or 4 in this thread. i admit to having indulged in this in thepast. However, this particular trait has emerged ever since the huns got done by UEFA for singing the billy boys and wrecked Manchester, to the point where we have the media making stuff up about Celtic fans (The Sun saying we were being investigated over something in Barcelona and STV saying we were being investigated by the SFA for chanting at pittodrie - a game we actually managed to stay squeaky clean for - for once :greengrin)

How totally f'kn boring:bye::bye::bye:

Beefster
01-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Graham Spiers sums it up the best for me in the Times. Not sure on the rule on here on posting links to papers...

You don't think Simon Weston might have been offended at it, considering that it was directed at him?

Only in a parochial ****hole like Scotland could the natives be embarrassed / against those who put their lives on the line to defend them, irrespective of the motivations of the politicians who direct the forces, while singing the praises of paramilitary terrorist groups guilty of indiscriminate killing of men, women and kids.

And only an idiot would suggest that wanting Argentina to defeat England at football is the same thing. No wonder the EPL don't want you both.

bighairyfaeleith
01-03-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm confused, I thought that was hearts :confused:

Did they not teach that nasty hitler dude a lesson some years ago, surely they haven't now lost there grip on the army to the mighty rangers. Hearts would never bend over and take such actions from anyone, especially not Rangers with there particular views on the world:devil:

K.Marx
01-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Not defending the guys actions at all but it was obvious something like this was going to happen...

Would be like Hearts having a "Wallace Mercer tribute day" the day we're playing at the PBS.

TBH i've heard and read much worse things in connection to old firm games. Its just boring now :yawn:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
You don't think Simon Weston might have been offended at it, considering that it was directed at him?

Only in a parochial ****hole like Scotland could the natives be embarrassed / against those who put their lives on the line to defend them, irrespective of the motivations of the politicians who direct the forces, while singing the praises of paramilitary terrorist groups guilty of indiscriminate killing of men, women and kids.

And only an idiot would suggest that wanting Argentina to defeat England at football is the same thing. No wonder the EPL don't want you both.

I doubt he'd have seen it, besides I think it was more directed at the huns and their stunt TBH.

Also - I've never needed them to defend me. sorry - I don't believe the hype.

Also, why have no other Scottish club felt the need to invite him to a game? In 28 years. :confused:

Billy
01-03-2010, 02:21 PM

Rubbish!!

Soldiers who supported both Hibernian and Hearts came onto the pitch during the last derby at Tynecastle and were warmly applauded by EVERYONE inside the stadium.

Soldiers recently attended a Hibernian home match and visited our training centre.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20091112/unique-day-for-soldiers_2262950_1873892

At Celtic Park earlier in the season a Celtic supporting soldier who had sadly lost his life in Afghanistan had his picture on the screens and he too was applauded by Celtic fans.

I'm sure that there have been many other cases all over the UK where soldiers have been welcomed onto pitches, onto stands, director boxes and even hospitality.

There were soldiers at the recent Rangers v Hibernian match at Ibrox and we had a good bit of banter with them prior to the game.

Soldiers nowadays are being recognised more and quite rightly so IMHO. To say that Rangers have adopted HM Forces as their own is wrong, again IMHO.

Rory89
01-03-2010, 02:21 PM

This whole thing reminds me of a year back when Hearts had a minutes silence for George Miller before an Edinburgh derby, which a minority of Hibs fans ruined. The whole thing was ridiculous as Hibs fans claimed the silence was only happening to catch them out. Perhaps there was some element of truth in that, but it was still cringeworthy as all Hibs fans had to do was shut the ***** up.

In the next derby there was talk of Hibs having a minutes silence and Hearts fans were saying it was Hibs trying to get their own back, equally cringeworthy. The last bit of your post reminds me of when Hibs fans attacked a Hearts supporters bus, and the fact it wasn't in the Evening News made some Hearts fans believe the Evening News has a pro-Hibs, anti-Hearts agenda. :faf:

So there are cases of paranoia and bad behaviour here too, but thankfully most Hibs and Hearts fans can simply admit when a minority of their support misbehave without bringing up any laughable argument for media bias against them or irrelevant politics to justify it, unlike Rantic fans. Have you ever considered the fact that all Scottish sport media is so old firm orientated, and maybe they are just biased in favour of both of you?

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Rubbish!!

Soldiers who supported both Hibernian and Hearts came onto the pitch during the last derby at Tynecastle and were warmly applauded by EVERYONE inside the stadium.

Soldiers recently attended a Hibernian home match and visited our training centre.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20091112/unique-day-for-soldiers_2262950_1873892

At Celtic Park earlier in the season a Celtic supporting soldier who had sadly lost his life in Afghanistan had his picture on the screens and he too was applauded by Celtic fans.

I'm sure that there have been many other cases all over the UK where soldiers have been welcomed onto pitches, onto stands, director boxes and even hospitality.

There were soldiers at the recent Rangers v Hibernian match at Ibrox and we had a good bit of banter with them prior to the game.

Soldiers nowadays are being recognised more and quite rightly so IMHO. To say that Rangers have adopted HM Forces as their own is wrong, again IMHO.

I was being sarcastic. I think they are using them to play to base elements within their support.

Keith_M
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I doubt he'd have seen it, besides I think it was more directed at the huns and their stunt TBH.

That's exactly what it was, a stunt. It's all part of their 'alleged' Pride over Prejudice campaign, that's trying to position them as the patriotic, flag waving Bulldog Breed. Much in the same way a lot of Sellik fans, as well as people within the club, like to think of themselves as the anti-establishment (Bomber Reid anyone?), downtrodden perennial victims.

Also, why have no other Scottish club felt the need to invite him to a game? In 28 years. :confused:

Yup, it's all hokum. I'm totally convinced that they specifically did this in the OF match to get the reaction they did.

You could also counter that no other Scottish club's supporters would have felt the need to take an Argentina top to the game in response as a Get It Up Ye.

MrSmith
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Jack, I'm afraid to say that this is not just the minority and something you forget is that these soldiers who fought in wars such as Arentina, Iraq, Afghanistan and Iraq again have no choice in whether it is for self serving politicians or not! These young men and women sign a contract that does not give them freedom of choice nor right or wrong of morality, just a set of orders they must carry out! So for me I will support these men and women and hope they come home alive and in one piece to their families and friends. On the other hand as a UK citizen I will use my democratic right to rid our country of these self-serving politicians, bankers, oil moguls and Lord of numpties twats who cause unecessary wars and suffering!

A note. Yesterday I heard the BBC Scotland phone in after the match and the amount of Celtic fans calling in citing discrimination and we understand living in a protestant country like Scotland comes with inequalities and dislike of the Catholic religion, blah, blah, blah and worse all spoken in a broad Glaswegian Scottish accent!!

Unnaceptable and most likely why most people cannae be bothered with the whinings of Celtic FC and their fans!

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:30 PM
This whole thing reminds me of a year back when Hearts had a minutes silence for George Miller before an Edinburgh derby, which a minority of Hibs fans ruined. The whole thing was ridiculous as Hibs fans claimed the silence was only happening to catch them out. Perhaps there was some element of truth in that, but it was still cringeworthy as all Hibs fans had to do was shut the ***** up.

In the next derby there was talk of Hibs having a minutes silence and Hearts fans were saying it was Hibs trying to get their own back, equally cringeworthy. The last bit of your post reminds me of when Hibs fans attacked a Hearts supporters bus, and the fact it wasn't in the Evening News made some Hearts fans believe the Evening News has a pro-Hibs, anti-Hearts agenda. :faf:

So there are cases of paranoia and bad behaviour here too, but thankfully most Hibs and Hearts fans can simply admit when a minority of their support misbehave without bringing up any laughable argument for media bias against them or irrelevant politics to justify it, unlike Rantic fans. Have you ever considered the fact that all Scottish sport media is so old firm orientated, and maybe they are just biased in favour of both of you?

I don't think I have ever said celtic do not have people like this. In fact I often caveat my posts with this admission. My point is that Rangers and the media have manipulated these elements for their own ends. Read Graham Speirs in The Times and his views on it. :wink:

As for your last point, the media in scotland is WAY too OF orientated, to the detriment of the game, however among the more downmarket tabloid broadcast and print media, Rangers, through Media House and the backhanders to journalists, get their side put forward more readily.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Often disagree with what you post here, and have no time for Celtic, to the point where I'm quite happy Rangers won yesterday, I don't normally give a toss but Mowbray's antic after the game at Easter Road where enough for me to want him to endure a trophyless season.

However on this occasion you are right, Rangers' intentions in regard to the minutes silence for somebody nobody had heard of, or will remember this time next week, or the Weston stunt were far from honourable.

As usual with the Sun, it's a non-story really, the idea of those odious people trying to claim the moral highground is laughable. It's almost enough to make me want to put my Argentina shirt on if it's going to outrage them so much.

sambajustice
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
At the end of the day, WTF were/are HM forces doing in Argentina/Afghanistan etc etc anyway???

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Jack, I'm afraid to say that this is not just the minority and something you forget is that these soldiers who fought in wars such as Arentina, Iraq, Afghanistan and Iraq again have no choice in whether it is for self serving politicians or not! These young men and women sign a contract that does not give them freedom of choice nor right or wrong of morality, just a set of orders they must carry out! So for me I will support these men and women and hope they come home alive and in one piece to their families and friends. On the other hand as a UK citizen I will use my democratic right to rid our country of these self-serving politicians, bankers, oil moguls and Lord of numpties twats who cause unecessary wars and suffering!

A note. Yesterday I heard the BBC Scotland phone in after the match and the amount of Celtic fans calling in citing discrimination and we understand living in a protestant country like Scotland comes with inequalities and dislike of the Catholic religion, blah, blah, blah and worse all spoken in a broad Glaswegian Scottish accent!!

Unnaceptable and most likely why most people cannae be bothered with the whinings of Celtic FC and their fans!

Good post, but i have to be brief...

1.) No-one makes them join the army. They are recruits, not conscripts. ALthough, I understand the socio econmic conditions which force people to join up and I genuinly hold no bitterness towards them personally, but I will not get caught up in the jingoism that goes with it.
2.) Yes it is boring, but Celtic, or our fans are not setting the agenda here. Rangers played (not for the first time) on dafties within our support, to indulge in there "whataboutery" thats been going on since UEFA fined them and Manchester - read Bill Leckies article about the Manchester riots - it mentions Celtic mroe times than Rangers in the article.
3) The bit in bold. Outright discrimination against Catholics ceased in Scotland with the decline of traditional industry in the 1980's. However, some legacy prejudice is evident in certain areas of society. Don't think anyone wants to go down this road.

Killiehibbie
01-03-2010, 02:41 PM
At the end of the day, WTF were/are HM forces doing in Argentina/Afghanistan etc etc anyway???

I don't think the army were actually in Argentina. They went to the Falklands after it was invaded.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM
That's exactly what it was, a stunt. It's all part of their 'alleged' Pride over Prejudice campaign, that's trying to position them as the patriotic, flag waving Bulldog Breed. Much in the same way a lot of Sellik fans, as well as people within the club, like to think of themselves as the anti-establishment (Bomber Reid anyone?), downtrodden perennial victims.

Yup, it's all hokum. I'm totally convinced that they specifically did this in the OF match to get the reaction they did.

You could also counter that no other Scottish club's supporters would have felt the need to take an Argentina top to the game in response as a Get It Up Ye.

Good post, its a tiresome tiresome sideshow. Its a sideshow thats also cost Celtic big time. We have a board of directors who think by signing hun targets and having little debt automatically wins you titles. :confused:

All stemming from the fact we have a lazy media in scotland who will only report on two clubs.

Diclonius
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
All stemming from the fact we have a lazy media in scotland who will only report on two clubs.

"Lazy" is not the word.

Rory89
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't think I have ever said celtic do not have people like this. In fact I often caveat my posts with this admission. My point is that Rangers and the media have manipulated these elements for their own ends. Read Graham Speirs in The Times and his views on it. :wink:

As for your last point, the media in scotland is WAY too OF orientated, to the detriment of the game, however among the more downmarket tabloid broadcast and print media, Rangers, through Media House and the backhanders to journalists, get their side put forward more readily.

By admitting Celtic does have "people like this" you seem to be suggesting this doesn't include you. Instead of just coming out and saying something like "despite my views on the Brittish army, a Celtic fan shouldn't be mocking someone like Weston" you go on to talk about the politics of the situation and also complain that the Rangers media was trying their hardest to shame your club. All pointless and paranoid ways of deflecting from what really seems like just one bellend acting up.

As for the last bit, sorry but both clubs get the same treatment as far as I'm concerned. As you've said both clubs both get blaitent favouritism, but Celtic fans seem to only notice when it's pro Rangers and take that as being anti-Celtic and vice-versa. The number of times I've heard people from both sides say the media favours the other one over them, please ffs just realise this isn't the case.

Probably the same as at the start of the day.

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2010, 02:58 PM

I don't buy into this "Our Boys" stuff. Apart from anything else, it makes them into comic book heros, when the reality they face is not a game.

Simon Weston's true bravery is how he has faced life outside the forces.

Hibby D
01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
...... read Bill Leckies article about the Manchester riots - it mentions Celtic mroe times than Rangers in the article.

You counted??? :paranoid:

That's hilarious :hilarious

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
You counted??? :paranoid:

That's hilarious :hilarious

No. NTV Celtic fanzine reprinted it and done a critique on it and the general tabloid reaction to the huns behaviour in Manchester.

Hibby D
01-03-2010, 03:04 PM
No. NTV Celtic fanzine reprinted it and done a critique on it and the general tabloid reaction to the huns behaviour in Manchester.

Okay I apologise. It wasn't you who counted :wink:

But someone did :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I have just moved to Glasgow and before i thought Hibs hating Hearts (not real hate ) was just how it was. But in Glasgow its a total different story the hatred some sections of the support have for eachother is insane. I had folk singing in the street kicking shop doors, fighting in the street and i live about 5 miles away from Ibrox!

i went to an old firm cup final at hampden one time and i knew in advance it would be different but unless you have been there it really is something else.

i didnt realise people could hate each other so much, and that was before buckfast came out !!!!!

Tazio
01-03-2010, 03:37 PM

You'd expect in a normal sane world that a Celtic fanzine would do articles about Celtic.

Or is that too naive?

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I long for the day we kick the OF cancer out of our game.

Oh, and their fan(nies) aff oor board :agree:

OF GTF! :bye:

suavegav
01-03-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2872402/Celtic-fans-sick-Falklands-War-stunt.html :grr:

The most easily offended are the most offensive. Old Firm exactly. I wish they would both ***** off.

chorley_fm
01-03-2010, 03:44 PM

beat it troll.

thats not whats going on in this thread

GreenCastle
hibs.net message board shock - ANOTHER story about Rangers or Celtic causing controversy which has nothing to do with football.

Shock - both teams come out and try to play it down.

OLD FIRM ARE A CANCER TO SCOTTISH FOOTBALL :agree:

Beefster

You're a bog-standard Celtc fan, I expect nothing less than some 'not in my name as I don't need defending' pish. Well done on living up to expectations.

I've no idea whether Weston has been invited to any other Scottish game in nigh on 30 years or not. I'd wager you don't either unless a paranoia rag, written by some giro-collecting, bedroom freedom fighter, has been on the case.

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Not defending the guys actions at all but it was obvious something like this was going to happen...

Would be like Hearts having a "Wallace Mercer tribute day" the day we're playing at the PBS.

Hardly.

I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure Simon Weston never tried to buy Celtic and merge them with Rangers.

Groathillgrump
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
However on this occasion you are right, Rangers' intentions in regard to the minutes silence for somebody nobody had heard of, or will remember this time next week, ...were far from honourable.

That's unfair. Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean there shouldn't have been a minute's silence. He was their first choice keeper in season 1969/70 playing 39 times and was a member of their 1970 League Cup winning side. He was also reserve keeper when they won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1972. I think he was entitled to the silence.

The timing was unfortunate but I'm sure poor Gerry Neef didn't plan to die just before an old firm game. However, I'm sure some Celtic fans out there will think he did it intentionally. :rolleyes:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 03:57 PM
You'd expect in a normal sane world that a Celtic fanzine would do articles about Celtic.

Or is that too naive?

It was part of a larger series they were doing on the contrasting representations of how Celtic were represented in the media, compared to our City rivals. it was called "Hackwatching".

Fair enough if you ask me.

Tazio
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
It was part of a larger series they were doing on the contrasting representations of how Celtic were represented in the media, compared to our City rivals. it was called "Hackwatching".

Let me guess, the conclusion of the series was that Celtic were misrepresented in the press by a media that favoured Rangers?

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
You're a bog-standard Celtc fan, I expect nothing less than some 'not in my name as I don't need defending' pish. Well done on living up to expectations.

I've no idea whether Weston has been invited to any other Scottish game in nigh on 30 years or not. I'd wager you don't either unless a paranoia rag, written by some giro-collecting, bedroom freedom fighter, has been on the case.

Of course only Celtic Supporters have these views.....:rolleyes:

Westie1875
01-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Paranoia if you ask me

H18sry
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
He was met with silence at half time and one daftie with an argentina top - that about 9 photographers were scouring the Broomloan stand for.

I doubt few Scottish Sun readers were thinking of Simon Weston when Argentina knocked England out the WC in 1986 or 1998.

FFs there's a loonball on heregetting all offended yet, he's in a club named after an Argentinian football hero - the guy who manages the side who's top was pictured on the Sun!!

Whats with the name calling you soap dodging barsteward, I posted a link to your disgraceful fan[nies] embarrassing Scottish football yet again [as they do on numerous occasions whilst supporting the murderous IRA] , and you are nitpicking because we had the gaul to name our supporters club after a footballing genius :bye:

.Sean.
01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
The one thing that rankles with me is the fact that not one of us is shocked by this. Similar incidents have occured in the past and more will in the future. I absolutely despise Celtic, infact I probably hate them more than Rangers and I didn't think that was possible. The one thing that really does my box in with regards to Celtic 'supporters' is that many have absolutely no ties to the Irish Republic and probably couldn't tell the difference between a protestant and a catholic, yet still chant bile and associate themselves with it whenever the chance comes.

Another thing I find laughable is some Hibbies prefering Celtic to Rangers for some reason, but that's an entirely different debate.

Killiehibbie
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Another thing I find laughable is some Hibbies prefering Celtic to Rangers for some reason, but that's an entirely different debate.

Just like a Hitler/Stalin type debate. Both evil but who would rather have lived with?

The_Todd
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I hate Rangers for involving an Falklands veteran purely to get their Union Jack hugging hoardes whipped into a frenzy. Let's face it, the Huns knew what they were doing.

I hate Celtic fans for making it a personal vendetta against a wounded war veteran.

I feel for Simon Weston who probably had no idea what he was letting himself get into. He's got nothing to do with Celtic and Rangers pathetic 17th century arguments, he's got nothing to do with the Irish "troubles". Ok, he was stationed there for a bit but that's the extant of it.

Shame on both Celtic and Rangers on this one.

I dispair when I realise this is the image of Scotland which is portrayed to the rest of the UK, Europe and the World.

clerriehibs
01-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Why does that surprise you? Rangers, for all their and their fans' faults, appear to claim to be a British club.

Celtic firmly nail their colours to the mast of another country.

Now, why would the "establishment" go with Celtic, given they are anti-establishment, and proud of it, it would seem?

The_Todd
01-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Simon Weston's true bravery is how he has faced life outside the forces.

I'd agree with that. He even met and made friends with the Argentinian pilot who dropped the bomb on his ship. That's what I call forgiving and forgetting.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Let me guess, the conclusion of the series was that Celtic were misrepresented in the press by a media that favoured Rangers?

The conclusion was that two newspapers favoured Rangers.

The Daily Record, who had, on its board one Sir Angus Grossart, who also happened to be on the board of MIH. Also the editor Bruce Waddell has often used Murray's holiday homes in France, SPain and the Channel Island's.

Rangers fan, Graham Speirs has also said this as has Glenn Gibbons and Tom English in the Scotsman.

woody47
01-03-2010, 04:59 PM

What an absolute clown you really are.
There is a big ferking difference between supporting one football team against another with a bit of banter.
This was purely to do with a guy fighting for the British army against a foregn nation and getting horrific injuries. And if you can't see the difference I really don't know why they allow you on this board spouting off your pesh!:grr:.
I am all for having difference of opinions which is what these open forums are about but when you try and defend an absolute moron, you deserve to be kicked off.:grr:

lyonhibs
01-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Pathetic.

Yup :agree: :agree:

Is Simon Weston a Rangers fan - I severly doubt it.

Has there been recent tension in the Falklands, conveniently co-inciding wth an Old Firm game, thus presenting an unmissable (unmissable only because the guy in question is a horrible fud) opportunity for some pathetic "Holier than thou" points in the the never-ending "They are worse than us" battle that is Bigot FC number 1 vs Bigot FC number 2.

Yes.

As disgusting as it is tiresome as it is predictable.

Very.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Whats with the name calling you soap dodging barsteward, I posted a link to your disgraceful fan[nies] embarrassing Scottish football yet again [as they do on numerous occasions whilst supporting the murderous IRA] , and you are nitpicking because we had the gaul to name our supporters club after a footballing genius :bye:

SO you don't like name calling then you start namecalling.

anyway, the bit in bold, don't go easy on the old hyperbole. It was one guy holding an Argentina top, the same top plenty of guys in Scotland wear and cheer on - including yourself when they play England. Scottish football was not embarrassed, no-one outside Scotland gives a monkeys.

as for Simon Weston, I could not give a monkeys about him. what does get me though is guys like yourself with the faux hurt on his behalf, when in fact he was a lucky one on that boat. 48 of his comrades died, yet how many of the indignant can name one of them.

You really are in the forces.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I hate Rangers for involving an Falklands veteran purely to get their Union Jack hugging hoardes whipped into a frenzy. Let's face it, the Huns knew what they were doing.

I hate Celtic fans for making it a personal vendetta against a wounded war veteran.

I feel for Simon Weston who probably had no idea what he was letting himself get into. He's got nothing to do with Celtic and Rangers pathetic 17th century arguments, he's got nothing to do with the Irish "troubles". Ok, he was stationed there for a bit but that's the extant of it.

I dispair when I realise this is the image of Scotland which is portrayed to the rest of the UK, Europe and the World.

When he came out at half time, there was NO reaction from the Celtic support. The Sun, among others probably had cameras on us non stop yesterday, just to get the headline - just to get the one guy with the Argentina top.

Shame on him for having a different view point from some of the media

The_Todd
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
When he came out at half time, there was NO reaction from the Celtic support. The Sun, among others probably had cameras on us non stop yesterday, just to get the headline - just to get the one guy with the Argentina top.

That's paranoia of the highest order. The guy had an Argentina shirt and was waving it about like a fud, HOPING TO BE SEEN. He WAS seen. There can be no complaints.

And what was the wee ned's view point? "Ahm pure gonnae wave this shirt aboot so ah will cos they Huns huv a man who used tae be in ra British Army, ken? They are pure oor rivals and Argentina are oan Ireland's side".

I'm guessing that was his "different view"?

If that shirt wasn't a directed attack on an individual who probably couldn't care less about either of your rotten wee football clubs then I don't know what it was.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
What an absolute clown you really are.
There is a big ferking difference between supporting one football team against another with a bit of banter.
This was purely to do with a guy fighting for the British army against a foregn nation and getting horrific injuries. And if you can't see the difference I really don't know why they allow you on this board spouting off your pesh!:grr:.
I am all for having difference of opinions which is what these open forums are about but when you try and defend an absolute moron, you deserve to be kicked off.:grr:

So, England are playing Argentina, some Scots guys are watching it in a pub, when in come some Falklands veterans. DO they stop cheering on Argentina?

By the way, I never defended the guy who had the top on, he's an idiot who took the huns bait. But if this is what it takes for the huns to get some oneupmanship over us then after Manchester, then they must be very very hard up.

All this concern over Weston and his feelings, yet more veterans have killed themselves since the war than were killed by the argentinians. If people were genuine over this they'd be campaigning for these guys. You know the gusy not on the corporate speaker circuit, which I have NO issue with Weston doing.

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
The Sun, among others probably had cameras on us non stop yesterday, just to get the headline - just to get the one guy with the Argentina top.

:rolleyes:

They're all out to get you, eh?

Just as well your support didn't let them down.

woody47
01-03-2010, 05:11 PM

and er$es like you trying to defend it.

The sort of diatribe that you keep spouting is really starting to get to me as I had a lot of mates who didn't come back from the falklands so why don't you take your bigotry and shove up where the sun dont shine and ferk off back to the slimy rock you crept out from. :grr::grr:

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:13 PM
That's paranoia of the highest order. The guy had an Argentina shirt and was waving it about like a fud, HOPING TO BE SEEN. He WAS seen. There can be no complaints.

And what was the wee ned's view point? "Ahm pure gonnae wave this shirt aboot so ah will cos they Huns huv a man who used tae be in ra British Army, ken? They are pure oor rivals and Argentina are oan Ireland's side".

I'm guessing that was his "different view"?

If that shirt wasn't a directed attack on an individual who probably couldn't care less about either of your rotten wee football clubs then I don't know what it was.

Aye fair enough. I cannot legislate for what went through that one guy's mind, but the fact remains, there was no reaction at half time when he was doing their half time draw.

Seriously, so what, who cares about some daft tim ned, who really cares about Simon Weston? Honestly, who cares?

People are looking to be offended here - I bet the Huns and the Sun were DELIGHTED when they finally saw that guy.

1875godsgift
01-03-2010, 05:14 PM

I agree, pathetic one-upmanship from rangers, and the sad fact being that it was done deliberately to get a reaction.
A less controversial decision might have been to invite him to their cup final against St. Mirren, still a big game but very little chance of him suffering any personal abuse.
I'm sure he's thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by it, but it's unfair to put him in that position in the first place.

Well done the infirm, showing your class again.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
and er$es like you trying to defend it.

The sort of diatribe that you keep spouting is really starting to get to me as I had a lot of mates who didn't come back from the falklands so why don't you take your bigotry and shove up where the sun dont shine and ferk off back to the slimy rock you crept out from. :grr::grr:

Where am I defending him?????? What diatribe? Also what bigotry? who am I being bigotted against? What race/sect/faith etc did I have a go at?

Sorry about your mates from the Falklands, but we'd be a nation of Trappist monks if we never spoke for fear of offending someone - how was I to know you had mates who got killed 28 years ago??

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree, pathetic one-upmanship from rangers, and the sad fact being that it was done deliberately to get a reaction.
A less controversial decision might have been to invite him to their cup final against St. Mirren, still a big game but very little chance of him suffering any personal abuse.
I'm sure he's thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by it, but it's unfair to put him in that position in the first place.

Well done the infirm, showing your class again.

As I said, apart from the guy with the top. Nothing was said at half time when he done their draw.

Of course maybe THe Sun missed that.....:rolleyes:

K.Marx
01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Hardly.

I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure Simon Weston never tried to buy Celtic and merge them with Rangers.

I'm not comparing Simon Weston to Wallace Mercer. I'm saying this looks like it was done to provoke a reaction from Celtic "fans" to give them the moral high ground.

The_Todd
01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Seriously, so what, who cares about some daft tim ned, who really cares about Simon Weston? Honestly, who cares?

People are looking to be offended here - I bet the Huns and the Sun were DELIGHTED when they finally saw that guy.

I agree with that. If you read my first post, you'll see that I think what Rangers did was to blatantly use some poor innocent army veteran, who probably has no idea of Rantic's bizarre obsession with living in 17th Century Ireland for their own twisted ends. I don't deny this.

But I find it depressing that for some reason there will always be Celtc fans who go out of their way to be offended by said innocent war veteran.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes:

They're all out to get you, eh?

Just as well your support didn't let them down.

Well one guy out of 7,500 is not bad.

Lots of people owe that daft tim a lot of thanks though, they might not be feeling so self satisfied without him today and a few hacks would have had nothing to write about.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree with that. If you read my first post, you'll see that I think what Rangers did was to blatantly use some poor innocent army veteran, who probably has no idea of Rantic's bizarre obsession with living in 17th Century Ireland for their own twisted ends. I don't deny this.

But I find it depressing that for some reason there will always be Celtc fans who go out of their way to be offended by said innocent war veteran.

Cannae really argue with that, except we're stuck in the 19th and early 20th century. :wink:

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Lots of people owe that daft tim a lot of thanks though, they might not be feeling so self satisfied without him today and a few hacks would have had nothing to write about.

:hilarious

Aye, the self satisfaction is oozing out :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
So it's just me that thinks it was in tribute to Tevez :cool2:

boomtownhibby
01-03-2010, 05:34 PM
this is typical old firm nonsense. However i must say weston is no hero of mines , a 'war hero' ??? didnt fight for me

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Shock horror, the daily Hun find one wee Celtic ned with a Argy flag at Ipox and make it front page news. I think their editorial stance says more about themselves than it does the Celtic ned. And bottom line, if Simon Weston, or anybody in public life, openly alligns themself with Glasgow Rangers and their extreme loyalist traditions at such a fixture they are risking a reaction of some kind.

SunshineOnLeith
01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
While i have done neither of 3 or 4 in this thread.

Really?

This has all started since they got done by UEFA for the billy boys and disgraced themselves in Manchester

Hal Jordan
01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
You may not give a monkey's about Weston, or politics, or one upmanship, but surely tæ **** waving a symbol of Argentina at a man who lost his face and half the skin on his body, and all his mates in a ****ing horrible fireball, who went through YEARS of agonizing operations and skin grafts, is pretty ****ing low, even for a Celtc fan, wouldn't you agree?
On a human level, Cetic fans who condone this are ****ing subhuman.
(sorry about the swearies)

Sir David Gray
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I said this the other week when the last Old Firm bashing thread was debated recently but I really cannot wait for the day that both Rangers AND Celtic get stuffed and leave Scottish football for good.

The pair of them, with their pathetic supporters and their childish attempts at constantly trying to get one over on each other are tiresome and the rest of this country is sick to death of them and their antics.

Rangers, in my opinion, have used Simon Weston in their own little game to try and embarrass Celtic and make them look bad and I also believe that they pull stunts like this to try and play up to their fans. That is extremely sad because guys like Weston do not deserve to be treated in such a way and used like a pawn.

However not all, but some, Celtic fans have taken the bait thrown out by Rangers by acting in this manner and that is equally as sad. It's clear to me that quite a number of Celtic's fans hate, or at least pretend to hate, everything to do with the United Kingdom and cannot stand the British Armed Forces. Perhaps these idiots should remember that many Celtic supporters have also served in the British Forces through the years and many will have been injured and killed whilst on duty. If they can't bring themselves to respect some random guy from Wales, maybe they could respect "their own".

By the way, just to answer Jack Regan's question in one of his posts on this thread where he asked who really cares about Simon Weston. I do. I care about people like Simon Weston, I care about the guys who are paraded through Wootton Bassett on a regular basis in their coffins and I care about the men and women who bravely serve this country throughout the world because I know that, without them, this nation would be in a very sorry state indeed.

I honestly long for the day that these two clubs grow up and move into the 21st century or, failing that, they both leave and go and disgrace, embarrass and humiliate someone else's league.

What did Scotland do to deserve such a scourge?

01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
You may not give a monkey's about Weston, or politics, or one upmanship, but surely tæ **** waving a symbol of Argentina at a man who lost his face and half the skin on his body, and all his mates in a ****ing horrible fireball, who went through YEARS of agonizing operations and skin grafts, is pretty ****ing low, even for a Celtc fan, wouldn't you agree?
On a human level, Cetic fans who condone this are ****ing subhuman.
(sorry about the swearies)

It was low, totally, but was he expecting Celtic fans to applaud him on the pitch when he's there ostensibly supporting Glasgow Rangers, the most sectarian and racist club in world football? All it did was give a cheap headline to a right wing loyalist tabloid.

Albanian Hibs
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM

:agree: Best post yet on this thread

OFGTF

.Sean.
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
So it's just me that thinks it was in tribute to Tevez :cool2:
:bitchy:

lyonhibs
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Whilst the Tim in question, along with anyone who is condoming this on forums and the doubtless numerous threads (I haven't, and have no intention of, scouring the various cesspits - KDS etc - where Celtc fans congregate. Maybe JR could do a straw poll for us :greengrin) are vile barstewards, what worries is me is this.

Drunken Tim fandan, invariably on a high after getting to have a gobble of his ma's boaby pre-match, as well necking several litres of tonic wine decides to wave a Argentina shirt at a Falklands war victim. If there had been hundreds, even scores of Celtc fans like him, that would have been more worrying, but this was one horrid, insensitive mutant who will probably soon end up as a statistic after trying to inject kerosene into his eyeball or somesuch.

Simon Weston - unless I'm missing something - is not a Rangers fan.

Someone at Rangers - like relatively high up - decides to invite him along (bearing in mind, like any decent human being, he cares not one jot about the petty, ******ed bigotry these Clueless Eejits have about the history of a country 90% + of them won't have even visited, let alone come from) to an Old Firm game.

The clear risks this presents for the mutant minority of the Celtic support is seemingly not taken into consideration, and an innocent man is dragged into their dregs of society squabble.

Given the increasingly petty nature of the "tit for tat" competition in the between The Ugly Sisters, both at a fan and boardroom level, I find it hard to believe it didn't cross the mind of some High Blazer at Rangers that this was almost guaranteed to give them "Round 238577000" in the "They are worse than us" pish, and the Hun/Daily ****** were only to happy to oblige.

Obviously, the fact that Rangers could rely on some jakey fool to oblige is a worrying indictement on how a portion of the Celtic support simply refuse to grow up, but the fact that they - as a club - ploughed ahead with this publicity stunt regardless is more worrying - IMO.

Westie1875
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Where am I defending him?????? What diatribe? Also what bigotry? who am I being bigotted against? What race/sect/faith etc did I have a go at?

Sorry about your mates from the Falklands, but we'd be a nation of Trappist monks if we never spoke for fear of offending someone - how was I to know you had mates who got killed 28 years ago??

The fact that you are replying to every post on this thread and making excuses for it suggests you are, you'd get a lot more respect by just condemning it without trying to deflect the blame on the huns.

Two cheeks of the same arse IMO but Celtc playing the victim all the time is seriously pathetic.

The_Todd
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Shock horror, the daily Hun find one wee Celtic ned with a Argy flag at Ipox and make it front page news. I think their editorial stance says more about themselves than it does the Celtic ned. And bottom line, if Simon Weston, or anybody in public life, openly alligns themself with Glasgow Rangers and their extreme loyalist traditions at such a fixture they are risking a reaction of some kind.

It was low, totally, but was he expecting Celtic fans to applaud him on the pitch when he's there ostensibly supporting Glasgow Rangers, the most sectarian and racist club in world football? All it did was give a cheap headline to a right wing loyalist tabloid.

I hate the Huns, and I too despise the Sun as a right-wing rag but....

Simon Weston was at Ibrox after being invited by the Rangers Charity Foundation. Simon Weston in all likelihood had no idea what goes on up here between Celtic and Rangers and their pathetic wee bigotfest. Just because we hear about it all day every day, you can guarantee that south of the border most are entirely in blissful ignorance of it, Weston included.

Weston didn't align himself with anyone yesterday. It's not as he had a microphone and started belting out the Billy Boys.

erskine-hibby
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM

Don't know how I missed this one.
I served during the Falklands conflict and although I feel it could have been avoided all together, to come up with a cheap stunt like that is a slap in the face for those who lost their lives and a sad indictment of the celtic support.

01-03-2010, 06:36 PM

Simon Weston was at Ibrox after being invited by the Rangers Charity Foundation. Simon Weston in all likelihood had no idea what goes on up here between Celtic and Rangers and their pathetic wee bigotfest. Just because we hear about it all day every day, you can guarantee that south of the border most are entirely in blissful ignorance of it, Weston included.

Weston didn't align himself with anyone yesterday. It's not as he had a microphone and started belting out the Billy Boys.

Rangers Charity? What's that exactly? Help the aged UDA volunteers? UVF retirement pension fund!? :confused: I noted that odious Rangers Trust were quoted in the tabloid story, assuming the moral high ground. Weston was used as a prop and pawn by these people in my view.

vahibbie
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM

By far and away the best post on this thread.
:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Rangers Charity? What's that exactly? Help the aged UDA volunteers? UVF retirement pension fund!?

No need IMO.

A quick Google search shows it supports (among others) UNICEF and the RNIB.

01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
No need IMO.

A quick Google search shows it supports (among others) UNICEF and the RNIB.

"Among others" being the key phrase. I know what that Rangers Trust is about - We ara peepil, bigotry.

lyonhibs
01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Rangers Charity? What's that exactly? Help the aged UDA volunteers? UVF retirement pension fund!? :confused: I noted that odious Rangers Trust were quoted in the tabloid story, assuming the moral high ground. Weston was used as a prop and pawn by these people in my view.

Indeed he was, but your previous posts assume that Mr Weston knew the full history of pathetic bigotry between the 2 clubs, which - as the OF receive precious little press coverage down south, much less in Wales, I doubt he genuinely did.

He probably went along, knowing why he was invited, but not knowing the full extent of what he was potentially getting himself into.

Hell, he may have even gone to the OF game as a decent football fan, a breed rarely seen at that fixture these days.

01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
[/B]

Indeed he was, but your previous posts assume that Mr Weston knew the full history of pathetic bigotry between the 2 clubs, which - as the OF receive precious little press coverage down south, much less in Wales, I doubt he genuinely did.

He probably went along, knowing why he was invited, but not knowing the full extent of what he was potentially getting himself into.

Hell, he may have even gone to the OF game as a decent football fan, a breed rarely seen at that fixture these days.

Weston's integrity is not in doubt I agree. I would say he was possibly slightly naive not knowing the motivation behind his invitation.

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
"Among others" being the key phrase. I know what that Rangers Trust is about - We ara peepil, bigotry.

I think you're getting the two mixed up. Their charity and their odious Supporters Trust are two entirely seperate entities.

I'm all for kicking the Huns when it's deserved, but to suggest their charity is giving money to anything but decent causes appears to be way off the mark.

Hainan Hibs
01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes reading this thread.

The situation can be summed up in one sentence. Celtic and Rangers are both sectarian cancers who harm Scottish Football.

And can we please try to start ignoring Jack Regan, he might **** off if no one replies to him. But then again, Septic fans do love the sound of their own voice when talking about "the cause".

01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I think you're getting the two mixed up. Their charity and their odious Supporters Trust are two entirely seperate entities.

I'm all for kicking the Huns when it's deserved, but to suggest their charity is giving money to anything but decent causes appears to be way off the mark.

I'm deeply suspicious of anything this odious club or their affiliates do, and inviting Weston (an individual deeply associated with the British Army) as a prop to wind up bigots on either side is not on IMO. Why wasn't he invited to a game verses another club, ask yourself that? I assume because they were looking for some kind of reaction from a numpty Celtic fan, which they got. Job done.

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm deeply suspicious of anything this odious club or their affiliates do, and inviting Weston (an individual deeply associated with the British Army) as a prop to wind up bigots on either side is not on IMO. Why wasn't he invited to a game verses another club, ask yourself that? I assume because they were looking for some kind of reaction from a numpty Celtic fan, which they got. Job done.

No disagreement from me on any of that.

I do disagree with what I quoted you on though :wink:

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm afraid I can't have any sympathy for Weston at all here, assuming his feelings were hurt by seeing the Argentina strip, which I'd even doubt.

He was invited to an Old Firm game, and has no connection whatsoever with Rangers. He ought to have had the savvy to realise he was going to be used in this way, and that there would be a response. Everyone knows about the bigoted circus the OF fixture is, and one can only assume that he and his advisers have been living on Mars if they weren't aware what they're getting themselves into.

The_Todd
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
. Weston was used as a prop and pawn by these people in my view.

Which is exactly what I said in the first place!

I'm afraid I can't have any sympathy for Weston at all here, assuming his feelings were hurt by seeing the Argentina strip, which I'd even doubt.

He was invited to an Old Firm game, and has no connection whatsoever with Rangers. He ought to have had the savvy to realise he was going to be used in this way, and that there would be a response. Everyone knows about the bigoted circus the OF fixture is, and one can only assume that he and his advisers have been living on Mars if they weren't aware what they're getting themselves into.

Ahh DBS... usually agree with 99% of what you say but can't on this one. The OF, and all included baggage, are simply not big news in Wales. I lived in Wales long enough to know this. There's the odd Celtic supporter's club and probably a Rangers equivalent, but to the vast majority the Old Firm are just a couple of football teams in Glasgow.

They're lucky enough to not know them as well as we do.

Brizo
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM

Agree with that. Simon Weston has a very high media profile and his regular and numerous media and public appearances wont be organised by him on his own from his front room in Wales. He will have a support structure who assist him in organising his activities. All they had to do was google Old Firm to get the sp on this bilefest.

The fan - dango who waved the Argentina top is no surprise. What surprises me is that it was only one. IIRC at the time of the Falklands they were chanting Argentina and waving Argentina flags in large numbers. Rangers have got what they wanted out of this cynical exercise as have the victim element of the Celtc support as have the tabloid media.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM

Ha, to be fair, that same guy, Senior Maradona also dedicated the hand of goal to the Argentine soldiers who died in the Falklands War...and explicitly linked 'getting it up England' to revenge for Falklands.

But he still sings about him though...

...too many football fans ready to get indignant about behaviour of other football fans...when the fact is, all football clubs are capable of that kind of thing, i wonder how non Hibs fans looking in feel about us gloating about the death from cancer of a Chairman of our greatest rivals...?

H18sry
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Ha, to be fair, that same guy, Senior Maradona also dedicated the hand of goal to the Argentine soldiers who died in the Falklands War...and explicitly linked 'getting it up England' to revenge for Falklands.

...too many football fans ready to get indignant about behaviour of other football fans...when the fact is, all football clubs are capable of that kind of thing, i wonder how non Hibs fans looking in feel about us gloating about the death from cancer of a Chairman of our greatest rivals...?

Who tried to put Hibs out of buisness, a bit different to having a go at a man who nearly lost his life whilst trying to save others

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
The fact that you are replying to every post on this thread and making excuses for it suggests you are, you'd get a lot more respect by just condemning it without trying to deflect the blame on the huns.

Two cheeks of the same arse IMO but Celtc playing the victim all the time is seriously pathetic.

You could not have done well in the interpretation bit of your English exam, as nowhere have I defended him.

My point is the guys is obviously a clown, but his actions have DELIGHTED the press and the huns and those who like to wallow in faux outrage.

the two points I make are not mutually exclusive.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Whilst the Tim in question, along with anyone who is condoming this on forums and the doubtless numerous threads (I haven't, and have no intention of, scouring the various cesspits - KDS etc - where Celtc fans congregate. Maybe JR could do a straw poll for us :greengrin) are vile barstewards, what worries is me is this.

Drunken Tim fandan, invariably on a high after getting to have a gobble of his ma's boaby pre-match, as well necking several litres of tonic wine decides to wave a Argentina shirt at a Falklands war victim. If there had been hundreds, even scores of Celtc fans like him, that would have been more worrying, but this was one horrid, insensitive mutant who will probably soon end up as a statistic after trying to inject kerosene into his eyeball or somesuch.

Simon Weston - unless I'm missing something - is not a Rangers fan.

Someone at Rangers - like relatively high up - decides to invite him along (bearing in mind, like any decent human being, he cares not one jot about the petty, ******ed bigotry these Clueless Eejits have about the history of a country 90% + of them won't have even visited, let alone come from) to an Old Firm game.

The clear risks this presents for the mutant minority of the Celtic support is seemingly not taken into consideration, and an innocent man is dragged into their dregs of society squabble.

Given the increasingly petty nature of the "tit for tat" competition in the between The Ugly Sisters, both at a fan and boardroom level, I find it hard to believe it didn't cross the mind of some High Blazer at Rangers that this was almost guaranteed to give them "Round 238577000" in the "They are worse than us" pish, and the Hun/Daily ****** were only to happy to oblige.

Obviously, the fact that Rangers could rely on some jakey fool to oblige is a worrying indictement on how a portion of the Celtic support simply refuse to grow up, but the fact that they - as a club - ploughed ahead with this publicity stunt regardless is more worrying - IMO.

Pretty fair post there. Would give you a 9/10 for that, as KDS is NOT a cesspit forum.

Ed De Gramo
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM

:top marks

H18sry
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Who tried to put Hibs out of buisness, a bit different to having a go at a man who nearly lost his life whilst trying to save others

Over a hundred years ago? I thought we were the only ones who went on about stuff from the 19th century???

Do keep up Whaleass Mercer tried to put us out of buisness in 1990 now let me do the maths for you 1990-2010 is 20 years :faf: Your not a counting tim then are you :asshole::asshole:

Unluck about the deletion, if your not fast your last.

JackRegan
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Do keep up Whaleass Mercer tried to put us out of buisness in 1990 now let me do the maths for you 1990-2010 is 20 years :faf: Your not a counting tim then are you :asshole::asshole:

Jammy bassa. :greengrin

lyonhibs
01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Pretty fair post there. Would give you a 9/10 for that, as KDS is NOT a cesspit forum.

Well, whatever, I'll have to take your word for it. It's the best known of the Celtc boards so I just mentioned it.

In any case, I suspect your verdict on its "Cesspit" rating or otherwise is a mite subjective :greengrin

Like I say, in this instance (I hasten to add that Celtc's recent "Famine Memorial" minute's silence was almost as cynical - or was it you suddenly holding a minute's silence in memory of the 1921 Revolution, or both?? Honestly, I lose track) it would be as reasonable to say "Celtic Supporters taunt Falklands war victim" on the back of the actions of one total ar*e, as it would be to say "Hibs supporters accuse Steven Pressley of paedophilia" after a handul of mentally deficient numbnuts amongst 3,500 of us sung that charming ditty at the 0-0 NY draw at Tynecastle last season.

Doubtless - I didn't actually see the game, giving not two flying figs for the "fortunes" of the OF - both sets of fans were cracking out the full repertoire of respective "traditional folk songs", but that's another thread altogether, a topic I see we've become so used to/resigned to that's there's not a thread about it on here.

Unless the OF fans sang songs about "football" did they??? :confused::shocked:

blaikie
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2872402/Celtic-fans-sick-Falklands-War-stunt.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2872402/Celtic-fans-sick-Falklands-War-stunt.html) :grr:

Rangers and Celtic fans are two cheeks of the same arse, For instance I got attacked by a Rangers Fan last night on the train for wearing what he put as a "palestinian scarf" which made me a "Fenian *******" :cool2: Rangers and Celtic fans they are all the same :grr: I couldn't care less about the Old Firm fans and there internet assembled opinions :grr:

Rant Over :wink:

ArabHibee
this is typical old firm nonsense. However i must say weston is no hero of mines , a 'war hero' ??? didnt fight for me

I'm going to assume that you are quite young. Because that is just an extermely stupid thing to say. :bitchy:

One Day Soon
Good post, but i have to be brief...

1.) No-one makes them join the army. They are recruits, not conscripts. ALthough, I understand the socio econmic conditions which force people to join up and I genuinly hold no bitterness towards them personally, but I will not get caught up in the jingoism that goes with it.
2.) Yes it is boring, but Celtic, or our fans are not setting the agenda here. Rangers played (not for the first time) on dafties within our support, to indulge in there "whataboutery" thats been going on since UEFA fined them and Manchester - read Bill Leckies article about the Manchester riots - it mentions Celtic mroe times than Rangers in the article.
3) The bit in bold. Outright discrimination against Catholics ceased in Scotland with the decline of traditional industry in the 1980's. However, some legacy prejudice is evident in certain areas of society. Don't think anyone wants to go down this road.

Yes it was obviously a set up. Yes Weston is a genuine hero and decent guy. Yes he fought for you whether you like it or not.

With all that out of the way, you are the worst kind of mealy mouthed weasel-worded apologist for the Celtc victim/paranoia/fhamine view of the world. Your dishonesty is all the worse because you deliberately pretend to distance yourself from the very worst aspects of your support's behaviour and their mentality merely to then try to justify it all by reference to how your ugly twin is worse. Pathetic and more than a little revolting.

Alfred E Newman
01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Most of the garbage spouted by the Regan guy is par for the course and really has no place on here and the sooner he is punted the better.
As for some of the replies, the less said the better but they fill me with dispair.

vahibbie
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes it was obviously a set up. Yes Weston is a genuine hero and decent guy. Yes he fought for you whether you like it or not.

With all that out of the way, you are the worst kind of mealy mouthed weasel-worded apologist for the Celtc victim/paranoia/fhamine view of the world. Your dishonesty is all the worse because you deliberately pretend to distance yourself from the very worst aspects of your support's behaviour and their mentality merely to then try to justify it all by reference to how your ugly twin is worse. Pathetic and more than a little revolting.

:applause::applause::applause:

New Corrie
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Even though i'm Scotland Yard, I just had a look on celticnonce and as you can imagine the usual pretend Hibs supporters are in total agreement with Celtic on this, it's all a Protestant conspiracy and they are even comparing Gerry Adams to Nelson Mandela! JR is right about nobody making people join the forces,,,,,well the same applies to the Irish, nobody made you come here and nobody is forcing you to stay.

ArabHibee
01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Even though i'm Scotland Yard, I just had a look on celticnonce and as you can imagine the usual pretend Hibs supporters are in total agreement with Celtic on this, it's all a Protestant conspiracy and they are even comparing Gerry Adams to Nelson Mandela! JR is right about nobody making people join the forces,,,,,well the same applies to the Irish, nobody made you come here and nobody is forcing you to stay.

What's the problem with that? Both were terrorists.

jacomo
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM

Can't believe your rising to the bait. There's no need.

This whole row is the Old Firm in microcosm - why any Hibby feels the need to get involved is beyond me.

Rangers - in the name of "charidee" and draped in the "Celebrating our war heroes" banner - pushed a button. Sympathetic media outlets looked for a reaction. They got one. The whole thing is pathetic.

What is even more pathetic is that, last week, those same voices in the media were suggesting that naval reinforcements should be sent to the Falklands to "protect British interests"... when Argentina, an entirely different country from three decades ago, poses absolutely NO military threat, and doesn't wish to do so.

This is the same button pushing, but with potentially much more serious consequences.

Of course there are plenty of Celtic supporters who adopt causes that they don't understand, but then lack of education and ignorance is rife, and hardly restricted to any one section of society.

I'd imagine Simon Weston would be the last person to berate someone for wearing an Argentina shirt in Britain today... as someone who has seen conflict and the price it can have, he knows the true value of peace.

New Corrie
01-03-2010, 11:15 PM
What's the problem with that? Both were terrorists.

It;s a bit like saying....Alan O'Brien and Pat Stanton were both football players

Harpandcastle
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Is the current craze among clubs for parading military personel in sports arenas happening globaly or is it mainly restricted to those looking for a means of cheap points scoring?

It would appear to me to be the latter although I am happy to be corrected.

Personally I dont look upon soldiers as heroes, I see them as people who work in thier dangerous but chosen profession, as far as I'm aware its not compulsary to join the army. I respect thier choice and would not wish them harm but they are not forced to enlist.

Someone at Rangers invited Simon Weston to an old firm game knowing full well the chances were at least 1 person out of 7500 would react, a bit sad but always going to happen. The guy deserved more respect than that given to him hy his hosts.

As for the Sun being horrified and appalled at a guy waving an Argentina strip, Perhaps they should go into thier archives and look at the Gotcha headline they printed following the deaths of 323 Argentines aboard the Belgrano. They have no right to take the moral high ground with anyone.

Hainan Hibs
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glasgow-United-Kingdom/Jail-for-Hugh-McAteer-dirty-tim-who-insulted-hero-Simon-Weston/379437429417?ref=nf

:faf::faf:

tony higgins
02-03-2010, 12:24 AM
londonDERRY

:faf:

blaikie
02-03-2010, 12:34 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glasgow-United-Kingdom/Jail-for-Hugh-McAteer-dirty-tim-who-insulted-hero-Simon-Weston/379437429417?ref=nf

I admire Weston for his bravery etc, But he is hardly a national treasure :rolleyes: Idiots :yawn:

Hibs On Tour
02-03-2010, 04:22 AM

Pathetic.

Complete pish IMHO.

Rangers, Celtic or any other team should be able to do whatever they want to whoever they want in the way of presenting strips or whatever without ********s in their [or any other] support getting their knickers in a twist about it. Simon Weston wasn't there to 'support' anything that happened hundreds of years ago in Ireland FFS. He was there to support a charity FFS.

Staggering the amount of bull**** justifications that come out ref the over the water pish [on both sides] on here sometimes... :bitchy:

Hibs On Tour
02-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Good for you. Personally, fighting wars on behalf of discredited self serving politicians or causing umpteen civilian casualties, while tugging my fore-lock to unelected monarch is not really my bag.

Also, nowhere did I defend the guy. Nowhere.

You sir, are a cock.

You asked a smart-arsed question and got it bounced right back in your lap and instead of taking it on the chin come out with pish like that. GFY and get back over to Kerrydale St with the rest of the ******s.

Hibs On Tour
02-03-2010, 04:38 AM

That's just it Bob, that isn't the case down South. Lots of people genuinely think its just a really big derby rivalry and don't realise the roots of it or that its viewed to such a ******ed degree by large portions of both supports.

Hibs On Tour
02-03-2010, 04:42 AM

Peach of a post and so much better worded than my own tirades! :top marks

Kaiser1962
02-03-2010, 06:19 AM

Simon Weston, or the majority of people outside Scotland/Ireland, dont get what its about and why should they?. I understand he attended some charitable thing on Saturday and stayed over for the game at Rangers invitation. He probably thinks its a bit like Arsenal/Spurs or Liverpool/Everton. Graham Poll was interviewed last week and stated that he told Hugh Dallas how much he would have liked to referee an Old Firm game and Dallas just looked at him and told him he just didn't have a clue. Imagine a self publicising dingbat like Poll in charge of that? People would die.

Kaiser1962
02-03-2010, 06:28 AM

Sorry The Todd just read your post after I had posted above :hide:

PeeKay
02-03-2010, 06:51 AM
,,,,,well the same applies to the Irish, nobody made you come here and nobody is forcing you to stay.

And does that go for those who founded our football club and their decendents? What a vile statement to make.

Brizo
02-03-2010, 06:56 AM

Maybe you could share with the dotnet family the specific opinion that got you barred ?

Isnt there a song that expresses those sentiments , something about why dont you go home ?

LancsHibs
02-03-2010, 06:59 AM

I expect a lot of people care about Simon Weston, have a lot of respect for him and are interested in meeting him.
Can't say the same about the benefits scrounging moron Celtic fan:cool2:

Brizo
02-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Is the current craze among clubs for parading military personel in sports arenas happening globaly or is it mainly restricted to those looking for a means of cheap points scoring?

It would appear to me to be the latter although I am happy to be corrected.

Personally I dont look upon soldiers as heroes, I see them as people who work in thier dangerous but chosen profession, as far as I'm aware its not compulsary to join the army. I respect thier choice and would not wish them harm but they are not forced to enlist.

Someone at Rangers invited Simon Weston to an old firm game knowing full well the chances were at least 1 person out of 7500 would react, a bit sad but always going to happen. The guy deserved more respect than that given to him hy his hosts.

As for the Sun being horrified and appalled at a guy waving an Argentina strip, Perhaps they should go into thier archives and look at the Gotcha headline they printed following the deaths of 323 Argentines aboard the Belgrano. They have no right to take the moral high ground with anyone.

Best point made on this thread. :agree: The hypocritic nature of our tabloid press knows no bounds.

New Corrie
02-03-2010, 07:02 AM
And does that go for those who founded our football club and their decendents? What a vile statement to make.

It's not even remotely a vile statement. How come all the Polish and Asian people who have chosen Scotland seem to settle in okay and don't embark on some sort of anti British crusade? You don't go to someone elses house and start moving their furniture about!

As for our founders, they had to overcome genuine adversity, not the bollocks you read about on here and Celtic forums, there is a huge difference.

JackRegan
02-03-2010, 08:04 AM

You sign up to it? You'd be in good company. :greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM

I know he did, but the point im making is that to us, that is important, but ot others on the outside not emotionally involved, that will seem sick - in fact, to some fellow Hibs fans on here, it is sick - Getting indignant about the actions of one fan, regardless of what club he supports, is ignorant and stupid.

I notice you didnt respond to the eralier points. Life is just a mass of contradictions eh...?

Antifa Hibs
02-03-2010, 08:35 AM
:confused:
Complete pish IMHO.

Rangers, Celtic or any other team should be able to do whatever they want to whoever they want in the way of presenting strips or whatever without ********s in their [or any other] support getting their knickers in a twist about it. Simon Weston wasn't there to 'support' anything that happened hundreds of years ago in Ireland FFS. He was there to support a charity FFS.

Staggering the amount of bull**** justifications that come out ref the over the water pish [on both sides] on here sometimes... :bitchy:

Well if your gonna bring politics into the stadium by parading soldiers and what have ye, you surely must allow politics into the stands? You can't have it both ways...?

And that Facebook page is embarrassing. Do the sun even go that far looking for murderers and paedophiles? :confused:

Phil MaGlass
02-03-2010, 08:45 AM
This is one of the worst threads I have read on Hibsnet,so I better add my tuppenceworth,ar5ehole moronic s(ell)ick fan/s waving Argentina strip/s should be hung drawn and quartered.Banned from all stadiums,publicly starting with darkheid.
It was a stupid thing to do by der hun,but what can you expect from 2 clubs buried under so much bigotry,it was done for a reaction,no normal thinking club would have done this,they meant to put sellick in a bad light. Everyone knows of the moronic element in these clubs and their pi5h poor histories,EVERYBODY knows there would be a reaction.
If anything der hun should be investigated by the SFA for this,and sellik fined or both clubs having to play behind closed doors next time they face each other.This pi5h should no longer be tolerated of these gruesome twosome baiting each other,and thats all it is.
SFA ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

H18sry
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM

And football and politics meet where? Is it a crime to forgive and forget those who have sinned, A war was declared rightly or wrongly, people lost there life rightly or wrongly, but do we hold that against the nation that we were fighting with for ever? Are Britain and Germany not allies now when 100's of thousands of soldiers lost there life's defending what was they believed was there's by right, we have had German players at ER did you boo them, you currently have a German internationalist playing left back for your team at darkhied do you boo him?

As I said life moves on and I would hate to think there is any Hibs supporter who would act like the low life at Ipox did on Sunday and revel in the fact that a brave soldier nearly lost his life fighting in a war that he probably did not agree with, but then again he was just doing his job, as was I, like I also did during the firemans strike and we manned the green goddesses so dipits like you could sleep in your bed at night safe in the knowledge that if heaven forbid if there was a fire in your home the armed services would come to your rescue wether you supported them or not.

Antifa Hibs
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
This is one of the worst threads I have read on Hibsnet,so I better add my tuppenceworth,ar5ehole moronic s(ell)ick fan/s waving Argentina strip/s should be hung drawn and quartered.Banned from all stadiums,publicly starting with darkheid.
It was a stupid thing to do by der hun,but what can you expect from 2 clubs buried under so much bigotry,it was done for a reaction,no normal thinking club would have done this,they meant to put sellick in a bad light. Everyone knows of the moronic element in these clubs and their pi5h poor histories,EVERYBODY knows there would be a reaction.
If anything der hun should be investigated by the SFA for this,and sellik fined or both clubs having to play behind closed doors next time they face each other.This pi5h should no longer be tolerated of these gruesome twosome baiting each other,and thats all it is.
SFA ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

That sounds just as stupid as The Sun's campaign trying to jail him. OK we know the motives behind it, but the fact is he wore a football strip (a country and strip generally adored in this country) at a football match. What on earth could you jail or ban him for? How could you take this to court? :confused:

Beefster
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
And football and politics meet where? Is it a crime to forgive and forget those who have sinned, A war was declared rightly or wrongly, people lost there life rightly or wrongly, but do we hold that against the nation that we were fighting with for ever? Are Britain and Germany not allies now when 100's of thousands of soldiers lost there life's defending what was they believed was there's by right, we have had German players at ER did you boo them, you currently have a German internationalist playing left back for your team at darkhied do you boo him?

As I said life moves on and I would hate to think there is any Hibs supporter who would act like the low life at Ipox did on Sunday and revel in the fact that a brave soldier nearly lost his life fighting in a war that he probably did not agree with, but then again he was just doing his job, as was I, like I also did during the firemans strike and we manned the green goddesses so dipits like you could sleep in your bed at night safe in the knowledge that if heaven forbid if there was a fire in your home the armed services would come to your rescue wether you supported them or not.

Seeing as JackRegan and co have never needed defending, I'm assuming they had their own set-up to put out any fire in their homes....

Anto the Hibernian
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM
And football and politics meet where?

Is it a crime to forgive and forget those who have sinned, A war was declared rightly or wrongly, people lost there life rightly or wrongly, but do we hold that against the nation that we were fighting with for ever? Are Britain and Germany not allies now when 100's of thousands of soldiers lost there life's defending what was they believed was there's by right, we have had German players at ER did you boo them, you currently have a German internationalist playing left back for your team at darkhied do you boo him?

In the terraces, in the stands, in the boardrooms, on the pitches, in the media & these days on the tinternet! that’s part of what makes football great. It matters; often it’s more than just a game. The old firm politise their clubs when it suits, for revenue, to appease the masses or for good old 'one up man ship' that defines rivalry. Make no mistake - the huns new exactly what they were doing here.

Is it sad that it’s this way? , probably, but that’s Scottish football, that’s what makes the old firm interesting & so 'in demand' ...that’s why it matters,the media cite & provoke moral outrage at this sort of thing, but they LOVE IT, they wanted this to happen, this is what sells & defines the old firm, there raison d’être if you will, why would those with a vested interest in this look to sanitise this relationship?

I think your blowing this particular incident out of proportion, the huns provoked, the daft Celtic fan rose to the bait,there are no new developments here.

JackRegan
02-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Seeing as JackRegan and co have never needed defending, I'm assuming they had their own set-up to put out any fire in their homes....

No, we call the Fire Brigade.

JackRegan
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
[/B]

In the terraces, in the stands, in the boardrooms, on the pitches, in the media & these days on the tinternet! that’s part of what makes football great. It matters; often it’s more than just a game. The old firm politise their clubs when it suits, for revenue, to appease the masses or for good old 'one up man ship' that defines rivalry. Make no mistake - the huns new exactly what they were doing here.

Is it sad that it’s this way? , probably, but that’s Scottish football, that’s what makes the old firm interesting & so 'in demand' ...that’s why it matters,the media cite & provoke moral outrage at this sort of thing, but they LOVE IT, they wanted this to happen, this is what sells & defines the old firm, there raison d’être if you will, why would those with a vested interest in this look to sanitise this relationship?

I think your blowing this particular incident out of proportion, the huns provoked, the daft Celtic fan rose to the bait,there are no new developments here.

:top marks

Beefster
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
No, we call the Fire Brigade.

H18sry was referring to the time when the Fire Brigade was on strike and the Army was covering for them.

Would you have turned them away with some of your 'not in my name' pish?

JackRegan
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
H18sry was referring to the time when the Fire Brigade was on strike and the Army was covering for them.

Would you have turned them away with some of your 'not in my name' pish?

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Tenious. That's me being kind.

Phil MaGlass
02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
That sounds just as stupid as The Sun's campaign trying to jail him. OK we know the motives behind it, but the fact is he wore a football strip (a country and strip generally adored in this country) at a football match. What on earth could you jail or ban him for? How could you take this to court? :confused:

He wasnt wearing it he was waving it like a flag,Im sure there are unobscure laws for antagonising opposite fans and winding them up,we see it every time we go to Glasgow, where our fans are thrown out 1 after the other for absolutely nothing, this had nothing to do with fitba apart from it was a fitba strip,there was only one purpose in waving it about and that was obvious to see.
There is a difference in wearing a strip through some kind of attachment and waving it to prove a political point.

Beefster
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Tenious. That's me being kind.

No need to be kind to me. I'm a big boy.

Five 'smilies' in a row though. Tsk. Even Shaun Lawson kept up the pretence of having some intellect for longer than you did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-03-2010, 11:22 AM
I absolutely despise Celtic, infact I probably hate them more than Rangers and I didn't think that was possible.

I know its nothing to do with the debate on this thread, but, me too! :agree:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM

I didnt realise Ian Murray was a german international?

Football and politics meet everywhere, anyone who thinks that they dont is naive in the extreme.

I will tell you right now, there are Hibs supporters who would act like that, i have seen, heard (and dare i say probably done it myself), why should Hibs supporters not forgive and forget and Mercer?

Should Scotland supporters stop revelling in a player who ripped the pash out of England, to give your tartan army piss ups some meaning because our own team is utterly garbage - and why do we hate England again? I assume its for all very grown up, non political reasons that are completely rational and that no Scotland fan takes to extreme every now and then...of course it is!

Blah blah, why do you ex-army guys think we all owe you some huge debt of gratitude? Wow, you did your job, a job that you volunteered to do, and a job you were paid to do - like every nurse, teacher etc

I didnt ask you to 'fight' for me, you are not some poor conscript who had no choice to fight in defence of his country, you are a grown-up person who made a rational career choice, but now seems to think we should all bow down to your 'glorious sacrifice'.

Why dont you just 'forgive and forget' the celtic jakey then we wont have to have htis debate?

Beefster
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Football and politics meet everywhere, anyone who thinks that they dont is naive in the extreme.

I will tell you right now, there are Hibs supporters who would act like that, i have seen, heard (and dare i say probably done it myself), why should Hibs supporters not forgive and forget and Mercer?

Should Scotland supporters stop revelling in a player who ripped the pash out of England, to give your tartan army piss ups some meaning because our own team is utterly garbage - and why do we hate England again? I assume its for all very grown up, non political reasons that are completely rational and that no Scotland fan takes to extreme every now and then...of course it is!

Blah blah, why do you ex-army guys think we all owe you some huge debt of gratitude? Wow, you did your job, a job that you volunteered to do, and a job you were paid to do - like every nurse, teacher etc

I didnt ask you to 'fight' for me, you are not some poor conscript who had no choice to fight in defence of his country, you are a grown-up person who made a rational career choice, but now seems to think we should all bow down to your 'glorious sacrifice'.

Why dont you just 'forgive and forget' the celtic jakey then we wont have to have htis debate?

Aren't they just asking for a bit of respect?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Possibly, but i never brought that up, it was he who made out i owed him something because he had manned a green goddess during the fire brigade strike.

Maybe its just me, but i didnt realise that was volunteer work that they didnt get paid for...

jacomo
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
He wasnt wearing it he was waving it like a flag,Im sure there are unobscure laws for antagonising opposite fans and winding them up,we see it every time we go to Glasgow, where our fans are thrown out 1 after the other for absolutely nothing, this had nothing to do with fitba apart from it was a fitba strip,there was only one purpose in waving it about and that was obvious to see.
There is a difference in wearing a strip through some kind of attachment and waving it to prove a political point.

Would a tar'n'feather followed by sticking his head on a spike outside the Tower of London be too good for him? :cool2:

I think you've gone a little bit over the top here. The problem is Hibs fans being chucked out of OF matches for nothing, not one eejit waving a shirt about.

StevieC
02-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Putting aside what we have done abroad (which you'll be itching to bring up with some sort of "butchers apron" statement!), where do you think this country would be without an army? Not just the British Army but even before that when people of this country stood up and called themselves soldiers in defence of the nation.

Regardless of whether or not you've ever asked anyone to fight for you, the bottom line is that there are people out there that have put their lives on the line to your benefit.

It's still possible to show respect, even for those that trot out the usual ingrained "Republican" b**ls**t.

Tinyclothes
02-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Putting aside what we have done abroad (which you'll be itching to bring up with some sort of "butchers apron" statement!), where do you think this country would be without an army? Not just the British Army but even before that when people of this country stood up and called themselves soldiers in defence of the nation.

Regardless of whether or not you've ever asked anyone to fight for you, the bottom line is that there are people out there that have put their lives on the line to your benefit.

It's still possible to show respect, even for those that trot out the usual ingrained "Republican" b**ls**t.

Look, FWIW I think the armed forces polarise opinion on one side of the debate or the other. And it is a debate, whether you want it to be or not.

It doesn't help the understanding of either side when one says 'baby killer' and the other 'terrorist sympathiser'. I can relate to both sides of the argument/discussion. I can see that being in the army is a very difficult and often horrific job and that those who witness attrocities get very little help in dealing with that aftermath and on top of that get people personally abusing them for something they had no control over and in no way wanted to witness. However, I can also see Southsides point. Where the manning of the green goddesses is concerned. You shouldn't really be bringing stuff like that up and expecting everyone to thank you. You've been thanked in the form of a paycheque and, I would imagine, by not being shipped out to a warzone to step over bodies for 3-6 months.

Just content yourselves in knowing that there are those who support you and those who don't. Both of sides on this occassion I believe to be arguing from the wrong starting points, but not necessarily from the wrong ideologies.

H18sry
02-03-2010, 01:13 PM

I didnt ask you to 'fight' for me, you are not some poor conscript who had no choice to fight in defense of his country, you are a grown-up person who made a rational career choice, but now seems to think we should all bow down to your 'glorious sacrifice'.

I shall take your points in order to make it easier for you to understand,

Ian Murray is a Hibs player and Scottish international, Andre Hinkel is a German international who plays for your team Celtc [Going by your user name I assume you are a Celtc supporter because no right thinking Hibs supporter would go under a celtc user name]

Who said that I hate England now? I have always had a dislike for them even when I served in the armed forces, its all down to the football rivalry like I have a dislike for Hertz and you know doubt have a dislike for the huns,

I never fought for you, when I joined up in 77 we were not at war with anybody with the exception of the cod war which was never going to end up in life's lost, and as for your glorious sacrifice statement that just goes to show, what your thoughts really mean, sacrifices were made in the 2 world wars by your great grandparents and there friends who fought to stop people like you from speaking German that is what sacrifices are.

Brizo
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Getting back to the OP Simon Westons faced far greater tribulations in his life than most of will ever encounter or could ever imagine. He has faced them with huge bravery and dignity. Given that , id guess he couldnt give a monkeys chuff about a soapy ned waving an Argentina strip at a sporting event he happens to be present at. I would guess that the harrowing experiences hes gone through would allow him to put one soapy neds puerile actions into perspective ..... a sense of perspective thats sadly been missing from Rangers triumphalists , Celtc victimists , the gutter press and various posters on here.

Hibs On Tour
02-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Nurses, Teachers, etc don't put their lives on the line [in general] when they get up for their work in the morning. Hardly apples for apples is it?

What is it they say? You can read so thank a teacher, its in English so thank a soldier?

All of these 'not in my name' types get my goat. They really really do. Soldiers don't decide where they are sent when they enlist - politicians do. Soldiers do their duty and get on with it, even if they personally disagree which I am sure many do. Lots of them die for their committment to their duty and their country over their own needs, desires and beliefs.

So, stop talking pash!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Nurses, Teachers, etc don't put their lives on the line [in general] when they get up for their work in the morning. Hardly apples for apples is it?

What is it they say? You can read so thank a teacher, its in English so thank a soldier?

All of these 'not in my name' types get my goat. They really really do. Soldiers don't decide where they are sent when they enlist - politicians do. Soldiers do their duty and get on with it, even if they personally disagree which I am sure many do. Lots of them die for their committment to their duty and their country over their own needs, desires and beliefs.

So, stop talking pash!

Im not a 'not in my name' guy, i just hate the whole Sun/tabloid/our brave boys bull that gets rammed down our throat. A professional soldier is not the same as the huge conscript armies that fought for our freedom in WWII and thought they were in WWI.

The whole 'i didnt ask you to fight' thing comes from the fact that a soldier now, CHOOSES that career as an option, he gets paid, he gets trained, etc because that is the job he chose.

Now im not saying soldiers are not brave, im sure many are, but they chose a career, and guys like the previous poster seem to think i owe him some sort of debt of gratitude because he manned a green goddess. Following orders for money to play fireman sam is not quite Band of Brothers, and excuse me for not using the Sun to guide my morals.

I am very proud of what my family did during the war, but lets not pretend that invading Iraq or fighting an unwinnable war trying to 'pacify' Afghanistan are the same thing, because they are not. And i know that soldiers dont choose where they get sent, but they do sign their lives over to the whims of politicians when they CHOOSE to join up.

I am not anti-army, just anti-sanctimonious, tabloid cheer leading, government propoganda swallowing masses who come over all patriotic when they think they should, but then join campaigns arguing against a football team representing the great nation that they signed up to fight, kill and die for.

Anyway, this was never about the army, or my feelings for or against it, it is about the fact that i think getting all worked up about a celtic fan waving an Argentina top is hypocritical and sad.

Im sure the guy is absolutely delighted with the reaction he has got...

Westie1875
02-03-2010, 08:22 PM
You could not have done well in the interpretation bit of your English exam, as nowhere have I defended him.

My point is the guys is obviously a clown, but his actions have DELIGHTED the press and the huns and those who like to wallow in faux outrage.

the two points I make are not mutually exclusive.

Read my post again, I said that you making excuses and pointing the finger at the huns suggests you are defending it. The guy wasn't forced to do anything.

PS - I got an A, but that has nothing to do with this. Pathetic. :asshole:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM

If you read the thread mate, i hope that you will see that i have not spouted any republican bullsh~t and that i was not disrespectful, especially about the army stuff, until others started bringing it up - personally i dont think it is really relevant, but if you are going to verbally beat folk over the head with your service, then you should be prepared to take some back.

I am not anti-army, i just dont see how sleeping in my bed while somebody does their job makes me a 'dipit'.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2010, 08:38 PM
good one...[/B]

Ian Murray is a Hibs player and Scottish international, Andre Hinkel is a German international who plays for your team Celtc [Going by your user name I assume you are a Celtc supporter because no right thinking Hibs supporter would go under a celtc user name]

OK then

Who said that I hate England now? I have always had a dislike for them even when I served in the armed forces, its all down to the football rivalry like I have a dislike for Hertz and you know doubt have a dislike for the huns,

I should have clarified, i just assumed you would know that i meant hate england in a football context, and im guessing being a member of the Church of Mardona, probably england's greatest ever hate figure, is not the action of an anglophile.

And why no team GB? I would have thought that fighting for britain would make you proud of Britain?

I never fought for you, when I joined up in 77 we were not at war with anybody with the exception of the cod war which was never going to end up in life's lost, and as for your glorious sacrifice statement that just goes to show, what your thoughts really mean, sacrifices were made in the 2 world wars by your great grandparents and there friends who fought to stop people like you from speaking German that is what sacrifices are.

You know nothing about me and my family and what they did or didnt do in the wars. Like i have said, i am not anti-army or anti-soldier, but you ramming down your stint on the green goddesses (which i assume you were paid for and more importantly ordered to do by your superiors) is, in mu humble opinion, a bit pathetic.

One Day Soon
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
You sir, are a cock.

You asked a smart-arsed question and got it bounced right back in your lap and instead of taking it on the chin come out with pish like that. GFY and get back over to Kerrydale St with the rest of the ******s.

You kindly applauded one of my posts and said it expressed things better than you could have managed but I beg to differ. Regan is as you say, a cock. He comes on here rolls around spouting complete pi5h and then runs away when confronted with the truth.

He should be banned for being a) a Troll, b) a Celtc apologist and c) full of absolute 5hit

One Day Soon
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
You know nothing about me and my family and what they did or didnt do in the wars. Like i have said, i am not anti-army or anti-soldier, but you ramming down your stint on the green goddesses (which i assume you were paid for and more importantly ordered to do by your superiors) is, in mu humble opinion, a bit pathetic.

I don't say this lightly but I think you're being a bit of a tw4t about this.

If you don't think there is a distinction between public sector workers who put their lives on the line and those who don't, regardless of whether they volunteered or not, then I suggest you need to have a longer think about it.

vahibbie
02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
You kindly applauded one of my posts and said it expressed things better than you could have managed but I beg to differ. Regan is as you say, a cock. He comes on here rolls around spouting complete pi5h and then runs away when confronted with the truth.

He should be banned for being a) a Troll, b) a Celtc apologist and c) full of absolute 5hit

And take the other one with him:agree:

One Day Soon
02-03-2010, 09:21 PM
And take the other one with him:agree:

Yes, not so much ugly sisters as ugly twins.

StevieC
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
A professional soldier is not the same as the huge conscript armies that fought for our freedom in WWII and thought they were in WWI.

The British Expeditionary Force that was sent to France to stand up against the invading German Army were soldiers. What do you think might have happened if we (and other countries) didn't have an army in place? The conscript armies that followed (whilst the regular soldiers prepared for the defence of the country from invasion) were a necessity in order to defend the country. They chose to do so.

Whilst the current army may not be a requirement to protect us from the threat of invasion it is certainly a requirement, along with our neighbours, to uphold certain values we believe in.

The fact that politicions have the ability to abuse this to their own ends should not detract from the need for countries to have a certain level of protection.

The whole 'i didnt ask you to fight' thing comes from the fact that a soldier now, CHOOSES that career as an option, he gets paid, he gets trained, etc because that is the job he chose.

A policemen chooses to fight crime. A fireman chooses to fight fires. A deep sea diver chooses to work off oil platforms. A doorman chooses to maintain order in clubs.
All professions that have varying levels of danger attached to them and all do jobs that benefit society.
Whether or not you want to do their job, or agree with what they do, it's not hard to see how they can contribute and how a little bit of respect can be afforded.

I am not anti-army, just anti-sanctimonious, tabloid cheer leading, government propoganda swallowing masses who come over all patriotic when they think they should, but then join campaigns arguing against a football team representing the great nation that they signed up to fight, kill and die for.

But what has that got to do with individual soldiers, or the requirement to have at least some sort of defence for our country?

StevieC
02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
If you read the thread mate, i hope that you will see that i have not spouted any republican bullsh~t and that i was not disrespectful, especially about the army stuff, until others started bringing it up - personally i dont think it is really relevant, but if you are going to verbally beat folk over the head with your service, then you should be prepared to take some back.

I am not anti-army, i just dont see how sleeping in my bed while somebody does their job makes me a 'dipit'.

Not read the whole thread, simply picked up on a post I disagreed with and posted my point of view.

Cant see how I'm beating anyone over the head with my service .. consideringing I've never served!! Into Ferranti at 16, made redundant at 25, self-employed alarm engineer since. No service, but I have the ability to respect what soldiers do and recognise their contributions over many years putting their lives on the line in protection of others.

While we all sleep tonight there will be firemen and policemen risking their lives for the safety of others. Why single out soldiers as anything different .. other than years of being told that your upbringing means that you should hate the army and anything classed as British.

Not sure who called you a "dipit", it wasn't me.

ArabHibee
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Not read the whole thread, simply picked up on a post I disagreed with and posted my point of view.

Cant see how I'm beating anyone over the head with my service .. consideringing I've never served!! Into Ferranti at 16, made redundant at 25, self-employed alarm engineer since. No service, but I have the ability to respect what soldiers do and recognise their contributions over many years putting their lives on the line in protection of others.

While we all sleep tonight there will be firemen and policemen risking their lives for the safety of others. Why single out soldiers as anything different .. other than years of being told that your upbringing means that you should hate the army and anything classed as British.

Personally don't think that the polis put their "lives on the line" everytime they go to work, but that's a thread for another time. Agree with the rest of your post though.

StevieC
02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Personally don't think that the polis put their "lives on the line" everytime they go to work, but that's a thread for another time. Agree with the rest of your post though.

Certainly not all of the policemen all of the time but I suppose it often depends on where they are working. I don't think that the anti-stab vests worn in some of the bigger cities are just to keep them warm.

And some of those high speed car chases (that always seem to finish up with an abandoned car in a Sheffield council estate) look a bit "hairy".

JackRegan
03-03-2010, 08:25 AM

What truths? By the way, i don't recall you ever "giving me my dinner" on here.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-03-2010, 08:33 AM

That is exactly my point, i dont think soldiers should be singled out as anything different - and if a fireman, policeman etc was debating on a thread with me, then made some comment about how i should respect him more because he puts out fires/catches criminals etc then i would have made the same points back to him.

H18sry
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
That is exactly my point, i dont think soldiers should be singled out as anything different - and if a fireman, policeman etc was debating on a thread with me, then made some comment about how i should respect him more because he puts out fires/catches criminals etc then i would have made the same points back to him.

So if a fireman or policeman lose there life, or are badly disfigured, in the line of duty, you would not be pi$$ed off if somebody at your ground, taunted them:confused:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-03-2010, 12:10 PM
So if a fireman or policeman lose there life, or are badly disfigured, in the line of duty, you would not be pi$$ed off if somebody at your ground, taunted them:confused:

Ok, as an example, a random fireman who was badly disfigured was presented to the crowd at Easter Road in a derby, and a couple of Hearts fans disrupted it in some way (because of some perceived slight, or Hibbyness or whatever), then i would think 'what a couple of clowns' - i would disagree with them, think it was in bad taste, maybe even sick.

However, what i wouldnt do, is slate the entire Hearts support for it, and get all indigant about it, because football fans do things like that - and i know that if the situation was reversed, some Hibs fans would likely do the same.

That was my original point, one set of football fans getting indignant and on their moral high horse about another is hypocritical and WILL backfire, because all clubs have fans who, in the right (or wrong) circumstances will act like that.

As an example, take Hibs fans singing 'the sheep are on fire' a couple of weeks ago - in pretty bad taste, but entirely predictable. and no Sun front page to tell people they should be offended by it.

Should aberdeen fans get on their high horse? Well no, because they have plenty of fans who will sing about the Ibrox disaster...and so it goes, round in circles, given ample lubrication by the phoney outrage expressed by our tabloid newspapers and mindlessly regurgitated by hypocritical, mock-indignant fans who fein shock and disgust, and so it goes....

Beefster
03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok, as an example, a random fireman who was badly disfigured was presented to the crowd at Easter Road in a derby, and a couple of Hearts fans disrupted it in some way (because of some perceived slight, or Hibbyness or whatever), then i would think 'what a couple of clowns' - i would disagree with them, think it was in bad taste, maybe even sick.

However, what i wouldnt do, is slate the entire Hearts support for it, and get all indigant about it, because football fans do things like that - and i know that if the situation was reversed, some Hibs fans would likely do the same.

That was my original point, one set of football fans getting indignant and on their moral high horse about another is hypocritical and WILL backfire, because all clubs have fans who, in the right (or wrong) circumstances will act like that.

As an example, take Hibs fans singing 'the sheep are on fire' a couple of weeks ago - in pretty bad taste, but entirely predictable. and no Sun front page to tell people they should be offended by it.

Should aberdeen fans get on their high horse? Well no, because they have plenty of fans who will sing about the Ibrox disaster...and so it goes, round in circles, given ample lubrication by the phoney outrage expressed by our tabloid newspapers and mindlessly regurgitated by hypocritical, mock-indignant fans who fein shock and disgust, and so it goes....

Isn't more to do with the fact that the Celtc support, as a whole, manage to disgrace themselves time after time after time?

If they're not singing sectarian songs, they're impersonating aeroplanes for the benefit of an American, straight after 9/11 or they're booing and singing rebel songs during a Rememberance Day silence or holding up Argentina strips for the attention of a Falklands War veteran.

Just a thought.

scotcha
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
they're impersonating aeroplanes for the benefit of an American, straight after 9/11

is this another fantasy you have made up as i don't remember that... esp since that's where all the money came from during the troubles. Oh and don't post up a link of one person doing it as i am sure i can post a hundred more with rangers fans doing the same!!!

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 02:14 PM
they're impersonating aeroplanes for the benefit of an American, straight after 9/11

is this another fantasy you have made up as i don't remember that... esp since that's where all the money came from during the troubles. Oh and don't post up a link of one person doing it as i am sure i can post a hundred more with rangers fans doing the same!!!

No it's not.
Only if Celtic had an American playing for them at the time.
:bye:

Hibby D
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM

:confused: So what you're saying here is that the Celtic fans wouldn't and couldn't possibly disrespect an american football player plying his trade with Rangers because they (the Celtic fans) owe them (the yanks) a massive debt of gratitude for lining the pockets of the IRA throughout the conflicts? Is that right? :dunno:

Christ I hope I'm wrong :faint:

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
:confused: So what you're saying here is that the Celtic fans wouldn't and couldn't possibly disrespect an american football player plying his trade with Rangers because they (the Celtic fans) owe them (the yanks) a massive debt of gratitude for lining the pockets of the IRA throughout the conflicts? Is that right? :dunno:

Christ I hope I'm wrong :faint:

Unfortunately I think you're not D.
This board makes incredible reading sometimes, not always positive:bitchy:

boomtownhibby
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm going to assume that you are quite young. Because that is just an extermely stupid thing to say. :bitchy:

i am going to assume that you are a bawbag . i don't dislike the man ,simply dont see him as a 'hero' do you like ?

scotcha
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
no i am pointing out a ridicolous "fact" that has been said.

This is something the tabloids would have jumped on, but yet we have heard nothing of it!!!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Isn't more to do with the fact that the Celtc support, as a whole, manage to disgrace themselves time after time after time?

If they're not singing sectarian songs, they're impersonating aeroplanes for the benefit of an American, straight after 9/11 or they're booing and singing rebel songs during a Rememberance Day silence or holding up Argentina strips for the attention of a Falklands War veteran.

Just a thought.

Maybe, but one guy holding an argentina top, and one guy (if i recall) doing an aeroplane out of aggregate crowds of 14,000 doesnt seem too bad a problem.

I am not apologising for celtic, lets take our favourite jambos as an example:
Booing a minutes silence for Pope
Singing about Deanos one yak

Im sure we could think of many other occasions when some of them have acted-up - i am also sure that they could and would do likewise.

Surely any football fan can see that all clubs have bampots in the crowd (or even guys who just do stupid things in the moment), and as Hibs fans, given our reputaiton for violence over the last 30 years, given that i can remember a fan invading the pitch and punching Robbo, a fan invading the pitch and attacking a linesman, numerous 'missile throwing' episodes, singing about the Don who almost burnt to death, haveing numerous ditties about a dead former Chairman, and that great advert for Hibernian that was Bolton in the summer, maybe some of Hibbies should come down from their high horse?

Are old firm fans bad? Of course they are, but an incident like this is just as likely to occur with any other club i reckon.

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 05:09 PM

This is something the tabloids would have jumped on, but yet we have heard nothing of it!!!

I get the "ridicolous" bit. It's the rest of the post that's confusing:confused:

vahibbie
03-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Maybe, but one guy holding an argentina top, and one guy (if i recall) doing an aeroplane out of aggregate crowds of 14,000 doesnt seem too bad a problem.

Im sure we could think of many other occasions when some of them have acted-up - i am also sure that they could and would do likewise.

Surely any football fan can see that all clubs have bampots in the crowd (or even guys who just do stupid things in the moment), and as Hibs fans, given our reputaiton for violence over the last 30 years, given that i can remember a fan invading the pitch and punching Robbo, a fan invading the pitch and attacking a linesman, numerous 'missile throwing' episodes, singing about the Don who almost burnt to death, haveing numerous ditties about a dead former Chairman, and that great advert for Hibernian that was Bolton in the summer, maybe some of Hibbies should come down from their high horse?

Are old firm fans bad? Of course they are, but an incident like this is just as likely to occur with any other club i reckon.

Bhoy, for a Hibby you're no slow at coming to the defence of the great unwashed.

MrSmith
03-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Agree on some points but...Celtic are continually pulling the 'We are completely discriminated against' card and it is really boring!

I recall leaving Celtic Park in a bus of which was half wrecked due to the violent nature of their support, I remember being spat on and called an orange ******* in Celtic Park - disgusting! I recall being attacked outside Celtic Park, I recall the amount of cheating orchestrated by Celtic home and away and to top it all off...I recall standing on the East Terrace (Rest her soul in peace!) when a CS gas bomb went off watching my mates and fellow fans choking and gasping for air as an old fella died in the tunnel to a chant of "You're not singing anymore hibee **** was being sung around the away end!

I'm sorry but the Celtic support are the single most putrid bunch on the planet - you all hate us! well yes! you all discriminate us! well no! you're all protestants and hate us for being Catholics! well firstly I'm only a protestant because the Catholic church deemed this as I have no religion and secondly I couldn't care one bit about religion! And...shall we discuss the 'paranoid conspiracy theory' which has seen referees followed and their homes vandalized; referees threatened, Rangers players cars and property vandalized and various under-cover detective work taking place in order to ascertain an individuals religious and moral standings in relation to a football team!!

Geezo! I have hardly scratched the surface but get the picture?

Hibby D
03-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Bhoy, for a Hibby you're no slow at coming to the defence of the great unwashed.

Nor at slating his own :bitchy:

scotcha - are you a Hibby?

Haymaker
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM

I remember it, IIRC Claudio Reyna was going to take a corner and some muppet stood up and made an aeroplane gesture.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2010, 09:59 PM

No it's not another fantasy, unfortunately.

Another (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1572616.stm) case of exemplary behaviour from the "greatest fans in the world". :bitchy:

ArabHibee
03-03-2010, 10:16 PM
i am going to assume that you are a bawbag . i don't dislike the man ,simply dont see him as a 'hero' do you like ?

Bawbag? I've been called worse. I've quoted you below in case you forgot what you said:

I never said he was a hero of mine. I've put the bit in bold that I take umbrage at. Care to expand on your diatribe?

Beefster
03-03-2010, 11:12 PM

FalkirkHibee's already kindly posted the BBC link with the story but, don't worry, I'll forgive your ignorance.

If you can find a story about 100 Rangers fans doing it too, I'd love to see it.

Lucius Apuleius
04-03-2010, 04:51 AM
I guess the way to get people to appreciate what the forces do for us is to bring back National Service.