PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Smith - something went on with Saints players in the warm up

The Sea-gull
01-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Read a line in a report from one of the papers (was online and can't find it now) that stated something a long the lines of Smith exchanging words with some Saints players during the warm up before yesterday's game.

Can't find any threads on here about it.

Anyone aware of what, if anything, actually happened?

lapsedhibee
01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Read a line in a report from one of the papers (was online and can't find it now) that stated something a long the lines of Smith exchanging words with some Saints players during the warm up before yesterday's game.

Anyone aware of what, if anything, actually happened?

Smith knew he wasn't getting on and brought his Travel Scrabble to while away the 90 mins. A Saintee sub did the same and they swapped lists of what words get you the best scores using a combination of triple-letter and double-word.

Hibee_Lisa
01-03-2010, 11:00 AM
They were none to happy as he was standing near their little bounce game,thought they were smart by kicking the ball he was receiving away all the time. Had a few words with some of their players and had to be pulled away.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Smith knew he wasn't getting on and brought his Travel Scrabble to while away the 90 mins. A Saintee sub did the same and they swapped lists of what words get you the best scores using a combination of triple-letter and double-word.

THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! PETRIE! :grr:

Peevemor
01-03-2010, 11:16 AM
THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! PETRIE! :grr:

You'd probably get more points for execrable or iniquitous. :greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
They were none to happy as he was standing near their little bounce game,thought they were smart by kicking the ball he was receiving away all the time. Had a few words with some of their players and had to be pulled away.Saw that as well but why was he down their end anyway?

Hibee_Lisa
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Saw that as well but why was he down their end anyway?

Mayby the goalkeeping coach had instructed him to go down the field a little,don't think he meant right in their half though:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM

Our keepers always go into the other half when practising/receiving kicks during the warm up.

Bad Martini
01-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Strictly speaking, its his/our end...possession is 9/10ths of the law and we possess Easter Road. :greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Strictly speaking, its his/our end...possession is 9/10ths of the law and we possess Easter Road. :greengrin:greengrin Aye you're right - Smith should have just shouted for backup and challenged them St bawbags to a big square-go in the middle of the park! :take that

Keith_M
01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
:greengrin Aye you're right - Smith should have just shouted for backup and challenged them St bawbags to a big square-go in the middle of the park! :take that

Bad idea for Hibs, going by the size of the players the respective teams had in the middle of the park.

:greengrin

Speaking of which, when did Bobo Balde sign for the Saintees? I'm sure I saw him in their back line!

Bayern Bru
01-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Speaking of which, when did Bobo Balde sign for the Saintees? I'm sure I saw him in their back line!

:tsk tsk::greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
01-03-2010, 02:22 PM
the teams get half the pitch each for warming up and their players came onto our side, Smith told them to b*gger off

greenlex
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM
the teams get half the pitch each for warming up and their players came onto our side, Smith told them to b*gger off

Was defo the other way round. We were on their side and they were not happy.

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2010, 02:30 PM

:faf:

I love Scrabble. Ironically the best score anyone could get was 1-1. Broken Britain or what? :grr:

RoYO!
01-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Bad idea for Hibs, going by the size of the players the respective teams had in the middle of the park.

:greengrin

ask nish, the boy carries him around in his back pocket.

woody47
01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Happens every week with keepers for BOTH teams. They practice long kick outs so Smith was right to tell them to take one. :thumbsup:
AND ANYWAY ITS OUR FERKING GROUND!!!!!