PDA

View Full Version : New look team

bringbackjoeT!!
28-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I think it is time for a wee shake up in both the players and tactics, teams are figuring us out we are becoming for too predictable and starting to resort to long ball tactics. We are lacking any kind of width and are looking literally really short in the centre of midfield, i believe it is time to move wotherspoon onto the wing and give galbraith a chance, here are a couple of possible solutions to fit them in-

1. Thicot Hogg Hanlon Murray
Spoony Miller McBride Galbraith
............Zemmama................
..............Stokes.................

2. Thicot Hogg Hanlon Murray
...............McBride...............
..Spoony Miller Bamba Galbraith
...............Stokes.................

3. Murray Hogg Bamba Hanlon
..Spoony Miller McBride Galbraith
..........Stokes Riordan.............

GlesgaeHibby
28-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I think it is time for a wee shake up in both the players and tactics, teams are figuring us out we are becoming for too predictable and starting to resort to long ball tactics. We are lacking any kind of width and are looking literally really short in the centre of midfield, i believe it is time to move wotherspoon onto the wing and give galbraith a chance, here are a couple of possible solutions to fit them in-

Thicot and Murray are not Right backs, and never will be.

MyJo
28-02-2010, 08:42 PM
:agree: Yogi needs to stop with the 4-3-3 as we're being far too easily outmuscled and outplayed in midfield now that teams have worked out how we're going to line up and how to play against us. I'd like to see us line up like this next week:

_________________Smith

McCormack____Hogg____Hanlon____Murray

___________McBride____Bamba
Wotherspoon____________________Miller

____________Stokes___Riordan

subs: Stack, Thicot, Zemmama, Benji, Rankin, Gow, Cregg

fife hfc
28-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Yoy're right about a change in formation required as Stokes is isolated and we have no width whatsoever. we should revert to a conventional 4-4-2

Stack
McCann,Bamba,Hanlon,Murray
Wotherspoon,Mcbride,Miller,Zemmama (told to keep the width)
Stokes,Riordan

Next week with Miller out and if Mcbride is injured I would go for a midfield two of Bamba and Wotherspoon with Zemmama swithing to the right flank and galbraith coming in on the left (hogg replacing Bamba at centre half).

Then again we need bamba at the back to cope with Kyle so maybe Hanlon in at left back and Murray in midfield.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I posted this on Friday and I still hold to it:

Stack

Hogg Hanlon

Bamba

Spoon Zouma McBride Miller Murray

Deek Stokes

.Sean.
28-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Wouldn't it be an idea to include a goalie?

500miles
28-02-2010, 09:09 PM
It was Yogi "shaking up" a working system that started off the run of poor results. While he was right to drop Riordan who wasn't offering much, removing our only physical presence up front was a bad move. Our first choice XI should be...

.......................Smith
.Wotherspoon.Hogg.Hanlon.Murray
.....................McBride
.........Miller...................Rankin
.................Nish.....Zemmama
......................Stokes

Scotthibs1875
28-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I posted this on Friday and I still hold to it:

Stack

Hogg Hanlon

Bamba

Spoon Zouma McBride Miller Murray

Deek Stokes
is that a typing error or have you genuinely got 2 at the back:faf:

boomtownhibby
28-02-2010, 10:27 PM
is that a typing error or have you genuinely got 2 at the back:faf:

I hope its a typing error :faf:

Iain G
28-02-2010, 10:43 PM
------------Smith
McCann Hogg Bamba Hanlon
----------McBride
Wotherspoon Miller Zemmama
-------Stokes Gow

The_Horde
01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Stack/Smith/Brown

Mccormack Hogg Bamba Murray

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Zemmama

Stokes Nish

Then, if it's not working we have players like Riordan, Benji, Gow and even Galbraith who can ALL come on and change a game with a touch of class.

I feel that maybe simplicity is the way to get us back on track, playing a simple 4-4-2 and a hard working 11 with enough class in Miller, Zouma, Stokes and Wotherspoon to hopefully get the ball down and dominate possession the way we should.

f*** trying to play everybody at their game, stick to what WE do best.. play ball.

scoopyboy
01-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Yoy're right about a change in formation required as Stokes is isolated and we have no width whatsoever. we should revert to a conventional 4-4-2

Stack
McCann,Bamba,Hanlon,Murray
Wotherspoon,Mcbride,Miller,Zemmama (told to keep the width)
Stokes,Riordan

Next week with Miller out and if Mcbride is injured I would go for a midfield two of Bamba and Wotherspoon with Zemmama swithing to the right flank and galbraith coming in on the left (hogg replacing Bamba at centre half).

Then again we need bamba at the back to cope with Kyle so maybe Hanlon in at left back and Murray in midfield.

Is Miller out next week?

I think McBride was a head knock so I would hope for him to be ok.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 07:41 AM
------------Smith
McCann Hogg Bamba Hanlon
----------McBride
Wotherspoon Miller Zemmama
-------Stokes Gow

No Ian Murray !! :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2010, 07:43 AM
No Ian Murray !! :bitchy:

Ian Murray's been off the boil the last few weeks IMO. Still don't know if I'd drop him mind you but he's definitely not been at his best.