PDA

View Full Version : BBC - Hibs v St.J Highlights

sunshine1875
28-02-2010, 08:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8542083.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8542083.stm)

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Defo red for the keeper.

basehibby
01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Defo red for the keeper.

:agree: which more than likely affected the outcome.

Got to say though that discounting that injustice, St J were well worth their point.

18Craig75
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Derek is looking really low on confidence at the moment. Didn't realise at the game but it looks from the highlights like he didn't have to go around the keeper and he could have just slid the ball past him.

Not the end of the world. After 3 straight defeats I kind of feel it was more important not to get beat than it was to win. Hopefully we can now build on this and have a strong finish!

Jonnyboy
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Defo red for the keeper.

Agreed and defo a pen for the Sainties

Toaods
01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Derek is looking really low on confidence at the moment. Didn't realise at the game but it looks from the highlights like he didn't have to go around the keeper and he could have just slid the ball past him.

a month or so ago he would have simply rattled it into the net as if a keeper wasn't even on the park. His confidence does look down, but not to worry, quality always rises above mediocrity....'mon Deeks stick one in the basket on Saturday and comeover and give me a bow (up behind the bench)...... I'll be the one standing applauding, nodding my head saying that's what we're here to see...:thumbsup:

AgentDaleCooper
02-03-2010, 12:28 AM
have to say, nish looked like he played alright, made a couple of chances for himself, great linkup play with stokes to win the penalty.

deek also seemed to make a couple of things happen, got in some great positions but seemed to be lacking confidence in front of goal...

like i said, that was from 5 minutes of footage - but it seemed like we could have easily won it.

over the 90 we might have been crud but it seemed like there were flashes of the real hibs in there...

:dunno:

just a question - if it hadn't been for the rather more dire results previously, would there still be so much doom and gloom? (this is a genuine question, as i said i have no idea what we played like for the whole game)

Nando™
02-03-2010, 12:48 AM
After replaying a small part of the video about 30 times I still don't think the ball hit Miller's arm.

monktonharp
02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
have to say, nish looked like he played alright, made a couple of chances for himself, great linkup play with stokes to win the penalty.

deek also seemed to make a couple of things happen, got in some great positions but seemed to be lacking confidence in front of goal...

like i said, that was from 5 minutes of footage - but it seemed like we could have easily won it.

over the 90 we might have been crud but it seemed like there were flashes of the real hibs in there...

:dunno:

just a question - if it hadn't been for the rather more dire results previously, would there still be so much doom and gloom? (this is a genuine question, as i said i have no idea what we played like for the whole game)was at the game,but got in too late to see our penalty,therefor missed any good play from Nish.if he made any,sfter the peno,must have been when Iwas at the bogs,for a last time.:yawn:

Cool_Hand_Luke
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
I watched their penalty incident about 5 times...and i still cant see the ball hitting Millers hand...looks to me it hits him square in the chest :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
I watched their penalty incident about 5 times...and i still cant see the ball hitting Millers hand...looks to me it hits him square in the chest :agree:

i thought it hit him there as well :agree: but if pat nevin said it was a penalty it must have been :boo hoo:

off topic a bit now, but....... anyone watch the bigotfest game ? that lafferty must be THEE biggest cheat in scottish football now, closely followed by one kenny miller :bitchy:

J-C
02-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Watched the Hibs penalty again and must admit the ref got the yellow card for their goalie right, there was a man back tso he wasn't last man.

Still think it was ball against man for their penalty though.

RIP
02-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Colin was the man of the match in yet another game where Yogi unadvisedly played hoofball against a team of giants.

His fitness has come on in leaps and bounds under Yogi but is still a stone and half light to be an effective target man against the likes of Dewberry, Concalves or Darren Dods.

By 70 minutes he looked like a middleweight that had gone ten rounds with a heavyweight.

Yogi simply didn't have another big target man to replace him with

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Watched the Hibs penalty again and must admit the ref got the yellow card for their goalie right, there was a man back tso he wasn't last man.

I don't think there's anything in the rules about "last man"

ahibby
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I can't actually see it hitting his arm. His arms were up but from behind the goals in slo mo definitely looks like it's his chest the ball hits and not his arm. Ref got it wrong?

Hibbyradge
02-03-2010, 09:53 AM

There is no such thing as a "last man" rule. The keeper denied Nish a clear goal scoring opportunity, therefore it should have been a sending off.

If there was a last man rule, few people would ever get a red card cos usually there is a man on the goal line. The Keeper.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Laws of the game. (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=719)

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct.

Sending off offences.

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any
of the following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply
to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent
moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a
free kick or a penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match

Interpretation

Referees should consider the following circumstances when deciding
whether to send off a player for denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring
opportunity:
• the distance between the offence and the goal
• the likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
• the direction of the play
• the location and number of defenders
• the offence which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity may be an offence that incurs a direct free kick or an
indirect free kick

If a player is one one one with the goalie and is fouled by a defender, the defender would be sent off.

On Saturday, Nish was round the keeper so how can a single defender be more likely to stop a goal than a goalkeeper?

Liberal Hibby
02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I dunno - I watched the highlights last night after the pub so I may have not seen the incident clearly, but I thought contact was pretty minimal and Nish went down too easily. On another day it wouldn't have been a penalty and the only booking would have been for Nish.

Broken Gnome
02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Last season when Balogh brought down Fletcher he was sent off, despite being 30 yards from goal with Hearts players just about getting back. If that was a sending off, then so was this. Relatively speaking, if the keeper is out of the game giving a striker a free shot on goal from ten yards with only one defender capable of blocking a shot, you can't get much more of a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Keith_M
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
was at the game,but got in too late to see our penalty,therefor missed any good play from Nish.if he made any,sfter the peno,must have been when Iwas at the bogs,for a last time.:yawn:

Nish actually created a couple of chances, one that put Deek one-on-one with the Goalie. He also broke up a few StJ chances in defence.

I agree, though, that he wasn't very effective against their centre half for a lot of the game but most of the team struggled against their respective opponents.

FWIW, I wouldn't mind having Dueberry (sp) in our side.

Part/Time Supporter
02-03-2010, 11:02 AM
There is no such thing as a "last man" rule. The keeper denied Nish a clear goal scoring opportunity, therefore it should have been a sending off.

If there was a last man rule, few people would ever get a red card cos usually there is a man on the goal line. The Keeper.

:agree:

Even Fergie, that well known critic of his own players, admitted that Vidic could have been sent off (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8542092.stm) for a similar incident in the Carling Cup Final.

:greengrin

--------
02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Last season when Balogh brought down Fletcher he was sent off, despite being 30 yards from goal with Hearts players just about getting back. If that was a sending off, then so was this. Relatively speaking, if the keeper is out of the game giving a striker a free shot on goal from ten yards with only one defender capable of blocking a shot, you can't get much more of a clear goalscoring opportunity.

It used to be said that if you wanted to nail someone really hard, you should do it in the first five minutes, because a referee is always very unwilling to send a player off so early in the game. This is a case in pont, I think.

Nish was brought down illegally when he was in a position to shoot on goal. Penalty and red card - end of. But then another referee did exactly the same thing on Sunday afternoon at Wembley, again, very early in the game.

As for their penalty, I have the distinct impression that Miller arm is up because he's trying to avoid handling the ball, and it looks to me as if it hits him either square in the chest, or up in that hollow just below the ball of his shoulder. And that the ball played him, rather than the other way around.

Two incidents, two decisions, both decisions heavily weighted against us, IMO. We seem to be always playing 11 against 14 these days.

Keith_M
02-03-2010, 11:12 AM
It used to be said that if you wanted to nail someone really hard, you should do it in the first five minutes, because a referee is always very unwilling to send a player off so early in the game. This is a case in pont, I think.

:agree:

That dirty wee barsteward, Kenny Black, formerly of Hearts and Airdrie, used to nail the opponents best player as early in the game as possible, safe in the knowledge that he'd rarely even get a booking for his trouble. I remember him even doing this against Raith at Starks Park immediately after kick off.

Jonnyboy
02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
After replaying a small part of the video about 30 times I still don't think the ball hit Miller's arm.

I can't actually see it hitting his arm. His arms were up but from behind the goals in slo mo definitely looks like it's his chest the ball hits and not his arm. Ref got it wrong?

Miller has since said the ball did indeed hit his arm

Nando™
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Miller has since said the ball did indeed hit his arm
Bugger, I couldnae manage to get the highlights in slow-mo, hence the 30-odd replays. All for nought :grr:

J-C
02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Laws of the game. (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=719)

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct.

Sending off offences.

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any
of the following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply
to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent
moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a
free kick or a penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match

Interpretation

Referees should consider the following circumstances when deciding
whether to send off a player for denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring
opportunity:
• the distance between the offence and the goal
• the likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
• the direction of the play
• the location and number of defenders
• the offence which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity may be an offence that incurs a direct free kick or an
indirect free kick

If a player is one one one with the goalie and is fouled by a defender, the defender would be sent off.

On Saturday, Nish was round the keeper so how can a single defender be more likely to stop a goal than a goalkeeper?

Fair enough about the ruling, from the East it looked a stone wall red card, if it's down to interpretation then the ref bottled it again, thanks for clearing that up. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Nish was brought down illegally when he was in a position to shoot on goal. Penalty and red card - end of. But then another referee did exactly the same thing on Sunday afternoon at Wembley, again, very early in the game.

As for their penalty, I have the distinct impression that Miller arm is up because he's trying to avoid handling the ball, and it looks to me as if it hits him either square in the chest, or up in that hollow just below the ball of his shoulder. And that the ball played him, rather than the other way around.

Two incidents, two decisions, both decisions heavily weighted against us, IMO. We seem to be always playing 11 against 14 these days.

April 1971, East End Park. Erich Schaedler played at centre forward as the Pars had John Cushley at centre half and he took pleasure in damaging people. Barely a minute of the game had passed when Erich and Cushley clashed in a challenge. Cushley was hardly seen again in the remaining 89 minutes :greengrin

Toaods
06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
a month or so ago he would have simply rattled it into the net as if a keeper wasn't even on the park. His confidence does look down, but not to worry, quality always rises above mediocrity....'mon Deeks stick one in the basket on Saturday and comeover and give me a bow (up behind the bench)...... I'll be the one standing applauding, nodding my head saying that's what we're here to see...:thumbsup:

...that's what I want to see......class not honest endeavour...:top marks