PDA

View Full Version : The curse of Football Focus?

Mag7
28-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I've been trying to work out what sparked our sudden loss of form and I recall that the day before the 3-0 defeat at Ibrox Hibs were featured on Football Focus. The gist of the piece was whether we could split the Old Firm. Since then we ain't won a game and shipped 10 goals in the process. Perhaps the nationwide TV exposure went to the players' heads?

EasterRoad4Ever
28-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Nothing to do with TV. All to do with Hibs club/players traditional lack of backbone, character, metal, bottle, drive and substance. For the last 40 years, we've employed people with fragile self esteem and low ambition and invariably end up winning little to nothing. This is Hibs.

BEEJ
28-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I've been trying to work out what sparked our sudden loss of form and I recall that the day before the 3-0 defeat at Ibrox Hibs were featured on Football Focus. The gist of the piece was whether we could split the Old Firm. Since then we ain't won a game and shipped 10 goals in the process. Perhaps the nationwide TV exposure went to the players' heads?
:greengrin That had occurred to me as well.

And the FF feature coincided that week with Wally Smith's effusive praise of the Hibs season up to that point; one of the most complimentary reviews of an opposing side I've ever heard an OF manager utter.

We were doomed from that point on. :rolleyes:

NOLA
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM

was thinking the exact same, hopes it's the last time we are on it:wink: